Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,330 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me (26703 Views)

What's The Best Way You Ever Dealt With A Debtor Who Refused To Pay? / Help ! NIPOST / NIPOST Returned My Missing Packages​..my Nairaland Success Story! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by OurAjibola(m): 9:31am On Apr 02, 2017
If the parcel was indeed sent to the wrong country, it would still reach Sri Lanka, try to liaise with the buyer, some parcels are transhipped ( it will move from one country to another until it gets to the right destination ), some parcels are transhipped due to maybe there is no direct flight available.
All this foreign agency won't really help, though, try contacting them and as well put pressure on Nipost but your major concern should be how the buyer would refund you because the the buyer would surely receive the parcel.

There was a time I was expecting 2 packages from china, one was sent directly to Nigeria and the other went to Belarus, the sender and I contacted Singapore post( the carrier ), and Belarus post, they were all saying rubbish and not helping despite providing many details, the parcel left Belarus and then went to Italy again after using more than a month in belarus, it later came to Nigeria after it went to Italy. See the trend China to Belarus to Italy to Nigeria and every time I check each country distances to Nigeria, the parcel always seems to get closer.

The parcel will surely reach the buyer, its not Nipost fault, some parcel are not sent directly to the recipient country
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by northvietnam(m): 9:36am On Apr 02, 2017
Benita27:
Sorry, I don't take random pms. May I know what you want?, this is a business thread.

Happy Sunday.

just need to get few things online, and I don't know how to go about that...

can u help me with these meds with any online store.. never done online shopping before..

Heptovite and solace..

the guy supplying it does not meet up with demand.. he always Complain of delays in supplies

I opened thread about the supplies of the medicine here on Nland but no replies
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by northvietnam(m): 9:39am On Apr 02, 2017
from my findings, he gets the meds online
and it's an India... company that produce them
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by debokaz(m): 9:41am On Apr 02, 2017
Obviously the Sri Lankan guy just scammed you.From the tracking list you posted the iphone got there.Though Nipost is not so efficient but that is not the case here.If truly the guy did not get it then it shd be a problem with their postal system.No be only Nigerians be scammers o.Those Asian rats na thief
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by sirlop(m): 9:59am On Apr 02, 2017
mavinc4u:

you are really reporting late on this issue. you can contact sri lanka post on http://www.slpost.gov.lk/ that package left their office of exchange and was probably delivered to the buyer. contact them to see if they can get more details from their internal tracking.
I just did. They are yet to reply me. The bad thing is that the tracking details has been showing it arrived Colombo since 24th November. The tracking status hasn't changed since then.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by sirlop(m): 10:02am On Apr 02, 2017
jiinxed:

The one at amajieke? When next you go there, ask for eze. That's all I can do for now. You helped me one time like that. Do you still have a shop at Mbaise road?
Wish you all the best, I know how frustrating these issues can be.
Eze has left there. Thanks for ur concern. I will go there again. Yes. I still have a shop there. Pls I can't remember u again. Pls remind me.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 02, 2017
northvietnam:

just need to get few things online, and I don't know how to go about that...

can u help me with these meds with any online store.. never done online shopping before..

Heptovite and solace..

the guy supplying it does not meet up with demand.. he always Complain of delays in supplies

I opened thread about the supplies of the medicine here on Nland but no replies
I just checked up the two drugs online. Can't take up supplies 'cause I have my doubts, since you know their names. Google search for online stores, search for these drugs and if you find any, create an account with the store. All you need do is to buy with your mastercard.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by sirlop(m): 10:05am On Apr 02, 2017
Turbocharged:

I think the buyer played you a fast one. The goods you sent to him has reached Colombo, which is a city in Sri Lanka. Now he has ripped u of the money, he will still go and collect the phone.
My thoughts too
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by sirlop(m): 10:07am On Apr 02, 2017
richie9093:

Bruh, I don't know if this suggestion is too late. If it isn't, try reaching out to Dr. Joe Abah on Twitter. he is the director-general of Bureau of Public Reforms. He is very active on twitter too.

I really don't know if Nipost falls under his jurisdiction but there really isn't harm in trying to reach out to him.

His Twitter handle is: @drjoeabah.

Pls, bruh, try to forward your complaints to him. Especially the customer care woman's part. Let us try to reform our public agencies so there'll be reliable. Don't let us just keep quiet when they do us wrong. Let us hold them accountable for their actions and inactions. This is the only way we can move forward in this country.

I read somebody up there saying Nipost also did something similar to him but he just gave up after writing them letters and emails. No! that is wrong.

Pls, bruh, I'm begging you to take this matter up. Try reaching out to Dr. Joe Abah on Twitter. Try to persuade him, even if Nipost doesn't fall under his jurisdiction, he should have some leeway about it.

Have a nice day.

Thank you very much. I will do as you said
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by sirlop(m): 10:21am On Apr 02, 2017
[quote author=Bre post=55179711]

How sure are you that this buyer isn't lying about not receiving the phone? eBay needs to investigate the matter as you have proof that you shipped it. Next time, send shipments that require a signature from the receiver. That way, there is abolutely no way they can lie about not receiving a shipment. Ndo, this sounds so frustrating undecided[/quote
EBay ruled in his favour cos the tracking is defective. It's been showing is in Colombo since 24th November 2016. They gave me 30days to proof to them the buyer had received the iPhone. I went to NIPOST and told them to get a concrete evidence to show the guys at EBay. They couldn't. EBay later closed the case and refunded the buyer automatically . They even said the case can't be reopened again.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by sirlop(m): 10:24am On Apr 02, 2017
miqos02:
if the item was successfully delivered, tracking will show it
But this tracking is defective. It has been showing its in Colombo since 24th November and the status hasn't changed.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by sirlop(m): 10:31am On Apr 02, 2017
Cyberknight:

In this case, I think that the problem is actually with the Sri Lankan Postal Service, because NIPOST apparently did deliver the item to them for onward delivery to the buyer. As someone has pointed out, on successful handover of an item to the local postal service, NIPOST has indeed done its job, as they are not responsible for actual delivery. But I think under UPU rules, they have to demonstrate that to you, not so sure. I actually think that the Sri Lankan chap has scammed you with the chargeback nonsense, I'm aware of how PayPal operates, and if you notice, many people on there don't ship to several countries because they feel the postal services there cannot provide reliable proof of delivery. In cases like these, if the buyer denies having received an item and you are asked to refund, then NIPOST should get proof of delivery from the local postal service for you to commence a legal action, but with two hopelessly corrupt countries like Nigeria and Sri Lanka involved, my advice to you would be to kiss that 420 USD goodbye and chalk the loss down to learning through painful experience.

It is usually difficult to get anything out of NIPOST when it comes to good service. Quite frankly my advice to you would be to cease sending stuff through them, because even when they do work well, they CANNOT provide you with good customer service.

I've had the same problem with NIPOST as you did - but in reverse. I used to buy a lot of stuff off eBay, which would then be shipped to me by surface post until last year August, when they simply started stealing my items, so I had to stop. I was indeed thinking of filing complaints with the headquarters in Abuja, for whatever that would be worth, but have the strong feeling it would be pointless.
U are right. The Sri Lanka guys aren't even responding to my mails. As for NIPOST, they aren't even ready to help. I didn't send my stuff via Sri Lanka post, so the guys at NIPOST are the people I transacted with.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by sirlop(m): 10:50am On Apr 02, 2017
olayinkajnr:
Sorry about that OP, I can understand what you went through. But next time you wanna ship something out, use GIG LOGISTICS. They ship anywhere in the world.
OK. Thanks..
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by hustla(m): 10:50am On Apr 02, 2017
Has nothing to do with nipost. He has been scammed by the buyer and even for US postal service, once it has left their care like this, you no fit see your stuff Colect o

That's why it's advisable to always use fedex do u can hold your item if needed
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by sirlop(m): 10:52am On Apr 02, 2017
godclimax:
From the tracking info and from my experience, the item didnt pass india customs and could not proceed to sri lanka. when this happens, it means they have returned it. indian custom is either mean or wicked with anything dat has to do with nigeria and i mean it. i get items from india. the sender told me they have to.be extremely skillful with labelling for it to pass to Nigeria. The problem now is how serious or respected NIPOST is in international postal rules and logistics to get back a parcel rejected by customs of another country and have it return to the sender. by right u can sue, but then i dont know how d law will ensure u dont lose money in d process considering the value of the item.
An iPhone 6 shouldn't be seized. It's not a note 7.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by sirlop(m): 10:54am On Apr 02, 2017
musachara:
Hello Friend, my attention was drawn to your ordeal because I have done a lot of transactions with ebay and i have suffered a few losses also. I would like to stress it out to you that NIPOST isn't the problem here, they can only help you as best as they can which is the mail they sent. Know that ones the said items have left the shores of the country NIPOST only have litle or no control over it.
Your item has to follow different countries with different regulations and customs, and how sure are you that the guy buying isnt a fraudster.
The problem with PayPal is their buyer protection, that is why quite a number of sites don't use PayPal as a payment platform. PayPal will not investigate, ones a complaint is maid they simply refund the buyer. I will give you a small experience i had
I purchased a CD {Simulation}, from UK through ebay, after waiting for about a month i didn't receive it, so i contacted the seller whom honestly confirmed he shipped it but was very willing to give me a refund if i haven't recieve it, but i told him i prefer him sending it again which I have not received till date, more than six months. But I just let it go because I know either someone misplaced it or it got missing.
My point now is online trading involves high risk and those involved knows it, i have a lot of stuffs i would like to sell on ebay but am skeptical. So, its either your item is trapped somewhere or the dude is with it.
What to do: NIPOST might not help you more than this, so carryout a personal investigation. Like you can look out for a customer complaint contact to the custom or postal service of the last country you tracked it to and from there God help you you will know where your phone is. Good luck.
Thanks. I will try my best

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by DMerciful(m): 11:32am On Apr 02, 2017
Was the parcel registered? If yes, sue Nipost. They will pay for damages n stress
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by sirlop(m): 11:46am On Apr 02, 2017
DMerciful:
Was the parcel registered? If yes, sue Nipost. They will pay for damages n stress
Yes.it was registered.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by ndcide(m): 12:42pm On Apr 02, 2017
amiablesystems:
@oP why not EMS? Why NIPOST? There'sno insurance aginst theft i suppose... I've used these guys EMS is cheap and reliable, just pay for insurance n when products get missing, you can use the receipt to file a suit... if yu no pay insurance bros na ur own league u dey o...

I've used EMS but I used to think they are the same, as EMS is usually in NIPOST Locations.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by djgreenland(m): 12:51pm On Apr 02, 2017
ejikeme:
they have done me too.
$420? I have lost more that via NIPOST. No joke. Letters and protest won't get you anywhere. Those guys are kill joy.
Is this Santa Ozonsi?
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 02, 2017
ndcide:

I've used EMS but I used to think they are the same, as EMS is usually in NIPOST Locations.

Nope,i've shipped over 50 times, EMS you can insure your packages if it gets missing straight to headquarters sue them. EMS is like Nipost courier, different modeof operations though same building. I recommend the op goes to NIPOST headquaters since NIPOST has 70% of its services privatised.. He can get out winning this but not without going to the head quaters
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by sirlop(m): 1:58pm On Apr 02, 2017
amiablesystems:

Nope,i've shipped over 50 times, EMS you can insure your packages if it gets missing straight to headquarters sue them. EMS is like Nipost courier, different modeof operations though same building. I recommend the op goes to NIPOST headquaters since NIPOST has 70% of its services privatised.. He can get out winning this but not without going to the head quaters
U mean the NIPOST Hq in Lagos?
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 02, 2017
sirlop:

U mean the NIPOST Hq in Lagos?

Yes...Although it look like a ghost town but head there sir
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by northvietnam(m): 3:46pm On Apr 02, 2017
Benita27:
I just checked up the two drugs online. Can't take up supplies 'cause I have my doubts

please no vex Oooooo.....

I can't get what you mean by the above..

well it's a hepatitis B virus drug
while solace is purely for lever ..

please if you have a site you know.. just give me the link let me follow it up...

thanks for your concern, I appreciate
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by sirlop(m): 3:52pm On Apr 02, 2017
amiablesystems:

Yes...Although it look like a ghost town but head there sir
OK.. Thanks
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 02, 2017
newspostng:
nipost is only good for receiving goods.even items are still lost when they arrive naija in nipost care not to talk of using them to ship abroad. always use dhl fedex tnt and other registered express to send your goods outside the country no matter how expensive shipping cost is.you charge and buyers who need it will pay for it.incase of loss.express mail will be liable and pay for your goods.nipost is like nigeriAn politicians and treasury.once something is gone.it is gone without a trace and you can't old them liable

The TRUTH
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by mavinc4u(f): 4:29pm On Apr 02, 2017
sirlop:

I just did. They are yet to reply me. The bad thing is that the tracking details has been showing it arrived Colombo since 24th November. The tracking status hasn't changed since then.

Yes, because every country has its way of managing package. A registered mail sent to US last 2 years can easily be tracked online but these days they can't be tracked unless your country belong to some body as they said that they consume a lot keeping track record of a registered mail online. However, such mails can be tracked internally by the post office so it is possible is the same issue with Sri Lanka.

There was a time my package was sent to Benin republic and the tracking number stopped working after leaving office of exchange just like yours but when I got to one of their post office in Benin, they were able to give me more tracking details and the exact location of the item. If you send a mail and got no response then call them. Which of the emails did you send the mail to?
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by sirlop(m): 4:34pm On Apr 02, 2017
mavinc4u:

Yes, because every country has its way of managing package. A registered mail sent to US last 2 years can easily be tracked online but these days they can't be tracked unless your country belong to some body as they said that they consume a lot keeping track record of a registered mail online. However, such mails can be tracked internally by the post office so it is possible is the same issue with Sri Lanka.

There was a time my package was sent to Benin republic and the tracking number stopped working after leaving office of exchange just like yours but when I got to one of their post office in Benin, they were able to give me more tracking details and the exact location of the item. If you send a mail and got no response then call them. Which of the emails did you send the mail to?
I emailed NIPOST and Sri Lanka post. NIPOST replied me and later stopped. Sri Lanka post never replied.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 02, 2017
northvietnam:

please no vex Oooooo.....

I can't get what you mean by the above..

well it's a hepatitis B virus drug
while solace is purely for lever ..

please if you have a site you know.. just give me the link let me follow it up...

thanks for your concern, I appreciate
I'll check on few sites I know, then notify you.
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by mavinc4u(f): 4:43pm On Apr 02, 2017
sirlop:

I emailed NIPOST and Sri Lanka post. NIPOST replied me and later stopped. Sri Lanka post never replied.

Which email?
Re: Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me by northvietnam(m): 4:50pm On Apr 02, 2017
Benita27:
I'll check on few sites I know, then notify you.

thanks Ma'am...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Using Payoneer Account To Verify Paypal - Be Aware of Latest (Updated) Info / Federal Government Accuses Ghana, Others Of Lobbying Companies To Leave Nigeria / 6 Types Of People You Meet In Nigerian Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.