Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like (32593 Views)

Pastor Ibiyeomie: Ladies Shouldn’t See Their Fiancé’s Manhood Before Marriage / Man's Genotype Changes From SS To AA At Pastor Ibiyeomie's Crusade-Duncan Mighty / Omega Power Ministry Shades Pastor Ibiyeomie (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 02, 2017
Why would elisha call on bears to eat children when they laughed at him and God answered. There are things we cannot be the judge and should let be.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by burkingx(f): 10:54am On Apr 02, 2017
cool
Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by dacovajnr: 10:54am On Apr 02, 2017
60% of Nigerian pastors are fake!...They're not being called but they're only running churches as biz Ventures...Nowadays churches ordain members who donates more to the churches as Pastors and Evangelists undecided undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by Waskolo(m): 10:54am On Apr 02, 2017
ok, seen
Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by slys(m): 10:54am On Apr 02, 2017
zionmade:

Do u think Jesus wanted Judas to perish? If yes is Judas to be blamed for wat he did?
If no den why didnt Jesus convert J.

Like seriously... good question
Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by seemsnice: 10:55am On Apr 02, 2017
ozohtony:
Lying against a man of God in the first place is terrible.
I doubt u checked that before making claims.

Moreover, since he's not acting Christlike, u can act. Abi did he stopped u from acting?

Y are u this hypocrite?
Are the thieves and d ppl that nailed Jesus to the cross Christians before he said Father forgive them? My bros wise up
Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 02, 2017
undecided be careful what you upload on the internet.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by jeromzy(m): 10:56am On Apr 02, 2017
Oh!u expected pastor David Ibiyeomie to give an epic response like"I forgive u"to the false accusations from Kemi?nah..its action speaks louder than words

1 Like

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by profhezekiah: 10:57am On Apr 02, 2017
The man never potrait himself like christian, d claimed pastor is just a church goer
Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by princechurchill(m): 10:57am On Apr 02, 2017
Jesus knew his death was a task to fuffil, and also a prophecy, so kemi tarnishing the image​of the pastor is that also prophecy don't use Jesus death as a case study they have different purpose

1 Like

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by JustCurious: 10:57am On Apr 02, 2017
If GEJ as former President were to toil this path, then a good number of Nigerians should be behind the bar. GEJ and his wife were ridiculed, cursed. He was even tagged the most verbally abused President in the world. Yet, not an eyelid was raised.

Well, life is a learning journey.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by nengibo: 10:58am On Apr 02, 2017
Tenim47:
arsenal vs man city , time
16:00

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by grovec: 11:00am On Apr 02, 2017
from the days of John the Baptist, the kingdom of the Lord suffers violent and the violent take it by force...
you don't lie against the anointed.

ask kemi to plead for forgiveness before asking the man of God to forgive her ...

1 Like

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by subsurface: 11:00am On Apr 02, 2017
Na nor una knw the bible, u guys think the bible can b twisted to support one unbeliever stupidity.

When Suleiman kept quiet same u guys said why didnt he go to court to proof his innocence..

now ibieyomi lawyers have taken his our case to court and the stupid blackmailer jail, then same u foolish guys now wat to be quoting bible to blame the man.... asking for forgiveness..

u think u re smart abi...lazy bloggers

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 02, 2017
ajoskele:
Confusion in christendom.

Who will heal the land?
ITK of many followers. They believe they know the scriptures so right.... as Jesus described them as Hypocrites. The same people will still expect the same pastor to pray for them and God should answer the prayers. If the pastor says God Sealed the arrest, they may contend but if he says God says the will hav have a break through they will shout amen.
The pastor has only exercised his right as citizen. I do not see anything wrong with that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by able20(m): 11:01am On Apr 02, 2017
majekdom2:
Many fail to realise it's not about the Pastor. It's about a woman who has committed a crime and has to face the law. The pastor has forgiven, it's left for the law to take it course.
Correct!, some people want you as a pastor to tolerate and accept every insults and attack on you as a super human .

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by talk2tosep(m): 11:02am On Apr 02, 2017
Am just disappointed in most Nigerian pastors,that would have been our position if apostle Paul or the rest would have fought for themselves in those days...as a Christian not even a pastor have learnt to always leave battle for God to fight and that the greatest battle....

1 Like

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by kerryjossy(f): 11:02am On Apr 02, 2017
Character assassination is a big crime in journalism. Infact it is a punishable offence. Kemi is very good at doing that. I always know that one day she will meet her waterloo. Celebrities has known peace for these few days she's been in there. As for me, whoever got her arrested did the right thing. She is insane!!!

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by nengibo: 11:03am On Apr 02, 2017
JustCurious:
If GEJ as former President were to toil this path, then a good number of Nigerians should be behind the bar. GEJ and his wife were ridiculed, cursed. He was even tagged the most verbally abused President in the world. Yet, not not an eyelid was raised.

Well, life is a learning journey.
Is Goodluck Jonathan David Ibiyeomie? Are they the same people? Did it stop people from insulting him?
Did that make Goodluck a better christian? Your logic eh...its something else

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by donodion(m): 11:03am On Apr 02, 2017
Shame.Naijas and Hypocrisy.

Now quoting Bible without proper understanding of what 'Forgiveness' entails.

It's a process and it goes thus in this order;

Self conviction> Confession>Repentance> Forgiveness.

This is applicable at both physical and Spiritual spheres.

Self conviction- Acknowledge and accept you have erred

Confession- Taking responsibility and owing up to your wrongful deed(s)

Repentance- Readiness to make complete 180 degree turn from the wrong path.

Forgiveness- A decision made wilfully by the wronged person(s) NOT to further proceed with commensurable actions, justifiable and in equal measure against the erring person.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by walls01: 11:04am On Apr 02, 2017
zionmade:
My brother i will comment on ur post
Pastor Ibiyeome did nothing wrong.
Reason being dat: kemi is not a Christian and d bible only says dnt take ur brother to court. Dat means it will be wrong for pst David to do dat if d lady was a Christian.
Remember wat is happening to apostle Suleiman do u know how many souls dat must have been lost because of dat. If Kemi succeeds in diverting d pastor's attention into defending himself even though he did nothing do u know how d matter will excavate and how many souls will be lost?
Sometimes we need to shut d devil's vessel

the brother the Bible is talking about means every body not just Christians. love your neighbour as yourself, neighbour can be a Muslim, Jews etc.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by amSammie(m): 11:05am On Apr 02, 2017
alBHAGDADI:

Your response shows you didn't read my post where I said that he's suppose to save her as a Christian Should, not have her arrested. Christ had the ability to destroy his killers, but he didn't. If pastor Ibiyeomie calls himself a follower of Christ, he ought to have emulated that.
Do you know that amount of souls that were won and are still being won an a result of Christ not retaliating against his persecutors?
If you are looking for Christ, go to Heaven... besides transport na free

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 02, 2017
amSammie:

If you are looking for Christ, go to Heaven... besides transport na free

1 Like

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by JusticeSeeker: 11:07am On Apr 02, 2017
I wonder the kind of spirit this pastor is operating with for "... ye have not so learned Christ" Ephesians 4:20
Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by cytell56: 11:07am On Apr 02, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Luke 9:51-56

51 When the days were approaching for His ascension, He was determined to go to Jerusalem;
52 and He sent messengers on ahead of Him, and they went and entered a village of the Samaritans to make arrangements for Him.
53 But they did not receive Him, because He was traveling toward Jerusalem.
54 When His disciples James and John saw this, they said, “Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them?”
55 But He turned and rebuked them, [and said, “You do not know what kind of spirit you are of;
56 for the Son of Man did not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them.” And they went on to another village.

Did you read the above passage? Do you know why Christ rebuked his disciples when they wanted to command fire from heaven to consume the Samaritans?

Christ said that we Christians are of a different spirit. What do you think he would look like today if he had commanded fire to burn down the same people he came to save?

Since the Kemi Olunloyo and Pastor Ibiyeomie saga became a police affair, I've read several comments from supposed Christians urging the pastor on. When it is made clear to them that a preacher is not to react in the manner Pastor Ibiyeomie did, in that he ought to overlook the matter by forgiving her without taking action, like Christ would, , they shift the goal post to saying that Kemi Olunloyo didn't ask for forgiveness.

Did the people that were killing Jesus ask for forgiveness before he said "Father forgive them for they know not what they do"? Now, tell me, a crime of killing you versus a crime of defaming you, which is more easy to forgive without taking action?

Pastor Ibiyeomie calls himself a Christian i.e like Christ, yet he isn't acting like one. He has enjoyed all the good side of being a Christian. But now that it is time to suffer for Christ, he can't even face the suffer of defamation. What if he had existed in the days of the early apostles when Christians where arrested and fed to lions in gladiator arenas? Those disciple's still prayed for their persecutors.

I don't know whether Kemi Olunloyo deserves whatever she's going through cos we don't know whether she has proof of her claims. One thing i do know is that her punishment shouldn't come from a man who is supposed to preach to her. Having her locked up doesn't prove he's innocent of the allegation.

Some would argue that his silence would have made many people to leave his church. The silence that Jesus and his disciples maintained when they were persecuted is one of the reasons why Christianity is major today. If they had attacked their attackers, Christianity would have been tagged a terrorist religion.

Let's remember how Peter reacted when he cut off the ear of one of those that came to arrest Jesus. Most importantly, let's remember how the man they came to arrest reacted to the situation. He rebuked Peter and went ahead to heal the ear. But Christianity of today is "attack me, I attack you", thanks to the years of prosperity preaching which has turned man away from God and made them love self than others.

You can continue to argue in favour of the pastor, but the Bible will always condemn his actions. God has given you an hint to free you from the shackles of those that have been misleading you. Instead of following it, Christians of today have chosen to stand with the same evil men. Below is what Christ will say..

But He turned and rebuked them, [and said, “You do not know what kind of spirit you are of; Luke 9:55

Do you know why many Christians will accept the mark of the Antichrist? It is because they choose man over God and His Word. It's not too late for you today.

Exodus 22:32
then Moses stood in the gate of the camp and said, “Who is on the LORD’s side? Come to me.”
You are not God to determine if he acted un-christ like, He is not accountable to you and as such you dont have the moral or spiritual justification because he is only answerable to God.

4 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 02, 2017
last35:
When you are about to blast op but you smell something from the kitchen... grin

Omo your age dey show oooo #MaggiAdvert

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by linearity: 11:08am On Apr 02, 2017
zionmade:
My brother i will comment on ur post
Pastor Ibiyeome did nothing wrong.
Reason being dat: kemi is not a Christian and d bible only says dnt take ur brother to court. Dat means it will be wrong for pst David to do dat if d lady was a Christian.
Remember wat is happening to apostle Suleiman do u know how many souls dat must have been lost because of dat. If Kemi succeeds in diverting d pastor's attention into defending himself even though he did nothing do u know how d matter will excavate and how many souls will be lost?
Sometimes we need to shut d devil's vessel

Men, you spoke like someone who is alien to the Christian faith and not grounded in the Bible.

Do you know how many unbelievers blasphemed against Christ? How many did he take to court? The Bible commands us to be Christ-like, Pastors have to be christians first, forgive others their sins, so the Heavenly Father will forgive you your sins, so said the Bible.

Secondly, you are totally wrong that Pastors or Preachers convert souls, we are only admonished to preach the gospel, it is the Holly Spirit that convert souls.

Saul Persecuted Peter and the early Apostles even unto death, non took him to court, none even prayed curse on him, they blessed him and shown him love until God touched Saul.

These Pastors are doing more damages to the Christian faith by these actions. Vegence is mine said God.

Jesus said, he that is without sin, should cast the first stone. We are all sinners, including these Pastors and cannot cast any stone at someone for what they have done.

What happened to turning the other cheek, when you are slapped or forgiving 7x77 times a day, when you are offended.

There is no yardstick in the Bible by which you can measure these and concluded that these Pastos are Christians i.e. Christ-Like period!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 02, 2017
donodion:
Shame.Naijas and Hypocrisy.

Now quoting Bible without proper understanding of what 'Forgiveness' entails.

It's a process and it goes thus in this order;

Self conviction> Confession>Repentance> Forgiveness.

This is applicable at both physical and Spiritual spheres.

Self conviction- Acknowledge and accept you have erred

Confession- Taking responsibility and owing up to your wrongful deed(s)

Repentance- Readiness to make complete 180 degree turn from the wrong path.

Forgiveness- A decision made wilfully by the wronged person(s) NOT to further proceed with commensurable actions, justifiable and in equal measure against the erring person.

Good! It's kemi that ought to go through this process. Has she admited she did wrong? Has she pleaded gulity? This should be the arguement and not about a pastor. I wonder why many are pleading guilty on her behalf. She may reach the court and plead not guilty.what will these hypocrites say then?

1 Like

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by JustCurious: 11:09am On Apr 02, 2017
nengibo:

Is Goodluck Jonathan David Ibiyeomie? Are they the same people? Did it stop people from insulting him?
Did that make Goodluck a better christian? Your logic eh...its something else
No, GEJ isnt David however he acted more Christ-likely.
Okay, how about Pastor Adeboye, wasn't he called out by same person?

As Christians, if Jesus is our reputation then, there should be no time to waste on frivolous ranting from without. Just keep being you.

In this world, we would be persecuted, but be of good cheers ...-The Bible.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by Jonwesley(m): 11:09am On Apr 02, 2017
Gibberish, you just displayed stupidity and hypocrisy by what you posted. The same people who are happy when they pull the name of the man of God down. This is the end time Church and not the old time christians era please. The violent take by force. Note that there's a spirit in man, and the inspiration is the Almighty God.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by oloriooko(m): 11:09am On Apr 02, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Luke 9:51-56

51 When the days were approaching for His ascension, He was determined to go to Jerusalem;
52 and He sent messengers on ahead of Him, and they went and entered a village of the Samaritans to make arrangements for Him.
53 But they did not receive Him, because He was traveling toward Jerusalem.
54 When His disciples James and John saw this, they said, “Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them?”
55 But He turned and rebuked them, [and said, “You do not know what kind of spirit you are of;
56 for the Son of Man did not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them.” And they went on to another village.

Did you read the above passage? Do you know why Christ rebuked his disciples when they wanted to command fire from heaven to consume the Samaritans?

Christ said that we Christians are of a different spirit. What do you think he would look like today if he had commanded fire to burn down the same people he came to save?

Since the Kemi Olunloyo and Pastor Ibiyeomie saga became a police affair, I've read several comments from supposed Christians urging the pastor on. When it is made clear to them that a preacher is not to react in the manner Pastor Ibiyeomie did, in that he ought to overlook the matter by forgiving her without taking action, like Christ would, , they shift the goal post to saying that Kemi Olunloyo didn't ask for forgiveness.

Did the people that were killing Jesus ask for forgiveness before he said "Father forgive them for they know not what they do"? Now, tell me, a crime of killing you versus a crime of defaming you, which is more easy to forgive without taking action?

Pastor Ibiyeomie calls himself a Christian i.e like Christ, yet he isn't acting like one. He has enjoyed all the good side of being a Christian. But now that it is time to suffer for Christ, he can't even face the suffer of defamation. What if he had existed in the days of the early apostles when Christians where arrested and fed to lions in gladiator arenas? Those disciple's still prayed for their persecutors.

I don't know whether Kemi Olunloyo deserves whatever she's going through cos we don't know whether she has proof of her claims. One thing i do know is that her punishment shouldn't come from a man who is supposed to preach to her. Having her locked up doesn't prove he's innocent of the allegation.

Some would argue that his silence would have made many people to leave his church. The silence that Jesus and his disciples maintained when they were persecuted is one of the reasons why Christianity is major today. If they had attacked their attackers, Christianity would have been tagged a terrorist religion.

Let's remember how Peter reacted when he cut off the ear of one of those that came to arrest Jesus. Most importantly, let's remember how the man they came to arrest reacted to the situation. He rebuked Peter and went ahead to heal the ear. But Christianity of today is "attack me, I attack you", thanks to the years of prosperity preaching which has turned man away from God and made them love self than others.

You can continue to argue in favour of the pastor, but the Bible will always condemn his actions. God has given you an hint to free you from the shackles of those that have been misleading you. Instead of following it, Christians of today have chosen to stand with the same evil men. Below is what Christ will say..

But He turned and rebuked them, [and said, “You do not know what kind of spirit you are of; Luke 9:55

Do you know why many Christians will accept the mark of the Antichrist? It is because they choose man over God and His Word. It's not too late for you today.

Exodus 22:32
then Moses stood in the gate of the camp and said, “Who is on the LORD’s side? Come to me.”

OP I commend your painstaken effort to condemn the action of the pastor regarding his actions.
Pls note the following points:
1. Life is spiritual, what you see is the result of spiritual activities and handling a matter spiritually is what forestall it's physical manifestation
The pastor should not be quickly judged since we cannot establish if he had a spiritual instruction to do what he did. If he was not spiritually instructed then he has made a king sized error which will backfire on him and his ministry.
Remember the story of Jesus using whip to send illegal buyers and sellers out of the temple cuz it was turned into den of thieves? This Jesus you talk about was and is a man of the Spirit whose actions are guided by the spirit, who could have thought the gentle Jesus could make a whip and send this people out of the temple?

2. The church is presently under serious attack and the devil is busy throwing anything and everything at the church and it's leaders. Kemi's actions may appear simple but you should see beyond that. Arresting her may not stop it but can slow it down.
I tried digging out what led to her arrest and why? She defamed the pastor and she got arrested and jailed without being tried? That's preposterous!

3. Forgiveness does not mean you are foolish. She does not need to ask for forgiveness before the pastor forgives her and being forgiven does not necessarily deter the culprit facing the consequences of the actions. Whatever you say can be forgiven but your words cannot be retracted and it's effects erased, reason one must be careful how you wag your tongue.

4. If her arrest is unlawful then where are the human right lawyers, they should come to her aid and help out. The pastor should retrace his steps if her incaceration is unlawfully done.

To be continued......

4 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by drsyd: 11:10am On Apr 02, 2017
She deserves whatever she is going through. Even in the Bible, Jesus caused the Fig tree. Let it sound as a warning to all these Anti-Christ who have sworn to distablise the church of God.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Jehovah Sharp Sharp Carries Coffin To Protest Against Buhari (Photo) / Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card / Pastor Tim Omotosho Slammed With 22 Sex Charges, As 18 More Victims Come Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.