Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,854 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) (13664 Views)

The Moderator(s) On Politics Section Are So Lazy / Moderator(s) Why Did You Lock This Thread...https://www.nairaland.com/1363216/b ? / Moderator/s In Chief: Operation Nigeria Makeover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 5:49pm On Dec 28, 2009
Nigeria doesn't have a monopoly on corruption as the cases with Halliburton, Siemens and others have proved. Assuming your story is true, why are you not advocating for the prosecution of these oil companies. Sefago please don't insult our intelligence with your a friend of a friends wifes sister in law anecdotes, Please provide evidence.

Sadly i cannot. What you guys call evidence is typically a write up by someone usually a news paper which cannot even be verified or some website. That evidence is really no way different from mine.  Usually the foreign oil companies can only act the way they do with 100% compliance of the Nigerian government + leader in the ND. I mentioned tax department so you would have figured out this isn't a far fetched story because bribing ND chiefs usually have to be accounted for in the tax returns of Corporate companies grin. Mine seems plausible this was some American girl who did not know anything about Nigeria and was assuming I would be as rich as the ND chief she met.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 5:54pm On Dec 28, 2009
Are you not the same olodo that wrote a post by disputing contrarian as a word of English Language?

Yes, I have never seen that word before, and my word bank, to say the least is huge. Took my time to find out it was really a word, but judging by your history of using language badly, I cannot be blamed for my statement. Moreover, I just dont like using unnecessary and vague language to prove my point especially when the words I use are a bit of a mismatch.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Dede1(m): 5:55pm On Dec 28, 2009
SEFAGO:

Ok problems worth with fiscal federalism and resource control

1. Corruption- Uptill today the RDS and Chevron Texaco bribes the leader of people from the Niger Delta before they can operate. This is  not speculation. I met this girl whose mother works for the tax department in RDS who was telling me that she met a Niger delta chief or whatever who was boasting about his numerous houses and that his children were in Switzerland, Spain, France- my mouth was just opening in shock Angry. Now imagine if these people are allowed resource control Grin

2. The only major resource available in Nigeria is oil. Other areas have nothing to offer, so how will they grow? The so-called growth of the South-west and the South-east all depends in some part from oil. All the banks in Nigeria are in one way indirectly dependent on oil. Oil drives industry in Nigeria. The South East produces nada, neither does the south west. However the majority of the professionals come from a particular region, moreso than the region which produces oil.  Its really a long winded argument, but the short of it is that in a way Nigeria is a bit more effective as a country than a loose group of states all because of trickle down economics.

Should I be sincere?- I have a feeling the people calling for resource control are people from the south-south and this is not pointing fingers, its it is just common sense

Basically Nigeria is a resource driven economy, and so resource control is really a bit slefish selfish

grin

Pal, any person that has the knack to rewrite or correct essays without the consent or permission of original author usually turns out to be a plagiarizer. Believe me, if I give 20 options to grammatically correct this junk you will still flunk.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Beaf: 5:56pm On Dec 28, 2009
SEFAGO:

Sadly i cannot. What you guys call evidence is typically a write up by someone usually a news paper which cannot even be verified or some website. That evidence is really no way different from mine.  Usually the foreign oil companies can only act the way they do with 100% compliance of the Nigerian government + leader in the ND. I mentioned tax department so you would have figured out this isn't a far fetched story because bribing ND chiefs usually have to be accounted for in the tax returns of Corporate companies grin. Mine seems plausible this was some American girl who did not know anything about Nigeria and was assuming I would be as rich as the ND chief she met.

The current Nigerian system allows this.
With 100% resource control would any chief be bribed for oil in land that isn't his? There are simple and obvious solutions to our problems.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Dede1(m): 6:03pm On Dec 28, 2009
SEFAGO:

Yes, I have never seen that word before, and my word bank, to say the least is huge. Took my time to find out it was really a word, but judging by your history of using language badly, I cannot be blamed for my statement. Moreover, I just dont like using unnecessary and vague language to prove my point especially when the words I use are a bit of a mismatch.

Let us not get silly but have fun in bantering. I must admit that writing is very individualistic. The style you will use to phrase sentences can not be similar to mine. By the way, I did not obtained undergraduate and post graduate degrees in Nigeria.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 6:06pm On Dec 28, 2009
Pal, any person that has the knack to rewrite or correct essays without the consent or permission of original author usually turns out to be a plagiarizer

Abeg go away, i dont try and be grammatically correct  online anyways I was complaining about your word choice and passive sentence. With all the pidgin I use how can I be judged. Word choice is your problem, I don't check the mechanics of what people type online that is the job of your brother mekusxxx. Grammar doesn't cloud meaning as much as using the wrong word.

The current Nigerian system allows this.
With 100% resource control would any chief be bribed for oil in land that isn't his? There are simple and obvious solutions to our problems.

hmm major problems here , I you suggesting a regional state would be more efficient and less corrupt because all the people are supposedly the "same."

Anyways I partially see your point, in the context of most african nations this would historically not work at all. What exactly is characteristic of the Nigerian system which makes it corrupt that would be lost in a new state? Dont forget corruption is characteristic of all parts of Nigeria though agreed some do it more than others.

You seem to be arguing that we should divide into little pieces, and things would of course work out. The new states would a;; adjust and finally meet an equilibrium.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by mekusxxx: 6:08pm On Dec 28, 2009
Ok problems worth fiscal federalism and resource control

1. Corruption- Uptill today the RDS and Chevron Texaco bribes the leader of people from the Niger Delta before they can operate. This not speculation. I met this girl whose mother works for the tax department in RDS who was telling me that she met a Niger delta chief or whatever who was boasting about his numerous houses and that his children were in Switzerland, spain, france- my mouth was just opening in shock . Now imagine if these people are allowed resource control

2. The only major resource available in Nigeria is oil. Other areas have nothing to offer, so how will they grow? The so-called growth of the South-west and the South-east all depends in some part from oil. All the banks in Nigeria are in one way indirectly dependent on oil. Oil drives industry in Nigeria. The South East produces nada, neither does the south west. However the majority of the professionals come from a particular region, moreso than the region which produces oil  Its really a long winded argument, but the short of it is that in a way Nigeria is a bit more effective as a country than a loose group of states all because of trickle down economics.

Should I be sincere?- I have a feeling the people calling for resource control are people from the south-south and this is not pointing fingers, its just common sense

Basically Nigeria is a resource driven economy, and so resource control is really a bit slefish

This dude (Sefago) is an unrelenting ignoramus? Who says other parts of Nigeria have nothing to offer? The slowpoke should note the difference between not having anything to offer and not willing to offer anything. The North that we southerners tend to deride is potentially richer than the south in terms of natural resources. It is the unwillingness to exploit and harness those resources that matter. The East and West are also culpable as both sides have very many different resources but everybody got consumed with the frenzy of oil and forgot that no country survives with a mono-economy. The growth of the SE is hardly dependent on oil money because it is mostly self-made. You may want to check how much oil money comes to the region from the available fiscal data, despite Imo and Abia being oil producers. Up till now Igbo communities tax/levy themselves to develop their places, just like they did to build the first state airport in Nigeria and the first and second state universities in Nigeria. As we speak, I am having to send money home annually as my share of my community development levy. This is also the same for most other Igbo communities.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 6:11pm On Dec 28, 2009
Let us not get silly but have fun in bantering. I must admit that writing is very individualistic. The style you will use to phrase sentences can not be similar to mine. By the way, I did not obtained undergraduate and post graduate degrees in Nigeria.

Hhmm , is that supposed to impress me? Anyone can obtain a degree abroad sebi Ghana is now overseas? Anyways that is not the case- this isn't about style it is about clarity and yours comes off as pretentious.

It could be quite irritating to read since it makes you come off as someone who overstates their self-worth. It really looks bad if try and use big words and then use them in the wrong context. Doing so religiously can make someone go nuts.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by AndreUweh(m): 6:17pm On Dec 28, 2009
mekusxxx:

This dude (Sefago) is an unrelenting ignoramus? Who says other parts of Nigeria have nothing to offer? The slowpoke should note the difference between not having anything to offer and not willing to offer anything. The North that we southerners tend to deride is potentially richer than the south in terms of natural resources. It is the unwillingness to exploit and harness those resources that matter. The East and West are also culpable as both sides have very many different resources but everybody got consumed with the frenzy of oil and forgot that no country survives with a mono-economy. The growth of the SE is hardly dependent on oil money because it is mostly self-made. You may want to check how much oil money comes to the region from the available fiscal data, despite Imo and Abia being oil producers. Up till now Igbo communities tax/levy themselves to develop their places, just like they did to build the first state airport in Nigeria and the first and second state universities in Nigeria. As we speak, I am having to send money home annually as my share of my community development levy. This is also the same for most other Igbo communities.

YOU ARE RIGHT
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 6:21pm On Dec 28, 2009
This dude (Sefago) is an unrelenting ignoramus? Who says other parts of Nigeria have nothing to offer? The slowpoke should note the difference between not having anything to offer and not willing to offer anything. The North that we southerners tend to deride is potentially richer than the south in terms of natural resources.

Please tell me what resource the North has to offer?

The East and West are also culpable as both sides have very many different resources but everybody got consumed with the frenzy of oil and forgot that no country survives with a mono-economy. The growth of the SE is hardly dependent on oil money because it is mostly self-made. You may want to check how much oil money comes to the region from the available fiscal data, despite Imo and Abia being oil producers.

Do you know the meaning of trickle-down economics. Example, Alhaji works in an oil company. He sends his daughter to a school owned by an igbo woman who borrowed money from a nigerian bank to set up the school. This nigerian bank was able to borrow her money because of the corrupt individuals who save their money in Nigerian banks. She runs the school very well and requests her students to buy certain things. These things can only be acquired in yaba market. The majority of the people selling stuff in yaba market are igbo. This people make money from their sales. It is in no way linked to oil. The igbo woman sets up other businesses in iboland. These businesses flourish. The customers are people who can afford luxury goods because of industries indirectly linked to oil. No supposed connection to oil. Everything in Nigeria is about oil. Infact the laptop I am using now wouldnt have been purchased if not for oil money- chikena?

All the way to Unilever, Nigerian Breweries e,t.c they all depend in some way from the oil money in Nigeria.

If Alhaji does not hire a houseboy, where will the houseboy get money to buyfanta and biscuit?
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Beaf: 6:25pm On Dec 28, 2009
SEFAGO:

Abeg go away, i dont try and be grammatically correct  online anyways I was complaining about your word choice and passive sentence. With all the pidgin I use how can I be judged. Word choice is your problem, I don't check the mechanics of what people type online that is the job of your brother mekusxxx. Grammar doesn't cloud meaning as much as using the wrong word.

hmm major problems here ,  I you suggesting a regional state would be more efficient and less corrupt because all the people are supposedly the "same."

Anyways I partially see your point, in the context of most african nations this would historically not work at all. What exactly is characteristic of the Nigerian system which makes it corrupt that would be lost in a new state? Dont forget corruption is characteristic of all parts of Nigeria though agreed some do it more than others.

You seem to be arguing that we should divide into little pieces, and things would of course work out. The new states would a;; adjust and finally meet an equilibrium.

If all power (and by extension corruption) is not located in Abuja, corruption will cease to be a Nigerian problem.
More important is the fact that the system we practice was built to further corruption, based on constitutions by IBB and Abacha for their life presidencies. It was built to shovel oil money into private pockets ($60 billion annually), the rest of us are just fo.ols the machine runs off.

No succesful African (or other) country is built like Nigeria. Continuing down the present path will lead to war and catastrophe.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SapeleGuy: 6:26pm On Dec 28, 2009
SEFAGO:

hmm major problems here ,  I you suggesting a regional state would be more efficient and less corrupt because all the people are supposedly the "same."

Equality for all ethnicities, why is that so hard to accept, without that we can't move forward. You can't expect people to accept falsified census figures as the basis of allocating resources or ruling the country.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 6:26pm On Dec 28, 2009
YOU ARE RIGHT

how won't he be right? grin

Anyways, Mekusxxx,I hope you know that economies are sustained in one way or the other. China was initially dependent on Exports and "made in china to drive their economy. Now things are changing and they have become more complex. If there is no way of sustaining them then failure happens. The blessing of oil could have done so  many great things to Nigeria and it would all be a matter of cause and effect. If oil wealth had been used to build major and well funded technology institutes to train people into becoming brilliant engineers, then maybe Nigeria could have been a center for outsourcing today. But that wouldn't remove the fact that this new sector spurned from oil money.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Dede1(m): 6:30pm On Dec 28, 2009
SEFAGO:

Hhmm , is that supposed to impress me? Anyone can obtain a degree abroad sebi Ghana is now overseas? Anyways that is not the case- this isn't about style it is about clarity and yours comes off as pretentious.

It could be quite irritating to read since it makes you come off as someone who overstates their self-worth. It really looks bad if try and use big words and then use them in the wrong context. Doing so religiously can make someone go nuts.

It appears that you are the very person trying very hard to impress. You have arrogated err of personality to yourself by labeling the junk in you as intelligent and arrogant.

It is very nice of you to admit the fact that you are ignorance of certain English words. Is it not a mute case to talk about wrong usage of words that you do not know they existed?

I had be happier schooling in Ghana than in Nigeria. It is piece of information to get you off the back of FUTO (Federal University Technology, Owerri).
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Beaf: 6:31pm On Dec 28, 2009
SEFAGO:

. . .

You should do thorough homework before joining topics like this. The North has everything, from Gold to tin, from gems to Uranium; they potentially have oil as well, but rather than follow the FG owns your butt methods employed in the ND, they have sold all oil blocks in the North to a privately owned company 100% owned by the North (no FG), Northern Nigeria Development Company (NNDC).
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Onlytruth(m): 6:31pm On Dec 28, 2009
SEFAGO:

Do you know the meaning of trickle-down economics. Example, Alhaji works in an oil company. He sends his daughter to a [b]school owned by an igbo woman who borrowed money from a nigerian bank to set up the school. This nigerian bank was able to borrow her money because of the corrupt individuals who save their money in Nigerian banks. She runs the school very well and requests her students to buy certain things. These things can only be acquired in yaba market. The majority of the people selling stuff in yaba market are igbo. This people make money from their sales. It is in no way linked to oil. The igbo woman sets up other businesses in iboland. [/b]These businesses flourish. The customers are people who can afford luxury goods because of industries indirectly linked to oil. No supposed connection to oil. Everything in Nigeria is about oil. Infact the laptop I am using now wouldnt have been purchased if not for oil money- chikena?

All the way to Unilever, Nigerian Breweries e,t.c they all depend in some way from the oil money in Nigeria.

If Alhaji does not hire a houseboy, where will the houseboy get money to buyfanta and biscuit?

The Igbo do the same even outside Nigeria. It is called enterprise. So how can you call that dependence on oil?
Dude honestly I get headaches following your twist and turns in logic which contradict themselves and at the end confuse even yourself.
I follow the ball though. I refuse to be confused by tricksters.  Try another strategy. grin
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by asha80(m): 6:39pm On Dec 28, 2009
Some people minds are fixed on oil.I wonder if Malaysia,Singapore have oil?

No one is saying that corruption will disappear from Nigeria,If corruption can exist in UK how will it not exist in Nigeria?Why should I as Governor of maybe one of these unviable states be bothered about money to run the state when i can sit down and wait for monthly allocation from Abuja?We should create a system that discourages government  corruption  by that government being self reliant and generating its own revenue  than a system that encourages corruption by laziness due to the waiting of allocation from the centre.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 6:40pm On Dec 28, 2009
The Igbo do the same even outside Nigeria. It is called enterprise. So how can you call that dependence on oil?
Dude honestly I get headaches following your twist and turns in logic which contradict themselves and at the end confuse even yourself.
I follow the ball though. I refuse to be confused by tricksters.  Try another strategy

, but thats the point. Mekusxxx claimed self-sufficiency but that isn't true. If you depend in one way from oil what would happen later without it?

You should do thorough homework before joining topics like this. The North has everything, from Gold to tin, from gems to Uranium; they potentially have oil as well, but rather than follow the FG owns your butt methods employed in the ND, they have sold all oil blocks in the North to a privately owned company 100% owned by the North (no FG), Northern Nigeria Development Company (NNDC).

Link
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 6:43pm On Dec 28, 2009

Its really not a good comparison. These countries have a highly educated class and complex economy. They can offer service products that people are willing to pay for.

I really am interested in knowing how other regions would be economically viable states. If someone could enlighten me on how one nigerian region can be self-sufficient I would be really grateful.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Beaf: 6:46pm On Dec 28, 2009
SEFAGO:

. . .
Link

Sorry, I will not provide any link this time; do the legwork. The best I can do is give you a hint, find out who Gazprom signed a deal with in the North (if it was FG or NNDC).
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by RichyBlacK(m): 6:47pm On Dec 28, 2009
Dede1:

It appears that you are the very person trying very hard to impress. You have arrogated err of personality to yourself by labeling the junk in you as intelligent and arrogant.

It is very nice of you to admit the fact that you are ignorance of certain English words. Is it not a mute case to talk about wrong usage of words that you do not know they existed?

I had be happier schooling in Ghana than in Nigeria. It is piece of information to get you off the back of FUTO (Federal University Technology, Owerri).

Dede1,

There is no need wasting valuable time trying to lecture that neophyte called SEFAGO. Just because his/her high-school teacher commended his/her high-school project as "brilliant", he/she thinks his/her tiny pea-sized brain is larger than Olumo Rock. Imagine such a charlatan claiming a large vocabulary but ignorant of the English word "contrarian". Nonsense!
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by asha80(m): 6:49pm On Dec 28, 2009
SEFAGO:

Its really not a good comparison. These countries have a highly educated class and complex economy. They can offer service products that people are willing to pay for.

I really am interested in knowing how other regions would be economically viable states. If someone could enlighten me on how one nigerian region can be self-sufficient I would be really grateful.

Bringing it to your doorsteps how did Awolowo run the former western region the way he did?

On the issue of highly educated class please do not tell me that nigeria does not have highly educated people.The problem is when nigeria's best brains are not residing or want to reside in the country.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 6:55pm On Dec 28, 2009
Sorry, I will not provide any link this time; do the legwork. The best I can do is give you a hint, find out who Gazprom signed a deal with in the North (if it was FG or NNDC).

I thot gazprom's deal was in natural gas- when did oil come to play. Why would a country like Russia want to sign an oil deal with Nigeria?
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SapeleGuy: 6:57pm On Dec 28, 2009
^^^Forget Gazprom go and check out NNDC and stop fishing
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by OAM4J: 6:57pm On Dec 28, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Welcome Richy. Wetin dey? Long time.

I opened thread come dey ask of una. wetin happen to your 'mederatorship'? Hope no wahala with 'the supreme commander'?
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 7:00pm On Dec 28, 2009
Ok found it. Interesting - But this is R&D no oil found yet. I would be wicked pissed myself if they are keeping all that oil money to themselves

I meant to solid oil venture
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SEFAGO(m): 7:06pm On Dec 28, 2009
There is no need wasting valuable time trying to lecture that neophyte called SEFAGO. Just because his/her high-school teacher commended his/her high-school project as "brilliant", he/she thinks his/her tiny pea-sized brain is larger than Olumo Rock. Imagine such a charlatan claiming a large vocabulary but ignorant of the English word "contrarian". Nonsense!

Hello there. Your contribution was quite inspiring. I am ignorant but who isn't? It is good I learn now than be a fool forever.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by RichyBlacK(m): 7:08pm On Dec 28, 2009
SEFAGO:

Hello there. Your contribution was quite inspiring. I am ignorant but who isn't? It is good I learn now than be a fool forever.

Yeah, but put the brakes on that your irritating smugness - makes you an easy target!
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by mekusxxx: 7:10pm On Dec 28, 2009
Sefago,

I have in the past posted a link to show that every region of Nigeria has a lot to offer. That was data from Raw Material Research and Developmet Council (RMRDC). However, the last time I checked, the website had some problem (typical anything Nigerian) and that data was no longer available. If I recall, Beef also posted that link sometime after.

For example, as we speak, precious stones are being mined in Oyo state with no obvious remittances to the FGN, whereas oil from other states are shared with Oyo. Same goes for gold in the North. So, Mr Sefago, you appear to be a COMPLETE neophyte in Nigeria's socio-economic matters. That is much obvious with your tortous (sp) arguments.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Beaf: 7:11pm On Dec 28, 2009
SEFAGO:

Ok found it. Interesting - But this is R&grin no oil found yet. I would be wicked pissed myself if they are keeping all that oil money to themselves

I meant to solid oil venture

Some questions to help;
Has the North not already set up 100% resource control for themselves, why are they cheating us?
Who signs for oil blocks in the ND, is it private companies or FG?
What do you think will happen when oil is found (after "R&grin"wink?
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by Onlytruth(m): 7:16pm On Dec 28, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Yeah, but put the brakes on that your irritating smugness - makes you an easy target!

Welcome back Richyblack. You were missed.
Re: Open Letter To Seun And Politics Section Moderator(s) by SapeleGuy: 7:17pm On Dec 28, 2009
Beaf:

Some questions to help;
Has the North not already set up 100% resource control for themselves, why are they cheating us?
Who signs for oil blocks in the ND, is it private companies or FG?
What do you think will happen when oil is found (after "R&grin"wink?
^^^Thank you.
Oya Sefago over to you. You 'detribalised nigerians' are unable to grasp the harsh realities. These people are cheating everybody else.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12)

Governor Ayo Fayose Preaching In A Church (Video, Photos) / Most Of Tinubu’s Appointments Favour Southwest Region - HURIWA / Tinubu, Akande, Oyegun Congratulate Ambode (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.