Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index (74466 Views)

Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! / 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by greatnation2: 10:52am On Mar 27, 2017
majamajic:

Can u name your state ? Anambra will always be up there. Seriously am not happy with this 3rd position (Lagos included). We still power lagos even.
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by freedom96: 10:59am On Mar 27, 2017
OfficialAwol:

A tree they say cannot make a forest. There are no Dangotes in the south yet their lives are better off.

Even without this survey, it is audible to the deaf and visible to the blind that the north is millennia behind the south; a gap they will never close even if they divert every flight coming to Nigeria to Kaduna and Kano.

And next time, leave my father out of our talk

Shalom
Well,it's now obvious u are just being silly.A chestbeater and nothing more.Let the north handle it's problems without u throwing nonsense at their cultures and values.

And next time,leave "islamic northerners" out of our talk.

Salam.

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by greatnation2: 11:00am On Mar 27, 2017
We know facts on ground, Osun once biggest GDP in the whole world, Ekiti was once fountain of knowledge grin grin, enjoy your fake azonto dance, I hope you have
seen pictures of Ebonyi Compare it to your backward Osun before you think of almighty Anambra

Jetleeee:

Will definitely come in handy
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by cybriz82(m): 11:01am On Mar 27, 2017
solacong:
North sha!

dnt believe dis garbage...enter sokoto state make u see things urself...xpecially in sama road n arikilla...hausa people are fucking rich...they are just pretending...
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by orunto27: 11:01am On Mar 27, 2017
solacong:
North sha!

To even out, The South must be Cattle Rearers under the domination of Fulani Herdsmen.
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by OfficialAwol(m): 11:02am On Mar 27, 2017
Rilwayne001:

You're contradicting yourself undecided

How
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by OfficialAwol(m): 11:04am On Mar 27, 2017
freedom96:
Well,it's now obvious u are just being silly.A chestbeater and nothing more.Let the north handle it's problems without u throwing nonsense at their cultures and values.

And next time,leave "islamic northerners" out of our talk.

Salam.

You're nothing but a typical Muslim with anger in his veins. I suggest you be checked for terrorist link.
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 27, 2017
Blue3k:

Lol where did I celebrate at you dull child? I actually said my state looks bad and needs to improve. Btw SS not far behind Statisticly so I guess that makes your region trash aswell. The fact that this list offends you shows that facts hurt your feeling. Like I told other guy go cry to the UN.

PS. You guy can look at how they deverived stats and debunk them. We'll be waiting to see your counter arguements. I doubt u will since wailing and strawmen arguements are your only skill.
Una get time o. So y'all bliv this nonsense statistics United nation dey try tell us who never eat for our area now? Nawa o. I die if that thing correct. Who be fool?? Dem know my area? My place no even get map

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by AshiwajuFoward: 11:10am On Mar 27, 2017
mavinc4u:

Which position is Anambra on that list?

Behind Osun cool, and slightly above Ekiti. grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by freedom96: 11:11am On Mar 27, 2017
OfficialAwol:

You're nothing but a typical Muslim with anger in his veins. I suggest you be checked for terrorist link.
Why won't I be angry when low-living and narrow-minded morons keep insulting me and my religion?
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by maasoap(m): 11:22am On Mar 27, 2017
ConqueredWest:

You believe this fake report where Osun ranks better than other states excluding Lagos undecided

It seems they can sell you for a plate of porridge grin
What do you know about Osun State personally?
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Amoto94(m): 11:24am On Mar 27, 2017
This report is a misrepresentation of facts and reality on ground. FriendNG vedaxcool fizznation

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by puremind1: 11:30am On Mar 27, 2017
Chikeluba25:
Osun ahead of Anambra?? Kamnukwa.
Produce ur statistics so that we can believe you, empty barrel Ojukwus. There was a time that u claimed that you are the most populous in the country. Fraud is ur lot in Biafra republic. The S/S that u are attaching yourself to are leaving u behind to your bitterness of other tribes. You can see that they are following S/W closely. Just keep finding faults in areas we are ahead of you, soon, you will be 4th if u think developing other region is your hobby while your desolate region is retrograding. Jonathan lost the election and the Buffon has moved on together with S/S but u pathetic ojukwus are still nursing the wounds of defeat. With this orientation of yours, your tribe is condemned to 2nd class citizenship where no tribe trusts you. The S/S people stood against your forefathers during the civil war and the S/S people are not cowards and are ready to slay you if u try to annex their land again. Stand alone in your self determination. We SW had been in opposition since the creation of this country until now and we are not afraid of going into opposition in the next dispensation. Your leaders are running into APC like droves now because you lots can not be in opposition. Your fore fathers did same-go and ask AZIKWE , a slave to the hausas when Awo was developing SW. For the peace and tranquility, u ojukwus litter our land to the extent of having ezes fighting our obas. We are ahead of you 100% and we will always be. If you are offended go and hug 1,000,000 KVA transformer in your landlocked cursed land or u report me to ONIKUJE 1 OF KUJE, FCT, NIGERIA.EOD!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by maasoap(m): 11:34am On Mar 27, 2017
Ikengawo:
Other than some Aboki trash state, Osun is the lowest ranking at all economic indicators

The most indebted state in Nigeria with zero revenue

filthy people, lying liars
What can we do to correct these notions and misconceptions that all these IPOB youth have about Osun State? My state is not that wretched. The cost of living is modest. If you are not too choosy, you will have just something doing for yourself.
Have you ever asked yourself why cases of robbery, armed robbery, kidnapping are not so rampant in Osun State unlike your own state?

4 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Emtol01: 11:34am On Mar 27, 2017
masseratti:
Osun should be 30% ,it cant be less than ondo and kwara,impossicant.

Btw how come a state will have 90% poverty rate?

i dont bliv this stats
Have you ever lived in Osun, Ondo and Kwara before jumping to conclusion?

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by mavinc4u(f): 11:34am On Mar 27, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Okay, good to know you saw that because your comment does not sound like one who saw Anambra on the list at all. But are you not ashamed to see Lagos with 8% despite all the money that has been pumped in, forget the first position even Nigeria capital position is nothing to write about and you are here jubilating? The way most of you reason makes me wonder if anything is left. Do you actually think the list is all about people from that region. This list is all about people that resides there and not people from a specific region.

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by totit: 11:35am On Mar 27, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Ipod, how market? grin

Another prove:

The NER also documents major differences in poverty and living standards by macro-region in Nigeria.   While the South of Nigeria has relatively low poverty rates, ranging from 16% in the South West to 28.8% in the South East, poverty rates in the North West and North East are 45.9% and 50.2%, respectively.  While the South of Nigeria (especially the South West) has experienced a strong positive dynamic in poverty reduction in recent years, the poverty rate in the North West has remained stagnant, while poverty has actually increased in the North East. Thus, disparities between the North (North West, North East) and South of Nigeria in poverty and living standards have increased.    This is no doubt related to the recent security challenges in the Northern part of Nigeria. Explanatory factors for the high differences in living standards by geographical region are likely related to differences in the provision of public services and the degree of connectedness to larger markets.  

http://www.worldbank.org/en/country/nigeria/publication/nigeria-economic-report-improved-economic-outlook-in-2014-and-prospects-for-continued-growth-look-good

6 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by maasoap(m): 11:35am On Mar 27, 2017
Ikengawo:
[size=15pt]Highest prevalence of Female Genital Mutilation in Osun worrisome – Aregbesola[/size]

http://tribuneonlineng.com/highest-prevalence-fgm-osun-worrisome-aregbesola/
How is this related to poverty?

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by totit: 11:38am On Mar 27, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Ipod yoots, how market grin

[quote author=scholes0 post=35358897][size=13pt]United Nations' Multi Dimensional Poverty Index[/size]

The United Nations' Global Multi-Dimensional Poverty Index has three dimensions and 10 indicators in estimating Overall Poverty. Each dimension is equally weighted, each indicator within a dimension is also equally weighted, and added. It uses 10 indicators to measure poverty in three dimensions: Education, Health and Living standards. This report was Published in June 2015, and is based on data collected on years between 2004 and 2014.
According to the MPI Report, as at 2010, 46% of Nigerians lived below the national poverty line (Only 28% in Urban areas, and near 70% in The rural). Although a Report by the World bank, released in 2014, showed that only 33% of Nigerians could be considered Poor.

Now, to the Report........
States by Incidence of Poverty

[size=15pt] STATES<-->POVERTY RATE
1. Lagos --------- 8.5%
2. Osun --------- 10.9%
3. Anambra --------- 11.2%
4. Ekiti --------- 12.9%
5. Edo --------- 19.2%
6. Imo --------- 19.8%
7. Abia --------- 21.0%
8. Rivers --------- 21.1%
*. FCT (Abj) --------- 23.5%
9. Kwara --------- 23.7%
10. Akwa Ibom --------- 23.8%
11. Delta --------- 25.1%
12. Ogun --------- 26.1%
13. Kogi --------- 26.4%
14. Ondo --------- 27.9%
15. Enugu --------- 28.8%
16. Bayelsa --------- 29.0%
17. Oyo --------- 29.4%
18. Cross River --------- 33.1%
-------------------------------------------------------
** National Avg --------- 46.0%
-------------------------------------------------------
19. Plateau --------- 51.6%
20. Nassarawa --------- 52.4%
21. Ebonyi --------- 56.0%
22. Kaduna --------- 56.5%
23. Adamawa --------- 59.0%
24. Benue --------- 59.2%
25. Niger --------- 61.2%
26. Borno --------- 70.1%
27. Kano --------- 76.4%
28. Gombe --------- 76.9%
29. Taraba --------- 77.7%
30. Katsina --------- 82.2%
31. Sokoto --------- 85.3%
32. Kebbi --------- 86.0%
33. Bauchi --------- 86.6%
34. Jigawa --------- 88.4%
35. Yobe --------- 90.2%
36. Zamfara --------- 91.9%[/size]

REGIONAL AVERAGES
1 = South West - 19.3% Poverty (+ Average)
2 = South South - 25.2% Poverty (+ Average)
3 = South East - 27.36% Poverty (+ Average)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
** National Avg 46.0%% Poverty
----------------------------------------------------------------------

4 = North Central - 45.7% Poverty (+Average)
5 = North East - 76.8% Poverty (- Average)
6 = North West- 80.9% Poverty (- Average) Damn!! shocked

Sources
The Global Multidimensional Poverty Index by the U.N
http://www.dataforall.org/dashboard/ophi/index.php/
Click on Nigeria, and then "Nigeria country briefing, from the dropdown menu".
http://www.ophi.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/Multidimensional-Poverty-Index-2015-2-March-2015.pdf?0a8fd7&13666f

3 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by ConqueredWest: 11:39am On Mar 27, 2017
maasoap:

What do you know about Osun State personally?

I know it is run by a corrupt rascal and her indigenous people aren't into business or industrial activities cool
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by AshiwajuFoward: 11:41am On Mar 27, 2017
mavinc4u:

Okay, good to know you saw that because your comment does not sound like one who saw Anambra on the list at all. But are you not ashamed to see Lagos with 8% despite all the money that has been pumped in, forget the first position even Nigeria capital position is nothing to write about and you are here jubilating? The way most of you reason makes me wonder if anything is left. Do you actually think the list is all about people from that region. This list is all about people that resides there and not people from a specific region.

Lol. Story for the gods. I'm ok as long as Osun is ahead of Anambra (that overhyped shythole) while Ekiti is mileees ahead of your other equally overhyped and erosion-ravaged states. cool

5 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by maasoap(m): 11:42am On Mar 27, 2017
OfficialAwol:
Until now, northerners believed development would be doing the whitemen who own development equipments, a favour.

If most north weren't Islamic, they'd have been better off than what they are now.

Some are still foolish though
Religious fanatics like you are the real problem of this country. Did you ever leave your father's house for once? Because you reasoning ability is archaic.
How are you different from Boko Haram fanatics?

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Guyman02: 11:42am On Mar 27, 2017
masseratti:
Osun should be 30% ,it cant be less than ondo and kwara,impossicant.

Btw how come a state will have 90% poverty rate?

i dont bliv this stats

That Index is from 2014 and not 2016 when the state almost collapsed, but they are bouncing back again
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by masseratti: 11:43am On Mar 27, 2017
Emtol01:
Have you ever lived in Osun, Ondo and Kwara before jumping to conclusion?
yes i have,all sw states,abuja,kano ,kaduna,rivers,delta,edo,anambra and enugu.
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by totit: 11:45am On Mar 27, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Lol. Story for the gods. I'm ok as long as Osun is ahead of Anambra (that overhyped shythole) while Ekiti is mileees ahead of your other equally overhyped and erosion-ravaged states. cool

Another fact, ipoot yoots,how market?
If after providing three different facts, pointing at the same direction,relatively,and you still don't accept the truth? Abeg grin

I weak for una make una go see the doc cheesy

10 Poorest States In Nigeria

Author: According to the National Bureau of Statistics, these 10 states are the poorest in Nigeria with over 70% poverty rate. A survey carried out on the bureau’s website, disclosed that Sokoto remains the poorest state in Nigeria with an 81.2% poverty rate. 1. Sokoto Sokoto has unfriendly climate conditions with temperature going as high as 45C on a normal day. Most parts of the state are rural areas and over eighty percent (80%) of the inhabitants of Sokoto practice one form of agriculture or another. 2. Katsina Katsina is a state in North central Nigeria and has the highest poverty prevalence among all states in the region. 3. Adamawa Formed in 1991 from the extinct Gongola state, Adamawa has of late been terrorized by the Boko Haram terrorists, disrupting its economic development and growth. 4. Gombe Gombe is another North eastern state which suffers sporadic attacks from terrorists. 5. Jigawa Jigawa state is situated in the north-western part of the country. It is mostly populated by the Hausa/Fulani, who are spread throughout the state. It has a 74.1 percent poverty rate. 6. Plateau Plateau state is the twelfth largest state of Nigeria haunted by some terrorist attacks and tribal clashes from time to time, especially clashes between Fulani herdsmen and its inhabitants. 7. Ebonyi Ebonyi is the only south-eastern state among the top 9 poorest country. 8. Bauchi In Hausa the word Bauchi meansthe land of freedom and tourism. However recent Boko Haram adventures in the area, though few, have driven tourists away from the area. 9. Kebbi It is bordered by Sokoto State,Niger State,Dosso Regionin the Republic of Niger and the nation of Benin. The recently concluded Sir Ahmadu Bello International Airport (SABIA), stands out as one of Nigeria's most sophisticated airports and is expected to boost the state’s economy. 10. Zamfara Recently the governor was blasted for the “alarming scope of economic dangers and its potential threat to the economic development of the state,” by the Zamfara Budget Working Group. Niger is the state with the lowest poverty rate which is 33.8%. It was followed by Osun (37.9%) and Ondo (45.7%). Bayelsa (47%) and Lagos (48.6%) have less than 50% poverty rate. The average poverty rate in the Northwest geopolitical zone is 71.4%, which remained the highest in the said area. It is followed by the Northeast region which has 69.1% and the North central region which has 60.7%. Poverty was least dominant in the Southwest (49.8%), South-South (55.5%), and South-East regions (59.5%). Read more:

https://politics.naij.com/401470-see-the-10-poorest-states-in-nigeria.html

6 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by maasoap(m): 11:47am On Mar 27, 2017
ConqueredWest:

I know it is run by a corrupt rascal and her indigenous people aren't into business or industrial activities cool
What are they into then? I'm a graduate, when couldn't get white collar job, I went into the business. I do place orders as far away as Cross River State.
You see my friend, you have a predetermined mindset which can't really help you in life.

3 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 27, 2017
My only question: how did they arrive at these figures

Is it at all possible to collect any meaningful data in Nigeria?
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by mavinc4u(f): 11:49am On Mar 27, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Inferiority complex is your problem and nothing else. You can continue doing what you know how to do best.

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 27, 2017
subtlemee:
Chai! See my Akwa Ibom o,but we try small
ima ima mi afo abammo?
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by AshiwajuFoward: 11:54am On Mar 27, 2017
mavinc4u:

Inferiority complex is your problem and nothing else. You can continue doing what you know how to do best.

Yinmu. Tell that to your Anambla brethren with their overbloated egos, who inspite of being in third place still feel worse than LOSERS just because Osun state edged them out. Fvck all y'all. Ko ni better fun gbogbo yin. cool

5 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by subtlemee(f): 11:54am On Mar 27, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
ima ima mi afo abammo?

Mba ke uyo..afo?
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by ZelibeKristien: 11:57am On Mar 27, 2017
bounty007:

Hide my head in shame for what..

Bleep UN...
No be nigerians conduct the research.. Abi all UN staff don turn oyibo.

Olboy reason properly.. no dey reason mumu reasoning.
That report na ogboju.. any self-service well.

Kiss the truth!

Why are you sad and crying everywhere?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

APC Governors Celebrate At Osun Govt House After Rerun Election. Photos / Olumide Oworu Set To Retire Desmond Elliot From Lagos House Of Assembly See Why / The Name Biafra, Its Origin And Meaning:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.