Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor (17707 Views)

Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger / Another Rochas Okorocha's Flyover In Owerri Begins To Sink - Massmediang / Check Out Ongoing Glass Tunnel And Flyover Projects In Abakaliki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by ycat: 11:15am On Apr 04, 2017
Anambra landmass ko, Anambra the landlock ni. Lagos is bigger than any of your state. The same google that said the earth was flat has changed it and even changed the map of the world. Former corpers that served in your area said every igbo state can be driven round in less than an hour, so forget those politically motivated google stories.

FKO81:

Indomie generation can you use your google

Anambra landmass 4,887 sq km of land mass, is Nigeria’s second smallest state after Lagos state, It also has the second highest population density after Lagos state, With 60% urbanization rate again, second only to Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by FKO81(m): 11:25am On Apr 04, 2017
ycat:
Anambra landmass ko, Anambra the landlock ni. Lagos is bigger than any of your state. The same google that said the earth was flat has changed it and even changed the map of the world. Former coppers that served in your area said every igbo state can be driven round in less than an hour, so forget those politically motivated google stories.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I'm not surprise, southwest was rated as having highest numbers of mental ill patience, so many of them are online and offline.

4 Likes

Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by Goke7: 11:38am On Apr 04, 2017
This thread was suppose to be about a very serious issue going on in ogun state, so sad it was hijacked by those who are still having problem with self esteem. My question to them is what have they achieved now?

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by forgiveness: 12:44pm On Apr 04, 2017
I can Anambra peps wan compare Anambra with Ogun State. grin

No worries. Time will tell. grin

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by AbuEzeFemi(m): 1:14pm On Apr 04, 2017
forgiveness:
I can Anambra peps wan compare Anambra with Ogun State. grin

Serious

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by arinze2015: 1:23pm On Apr 04, 2017
ycat:
Anambra landmass ko, Anambra the landlock ni. Lagos is bigger than any of your state. The same google that said the earth was flat has changed it and even changed the map of the world. Former corpers that served in your area said every igbo state can be driven round in less than an hour, so forget those politically motivated google stories.

have you been there to confirm how true it is or you are just typing out of pain
Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by ycat: 1:26pm On Apr 04, 2017
Everyone knows your people can't tell the truth. You are the people in pain, nairaland is a witness to your excruciating pain that's causing hate to ooze out of your pores.
arinze2015:
have you been there to confirm how true it is or you are just typing out pain
Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by arinze2015: 1:52pm On Apr 04, 2017
[quote author=ycat post=55254535]Everyone knows your people can't tell the truth. You are the people in pain, nairaland is a witness to your excruciating pain that's causing hate to ooze out of your pores.[/quot i dont blame you that is one of attribute of typical yoruba if dont they have anything to say they start talking out of point

but bros my question is have you been there before to confirm what your so called corper testify . answer and get out

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by FKO81(m): 3:25pm On Apr 04, 2017
forgiveness:
I can Anambra peps wan compare Ara with Ogun State. grin

Go and beat Abia and Kano financial records before you think of Anambra, this is CBN report on states financial records, not Lagos/Ibadan media propaganda.

3 Likes

Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by forgiveness: 3:52pm On Apr 04, 2017
FKO81:

Go and beat Abia and Kano financial records before you think of Anambra, this is CBN report on states financial records, not Lagos/Ibadan media propaganda.

Very funny. grin

So, for ya mind Abia financial record is better than Ogun State, ba? grin

Oya, tell me where it is written, Abia, Anambra and co financial records are better than Ogun State? grin

I want it where it is stated categorically. grin

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by FKO81(m): 4:39pm On Apr 04, 2017
forgiveness:

Very funny. grin

So, for ya mind Abia financial record is better than Ogun State, ba? grin

Oya, tell me where it is written, Abia, Anambra and co financial records are better than Ogun State? grin

I want it where it is stated categorically. grin
Go to CBN site and download SWOT analysis on Anambra also check NBS States financial transactions for five years published last year, like I said before, this is not Lagos/Ibadan analysis, this is credible institutions in charge of states records.

This is 2006 SWOT analysis from Cbn website.

2 Likes

Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by FKO81(m): 4:57pm On Apr 04, 2017
2017 SWOT Analysis: Ingredients for the New Start-up State

Wealth creation in the world will continue to be driven by skills and technology. Old money –based on brick and mortar – especially derived from low value-adding activities (rents, primitive accumulation, informal/underground and criminal economy, and wealth from primary commodities) will continue to suffer rapid destruction and replacements. As mega cities emerge; populations moving faster than before, and ICT/ robotics replacing much of human labour, only those who PLAN, and continuously innovate and adapt will survive.

Is Anambra fit for purpose to prosper in the evolving world? Anambra state, with 4,887 sq km of land mass, is Nigeria’s second smallest state (after Lagos state— It also has the second highest population density after Lagos state. With 60% urbanization rate (again, second only to Lagos), Anambra will, over the next 50 years, no doubt become one mega city—with a population approaching 20 million! It is strategically located to become a commercial and industrial hub—with boundaries with the North through Kogi, South-South through Delta and Rivers, and the South East through Abia, Imo and Enugu.

Its latest population estimate is over 5 million (10thmost populous state in Nigeria). It is estimated however that over 50% of Anambra indigenes (perhaps more than another 5 million people) live outside of the state— in other states in Nigeria as well as outside of Nigeria (all constitute the Greater Diaspora), whereas the state attracts a diversity of immigrants from all over Nigeria and the world. Anambra is indeed a home for all. In literally every village, ‘non-indigenes’ are becoming a significant share of population at home— especially those hired as security guards, and Okada drivers. Onitsha, Nnewi, Ekwulobia, Otuocha, Ihiala, Umunze, Awka, etc. have become rapidly urbanized. In 2006, I asked if there were white people living in Anambra as an index of a modernizing state. Today, not only are there several foreigners but Chinese are fast making Anambra a home, with estimated over 400 of them in the state. There are now several institutions in Anambra where Chinese language is taught to thousands of enthusiastic Anambra people.

Anambra’s GDP was estimated at US$13.5 billion as at 2014 or about 3% of Nigeria’s GDP. If Anambra were a country, its GDP would rank about 122 in the world or about 24th in Africa (out of 54 countries). Anambra’s economy is probably 4th among the states – after Lagos, Abuja, and Rivers. Currently the majority of the population are engaged in distributive trade, agriculture, transport and services, real estate and construction, micro, small and medium industries, mining, financial services, and other services (health, education, law, etc.). A friend once joked that an average Anambra person is born with a B.Com (Bachelor’s degree in Commerce) in reference to the famed entrepreneurial acumen of the Anambra people. Onitsha was and perhaps still is, the largest commercial market in West Africa. The natural resources include: natural gas, Crude oil, Bauxite, Kaolin, Salt, Gypsum, Lead, Lignite, Limestone, Iron ore, is arable for Oil palm, Corn, Rice, Yam, Cassava, Tomatoes, cocoyam, etc. Tourism potentials remain untapped. Adult literacy is over 80% and there are five universities (soon up to seven), a polytechnic and two colleges of education in the state.

A noteworthy feature of Anambra state at the moment is that it is a net exporter of capital. A large proportion of its most talented/skilled indigenes live outside of the state, while a larger proportion of invertible capital is deployed outside of the state. Poverty incidence in Anambra used to be the lowest mainly because of remittances by its Diaspora. Access to bank credit is relatively low. For example Anambra has the 4thlargest bank deposit (after Lagos, Abuja, and Rivers) but the size of bank loans granted to businesses in Anambra is a very small proportion of the deposits

5 Likes

Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by forgiveness: 7:16pm On Apr 04, 2017
FKO81:

Go to CBN site and download SWOT analysis on Anambra also check NBS States financial transactions for five years published last year, like I said before this is not Lagos/Ibadan analysis, this is credible institutions in charge of states records.

This is 2006 SWOT analysis from Cbn website.

So, having more bank branches means Anambra is financial vibrant than Ogun State? grin grin
Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by FKO81(m): 8:22pm On Apr 04, 2017
forgiveness:

So, having more bank branches means Anambra is financial vibrant than Ogun State? grin grin

NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS 2010-2015

BANK CREDIT AND DEPOSIT BY STATES IN NIGERIA

according to NBS
Bank credit/deposit in each state may be used as an indicator of the level of activity and well being of operators (households and businesses) in a particular state as it shows what residents are borrowing and the amount deposit in banks

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/report/384

From the report bank deposit by states in Southeast from 2010-2015

Bank deposit in Anambra state #1'844'434.75
Bank Credit # 258'716.37
Balance #1'585'718.38

Bank deposit in Enugu #1'651'741.09
Bank credit #370'012.75
Balance #1'281'728.59

Bank deposit in Imo # 936'606.57
bank credit #218'853.32
balance #717'753.35

Bank deposit in Abia from #1'031'355.42
bank credit #391'675.25
balance 639'580.17

Bank deposit in Ebonyi #330'841.52
bank credit #93'627.5
balance 237'214.02

Southeast total balance from 2010-2015 #4'461'997.51

From the report bank deposit by states in Southwest from 2010-2015
excluding nation commercial center

Bank deposit in Oyo #1'617'678.48
bank credit #598'298.6
balance #1'019'379.88

Bank deposit in Ogun #1'204'873.59
bank credit # 558'073.3
balance # 649'800.29

Bank deposit in Ondo #821'901.84
credit #306'621.05
balance #515'280.79

Bank deposit in Osun #648'726.72
credit #417'073.72

Balance #231'653.05

Bank deposit in Ekiti #301'136.23
credit #123,254.46
balance #177,881.77

South west total balance from 2010-2015 #2'593'995.78

2 Likes

Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by forgiveness: 8:30pm On Apr 04, 2017
FKO81:

NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS 2010-2015

BANK CREDIT AND DEPOSIT BY STATES IN NIGERIA

according to NBS
Bank credit/deposit in each state may be used as an indicator of the level of activity and well being of operators (households and businesses) in a particular state as it shows what residents are borrowing and the amount deposit in banks

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/report/384

From the report bank deposit by states in Southeast from 2010-2015

Bank deposit in Anambra state #1'844'434.75
Bank Credit # 258'716.37
Balance #1'585'718.38

Bank deposit in Enugu #1'651'741.09
Bank credit #370'012.75
Balance #1'281'728.59

Bank deposit in Imo # 936'606.57
bank credit #218'853.32
balance #717'753.35

Bank deposit in Abia from #1'031'355.42
bank credit #391'675.25
balance 639'580.17

Bank deposit in Ebonyi #330'841.52
bank credit #93'627.5
balance 237'214.02

Southeast total balance from 2010-2015 #4'461'997.51

From the report bank deposit by states in Southwest from 2010-2015
excluding nation commercial center

Bank deposit in Oyo #1'617'678.48
bank credit #598'298.6
balance #1'019'379.88

Bank deposit in Ogun #1'204'873.59
bank credit # 558'073.3
balance # 649'800.29

Bank deposit in Ondo #821'901.84
credit #306'621.05
balance #515'280.79

Bank deposit in Osun #648'726.72
credit #417'073.72

Balance #231'653.05

Bank deposit in Ekiti #301'136.23
credit #123,254.46
balance #177,881.77

South west total balance from 2010-2015 #2'593'995.78

Have you heard above e-banking? grin

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by FKO81(m): 8:37pm On Apr 04, 2017
forgiveness:

Have you heard above e-banking? grin
What kind of silly question is this biko nu e-banking has no records in financial institutions in Nigeria I guess Ogun state is leading in e-banking grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by forgiveness: 8:49pm On Apr 04, 2017
FKO81:

What kind of silly question is this biko nu e-banking has no records in financial institutions in Nigeria I guess Ogun state is leading in e-banking grin grin grin

This is not the era of carring bundles of ego in a Ghana most go sack. At a click of a bottom, you can send money. grin

When you do that, will the location be indicated? grin

Besides, Ogun state is very close to Lagos. So, most transcations might likely be evecuted in before delivery. grin

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by FKO81(m): 9:14pm On Apr 04, 2017
forgiveness:

This is not the era of carring bundles of ego in a Ghana most go sack. At a click of a bottom, you can send money. grin

When you do that, will the location be indicated? grin

Besides, Ogun state is very close to Lagos. So, most transactions might likely be evecuted in before delivery. grin
That is why I said Ogun is backward, out side those areas that borders Lagos, others areas are far from 21 century, owners of these industries in Ogun buy land because it's cheap and available unlike Lagos were lands are very expensive, the owners of those industries operate outside Ogun state, they pay their taxes, just like three Anambarians I know that owns industries in Ogun Evans, M&B and Goko cleanser, they leave in Lagos while their industries are in Ogun, that's why state government make more money through taxes while the state record low transactions.

2 Likes

Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by forgiveness: 9:17pm On Apr 04, 2017
FKO81:

That is why I said Ogun is lifeless, out side those areas that borders Lagos, others areas are far from 21 century, owners of these industries in Ogun buy land because it's cheap and available unlike Lagos were lands are very expensive, the owners of those industries operate outside Ogun state, they pay their taxes, just like three Anambarians I know that owns industries in Ogun Evans, M&B and Koko cleanser, they leave in Lagos while their industries are in Ogun, that's why state government make more money through taxes while the state record low transactions.

So, it is lifeless humans that operates the industries in Ogun State, ba? grin

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by arinze2015: 10:14pm On Apr 04, 2017
FKO81:

That is why I said Ogun is backward, out side those areas that borders Lagos, others areas are far from 21 century, owners of these industries in Ogun buy land because it's cheap and available unlike Lagos were lands are very expensive, the owners of those industries operate outside Ogun state, they pay their taxes, just like three Anambarians I know that owns industries in Ogun Evans, M&B and Koko cleanser, they leave in Lagos while their industries are in Ogun, that's why state government make more money through taxes while the state record low transactions.
bro leave that guy when he has nothing to say start asking stupid questio to cover up

a whole state with no city shame on them

3 Likes

Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by forgiveness: 10:19pm On Apr 04, 2017
arinze2015:
bro leave that guy when he has nothing to say start asking stupid questio to cover up

Is there any city in the whole of Anambra? grin
Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by BeautifulMind2: 10:23pm On Apr 04, 2017
forgiveness:

Is there city in the whole Anambra? grin

Give respect to.......

3 Likes

Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by Ndipe(m): 10:43pm On Apr 04, 2017
FlyoruB:
omofunaab you try self to be engaging those villageboys. Hilltop alone makes minse meat of anything in their erosion-ravaged enclave. See correct layout and clean streets plus lush greenry and vegetation. No erosion or red soil. lol. Jealousy lo ma kpa gbogbo won.

Where's that at?
Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by forgiveness: 10:54pm On Apr 04, 2017
BeautifulMind2:

Give respect to.......

Mtcheww! grin
Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by FlyoruB: 11:17pm On Apr 04, 2017
Ndipe:

Where's that at?

Abeokuta.

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 05, 2017
arinze2015:

the owner of Beloxxi group, makers of Cream Crackers biscuit is also from Anambra and his factory is based in Ogun state

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ8YUz-knDU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMD-XmssFig

2 Likes

Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by ycat: 8:21am On Apr 05, 2017
Stop asking me dumb questions. What is my going there going to proof other than what many corper witnesses that gave same accounts?[quote author=arinze2015 post=55255269][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by AbuEzeFemi(m): 6:22pm On Apr 05, 2017
more abandoned Projects in Ogun pics loading .. ....
Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by arinze2015: 7:40pm On Apr 05, 2017
ycat:
Stop asking me dumb questions. What is my going there going to proof other than what many corper witnesses that gave same accounts?
get an evidence before you argue
Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by AbuEzeFemi(m): 7:28pm On Apr 07, 2017
pls don't compare Great Ogun to Anambra
Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by ycat: 9:09pm On Apr 09, 2017
Evidence for what? This coming from "history while you wait" head is funny.
arinze2015:
get an evidence before you argue

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Flyover Projects In Ogun State - YMonitor by Deadvalley001: 9:25pm On Apr 09, 2017
ycat:

Lol, comedian. Lagos is bigger than Anambra state? What did you smoke? You are not even from lagos state sef.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation / Enugu Govt Approves 13th Month Salary, As Civil Servants Receive December Pay / Presidency: Don’t Ruin South East Chances, Ohanaeze Begs IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.