Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,743 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye (44520 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Kisses His Wife, Folu (Throwback Photo) / Mbaka: "Igbos Will Lose More, No Hausa Or Yoruba Has Property In Igboland" / Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by miketayo(m): 5:50am On Apr 03, 2017
Benita27:
Only matured minds would grasp the underlying message. I don't even want to meet my husband on social media not to talk of men picking wives from social media.

Please, do not quote me if you think otherwise. Try the next person. Thanks in advance!. cool

Do u know how many people got married through Facebook and her living happily, not everything ur pastor says is ryt, learn to think too

1 Like

Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by Toks2008(m): 6:05am On Apr 03, 2017
Splinz:
If this remark really came from Adeboye, then it's really an unfortunate one. embarassed

This statement is akin to saying: "All Facebook users are worthless". Adeboye of all people should have known that people use sites like Facebook for different reasons; both business and pleasure.

So, that one meets a woman on Facebook that appeals to him and marry her, does not in anyway translate to losing that same woman to other social sites.

In fact, this statement has little or no sense at all!

IF indeed he actually said this then he must have been miscontrued but nevertheless we need to understand that he is an old man with achaic mindset regardless of his calling so I'm not surprised.

It's just unfortunate that mindless members will take this to heart.

1 Like

Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by Toks2008(m): 6:08am On Apr 03, 2017
Benita27:
Only matured minds would grasp the underlying message. I don't even want to meet my husband on social media not to talk of men picking wives from social media.

Please, do not quote me if you think otherwise. Try the next person. Thanks in advance!. cool

Like seriously?

SMH! For the records...real people in the real world are also the people on social media.

Please change your mindset before you miss the train...we are in the 21st century.
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by Toks2008(m): 6:11am On Apr 03, 2017
Davidooooo:
Nice 1 daddy, please tell them, that the woman they met on Facebook can never be the same with the one they saw on ground, so many Devils on the Internet,

And what is the assurance that the one you see on ground will be the same with the one you put at home?
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by elfiddy(m): 7:48am On Apr 03, 2017
You can pay tithe online but can't meet your spouse online. Stupid quote
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by SolomonAdeola: 8:06am On Apr 03, 2017
Splinz:
If this remark really came from Adeboye, then it's really an unfortunate one. embarassed

This statement is akin to saying: "All Facebook users are worthless". Adeboye of all people should have known that people use sites like Facebook for different reasons; both business and pleasure.

So, that one meets a woman on Facebook that appeals to him and marry her, does not in anyway translate to losing that same woman to other social sites.

In fact, this statement has little or no sense at all!

Myopic thinking. Read beyond the lines!!!
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by tiswell(m): 9:52am On Apr 03, 2017
cloudyskygrind:
You've just made the whole thing worse
cheesycheesy your own worse pass Lol
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by Trunaijian: 11:23am On Apr 03, 2017
i do not agree with that. i know a couple who met thru a social media platfoem, got married and had children. today they are living as husband and wife.

not everything men of God say should be taken as LAW , after all they are only "men".

we should depend on God for interventions and not men. Dont know why this gullibility is common in developing countries.
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by goldenimp(m): 12:33pm On Apr 03, 2017
My take on Pastor Adeboye’s “If you marry a wife through facebook” – Olumide Bada

The internet was awoken yesterday by a statement attributed to Pst Adeboye “If you get your wife through facebook, you’ll loose her on youtube” there were several attacks and criticism concerning the statement even by loyal followers of Pst Adeboye..
I paused deeply too and I realized that Jesus too made many statements during his time, that if he was around and he was posting it on twitter etc he will be severely criticized. Eg statements like “ If your right eye causes you to sin, poke it out and throw it away. It is better to lose one part of your body, than for your whole body to end up in hell. “ Mat 5:29 “ What? Poke out my eye?? Cut off my hand? Because they made me sin?? Whereas we all know there are deeper meanings to this statement. So it takes deeper revelations to interpret most parables spoken by Men of God.

I am not a very good writer and not also very good at decrypting other people’s parables. Eg Pst Adeboye’s wisdom statement here, because obviously his wisdom is higher than mine, and the gap of such wisdom to mine is very large. But let me use the little insight I have.

So I said to myself, there must be deeper meanings to this statement. So I went digging for the video of the sermon, and found it.. And I now quote verbatim what he said, not what the twitter handler wrote.

“Let me tell you clearly “if you get a wife through THE facebook, you will loose her through THE youtube..you can quote me..any marriage that is concocted through the facebook is going to crash through the youtube, no doubt about that. Our forefathers said it before me..they said it in Yoruba, the interpretation is what I’ve already given you. They said “iyawo ti a ba fi ijo fe, iran lo ma wo lo..”..

And he went straight to give an illustration of a man who met his wife in church, one will expect the next illustration to buttress this will be a man that met his wife through facebook . It’s the story of a beautiful girl whose beauty did not match her character and the marriage failed..Meaning he was also taking about knowing someone on face value alone. Which is not enough.

My take, just my take…
He said any marriage “concocted” through the facebook.. Concocted means to fabricate, to prepare, to make. Many of us are familiar with concoction in school, mixing several ingredients together to make a “delicacy” that we can eat.
Marriages/relationships concocted, fabricated, made entirely through social media or decided just by face value are headed to fail.

He never said it was wrong to find a spouse via Facebook. I for one know people that met through facebook, and they are happily married now. Social Media is a good meeting place for old and new friends, however when it comes to marriage.. meeting on social media is one thing. But deepening the relationship on social media, courting on social media, proposing on social media etc is quite wrong. Because the social media never reveals the entirety about someone.. We all put up our best pics (pictures can be pretty deceptive, everyone looks good on instagram) and behave ourselves on social media.. to really get to know whether someone is your ideal marriage partner.. you both need to get out of social media and relate in real life, to ascertain how you both truly behave and react in real life.

When Jesus said “ by their fruits you shall know them.. (Mathew 7:16) That knowing he talks about is a deeper knowing than social media can present to you,. The Greek meaning for “know” means “to be fully acquainted with” and that full acquaintance with someone can never be offered to you via social media.. You don’t know his/her fruits, such marriages are bound to crash because there was never a full acquaintance of each other.

So many things are likely to happen if you keep courting on facebook, and you eventually both get married after that, likely things that happen to hamper the foundation of such relationships are: misinterpretation of chat discussions, obsession over her friends list, temptations to post nasty things on each other’s wall when there are issues, annoyance that he or she has not change his relationship status, using your status updates to score points, fixation over his/her tagged pictures etc

Where does the youtube thing come in? It’s another social media . Youtube is particularly more about videos..”a louder/nosier social platform” In a relationship that there was no deep knowing between individuals. When such marriages break up, it blows up in greater proportions, that those that never even knew about the struggles behind the relationship are now able to “see“ it and the relationship becomes a wrong model for all to view. The breakage is sometimes more noisier than the marriage.

Is your relationships entirely concocted through social media? Social media many a times too will aid its crashing, and publicize its crashing.

Hence the Yoruba proverb “iyawo ti aba fi ijo fe, iran ni yio wo lo” meaning the bride you married from a party she will surely go away through dance. eg She will leave you via the help of same medium the courting/marriage arrangement where made.

Facebook makes it easy to find and connect with people from your past, it can also place a strain on relationships. A survey conducted by a UK divorce website revealed that Facebook is commonly cited as a reason for divorce. Seeing a partner befriending or talking to someone on Facebook with whom she had a previous relationship can cause anxiety and insecurity. People might also turn to Facebook when they are in fights or disagreements with their partners. This can lead to dirty laundry being aired in public through inappropriate comments or status updates posted in anger. Couples that break up can also use Facebook as a platform to get back at their ex-partners, which can jeopardize future relationships. In a survey by the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Facebook is cited as the primary source of compromising information that leads to divorce.

If you meet on social media, don’t get the entire process done there. Come out of social media much regularly; come into the real world so that the real and true process of “knowing” can take place. Social media can never help you to be fully acquainted with someone in other to know his/her fruits, and the right fruits determine whether you should go ahead with the marriage

This is purely my take, and not intended to reduce or misinterpret what was said..

Thanks
@olumidebada
f/olumidebada
#relationshipcoach

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by gwama: 6:04pm On Apr 03, 2017
VERU TRUE PASTOR, You have told the truth pastor. grin
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by gwama: 6:07pm On Apr 03, 2017
Pastor, if you marry a man through Facebook, you will lose him in "Indecency.com" grin
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by Imithea(f): 10:40pm On Apr 04, 2017
UltraLeslie1:
But you were desperate enough to send your pics and bio to a broke Nairaland albino who in turn betrayed you and leaked your ugly, hijab-enveloped pics to all of romaceland.

Poor you. Your life is so pathetic you vent your frustrations in your diary and fume over nl monikers.

Even nairaland broke vagabonds rejected you like a leprosy-sufferer.

please, doveda,aka daretodiffer, dare2differ, audrea,kikelomo, moroundutu et al , stop stalking fun-lovings girls here.

just learn to keep your frustrations to yourself.

Lol grin
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by joseph1832(m): 11:35am On Apr 05, 2017
UltraLeslie1:
But you were desperate enough to send your pics and bio to a broke Nairaland albino who in turn betrayed you and leaked your ugly, hijab-enveloped pics to all of romaceland.

Poor you. Your life is so pathetic you vent your frustrations in your diary and fume over nl monikers.

Even nairaland broke vagabonds rejected you like a leprosy-sufferer.

please, doveda,aka daretodiffer, dare2differ, audrea,kikelomo, moroundutu et al , stop stalking fun-lovings girls here.

just learn to keep your frustrations to yourself.
LMAO! Didn't know she communicated with the melanin depraved boy outside NL. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by UltraLeslie1: 3:45pm On Apr 05, 2017
joseph1832:
LMAO! Didn't know she communicated with the melanin depraved boy outside NL. grin
The fastly-appraoching-menopause hoe sent her pics and bio data to an albino scammer who couldn't even pay his own internet subscription. cheesy

And when the albino found out he was dealing with a penny-pincher of a sadistic culture-less slut, he offloaded her like northerners offload rotting tomatoes grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by joseph1832(m): 3:59pm On Apr 05, 2017
UltraLeslie1:
The fastly-appraoching-menopause hoe sent her pics and bio data to an albino scammer who couldn't even pay his own internet subscription. cheesy

And when the albino found out he was dealing with a penny-pincher of sadistic culture-less slut, he offloaded her like northerners offload rotting tomatoes grin
I bet the guy doesn't have any use for women who can't buy him recharge cards and give him 5K. grin
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by UltraLeslie1: 6:15pm On Apr 05, 2017
joseph1832:
I bet the guy doesn't have any use for women who can't buy him recharge cards and give him 5K. grin
Hahahaha, no 5k no deal. And when there's a promise of 5k reward , betrayal ensues
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by joseph1832(m): 6:26pm On Apr 05, 2017
UltraLeslie1:
Hahahaha, no 5k no deal. And when there's a promise of 5k reward , betrayal ensues
I stopped wondering why a person will sell his pride for 5K. Imagine, it's not even up to the amount spent drinking and eating peppersoup the first time we met. grin Talkless of the one spent when I, you, FTBOY and Obontami hung out at E-74. Neither is it up to the amount spent when I, you and Obontami met at Laparias Hotel.

Men bro, we spend cash! I wonder why a failed, depraved melanin metamorphose un-intelligent marooned Romance section most disgraced all timer sold his soul for something that little?

To think the runs-girls/ashawos in Nairaland collect 2 to 4 times that sum per night and they've not been disgraced and grossly embarrassed they way he is. grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by UltraLeslie1: 7:18pm On Apr 05, 2017
joseph1832:
I stopped wondering why a person will sell his pride for 5K. Imagine, it's not even up to the amount spent drinking and eating peppersoup the first time we met. grin Talkless of the one spent when I, you, FTBOY and Obontami hung out at E-74. Neither is it up to the amount spent when I, you and Obontami met at Laparias Hotel.

Men bro, we spend cash! I wonder why a failed, depraved melanin metamorphose un-intelligent marooned Romance section most disgraced all timer sold his soul for something that little?

To think the runs-girls/ashawos in Nairaland collect 2 to 4 times that sum per night and they've not been disgraced and grossly embarrassed they way he is. grin cheesy grin cheesy

Brother, only on the internet does a toad boasts to have wings.

Before the embarrassing revelation his scamming penchants, he's been posing as NL's biggest and baddest guy who travels to Dubai routinely

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by joseph1832(m): 7:33pm On Apr 05, 2017
UltraLeslie1:

Brother, only on the internet does a toad boasts to have wings.

Before the embarrassing revelation his scamming penchants, he's been posing as NL's biggest and baddest guy who travels to Dubai routinely
He can only pose and lie his wits out. The girls he massage his ego about dating, he can't even buy a bus ticket to go see them, and the one who visited him once, he made it seem like she visited him like forever. What a loser!.

The dude is surrounded by lies. One would think lie was present in the labour room when his mother shat him into this world.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if Nairaland, nope, Romance section is scrapped? Fancy the loser debating in Politics or Religion section? LMAO!.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by UltraLeslie1: 8:24pm On Apr 05, 2017
joseph1832:
He can only pose and lie his wits out. The girls he massage his ego about dating, he can't even buy a bus ticket to go see them, and the one who visited him once, he made it seem like she visited him like forever. What a loser!.

The dude is surrounded by lies. One would think lie was present in the labour room when his mother shat him into this world.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if Nairaland, nope, Romance section is scrapped? Fancy the loser debating in Politics or Religion section? LMAO!.
He will turn the political section into idle chat room cheesy

1 Like

Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by joseph1832(m): 8:33pm On Apr 05, 2017
UltraLeslie1:
He will turn the political section into idle chat room cheesy
LOL. More like show the entire cyber space just how ill-educated and badly enlightened/exposed he is. The dude finds it hard to make friends with facts! That's why his best place to lay he bleached head is Romance section, where un-informed juvenile opinion is the order of the day.
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by adewuyi2012: 12:04am On Apr 06, 2017
THE FAMILY RULES*

(1) The main purpose of this group is to relate, share knowledge, have fun, help one another, keep ourselves informed with the world around us *(please make sure what you share is in a common language eg English)* and to share the word of God.

(2) Members are encouraged to relate well with one another in love,respect,wisdom,maturity and understanding.

(3) If any member have posts relating to e.g. on saturday is for music, movies, poem and job updates
they should post it without having to get permission from the Admins..as long as d posts are related to the ongoing discussion..however, once a member noticed that there is an ongoing discussion, such member should exercise patient 4 dem to finish d discussion b4 making d post.

(4) Feel free to contact any of the Admins if you are not too okay with any comment or behaviour of any member..please don't take laws into your hands by raining abusive words on the group's page.
Report to us and appropriate action will be taken.

*ACTIVITIES PER DAY*

•Monday: Sport
•Tuesday: Health talk
•Wednesday: Love, Relationship and Welfare
•Thursday: Entrepreneur
•Friday: Politics, Economy and News around the world
•Saturday: Music, Movies and Job Updates.
•Sunday: Bible study.

*Courtesy- ADMIN*

Chat me: 07087844062 if u want to join us.
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by gwama: 7:59pm On Apr 06, 2017
He also had to add that if you marry a man on facebook, you will lose him in po r n .com grin grin
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by oaroloye(m): 5:25am On Jul 11, 2017
SHALOM!

emefav:
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor E.A Adeboye, today in his sermon at the Church's headquarters at Redemption Camp, told his members why they shouldn't marry girls from Facebook.

According to him, people who marry girls from Facebook, lose them on YouTube. This message was posted on the Church's official Twitter handle.

Nigerians are already calling out the Pastor and his church for this. Here are some reactions to the sermon;

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/04/if-you-marry-wife-through-facebook-you.html

ACCORDING TO NAGUALISM- the Spiritual Teachings of the Native American ShapeShifting Sorcerer-Seers, there are FOUR ENEMIES OF A MAN OF KNOWLEDGE:

4. OLD AGE.
3. POWER.
2. CLARITY.
1. FEAR.

Once one has overcome any one of them, that defeat is considered permanent.

Once one has overcome FEAR, therefore, the next Enemy is "CLARITY."

You will receive INSIGHTS and REVELATIONS of ABSOLUTE CLARITY.

There will be NO FEAR that you MIGHT BE WRONG.

You will have more-or-less ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY in the INFALLIBILITY of your OBSERVATIONS and EVALUATIONS.

If you succumb to this foe, you will be DROWNED in an OCEAN of USELESS REVELATIONS that do not lead to THE GOAL- literally EVERLASTING LIFE.

The Way to defeat this For is to FOCUS on what you NEED to know, and moderate your involvement with things that are less your business.
Re: If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye by Maxi3k(m): 6:59pm On Mar 03, 2019
Dis shït doesn't make no sense

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Police Reacts To Video Of Pastor Uche Aigbe Carrying An AK-47 While Preaching / Pastor Joan Godwin: A Victim Of Dangote Trailer Accident In Asaba (Photo) / Sheikh Adam Idoko Kidnapped in Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.