Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,828 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye (44560 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Kisses His Wife, Folu (Throwback Photo) / Mbaka: "Igbos Will Lose More, No Hausa Or Yoruba Has Property In Igboland" / Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 02, 2017
Only u knows Lord. I met ha on 2go.
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by martineverest(m): 5:17pm On Apr 02, 2017
MrRichy:
you would understand what pastor adeboye is saying after seeing some brainless facebooks slay queens in real life
do u mean all women on facebook are brainless and un-wife-able?...smh

1 Like

Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by Omoluabi16(m): 5:20pm On Apr 02, 2017
I'm a staunch member of RCCG, but I totally disagree with his opinion..
No one truly is infallible, no matter the level of anointing. Even peter who wined and dined with Jesus was called out By Paul. Probably these statement may have had a deeper meaning than what we understand?
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by ahonye15: 5:22pm On Apr 02, 2017
He Who have ear let him hear, the man of God has spoken!
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by AyamBlaze: 5:22pm On Apr 02, 2017
Men of God shutting down social media platforms since the year started.
I wonder if the holy spirit revealed this to him..
Anyways, let me comment my reserve lipsrsealed
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by woleoye13(m): 5:24pm On Apr 02, 2017
What an elder sees while sitting down.., make young youth climb 10storey building they will neva see it in years

5 Likes

Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:25pm On Apr 02, 2017
April Fool!
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by Enaburekhanjosh(m): 5:26pm On Apr 02, 2017
I can't believe that all the people that have commented so far, are so ignorant and myopic.... Are you guys this daft....

The Man of God said. "If you marry on Facebook"
He didn't say " if you met on Facebook "

There is a great difference.... Have you not heard of people marrying online after meeting on social media...

People meet online....we preach online....we invite people to church online....but marrying online with no spiritual father or pastor to bless the marriage is totally an error

3 Likes

Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by kunlejazz(m): 5:27pm On Apr 02, 2017
Honestly, reactions like these show how uneducated most Nigerians are.

How do we summarise a whole sermon by considering a 'single phrase?

The man of God was obviously warning against basing your decision to marry someone on social media knowledge...we all know people are hardly what they seem on Facebook.

Yes, the phrase came in at some point, as an addendum to the fact but it is utter gullibility and stupidity to judge Pastor Adeboye's message by it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by AkumahTalk(m): 5:30pm On Apr 02, 2017
Once again "man" is talking and not "God"...moreover what does "lose her on YouTube" mean? Someone help me understand this.
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by mustybaba55(m): 5:31pm On Apr 02, 2017
That means if marry ur wife in the. city u will lost her for village one
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by ollah2: 5:31pm On Apr 02, 2017
Pastor Chris Okotie and Oyakilome amongst others met their wives in the church and broke up in the church. Perhaps, God isn't present in churches too.

Whoever believes these insane people parading themselves as pastors should be beaten nakked

2 Likes

Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by kunlejazz(m): 5:31pm On Apr 02, 2017
TheSlyone2:

I think I have balls, so quoting you wouldn't be mission impossible...

In an event where you meet someone you both stay in the same locality on Facebook or other social media platform, could that be placed on the same pedestal as Meeting a total stranger online?

The way you talked make me wanna think you are undermining the importance of Facebook and thus, saying you misconstrued the message man of God was trying to pass should be right on the spot...

There are people, (prolly people you share same cultural belief with) you've in a way or the other lost contact with. The only way to reestablish contact with them may be via online platform...

And again, people you meet online, in as much as you ll want to be cautious, they may not be entirely bad as you have thought them to be...

Sighs....

Benny, I quoted you. Oya goan do your worse

How do we summarise a whole sermon by considering a 'single phrase?

The man of God was obviously warning against basing your decision to marry someone on social media knowledge...we all know people are hardly what they seem on Facebook.

Yes, the phrase came in at some point, as an addendum to the fact but it is utter gullibility and stupidity to judge Pastor Adeboye's message by it.
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by zomby(m): 5:33pm On Apr 02, 2017
I cannot castigate God and Jesus...Anyone else is very open for castigation.
Therefore, as a leader of any group, organization or institution one has to use wisdom 24/7 when speaking publicly.

You can't just speak carelessly or impose your personal opinions on others or on your followers...
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by smirn(m): 5:34pm On Apr 02, 2017
True talk from MOG, social media things na everybody thing. Experience will tell you.
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by sdbaba: 5:35pm On Apr 02, 2017
cool cool cool
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by MrRichy(m): 5:37pm On Apr 02, 2017
martineverest:
do u mean all women on facebook are brainless and un-wife-able?...smh

I didn't say all
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by DJejehimself(m): 5:40pm On Apr 02, 2017
to be candid, that is the simple truth.
Even the wife u marry via close relationship ends up with mess let alone from social media.
you can choose to marry from the media but be ready for gnashing of teeth soon
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by jaz(m): 5:42pm On Apr 02, 2017
If it's coming from a Nigerian MOG then I'm not surprised
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 02, 2017
jamislaw:
I think Old age is affecting this Man.
watch ur mouth
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by Badge1: 5:42pm On Apr 02, 2017
daretodiffer:
You and Amelian have something in common. Both of you should endeavour to use your medula oblongata more often.

de need to use dier Cerebrum ma nt medulla..... dont mk dat mistake again biko. Thank you.
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by lilybonny(f): 5:44pm On Apr 02, 2017
Is he nw God
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by Badge1: 5:45pm On Apr 02, 2017
Enaburekhanjosh:
I can't believe that all the people that have commented so far, are so ignorant and myopic.... Are you guys this daft....

The Man of God said. "If you marry on Facebook"
He didn't say " if you met on Facebook "

There is a great difference.... Have you not heard of people marrying online after meeting on social media...

People meet online....we preach online....we invite people to church online....but marrying online with no spiritual father or pastor to bless the marriage is totally an error
Through He said not ON

2 Likes

Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by mangala14(m): 5:46pm On Apr 02, 2017
I am not a supporter of this men of God but i strongly believed he was taken out of context and misunderstood
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by freeay: 5:47pm On Apr 02, 2017
All these goats talking trash will run to the Man of God tomorrow to save their dying Facebook marriages with prayers. Fools who lack common sense.
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by LoveDecay(m): 5:48pm On Apr 02, 2017
Omoluabi16:
I'm a staunch member of RCCG, but I totally disagree with his opinion..
No one truly is infallible, no matter the level of anointing. Even peter who wined and dined with Jesus was called out By Paul. Probably these statement may have had a deeper meaning than what we understand?

Why would a well trained Nigerian man marry a girl he met on facebook.

In Nigeria we do not do things this way. The pastor has spoken the truth
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by Hardeysolution(m): 5:48pm On Apr 02, 2017
Major reasons internet will continue to make us deluded and stupid. It's something to be learned it's another thing to be wise. I believe some reasons people should try get someone explain to you. The fact that this was picked from his sermon, was that all he said? Probably many of us think Pastor Adeboye is like other men who will take measures against you.... .lol.... He won't.. .. Remember God will fight for his people... The same way you all yarn nonsense about Bishop Oyedepo and your lives keep on being metaphysical. Who are we to call them to order.... Are they our great grandfather's mate? The call of God on them make them spiritually older.. ... Every thing from the alter is from God.. ......so who are we to question God?

Someone will say are they all original? Whether there's fake or not, that isn't yours to judge.. ...

I am just surprised though....that we aren't yet wise.. ..

He said marry a wife on facebook and lose her on YouTube. Naturally, no one understands, can't I add humour to my sermon.. ..lol! Just wise up.. ... That was just part of a sermon.. ...maybe an atomic element of the sermon.. ...okay sha

Father forgive them!
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 02, 2017
So those that got married through facebook, should they divorce them now? I am not understanding o
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by ARonpaul(m): 5:52pm On Apr 02, 2017
Dat's the truth of the

matter o. I cant jst meet a girl on the internet and decide to marry her. I gotta see my lady with my korokoro eyes o(av got to see d full package. Anyways!! we all have our differences; one man's food is another man's poison.
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 02, 2017
Tazdroid:
Is this a premonition or prophecy? grin

I still find it hard to comprehend why a widely respected clergyman would make such a statement
Don't mind them. How about the sermons they transmit via facebook and those who follow them? That's how one pastor told us some years ago not to use a TV set as it was a wordly item. Fast forward to today, it's that same TV that is now used to broadcast live services to his church members.
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by mctowel01: 5:54pm On Apr 02, 2017
serverconnect:
Nice one sir. Food for thought
Don't you have a mind of your own?
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by omoiyamayor(m): 5:57pm On Apr 02, 2017
Relationship is hard to deal with so internet can give u otherwise look of ur partner.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nollywood Actors Benefit From Pastor Iginla's Gift / Sheikh Adam Idoko Kidnapped in Enugu / Apostle Suleman Buys Toyota Car For His Church Member(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.