Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. (31905 Views)

I Want To Leave My Wife For My Girlfriend / Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) / How Come Women In My Family Don't Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by icebird25(m): 7:33pm On Mar 24, 2017
u know what happened between romeo and Juliet, how it came to an end.. you can do dsame
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by chukwudi3(m): 7:35pm On Mar 24, 2017
bishopken:
Guy my question is, are you ready to marry? If yes, go ahead and marry your love. But get ready for the unknown.
Every marriage has unknown. Good or bad.
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by stjudas(m): 7:35pm On Mar 24, 2017
kunlesufyan:
Put your self in your parent's shoes, would you allow your child who has had a child before??Think very hard before answering the question.

Now put your daughter in that girls shoes. Would you ever want your single-mother daughter to get married and find happiness?? Think very hard before answering the question.

3 Likes

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by louisv(m): 7:36pm On Mar 24, 2017
All people shouting its ur decision....Hmmmmm ....bros think this wella. Because yes u love her n u r d one marrying her. But she will not only be ur wife, she will be a daughter in law. The kind of treatment ur family will dish u both if they don't agree... It's not funny. On a very good day no parent would want a single mom or dad as a partner for their child. Let them see wot u r seeing. (Nlanders don't know... U said u love her that's wot we r working with) U could av subtly gotten one ur parents on ur side, before all this drama.

Still try to get maybe ur mom or ur dad to at least listen to u before d meeting.
Infact bribing maybe allowed!
In d end its ur decision,
Which ever way BRACE UR SELF! its going to be bumpy ride.
And seriously PRAY! PRAY!! AND PRAY ASK FOR GOD'S GRACE

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by 2tek: 7:36pm On Mar 24, 2017
Answer these salient questions:
What's the gender of the lady's baby, male or female?
-who is the father of the baby
-where does the father of the baby live? Same town or another state?
- after she gave birth to the baby, did the baby's father carry out any traditional rite on her -engagement or marriage?
- how often does she communicate or see the baby's father.

If its a baby boy she gave birth to, its VERY LIKELY the father will keep close monitoring or communication with the lady and u may not like such. The father will always call to make arrangement for the boy's welfare and anytime the boy's dad is in town, he would want to see ur wife to discuss about the boy's welfare.U know that old firewood burns very fast especially if the man is rich and has swag. He can easily continue codedly from where he stopped with ur wife. Remember Okafor's law.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Opakan2: 7:36pm On Mar 24, 2017
Attimes it's better to heed family advice especially when relationship is involved.

Most of these girls out there are not just it.. social media and material things have killed most of them morally.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by MayowaAleem(m): 7:38pm On Mar 24, 2017
bro follow your heart..
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ur parents just want to be convinced she worth being ur wife,
My Bro had such issue too and my mum was convinced when my bro told her reasons and they are happily married now with a kid.
All you need is the words to convince your parents and may Allah give you those words....
1st pray to God to help u in this and he will intervene.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by cutediva87(f): 7:39pm On Mar 24, 2017
what is wrong in marrying a single mom? after all girls marry single dads. plus if it were to be their daughter that had a child out of wedlock will they not want her to get married, or will they advice any man that wants to marry her not to? they are being selfish here.
and you if you already told the girl that the decision rests on you why are you scared now?
my advice: if you love her, go for her they will learn yo accept her with time. especially if she has a good character.

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by limitless777(m): 7:40pm On Mar 24, 2017
ADVICE when mostly needed IS less heeded.
my brother in Ur best interest and for Ur future's sake, NO try marry dt chic. IF you do: IT WILL ( and very very likely may/might ) be the worst decision U'll make in Ur LIFE.
It looks like it's going to be "Ur DECISION" NOW but when the chips are down and DONE U'll understand that MARRIAGE is beyond a MAN AND a WOMAN "loving?" themselves, living together to bleep till GOD calls them apart.

A WORD is enough for the WISE.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by DrOBD(m): 7:40pm On Mar 24, 2017
dominique:
Let your family understand that you love her and there's nothing wrong with being a single mum. If you eventually go ahead and marry, have it at back of your mind that your family might want to frustrate her. If you know that you will not be able to stand up for her and protect her against your family, kindly let her go.
Best advise so far

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 24, 2017
limitless777:

U are obviously a single that's why you'll give this kind of advice.

I won't banter with someone like you. I've given my opinion on the issue. So face your front.
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by rossyc(f): 7:41pm On Mar 24, 2017
TINALETC3:
Hmmmmmm, I jst pity d gal, if she is nt needed in dat family, she kindly walk away, some families cn fight u both physically and spiritually even after marriage, even though ur hubby luvs u. If trouble start later, na she go hear am nt d man
You have just said my mind...
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by RELAN2446(m): 7:42pm On Mar 24, 2017
Every body with is own problem, jst elope with d gal nd come bck after 6yrs, i swear dey will luv her more dan b4.i ve solve urs solve mine too, i need 30k to ph in gh, i will return it wen it mature.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 24, 2017
Dude she once got pregnant at 15! What do you expect your family to say? since you already said the final decision is yours why the cold feet na....lol bros subconsciously the fact bothers you if not, how did your brother find out?...while I will not be endorsing your girl for marriage something needs to be said about her honesty....the only testament to a girl's chastity is her hymen, if it's no longer there you can't tell what the kini has been through after all toto no get meter....yours faithfully - Toto D'ike cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 24, 2017
Smh.. Your family never talk anything and you don dey assume things..

I'll give my own opinion after you post the outcome of the meeting..
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Lilbvlgari733(m): 7:46pm On Mar 24, 2017
Harun111:
I met this 22 years old girl 1 year ago. We both got along and decided to settle down together.when we met she told me her past and one of the thing she told me about her past is she had a baby when she was 15years. She asked me if my family will allow me to marry her I said that should be my decision.i went ahead to Introduced her to my family which all of them accepted her.but recently my younger brother finds out she once gave birth,he then went ahead to tell my family about it. and they have called the family meeting which I was asked to appear on Sunday.my problem here is I love her so much and we are planning to settle down together this year and my family will want to stop me from marrying her.most her things her in my house. Am kinda confused I don't know Wat to do. Am going through some emotional pains rite now. I don't know if I should tell her, any time she calls my heart beat. Please I need ur advice..

What an elder sees sitting;the young can't see standing
I was once in your shoes be wise bro.
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Youngzedd(m): 7:46pm On Mar 24, 2017
Marry someone below 25 in this 21st century.

Sucide mission.. We are tired of giving advise to those who married amateur.
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by So4baba(m): 7:48pm On Mar 24, 2017
At 22 years, most of her things are in your house,,? Is she an orphan?...

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by tosyne2much(m): 7:48pm On Mar 24, 2017
limitless777:
ADVICE when mostly needed IS less heeded.
my brother in Ur best interest and for Ur future's sake, NO try marry dt chic. IF you do: IT WILL ( and very very likely may/might ) be the worst decision U'll make in Ur LIFE.
It looks like it's going to be "Ur DECISION" NOW but when the chips are down and DONE U'll understand that MARRIAGE is beyond a MAN AND a WOMAN "loving?" themselves, living together to bleep till GOD calls them apart.

A WORD is enough for the WISE.
God bless you my brother.. Marriage is beyond "both of us love each other, oyah let's fix a day for our wedding whether our family members like it or not"
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Cutehector(m): 7:50pm On Mar 24, 2017
I feel like giving ur brother a slap
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 24, 2017
dominique:
Let your family understand that you love her and there's nothing wrong with being a single mum. If you eventually go ahead and marry, have it at back of your mind that your family might want to frustrate her. If you know that you will not be able to stand up for her and protect her against your family, kindly let her go.

gbamest gbam!!
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by oseiwe(m): 7:52pm On Mar 24, 2017
kunlesufyan:
Put your self in your parent's shoes, would you allow your child who has had a child before??Think very hard before answering the question.
who will now marry the girl? will you prefer a 22y/o with 22abortions?

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by olaszydaruma(m): 7:53pm On Mar 24, 2017
I can feel your pain bro
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Elle277(f): 7:53pm On Mar 24, 2017
Matter wey parents put hand nah serious one oh,,often times it never end well if you insist ,just try and make them see reasons sha if not..... Again telling her too is not supposed to be a problem,trust me she knows its not gonna be that easy

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by olaszydaruma(m): 7:53pm On Mar 24, 2017
This is exactly what is going on in my life too. Although my family is yet to discovered that she already had a child before. She said I should not let them know yet, that when its time she will let me know.
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by gabbrri(m): 7:54pm On Mar 24, 2017
I am presently battling this same issue. the funny thing about mine is that no member of my family have found out she is a single mother
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by limitless777(m): 7:54pm On Mar 24, 2017
BleSSedMee:

I won't banter with someone like you. I've given my opinion on the issue. So face your front.

honestly I DO NOT intend to offend U Sir.
BUT I will definitely face my front.

cool
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Rhea(f): 7:55pm On Mar 24, 2017
Harun111:
I met this 22 years old girl 1 year ago. We both got along and decided to settle down together.when we met she told me her past and one of the thing she told me about her past is she had a baby when she was 15years. She asked me if my family will allow me to marry her I said that should be my decision.i went ahead to Introduced her to my family which all of them accepted her.but recently my younger brother finds out she once gave birth,he then went ahead to tell my family about it. and they have called the family meeting which I was asked to appear on Sunday.my problem here is I love her so much and we are planning to settle down together this year and my family will want to stop me from marrying her.most her things her in my house. Am kinda confused I don't know Wat to do. Am going through some emotional pains rite now. I don't know if I should tell her, any time she calls my heart beat. Please I need ur advice..

In all honesty, I do not think you are ready to marry. Marriage is a decision taken between two discerning and willing couples without any external coercion. You and your partner are the ones planning to get married, not your father, mother or great grand uncle. You do not marry to appease parents (unlike what most parents intend their children to believe). Most parents genuinely seek the happiness of their children when they start intervening like yours and dictate who you marry or not. However a good number of them let this love for their children to overwhelm their common sense of judgment. Listen to their advice as your parents, but DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO. The consequences or blessings from your actions are yours and your partner's to carry/enjoy. If this decision is difficult for you to make, then you are not ready to get married. When you are ready, nobody should stop you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by limitless777(m): 7:57pm On Mar 24, 2017
tosyne2much:
God bless you my brother.. Marriage is beyond "both of us love each other, oyah leads fix a day for our wedding whether our family members like it or not"

tosyne baba U too much.
MARRIAGE matter NO BE bread and butter.
make them ask Tonto, Funke Akind, etc
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by bishopken: 7:57pm On Mar 24, 2017
Nwanne, postpone that marriage till further notice until you resolve your family disputes. You have to prove to your family that you really love her and she love you, but like I said before, be prepared for the unknown.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Before You Marry A Military Man / I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court / Help, I'm An Alcoholic!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.