Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. (31904 Views)

I Want To Leave My Wife For My Girlfriend / Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) / How Come Women In My Family Don't Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by MadCow1: 7:57pm On Mar 24, 2017
Nne5:
She asked me if my family will allow me to marry her I said that should be my decision.

That should be your decision.

Why are you now 'fearing'

Except you think your FAM would influence your decision but don't allow them do that.

One Hero beer for you.

If he says it's his decision and was serious then why the sudden change of heart?

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by limitless777(m): 7:58pm On Mar 24, 2017
tosyne2much:
God bless you my brother.. Marriage is beyond "both of us love each other, oyah leads fix a day for our wedding whether our family members like it or not"

tosyne baba U too much.

MARRIAGE matter NO BE bread and butter.
make them ask Tonto, Funke Akind, etc

HAPPY Weekend bro

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by oseiwe(m): 7:58pm On Mar 24, 2017
2tek:
Answer these salient questions:
What's the gender of the lady's baby, male or female?
-who is the father of the baby
-where does the father of the baby live? Same town or another state?
- after she gave birth to the baby, did the baby's father carry out any traditional rite on her -engagement or marriage?
- how often does she communicate or see the baby's father.

If its a baby boy she gave birth to, its VERY LIKELY the father will keep close monitoring or communication with the lady and u may not like such. The father will always call to make arrangement for the boy's welfare and anytime the boy's dad is in town, he would want to see ur wife to discusd about the boy's welfare.U know that old firewood burns very fast especially if the man is rich and has swag. He can easily continue codedly from where he stopped with ur wife.
I know a man who denied his son, a perfect carbon copy, he was forced to pay for welfare, he refused, the son is a graduate today, the father still doesnt accept him, and they all live in thesame town.

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by goingape1: 7:58pm On Mar 24, 2017
Harun111:
I met this 22 years old girl 1 year ago. We both got along and decided to settle down together.when we met she told me her past and one of the thing she told me about her past is she had a baby when she was 15years. She asked me if my family will allow me to marry her I said that should be my decision.i went ahead to Introduced her to my family which all of them accepted her.but recently my younger brother finds out she once gave birth,he then went ahead to tell my family about it. and they have called the family meeting which I was asked to appear on Sunday.my problem here is I love her so much and we are planning to settle down together this year and my family will want to stop me from marrying her.most her things her in my house. Am kinda confused I don't know Wat to do. Am going through some emotional pains rite now. I don't know if I should tell her, any time she calls my heart beat. Please I need ur advice..
if you be my son I go disown you undecided

why will you bring someone who have one child from another person?

did you think love is like that! undecided

for example: when ever you and her had a fight, she will be comparing you with that man and she will love her bastard son more than you.

think before you use your prick! your parent are trying to make you avoid all this single mum stuff
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Kakamorufu(m): 7:59pm On Mar 24, 2017
well. follow your mind and don't fret when talking with them.
Buh I must say, your brother is a big bad snitch.
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by tosyne2much(m): 8:01pm On Mar 24, 2017
limitless777:

tosyne baba U too much.

MARRIAGE matter NO BE bread and butter.
make them ask Tonto, Funke Akind, etc

HAPPY Weekend bro
When you marry someone against the wish of your parents and family members, they will frustrate your life minimally but that of the girl go brutal gan cheesy

No matter the civilization, culture still holds ground in some families my brother
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by DozieInc(m): 8:06pm On Mar 24, 2017
Harun111:
I met this 22 years old girl 1 year ago. We both got along and decided to settle down together.when we met she told me her past and one of the thing she told me about her past is she had a baby when she was 15years. She asked me if my family will allow me to marry her I said that should be my decision.i went ahead to Introduced her to my family which all of them accepted her.but recently my younger brother finds out she once gave birth,he then went ahead to tell my family about it. and they have called the family meeting which I was asked to appear on Sunday.my problem here is I love her so much and we are planning to settle down together this year and my family will want to stop me from marrying her.most her things her in my house. Am kinda confused I don't know Wat to do. Am going through some emotional pains rite now. I don't know if I should tell her, any time she calls my heart beat. Please I need ur advice..
Copied from @decatalyst comment.
The first mistake is letting this kinda of news to be discovered. You are supposed to call whoever is closest to you between your dad and mom and explain the situation to him/her. This would have doused the tension by the time you present her to the whole family.
@OP since it didn't work that way. read the screen shot below.

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by goingape1: 8:06pm On Mar 24, 2017
CaroLyner:
If You Both Are Convinced In Yourselves! Nothing. I repeat, NO THING can stop you from being ONE! It is just a matter of firm determination. And stronger will from You Both!
Then, comes the another part: where not just you two are involved, but families are also involved.
So, better idea will be, to get a few members in your favour. and she should also do the same.
Once U have done it, then ask them, how you should go ahead for it? Yes, leave it onto them.
@ op!

if you listen to this kind of people who have sold their yansh to the devil, Oyo is your own!

useless women everywhere and the op want to make that mistake.

when she was opening her yansh from the guy who got her pregnant, where you there undecided
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by JerryTemi(f): 8:08pm On Mar 24, 2017
Bros I will start from telling you a story and you will make or take your decisions.my girlfriend took in one certain time like that and she had the baby,today that boy is 6 and you won't believe it she got married last year and to grown it all the guy didn't disclose her baby to his family so bros take your ground cover her unclothedness now, call her, tell her not to tell or answer anybody about that baby,you are a man and I will tell you to in for them that such information is not real at all,stand your ground. Don't let anybody to run your life or family for you because nobody will do same to me that is a woman because is my choice.all the best

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Qriousity(m): 8:09pm On Mar 24, 2017
Harun111:
Bro go ahead with the marriage. Your parents ain't the ones to decide who you marry. BTW, ask them if their own parents did the same to them.

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by BuddhaPalm(m): 8:10pm On Mar 24, 2017
Harun111:
I met this 22 years old girl 1 year ago. We both got along and decided to settle down together.when we met she told me her past and one of the thing she told me about her past is she had a baby when she was 15years. She asked me if my family will allow me to marry her I said that should be my decision.

i went ahead to Introduced her to my family which all of them accepted her. but recently my younger brother finds out she once gave birth,he then went ahead to tell my family about it. and they have called the family meeting which I was asked to appear on Sunday. my problem here is I love her so much and we are planning to settle down together this year and my family will want to stop me from marrying her. most her things her in my house. Am kinda confused I don't know Wat to do. Am going through some emotional pains rite now. I don't know if I should tell her, any time she calls my heart beat. Please I need ur advice..

Though the concerns of your family are founded, at the end of the day however, you are the one who will LIVE with this girl, not them.

As a man, when you are ready to marry, you don't take a girl to your parents for approval.

No.

You go to inform them.

If you really want this girl, be respectful, but firm. Tell them she's who you want to spend the rest of your life with.

See this as life's way of testing your resolve.

On a brotherly note, I hope this is not a hasty decision, or a poorly considered one.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by sherifjoo(m): 8:10pm On Mar 24, 2017
I hate hearing dis word,,,My family wud not allow,,are dey d one dat wil leave wit her or u ,d fact remains dat unless you are not sure of urslf

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Qriousity(m): 8:11pm On Mar 24, 2017
goingape1:

for example: when ever you and her had a fight, she will be comparing you with that man and she will love her bastard son more than you.

think before you use your prick! your parent are trying to make you avoid all this single mum stuff
biko keep quiet. Who are you to judge? Not as if you are a saint.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by goingape1: 8:11pm On Mar 24, 2017
dominique:
Let your family understand that you love her and there's nothing wrong with being a single mum. If you eventually go ahead and marry, have it at back of your mind that your family might want to frustrate her. If you know that you will not be able to stand up for her and protect her against your family, kindly let her go.
see them!

one cornered brain people undecided
protect again who? the girl did something irresponsible at her youth and you want the op parent to pay for her irresponsible act.

useless women everywhere

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by goingape1: 8:13pm On Mar 24, 2017
Qriousity:
biko keep quiet. Who are you to judge? Not as if you are a saint.
shut up!

there are things you are not suppose to do during your youthful exuberant!

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Sunnytega: 8:14pm On Mar 24, 2017
I don't understand. Does it mean somebody dat has given birth bf can't get married? She only had a child nt dt she's a witch or has one terrible dz dat pipo are afraid of

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Sunnytega: 8:17pm On Mar 24, 2017
Is it becs she did nt abort d pregnancy?

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by goingape1: 8:18pm On Mar 24, 2017
SmartMugu:
Bro, start thinking differently. You said you love her, what's ur idea of love? A pretty woman with a cute face, some bum and titties u can feel good about after marrying her?
Have you heard of women making a complete u-turn to become a completely different person from what you thought u fell in love with as soon as u put a ring on their finger or they have a baby by you?
Bro, be smart, and not a mugu. What happened to her first baby-daddy? So, you'd prefer being a husband to her versus being her next baby-daddy if we want to take it that way.
You said she's 22, I'm assuming ure in ur 20's too. Why is marriage #1 on your mind now? Are you of one of our notorious tribes known for marrying women that haven't gotten to that age they can differentiate their left from right?

Calm down bro. Don't get tied down by someone in that crap termed 'love', else you may end up regretting ur actions for years.

thank you!
marrying a single mother are the most dangerous act you have ever done!

you are never the father of that child and it will always be at the back of ya mind.

you can never love that child equally and that child will surely look for her bastard father someday in he/her life.

blood is thicker than water!

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Antoeni(m): 8:18pm On Mar 24, 2017
The word Love and Marriage re meant for mature Adults,not for grow children,,so check ur sef very well,to see if 1-u 're an Adult, 2-mature In hrt 3-can stand as a man and take decisions,4-if u wants to start a a family of ur Own,
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:21pm On Mar 24, 2017
He be like say u don high on garri... Abi. U better receive sense this night.. undecided undecided
kullozone:

"ok" for what
So this your mumu never still stop?
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by goingape1: 8:22pm On Mar 24, 2017
Antoeni:
The word Love and Marriage re meant for mature Adults,not for grow children,,so check ur sef very well,to see if 1-u 're an Adult, 2-mature In hrt 3-can stand as a man and take decisions,4-if u wants to start a a family of ur Own,
who are the people divorcing undecided

are there not the mature adult who once think of the word "love and marriage" undecided

who is cheating on there husband and wife?
are there not the one who once think of the word "love and Marriage"

you need to check your brain very well and find out the true meaning of maturity.
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Bishop(m): 8:24pm On Mar 24, 2017
young man, you love her but I can tell you that you are not emotionally strong for this. You will immediately become a father to a child of about 7years taking full responsibility of her or his upkeep before your own biological children are born. and when They come would you withhold your love from your first child. think about this. i conclude that you are infatuated
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by limitless777(m): 8:26pm On Mar 24, 2017
tosyne2much:
When your marry someone against the wish of your parents and family members, they will frustrate your life minimally but that of the girl go brutal gan cheesy

No matter the civilization, culture still holds ground in some families my brother

the challenge is that MOST of US fail to realize that OUR families ARE OUR TRUE flesh and BLOOD who NO matter WHAT want the best for us at almost every point in time.

there's so much more to "MARRIAGE".
it's always interesting that IF and when a FAMILY IS against one partner THINGS usually go WRONG.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by orjaha(m): 8:27pm On Mar 24, 2017
maybe they know her somewhere else, or she had date one of your relation before,
you can ask your family
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by youthofnaija: 8:29pm On Mar 24, 2017
goingape1:

I will support 100% if you can answer these questions
1. If the lady in question was your daughter, will you drive away any man that comes to seek her hand in marriage because she is a single mother?
2. If the table was turned around, what will be your decision? That is, assuming the single mother is your sister or your daughter.
At times, all we need to do is put ourselves in the other person's shoe

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by silverspringle(f): 8:29pm On Mar 24, 2017
@Op, listen to this... " If u don't marry that girl, another person(maybe someone berra than u) will marry her. Since u know this, back to ur topic, that a girl gave back at d age of 15 doesnt mean anything. It was just a mistake, most girls commit abortion like a 'million' times and still get married with their dirty parts hidden. I ve noticed that even though our parents wants d best for us, they can be very selfish. They want to keep up a face not minding their children's happiness. My fiancé's mum kept finding fault with me but d son stood his ground. That is what i call a man, its not disrespect, its called know ur boundaries with ur spouse and ur family. I told my fiancé that d way ur mum doesn't like me is d way my mum doesn't like u cos she wanted me to marry a richer guy. What should u do? Wisely let ur parents know why u should marry this girl, invlolve ur closer uncles and aunties, let them see reasons with u though it will take a long time but dnt give up if u think she's worth it. My mum will say "that she's has given birth before means she's fertile" lolz... Goodluck wink

3 Likes

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by goingape1: 8:31pm On Mar 24, 2017
chimavalentine:
reason with ur family,convince them abt d love u HV for d girl,the baby they are rejecting might be a millionaire in d future,don't please ur family to displease urself
how many millionaires are there in this country?

your thinking is as a result of watching to much telemundo
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Nnennazimzim(f): 8:31pm On Mar 24, 2017
The devil you know, is better than the one you don't know. Is it because she is decent enough to have her baby, the one your parents want you to marry, do you know how many she has aborted. My dear if the girl is a nice girl and you love her enough to marry her. Try and convince your people and ask God To help you. The girl is unfortunate to get pregnant out of the tens of thousands of girls that have premarital sex. Do not judge her because of her past mistakes.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by gwama: 8:31pm On Mar 24, 2017
If it is because of the child that your parents refuse that you marry her, then marry her, taking care of a child who does not hold him biologically, God will reward you.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Emmysk050: 8:31pm On Mar 24, 2017
oboy sha na ur life. but me ah no fit marry person wey my mama no aprove. oboy no mis dat parents blessing o.[b]oboy sha na ur life. but me ah no fit marry person wey my mama no aprove. oboy no mis dat parents blessing o.[/b]oboy sha na ur life. but me ah no fit marry person wey my mama no aprove. oboy no mis dat parents blessing o.
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by princetom1(m): 8:34pm On Mar 24, 2017
Harun111:

Naa, who is getting married, u or ur family?
If u wanna be happy, u better start doing the things that makes ur heart beat. All these family palava sef, it's hard to find someone and wen u do, it's one problem or d oda. My advice, don't let go, even if u have to quarrel with ur family (last resort), with time, everyone will learn to accept her especially after giving u a male child (if u are igbó). I don't want u to look back someday and regret letting go. You should also know that if issues arise, u are on your own. So, man up and protect ur princess
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by tosyne2much(m): 8:35pm On Mar 24, 2017
olaszydaruma:
This is exactly what is going on in my life too. Although my family is yet to discovered that she already had a child before. She said I should not let them know yet, that when its time she will let me know.
I just hope they won't kick her ass out when they know, or what do you think bro?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Before You Marry A Military Man / I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court / Help, I'm An Alcoholic!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.