Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me (26704 Views)

What's The Best Way You Ever Dealt With A Debtor Who Refused To Pay? / Help ! NIPOST / NIPOST Returned My Missing Packages​..my Nairaland Success Story! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by akoff123: 5:32am On Apr 02, 2017
Had a recent similar experience where I bought stuff from the US and had to travel before it arrived. My cousin in the US received the stuff in my stead and asked for an address to send it to in naija which I gave him thinking he would use DHL only for him to tell me he sent it through regular post. I have waited since December for the items to arrive and to date, nada! I've accepted my loss though deep down, I still pay that God will touch somebody's heart to bring my items even if it takes forever...what can we do in a lawless society as ours? My brother, it is well with Nigeria!
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by stamapro(m): 5:43am On Apr 02, 2017
RealDannie:
They'll start sounding like bankers..."We re working on it" grin
exactly, wat am facing now 4 almost 3weeks now
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by remedick: 5:46am On Apr 02, 2017
Zdoh:
You are just ignorance of one small thing,what if i tell that,the buyer lied to you?There is one thing about paypal which is chargedback,it always and will always favour buyer no matter what.I am not defending NIPOST but the truth has to be told.The recieved that phone and at the same time file a chargeback.He just robbed you off,next time any buyer that can not send his/her paypal payment as friend and family or gift,kindly refund them because it will later bounce back on you.

The tracking shows Colombo, buyer is in Sri Lanka
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by dhappyking(m): 6:13am On Apr 02, 2017
I think the least you can do is write an official protest letter to the Area Post Master or who ever is in charge and copy send a copy to Consumer Protection council. Demand for proof of delivery to prove if the address you gave is one and same they delivered to. Otherwise, the phone should be returned.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by godquality: 6:23am On Apr 02, 2017
Are the things you sent through Nipost not covered by insurance? I won't ship any product is there's no insurance coverage on it.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Xtfield(m): 6:26am On Apr 02, 2017
Sue them. Simple
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by NoToPile: 6:35am On Apr 02, 2017
Everybody is quick to blame NIPOST, Nigerians sef, the stuff arrived Colombo in sri Lanka now, they forwarded it and it got to their country, its the fault of the srilankan postal agency.

In real sense there's really nothing nipost can do because they had forwarded it to the country's postal agency (except they should be able to confirm if that guy has picked it up) Its in the hands of srilankan postal agency now,

People use NIpost too now and they deliver, though not at the speed of the private agencies but they deliver. Received an item similar to that and it was sent by the countries postal agency and we received via Ni post.

There is a possibility that that dude has collected the stuff, how are we even sure that its not like here in naija that sometimes you go to the post office and collect your package, what if he had collected it.

It may be a scam

remedick:

The tracking shows Colombo, buyer is in Sri Lanka

Bros colombo is in srilanka
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by MartinBond(m): 6:38am On Apr 02, 2017
Can't you sue them ??
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by hisgrace090: 6:39am On Apr 02, 2017
So una retain una bad side till date nipost?
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by olayinkajnr(m): 6:39am On Apr 02, 2017
Sorry about that OP, I can understand what you went through. But next time you wanna ship something out, use GIG LOGISTICS. They ship anywhere in the world.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by blym4real: 6:53am On Apr 02, 2017
sirlop:

I don't have any proof he has received it. The tracking details has been showing it arrived Colombo since 24th November 2016. I have told NIPOST to help me establish an evidence that it has reached the guy, they were not able to do so..How will I convince the PayPal guys with an oral evidence.
you have been scammed, the fault is from the Sri Lanka post not nipost, the buyer has received the item but the Sri Lanka post didn't update it online.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by stpat1(m): 6:53am On Apr 02, 2017
Why would any biz person use NIPOST for his biz.

Sorry for your loss
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by northvietnam(m): 7:16am On Apr 02, 2017
Benita27:
The guys at NIPOST are criminals. I could remember vividly when the dollar hasn't appreciated so much, I was buying stuffs from Aliexpress and I do receive from Hong-Kong post or China post within 2weeks but whenever I go to collect my items at NIPOST, they charge me exorbitant fees even after clearing my shipping fees online. At times almost close to the items I bought. grin

Good morning.. I sent you DM...

Please reply, strictly on Business
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Origin(f): 7:23am On Apr 02, 2017
Someone will claim gallantly " I was the head of NIPOST". Just collect salary and does not even know what goes on in the organization.

Every company must have a public website where their services can be reviewed and complaints resolved.

I've had issues with them and they can be so nonchalant. Nigerians just too de fear the legal system else you will sue their ass for damages to reputation and loss of revenue.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by godclimax: 7:35am On Apr 02, 2017
From the tracking info and from my experience, the item didnt pass india customs and could not proceed to sri lanka. when this happens, it means they have returned it. indian custom is either mean or wicked with anything dat has to do with nigeria and i mean it. i get items from india. the sender told me they have to.be extremely skillful with labelling for it to pass to Nigeria. The problem now is how serious or respected NIPOST is in international postal rules and logistics to get back a parcel rejected by customs of another country and have it return to the sender. by right u can sue, but then i dont know how d law will ensure u dont lose money in d process considering the value of the item.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by musachara: 7:36am On Apr 02, 2017
Hello Friend, my attention was drawn to your ordeal because I have done a lot of transactions with ebay and i have suffered a few losses also. I would like to stress it out to you that NIPOST isn't the problem here, they can only help you as best as they can which is the mail they sent. Know that ones the said items have left the shores of the country NIPOST only have litle or no control over it.
Your item has to follow different countries with different regulations and customs, and how sure are you that the guy buying isnt a fraudster.
The problem with PayPal is their buyer protection, that is why quite a number of sites don't use PayPal as a payment platform. PayPal will not investigate, ones a complaint is maid they simply refund the buyer. I will give you a small experience i had
I purchased a CD {Simulation}, from UK through ebay, after waiting for about a month i didn't receive it, so i contacted the seller whom honestly confirmed he shipped it but was very willing to give me a refund if i haven't recieve it, but i told him i prefer him sending it again which I have not received till date, more than six months. But I just let it go because I know either someone misplaced it or it got missing.
My point now is online trading involves high risk and those involved knows it, i have a lot of stuffs i would like to sell on ebay but am skeptical. So, its either your item is trapped somewhere or the dude is with it.
What to do: NIPOST might not help you more than this, so carryout a personal investigation. Like you can look out for a customer complaint contact to the custom or postal service of the last country you tracked it to and from there God help you you will know where your phone is. Good luck.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by scobyy2007: 7:36am On Apr 02, 2017
How can you send such an expensive phone via NIPOST!!! I can't imagine doing that at all.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Skubidude(m): 7:38am On Apr 02, 2017
Nipost ke that's a no no esp for serious biz transaction such as dis, wat happen to using a more reliable agencies like our good old DHL or Fedex? Anyway d did has been done i will advise you approach CPC (Consumer Protection Council) and lay ur complain, they would sure luk into it and u will get redress. Google their website to locate their office in your area, they hav offices in all the 36 States including Abuja. You are sure gonna get redress at d end of d day. Goodluck!
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by seangy4konji: 7:43am On Apr 02, 2017
I saw your label around mushin.

Olateju street to be precise while buyin boli and rap the other day. I still v d paper.

How can I send it to you

Pa. If you can pay for the service of ayilala then I can help you lovey that package and retrn it. Either wrapped or unwrapped.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by musachara: 7:50am On Apr 02, 2017
godclimax:
From the tracking info and from my experience, the item didnt pass india customs and could not proceed to sri lanka. when this happens, it means they have returned it. indian custom is either mean or wicked with anything dat has to do with nigeria and i mean it. i get items from india. the sender told me they have to.be extremely skillful with labelling for it to pass to Nigeria. The problem now is how serious or respected NIPOST is in international postal rules and logistics to get back a parcel rejected by customs of another country and have it return to the sender. by right u can sue, but then i dont know how d law will ensure u dont lose money in d process considering the value of the item.
I think its the responsibility of India to return it back to country of origin as rejected, but then if it involves some cost and they would be reluctant. Trust me, NIPOST are one of a few honest gov't agencies in the country. I have done countless transactions with them, do you know they go extramiles and use their Airtime atimes to call you and they also pay custom duty on your behalf if you ship through them. Their major challenges are, poor addressing by customers and returns. If they are unable to deliver your item after a period of time and nobody comes to claim it they return it and bare the cost. Now let me schock you, Do you know how difficult it is for a third party to receive an item on your behalf in NIPOST ? It is easier for a third party to withdraw money for you in the bank than deal with NIPOST, a control measure put in place to reduce missing items. My wife had a challenging experience with collecting on my behalf and vice versa.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Laredojohn(m): 7:57am On Apr 02, 2017
Hmm Nipost and their ishh we all know that...but with what you drop ere, your item was actually shipped, it left the shores of Nigeria, went as far as Colombo, and no further tracking, how is this Nipost's fault and it's clear in most cases ebay buyer is of a higher percentage going to protect the buyer even if the buyer picks up the item @their post office there instead of waiting for a delivery attempt...your channels of post is the issue, u underestimated the importance of insurance, which am sure next time any shipping outside our shores without insurance you wouldn't do...we all have stories to tell about Nipost, but mine was always charges on delivered package when I started business newly, b4 I opted to all goods from USA and China all coming thru USA via cargo agents...sorry bro, take heed next time
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by felixawe(m): 8:02am On Apr 02, 2017
Is like u don't need your money . U are loosing two things which is ridiculously dangerous. Get a lawyer who's sound in commercial law & proceed to litigation . Nigeria need Iron hand .
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by felixawe(m): 8:05am On Apr 02, 2017
Skubidude:
Nipost ke that's a no no esp for serious biz transaction such as dis, wat happen to using a more reliable agencies like our good old DHL or Fedex? Anyway d did has been done i will advise you approach CPC (Consumer Protection Council) and lay ur complain, they would sure luk into it and u will get redress. Google their website to locate their office in your area, they hav offices in all the 36 States including Abuja. You are sure gonna get redress at d end of d day. Goodluck!
Good advise, he has to. He need a lawsuit against nipost
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by tomycole: 8:08am On Apr 02, 2017
From the info u gave this is not d fault of Nipost,contact India postal service they will give you details on it. Also remember that registered item can never get missing all you have to do is to raise an inquiry about it and you get it back. It may take time but surly you get it back. Don't let use condem Nipost easily.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by ogododo: 8:21am On Apr 02, 2017
sirlop:
Please mods move this to Front page..

I have been buying stuffs on eBay since 2012. The first time I decided to sell was last year. I posted my 64gb iPhone 6 on eBay. I actually posted it as auction and the highest bidder bought it @ 420 USD.The buyer happened to come from Sri Lanka.

I was asked to ship the phone to Sri Lanka after the money entered my PayPal account. I used NIPOST first class mail to ship the phone Sri Lanka on the 14th of November 2016 and I was provided with a tracking number of which I gave to the buyer.After some weeks, my money became available.

I posted another Iphone 6. I was surprised when the buyer from Sri Lanka opened a dispute claiming he hasn't received the device. I tried but the tracking details showed its in Colombo.

The buyer escalated the case and they refunded him and debited my account. I went to NIPOST and they told me its not their fault that the iPhone had left the shores of Nigeria. They later agreed to send a mail on my behalf of which they did.

They even copied me and since then I haven't gotten any reply from both parties. Anytime I meet them, they sound so non chalant.

Please who has experienced such before? If I don't meet NIPOST, who else do I meet cos they were the ones that sent my parcel.

Please what do I do? They have my money as well as my IPhone. I am tired of calling them. Your suggestions here will be highly appreciated.

I attached screen shots of tracking numbers here.

Please go and get a lawyer and sue NIPOST; it is a case of bridge of agreement. Since there are evidences NIPOST collected the item to be delivered and you fulfilled your obligations by paying them to do so. Please get a lawyer fast. Have a wonderful Sunday
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 02, 2017
northvietnam:

Good morning.. I sent you DM...

Please reply, strictly on Business
Sorry, I don't take random pms. May I know what you want?, this is a business thread.

Happy Sunday.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 02, 2017
tensazangetsu20:
Nipost is a very useless company. I remember when I wanted to apply to the university, I used Nipost to send my application forms. The admission list came out and my forms were still in Nipost office. Run away from anything Nigerian. Better safe than sorry.
shocked

shocked
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by maasoap(m): 8:33am On Apr 02, 2017
Montaque:
Nigeria will truly achieve its full potentials when assets like Nipost, Nta and NRC are privatised. Nigeria Government has no business doing business
Fixed. Because we have other country's governments doing business effectively and efficiently.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by remedick: 8:34am On Apr 02, 2017
NoToPile:
Everybody is quick to blame NIPOST, Nigerians sef, the stuff arrived Colombo in sri Lanka now, they forwarded it and it got to their country, its the fault of the srilankan postal agency.

In real sense there's really nothing nipost can do because they had forwarded it to the country's postal agency (except they should be able to confirm if that guy has picked it up) Its in the hands of srilankan postal agency now,

People use NIpost too now and they deliver, though not at the speed of the private agencies but they deliver. Received an item similar to that and it was sent by the countries postal agency and we received via Ni post.

There is a possibility that that dude has collected the stuff, how are we even sure that its not like here in naija that sometimes you go to the post office and collect your package, what if he had collected it.

It may be a scam

Bros colombo is in srilanka
oh... then the buyer scammed op
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by dannywil03: 8:44am On Apr 02, 2017
My experience with them as well sometimes in 2016.
When ever I ship goods from from china they will tell me to pay money at their office.. I was told they change your mind heir policy.
Is it true? Is that happening at their other offices ad well?
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by ogododo: 8:59am On Apr 02, 2017
optimised:
In this instance NIPOST is innocent.
Under Universal Postal Union guidelines, NIPOST is only expected to hand over the package to the count part agency of the destination country. That they have done.
Kindly follow the advice of contacting the Postal Agency of Sri Lanka as the sender of the mail. Registered Mail can be always tracked.
Request for Proof of Delivery to be issued to you. Notice that they have Delivery Confirmation as a definite service here : http://www.slpost.gov.lk/services/
Their contact:-

http://www.slpost.gov.lk/contact-us/
I hope you will have a good response.

Call their embassy too for advice. They may be of help. You may obtain an introduction letter or document from where you posted to introduce you and present your receipt or postage certificate when writing or emailing them to buttress your claim.
After obtaining proof of delivery, call PayPal.

I wish you God Speed.

That is why he needs a lawyer; sue NIPOST, then NIPOST will trace other links to the delivery

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Federal Government Accuses Ghana, Others Of Lobbying Companies To Leave Nigeria / 6 Types Of People You Meet In Nigerian Banks / Zenith Bank Overtakes First Bank As The Largest Bank In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.