Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me (26709 Views)

What's The Best Way You Ever Dealt With A Debtor Who Refused To Pay? / Help ! NIPOST / NIPOST Returned My Missing Packages​..my Nairaland Success Story! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by sirlop(m): 10:11pm On Apr 01, 2017
noblesteve:
Lol Nipost. . that one na postal service? The last time I sent a letter to someone in Calabar, when they later called me that the letter has reached its destination I had already forgotten I even sent a letter to someone
That's terrible
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by sirlop(m): 10:12pm On Apr 01, 2017
BAMMZ:
Can't​ consumer protection Council (CPC) be of help?
Send them your complain.....I don't what they can do but no harm in trying. U have something at stake here.
Thanks. Noted. I will try cpc

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by akigbemaru: 10:14pm On Apr 01, 2017
tensazangetsu20:
Nipost is a very useless company. I remember when I wanted to apply to the university, I used Nipost to send my application forms. The admission list came out and my forms were still in Nipost office. Run away from anything Nigerian. Better safe than sorry.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by sirlop(m): 10:14pm On Apr 01, 2017
Codes151:
Mr man! Wetin carry u go nipost!? Why didn't u use dhl!?
I never knew they were this bad. They promised to deliver the parcel. Till now if u track the parcel, it will show u it arrived Colombo. It has been showing this since 24th of Nov 2016.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Angelovic96: 10:16pm On Apr 01, 2017
sirlop:

I never knew NIPOST was this pathetic. I thought they were a competent national handler.

please is EMS reliable ?
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by obaoyedotun(m): 10:17pm On Apr 01, 2017
Or just write a petition against them, have faith
sirlop:

Yes..i still don't have faith in the Nigerian system. Thanks for your advice.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by stonemasonn: 10:17pm On Apr 01, 2017
I think their complaints commission, I can remember the full name. They can fellow up on your case.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by morikee: 10:18pm On Apr 01, 2017
@OP you have been scammed by the buyer not Nipost the item have been delivered and he filed a chargeback because paypal always favor buyers but still open another dispute with paypal and give them enough proof

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by sirlop(m): 10:20pm On Apr 01, 2017
goldedprince:

those countries you mentioned are efficient countries. nigeria is inefficient .
i think if you follow up properly, they should refund cos its not your fault.
but from what i see, colombo is in sri lanka. so i think everything went well.
the buyer is trying to scam you. dont worry, as long as the tracking shows delivered to his adress, you willl get your money.
i presently have paypal chargebacks of close to 9000 dolls.
i have gotten 2500 already and i know i will get the rest. its a normal scam online.
but if its not delivered to the exact adress he gave you, you might loose the dispute. also, most disputes takes months to resolve.
if you know what you are doing, you wont loose.
btw what paypal do you use cos i know u cant recieve cash with naija paypal
it hasnt been delivered yet. i can assure you it will be delivered to the right adress
I use USA paypal.Ebay ruled in his favour after 30 days and told me the case can't be reopened again.The most annoying thing is that the parcel tracking details has been showing it arrived Colombo since 24th November 2016. NIPOST said they can't help. But they are the ones I transacted with. I am just tired.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by sirlop(m): 10:21pm On Apr 01, 2017
stonemasonn:
I think their complaints commission, I can remember the full name. They can fellow up on your case.
I have spoken with them to no avail
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by sirlop(m): 10:24pm On Apr 01, 2017
morikee:
@OP you have been scammed by the buyer not Nipost the item have been delivered and he filed a chargeback because paypal always favor buyers but still open another dispute with paypal and give them enough proof
I don't have any proof he has received it. The tracking details has been showing it arrived Colombo since 24th November 2016. I have told NIPOST to help me establish an evidence that it has reached the guy, they were not able to do so..How will I convince the PayPal guys with an oral evidence.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by sirlop(m): 10:25pm On Apr 01, 2017
obaoyedotun:
Or just write a petition against them, have faith
Please who do I channel my petition to?
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by sirlop(m): 10:28pm On Apr 01, 2017
yanshDoctor:
how did the item make a u turn from India to Colombia?
Colombo is in Sri Lanka and parcels going there enter via India.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by ALAYORMII: 10:29pm On Apr 01, 2017
sirlop:
Please mods move this to Front page..

I have been buying stuffs on eBay since 2012. The first time I decided to sell was last year. I posted my 64gb iPhone 6 on eBay. I actually posted it as auction and the highest bidder bought it @ 420 USD.The buyer happened to come from Sri Lanka.

I was asked to ship the phone to Sri Lanka after the money entered my PayPal account. I used NIPOST first class mail to ship the phone Sri Lanka on the 14th of November 2016 and I was provided with a tracking number of which I gave to the buyer.After some weeks, my money became available.

I posted another Iphone 6. I was surprised when the buyer from Sri Lanka opened a dispute claiming he hasn't received the device. I tried but the tracking details showed its in Colombo.

The buyer escalated the case and they refunded him and debited my account. I went to NIPOST and they told me its not their fault that the iPhone had left the shores of Nigeria. They later agreed to send a mail on my behalf of which they did.

They even copied me and since then I haven't gotten any reply from both parties. Anytime I meet them, they sound so non chalant.

Please who has experienced such before? If I don't meet NIPOST, who else do I meet cos they were the ones that sent my parcel.

Please what do I do? They have my money as well as my IPhone. I am tired of calling them. Your suggestions here will be highly appreciated.

I attached screen shots of tracking numbers here.

Something similar happened to Mii

Since last year till now that I sent the package to London

The package got lost just like that

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by adecamp(m): 10:29pm On Apr 01, 2017
No time for regrets sir. Next time just sell to someone you can collect physical cash from, even at the so called rubbish amount. I personally will NEVER try to order something that will make me pay before delivery, no matter how legit or trustworthy the deal and the person looks.If I have someone I know who resides in the so country, I can send cash to him, he cross checks and sends to me in Nigeria.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Zdoh(m): 10:30pm On Apr 01, 2017
twosquare:
can you explain the bolded more for me, and advantages?
Friend and family or gift mean the funds is freewill fron the buyer.Paypal will believe you willingly and comfortable when you send your money as friend and or gift.Any paypal payment that was sent that way is always free of chargeback or diffficult to chargeback,though some desperate people(buyers) manipulate that but it will be difficult for them once it sent as gift.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by oribi(m): 10:31pm On Apr 01, 2017
sirlop:

No. Their charges are cheaper...i just decided to give them a try. I thought they will be as efficient as China Post, Hong Kong post, Netherlands post etc. Cos they fall under the same category.most items I buy on Aliexpress come in via China Post and Hongkong post.

They are all the same registered mail only difference is i don't know if nipost provide mail insurance(which increase the rate of charge)
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by twosquare(m): 10:31pm On Apr 01, 2017
Zdoh:
Friend and family or gift mean the funds is freewill fron the buyer.Paypal will believe you willingly and comfortable when you send your money as friend and or gift.Any paypal payment that was sent that way is always free of chargeback or diffficult to chargeback,though some desperate people(buyers) manipulate that but it will be difficult for them once it sent as gift.
Hmmnn..thanks for the explanation.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Zdoh(m): 10:32pm On Apr 01, 2017
Codes151:
true!! We gotta be careful with this guys!! Some of them even use fake addresses and shit! I have a strong feeling that dude received that phone
That dude recieved the phone and he is chilling with it.Fraudster are all over the world,just that rates are diff.There are more to paypal than way some folks handle it..

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by linearity: 10:33pm On Apr 01, 2017
You went wrong on many fronts...

1. Your using NIPOST.
2. Using first class.
3. Posting something of value without insurance.

First class mails are not guaranteed, also once they leave the shores of Nigeria, there is nothing NIPOST can do.

You would have used DHL, FedEx or UPS or us EMS with insurance.

As it is now, you are at the mercies of luck, that somehow the package gets to its destination.

Even at that, you are not yet out of the woods, the buyers have to be honest about receiving it. Once a Paypal case is closed is near impossible to reopen it, even if the item was eventually delivered.

Learn from this and be guided next time, ask buyers to pay for premium shipping cost and also insurance.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by oribi(m): 10:34pm On Apr 01, 2017
tensazangetsu20:
Nipost is a very useless company. I remember when I wanted to apply to the university, I used Nipost to send my application forms. The admission list came out and my forms were still in Nipost office. Run away from anything Nigerian. Better safe than sorry.

Nipost has improved greatly u should have used a registered parcel or EMS to send such sensitive document
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by sirlop(m): 10:34pm On Apr 01, 2017
oribi:

They are all the same registered mail only difference is i don't know if nipost provide mail insurance(which increase the rate of charge)

I doubt
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by sirlop(m): 10:35pm On Apr 01, 2017
oribi:

Nipost has improved greatly u should have used a registered parcel or EMS to send such sensitive document
Can't you see the tracking number? I used NIPOST first-class registered mail.. It's also similar to EMS.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by hotspec(m): 10:35pm On Apr 01, 2017
sirlop, i.want to advice.dt.u.write.a.letter.to.Consumer Protection Agency and SERVICOM with all ur evidence, Write to all major newspapers online and printed. Go to.Twitter and copy every handles. Create an handle urself like #NipostReturnMyIPhone etc. Do something unusual and im.sure ull get a redress.
Nothing made them mad like u.spoiling and exposing their dirty deals.

Who knows maybe they changed ur Iphone.with 3310 and redirect it to no man's land, while one Oga has dashed his bae ur IPhone?
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 01, 2017
NIPOST ARE ONLY GUD FOR ONE THING:

RECEIVING PACKAGES, anything else they do is crap, but i most commend them on reception, they bring all of my packages directly to my address. I haven't lost anything even once. JUST DONT ASK THEM TO SEND ANYTHING OUTSIDE 9JA FOR YOU.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Sammig1(m): 10:36pm On Apr 01, 2017
And why did you not use DHL, the worldwide leader in logistics? It is Better to use reliable logistics company than a cheaper one especially as PayPal is involved. DHL would have delivered promptly and you get your funds intact. Next time open a business account with DHL for cheaper freight cost and credit facilities. please use DHL. If you need assistance on how to go about it, do let me know.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by sirlop(m): 10:37pm On Apr 01, 2017
linearity:
You went wrong on many fronts...

1. Your using NIPOST.
2. Using first class.
3. Posting something of value without insurance.

First class mails are not guaranteed, also once they leave the shores of Nigeria, there is nothing NIPOST can do.

You would have used DHL, FedEx or UPS or us EMS with insurance.

As it is now, you are at the mercies of luck, that somehow the package gets to its destination.

Even at that, you are not yet out of the woods, the buyers have to be honest about receiving it. Once a Paypal case is closed is near impossible to reopen it, even if the item was eventually delivered.

Learn from this and be guided next time, ask buyers to pay for premium shipping cost and also insurance.
Noted. But I buy parcels like this and they ship to me using China post/Hongkong post. Y is that of NIPOST different?
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by oribi(m): 10:38pm On Apr 01, 2017
Benita27:
The guys at NIPOST are criminals. I could remember vividly when the dollar hasn't appreciated so much, I was buying stuffs from Aliexpress and I do receive from Hong-Kong post or China post within 2weeks but whenever I go to collect my items at NIPOST, they charge me exorbitant fees even after clearing my shipping fees online. At times almost close to the items I bought. grin

that is because u don't know..u don't pay for any item below 500grams and once u state that they know your enlightened about the postal system
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Zdoh(m): 10:38pm On Apr 01, 2017
ALAYORMII:

Something similar happened to Mii

Since last year till now that I sent the package to London

The package got lost just like that
What type of package and how many kilo?
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by sirlop(m): 10:38pm On Apr 01, 2017
Sammig1:
And why did you not use DHL, the worldwide leader in logistics? It is Better to use reliable logistics company than a cheaper one especially as PayPal is involved. DHL would have delivered promptly and you get your funds intact. Next time open a business account with DHL for cheaper freight cost and credit facilities. please use DHL. If you need assistance on how to go about it, do let me know.
Please I do..chat me up:08068205701
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by oribi(m): 10:39pm On Apr 01, 2017
sirlop:

Can't you see the tracking number? I used NIPOST first-class registered mail.. It's also similar to EMS.

were u tracking it?and if you could not did u file a report to nipost?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Federal Government Accuses Ghana, Others Of Lobbying Companies To Leave Nigeria / 6 Types Of People You Meet In Nigerian Banks / Zenith Bank Overtakes First Bank As The Largest Bank In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.