Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index (74449 Views)

Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! / 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by TeamSimple(m): 8:53am On Mar 27, 2017
OfficialAwol:
Until now, northerners believed development would be doing the whitemen who own development equipments, a favour.

If most north weren't Islamic, they'd have been better off than what they are now.

Some are still foolish though
Ebonyi ain't close to being Islamic but still struggles for positions with the north.

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by omofunaab(m): 8:54am On Mar 27, 2017
Omo dis ting pain anambra people gan oooo

4 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Adieza(m): 8:55am On Mar 27, 2017
North All d Way
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Abagworo(m): 8:57am On Mar 27, 2017
This report is as laughable as the literacy report where same standard is applied to areas with peculiarity. Our poverty rate has never been up to the level reported here.
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by PenisCaP: 8:58am On Mar 27, 2017
subtlemee:

Kikikikikikiki...where are you are from?

Tell me first say u will marry o tongue
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by modsfucker: 8:59am On Mar 27, 2017
Zamfara no dey carry first in everything. Even if you list the states alphabetically, they will still come last.
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by smartty68(m): 9:01am On Mar 27, 2017
kings09:
So PDP is still embezzling. Ur current affairs syllabus is truly current. Never knew buhari is in PDP

Based on data collected between 2004 and 2014 by United Nation's Multi-Dimensional Poverty Index,

Can see that your current affairs is truly current indeed and you lack comprehension. Pretty sure you're looking for who to barge on this morning but you've missed your way. Check next door please. Good morning
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by tolue42(m): 9:01am On Mar 27, 2017
webincomeplus:

It's not about being Islamic. It's about being Hausa. The Islam I know doesn't frown at development in all fronts, especially technology and urbanization. If you disagree with me, take a look at Islam-dominated countries like Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, etc.

don't shy away from the truth, am living in UAE, the population of Locals there is not up to 10 million, for example, Dubai population is just 2 million, and UAE are pumping oil equivalent to Nigeria's daily sales. Kuwait is less than 3 million(pumping oil more than Nigeria daily), Saudi Arabia is less than 30 million(pumping oil more than Nigeria)........
Even if they marry 5 wives each, they will still have more money. Hausa population is more than the whole country you mentioned , let alone Nigeria.

A man in kaduna has 34 children a ( sugar cane farmer), are you saying their standard of living will be better thank a man with one wife 3 children in Ekiti (farmer), it's a simple logic!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by dokunbam(m): 9:02am On Mar 27, 2017
ayindejimmy:

Have you been to Osun b4?

Don't mind them.

They should visit Osun and see for themselves instead of listening to rumours
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by fortunechy(m): 9:03am On Mar 27, 2017
Anambra adigo nma........ To GOD be the glory.

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 27, 2017
subtlemee:
Chai! See my Akwa Ibom o,but we try small

Akwa Ibom ayaya cheesycheesycheesy wetin e mean ? undecided
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by ba7man(m): 9:07am On Mar 27, 2017
subtlemee:
Chai! See my Akwa Ibom o,but we try small
You're complaining, What should Zamfara peeps now do?
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by delli(m): 9:12am On Mar 27, 2017
Blue3k:
Akwa Ibom suffering it shows we need to more private sector growth in economy this civil civil life is no good. Hopefully the industrial city, port and general industrialization policy kicks off soon.

Does anyone find it interesting NE has lower poverty rate than NW?

regional breakdown

1.) SW-19.3%
2.) SS-25.2%
3.) SE-27.4%
4.) NC- 42.6%
5.) NE-76.8%
6.) NW-81.1%
why is it that North Central remain in the middle
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Rilwayne001: 9:14am On Mar 27, 2017
God bless Yoruba!

3 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by sammyscholar(m): 9:19am On Mar 27, 2017
igwebuike01:

There is nothing like regional breakdown, every state for themselves, nigeria is not currently practicing regionalism
regional breakdown in terms of poverty rate is plausible here, friend. The kind of government we are practising -- either federal or regional -- does not stop us from carrying out a regional poverty rate analysis.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Chukazu: 9:20am On Mar 27, 2017
Ebonyi always the "black sheep" for South east . .

Anambra will soon be number one poverty least prevalence state in Nigeria
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Rilwayne001: 9:23am On Mar 27, 2017
webincomeplus:

It's not about being Islamic. It's about being Hausa. The Islam I know doesn't frown at development in all fronts, especially technology and urbanization. If you disagree with me, take a look at Islam-dominated countries like Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, etc.

Touché!

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Calfat1: 9:26am On Mar 27, 2017
Kk we hearer
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by sonofthunder: 9:26am On Mar 27, 2017
are they sure of osun?... that's commendable if authentic...
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Henryfour(m): 9:30am On Mar 27, 2017
Blue3k:
Akwa Ibom suffering it shows we need to more private sector growth in economy this civil civil life is no good. Hopefully the industrial city, port and general industrialization policy kicks off soon.

Does anyone find it interesting NE has lower poverty rate than NW?

regional breakdown

1.) SW-19.3%
2.) SS-25.2%
3.) SE-27.4%
4.) NC- 42.6%
5.) NE-76.8%
6.) NW-81.1%
guy u be mumum ,for ya mind ss beta pasd se, cant u see d ouylined figure of all d states in se even in sw ,poeple upon which dis figure emanated frm is se living in sw
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by AlanTuringAI: 9:30am On Mar 27, 2017
mapet:

Many of you just let out rubbish, without bothering to reason what criteria was used to develop this stats. If you bothered to think about it, you will know that the criteria used is not "eye catching projects".

The criteria used were mainly based on 3 categories - Education, Health and Standard of Living, now subdivided into ten indicators. That is why responsible government's projects should among others be geared towards addressing the multidimensional poverty index as stipulated by UN. It is not about pictures, fancy buildings and obviously not about the lies you lot tell yourselves about Osun. It is about simple indicies of life like enrolment, school attendance, nutrition, child mortality rate, access to food and water, rural electricity, cooking fuels and sanitation
I believe this report simply because of the time period covered but I don't know why some of you like to delude yourselves. If I may ask, how many of those Aregbesola projects I listed up there are sustainable up to 2017, and are you saying that if this UN study was conducted just between 2015 and 2016, Osun state will still retain the position it maintains on this list? The pathetic case of Osun between 2015-2016 became such a National disgrace that a church had to be providing food for many people there as a result of the state government failing in it's responsibility. Before you call me ipob or whatever, I'm from the SW myself but I love objectivity.
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Bintexy(f): 9:30am On Mar 27, 2017
ayindejimmy:

Have you been to Osun b4?

I have and I disagree with that percentage.

I have been to Ile Ife, able bodied men/women practically beg people upandan.

They are everywhere, they enter restaurants, shops, outside banks, stop you on the road and so on.

It's quite embarrassing I must say.

All this I witnessed 2016/2017, unless it was better in 2015.
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by totit: 9:33am On Mar 27, 2017
Jetleeee:
Why is this shitkenganwo clown trying to derail with pics?

Poor ipob e-thug cheesy

Make I add more injury grin grin

More fact emerging...

http://www.worldbank.org/en/country/nigeria/publication/nigeria-economic-report-improved-economic-outlook-in-2014-and-prospects-for-continued-growth-look-good

http://www.ophi.org.uk/multidimensional-poverty-index/
http://www.dataforall.org/dashboard/ophi/index.php/
https://www.nairaland.com/2418994/ranking-nigerian-states-poverty-rates

https://www.naij.com/401470-see-the-10-poorest-states-in-nigeria.html

Even worldbank agreed with you OP.

cheesy

And yet another one wink

scholes0:
The preparation of this 2015 NHDR has been made possible by the contributions and support of many individuals and organizations who generously gave their valuable time and ideas. First and foremost is the UNDP Country Office in Nigeria for providing both financial and technical
support right from inception. The team is particularly grateful for the unwavering guidance and support of the UNDP Nigeria team led by Pa Lamin Beyai (Country Director) and Ojijo Odhiambo (Senior Economic Advisor), Robert Asogwa (National Economist) and Grace Arinze-Ononwu (Economic Research Associate). A special appreciation is also due to Colleen Zamba (immediate former Economic Advisor), who provided valuable input at the onset of the process. The NHDR also benefited greatly from the advice and guidance of the former UNDP Resident Representative, Daouda Toure as well as the former Director-General of NISER, Prof. Olufemi Taiwo.

The following are the main points of the UNDP report on Nigeria.

HEALTH

LIFE EXPECTANCY INDEX FOR NIGERIA

--------------------------------------------------------

EDUCATION

MEAN YEARS OF SCHOOLING IN NIGERIA

NIGERIA'S EDUCATIONAL INDEX

---------------------------------------------------------

WEALTH AND LIVING STANDARD

POVERTY INDEX RANKING FOR NIGERIA

GENDER EQUALITY

GENDER INEQUALITY BY ZONES, NIGERIA

WOMEN IN GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT OUTSIDE AGRICULTURE

SHARE OF WOMEN IN WAGE EMPLOYMENT

POVERTY INCIDENCE BY TOTAL HEADCOUNT RATIO

POVERTY PREVALENCE BY SECTORS AND ZONES

POPULATION TO PUBLIC SPENDING RATIO

NATIONAL POPULATION SHARE AND EXPENDITURES ON EDUCATION, HEALTH & PUBLIC ADMIN

INFANT MORTALITY

INFANT MORTALITY RATES BY ZONES IN NIGERIA

UNDER 5 MORTALITY RATES BY ZONES IN NIGERIA

SOURCE: http://www.ng.undp.org/
Download Page: Research and Publications
National Human Development Report, May 12, 2016.
http://www.ng.undp.org/content/nigeria/en/home/library/

This is very important

Cc :

Rilwayne001

Funkybabee

Jetleeee

grin

Curtsey :

https://www.nairaland.com/3108722/2016-united-nations-human-development

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by subtlemee(f): 9:33am On Mar 27, 2017
PenisCaP:

Tell me first say u will marry o tongue

I can't say yes to a phantom..you could be a robot you know tongue
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by OfficialAwol(m): 9:36am On Mar 27, 2017
webincomeplus:

See, it is about being Islamic. Those countries learnt what it means to practice faith illumined by reason but our brothers up north are into religious blindness orchestrated by fear of conversion.

I know what I'm saying
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Horllamideh(m): 9:36am On Mar 27, 2017
Sanchez01:

These are suburbs in Osun State. More like slums. Even as electrifying as Lagos is, there are slums that beats one's imagination.

In the East, particularly Enugu, there are far more horrible places than that of Osun.
I did my youth service in IMO state and their towns are just like typical SW small towns.....brown roofs and all

9 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by PenisCaP: 9:36am On Mar 27, 2017
subtlemee:

I can't say yes to a phantom..you could be a robot you know tongue

Me robot?.. ooh my chest!! My chest!!!

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Rilwayne001: 9:36am On Mar 27, 2017
Ikengawo:

In the east we don't even store chickens in this type of dwelling

IPod tout, statistics didn't lie about the poverty level in Biafra going higher than in the South west.

Proof here: see how your people were busy digging contaminated chickens buried by customs angry sad yuck!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3037798_a_jpeg14a53cac5a312f3d1ad4980fec051d42

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3037800_1_jpeg83b5009e040969ee7b60362ad7426573

https://www.nairaland.com/2714159/nigerians-dig-up-eat-contaminated.

IF THIS IS NOT POVERTY THEN WHAT IS IT?

8 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Funkybabee(f): 9:41am On Mar 27, 2017
chaiii this results done pain my brother in yeast oooo. they can commit suicide upon this simple things. what I will tell my stupid brother who claimed that osun shouldn't be among the top low poverty state is that they should come here and hustle like my brother,maybe their life can change for good instead of wailing their anus there and don't know what my people are doing to survive here I love my state peoples, there is nothing they can do to survive even if na "biri pon pon" they will do it just make sure they and their children eat and live happily. we don't have companies like lag,Oyo or Ogun but we are Still ahead of them in some areas like this Glory be to God

may God continues to bless my state
may God bless Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by OfficialAwol(m): 9:42am On Mar 27, 2017
freedom96:
You speak as though you or your father is better than all the "islamic northerners".Dangote is an "islamic northerner",who knows your father,the Christian southerner??

A tree they say cannot make a forest. There are no Dangotes in the south yet their lives are better off.

Even without this survey, it is audible to the deaf and visible to the blind that the north is millennia behind the south; a gap they will never close even if they divert every flight coming to Nigeria to Kaduna and Kano.

And next time, leave my father out of our talk

Shalom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Another Senator Caught Sleeping [photo] / Nigerians React As Tinubu Says "Is Evans A Herdsman?" At Fasoranti's Home / Names Of The New Ministerial Nominees Tinubu Sent To The Senate For Screening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.