Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,909 members, 7,828,189 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Federal Republic Of South Nigeria - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Republic Of South Nigeria (19658 Views)

Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria / Photos Of South African Troops In Maiduguri ? / Drama As Tambuwal Joins Federal Republic Of Nigeria Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Eziachi: 2:21am On Jan 05, 2010
ndu_chucks:

How do you all propose to reorganize the millitary after this new country is actualized?  Will the Navy and all its current resources be garnished by the Republic of South Nigeria?

What about the Nigerian Army and Airforce, how do we share all the weaponry, armunition, and other resources?

Let's hear your ideas.
Easy and very simple. We will ask the former 15 former Soviet republics and now independent nations, how they shared it without a gun short and if you not satisfied, there is Czech and Slovakians to ask too, as to how they did it with the old Czechoslovakia.
It is not an exercise that has never been doe before in the history of the world.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Eziachi: 2:34am On Jan 05, 2010
grafikdon:

This is actually a good idea. Very workable. Any "South Nigeria" with the capital in Igbo or Yoruba dominated area is unacceptable (No room for the condescending WAZOBIA nonsense). Also like Sapeleguy stated, you only get 5 yrs to make a difference, after that you have to step aside, no more "second term" . The name "Nigeria" should be dropped and replaced with something else, as long as it has no connection to Igbo or Yoruba.

Good idea my ass!
After leaving Nigeria, you want another cheating, cunning marriage again? Over our dead body. This time every man to his own, whatever any new nation has, let him learn how to manage it.
We are constantly reminded how you lot has glorious history of empires, but once anything break-up is mentioned, scheming of all sorts of new marriage will start.
What is wrong, you being on your own?
After joining hand with the north to kill millions of us for the same purpose you are now advocating, you wants us to join you in another crooked mini-Nigeria. God forbid. You guys really think that we are fools in Biafra.
Chineke Ekwela
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by grafikdon: 3:09am On Jan 05, 2010
Eziachi:

Good idea my backside!
After leaving Nigeria, you want another cheating, cunning marriage again? Over our dead body. This time every man to his own, whatever any new nation has, let him learn how to manage it.
We are constantly reminded how you lot has glorious history of empires, but once anything break-up is mentioned, scheming of all sorts of new marriage  will start.
What is wrong, you being on your own?
After joining hand with the north to kill millions of us for the same purpose you are now advocating, you wants us to join you in another crooked mini-Nigeria. God forbid. You guys really think that we are fools in Biafra.
Chineke Ekwela

Nwanne jirikwe nwayoo ka ofe roro aro zue onye obuna    shocked shocked shocked  grin  The highlighted is not applicable to me, considering my father was a Biafran Officer.

I have never been evasive in my perception of Nigeria; an abominable colonial contraption, the most artificial country on the planet, the country with the largest concentration of dubious spineless hypocrites who want to go to haven without embracing the reality of death (I am not excluding myself here). In a nutshell, we are in this cesspit because we chose to. It is not about the "elites'', unless someone is telling me the so called elites "holding us down" were imported from another universe. However, the situation is not entirely hopeless because we have options.

We can pretend everything is smooth, embrace the status quo and vehemently repress those who cry for change. We can be honest and admit things are not working and figure a way out this stifling quagmire of retrogression and despondency or we can split up and go our separate ways, even if it means splitting into 10 countries or more (To your tents oh Israel). These are options and it is up to us to decide which way to steer the bus.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Mekusxyz: 3:12am On Jan 05, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Well done, very workable.

A couple of minor observations, I believe you limit growth by specifying economic capitals, business and trade will naturally flow to the most conducive environment.
The only other suggestion is that you move to 1 term of 5 years because our people haven't come to terms with losing elections after the first term. That way you get 1 shot and no return.

Of course, the regional economic capital thing is not cast in stone; but the regional political capitals could be. You are also right about the term limit. One term seems ok and will remove the craze for second term. Could be one term of 6 years though, to give enough time for consolidation.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Beaf: 3:30am On Jan 05, 2010
Mekusxyz: An ideal workable option:

Republic of southern Nigeria with capital in Benin (reasonably central and devoid of domination by the two major ethnic groups in the south)
Regional capitals in Enugu, Ibadan and Calabar
Regional economic capitals in Lagos, Onitsha/Nnewi and Port Harcourt
Rotational presidency after 2 terms of 3 years. To be constitutionalized
Dead or incapacitated president to be replaced by person from same region (to be contitutionalized)
No states: three regions only-SW,SS and SE (or whetever)
Each region can divide their region as they deem fit. No federal allocation to sub-divisions, however.
50%-75% resource control; 50%-25% to the fed govt.
no quota system in employment and educational opportunities

What is the criteria for choosing regional and economic capitals? You have left a huge swathe from Yenegoa, Ughelli, through Warri and Benin without any capitals.
In my opinion, it would be best to have a capital and let business flow like water to find its level. Let each area be autonomous to an agreed degree, but never the unitary crap we have in Nigeria. The concept of autonomy will be useful to keep minorities interested in the union.

Rotational presidency should also be thrown out the window, all we need do is practice true federalism; let the centre be useful for policy standards, foreign engagements and the power to declare war. Everything should be done by merit.
The policy standards that the centre can deal with will need to be mutually agreeable, but they must not act to stunt or hold back any region.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Mekusxyz: 3:32am On Jan 05, 2010
Katsumoto:

I was the one that reported that thread to Kosovo but he didn't delete. Instead he moved it to the tribalism section. You can confirm with Kosovo, he will back me up on that. I have opened only one thread on this forum and I questioned the basis of having a tribalism section.

So if one Yoruba guys opens a thread attacking Igbos, you will retaliate on behalf of all Igbos? You are so clever and mature.

If Igbos are attacked, it bothers on me directly because I am Igbo, which confers on me the natural right to react. That is the simple logic your small head refuses to understand. If other Igbos want to sit and watch, that is their problem. You claim to have reported the thread to Kosovo but you did not caution the mad dog Olu directly. In my case, you will open your bigoted mouth to lament. Shame on you.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by eyesonyou: 3:40am On Jan 05, 2010
Eziachi:

Igbo voted massively for Abiola in 1993, Obasanjo in 1999, and Tofa in 1993, to you that are not enough. What you should have tell us, is any election that the Yoruba nation had voted massively for a non-Yoruba when their own is a candidate in that election? The answer is none and never.

In 1979 all members or 100% of Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Oyo houses of assembly are UPN because they considered it a Yoruba party.
However, in Imo house of assembly, NPP has the majority, but NPN has substantive number, GNPP has five members, UPN 2 and PRP 1.
In addition, Anambra was 60%-40percentage between NPP and NPN.

If you wanted practice democracy, which of the parts will dream to practices it? The one that one party won 100 percent or the one that is evenly mixed? Its funny, people are accusing PDP of introducing one party system, but we knew where it originated.

You conveniently forgot that Zik was elected as a member of the Lagos Legislative Council in 1947 and 1952?
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Mekusxyz: 3:43am On Jan 05, 2010
Beaf:

Rotational presidency after 2 terms of 3 years. To be constitutionalized
Dead or incapacitated president to be replaced by person from same region (to be contitutionalized)
No states: three regions only-SW,SS and SE (or whetever)
Each region can divide their region as they deem fit. No federal allocation to sub-divisions, however.
50%-75% resource control; 50%-25% to the fed govt.
no quota system in employment and educational opportunities

What is the criteria for choosing regional and economic capitals? You have left a huge swathe from Yenegoa, Ughelli, through Warri and Benin without any capitals.
In my opinion, it would be best to have a capital and let business flow like water to find its level. Let each area be autonomous to an agreed degree, but never the unitary crap we have in Nigeria.

Rotational presidency should also be thrown out the window, all we need do is practice true federalism; let the centre be useful for policy standards, foreign engagements and the power to declare war. Everything should be done by merit.
The policy standards that the centre can deal with will need to be mutually agreeable, but they must not act to stunt or hold back any region.

Thanks. I have reponded to Sapele guy on the regional economic capitals characterization. However you need regional political capitals because you cannot administer a country only from the federal capital. Each of the current states in Nigeria has a capital.
Benin is my proposed federal capital and that choice overcompensates the western axis of the SS for the regional capitals in Enugu and Ibadan. The Cross River/Akawa Ibom axis deserves the regional capital for the SS. If we agree that we do not need regional economic capitals, then Warri, Yenagoa etc can blossom and grow at their different paces.

Rotational presidency is at the heart of the Igbo quest for justice and equity. Any attempt to remove it will, I predict, be resisted by (99% of Igbos.) There is merit within the regions and you cannot convince anyone otherwise. Moreover, it is in the interest of the minorities that the Igbo and Yoruba do not dominate the leadership, like the hausa, and to a lesser extent the Yoruba, are currently doing.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by trueword: 4:04am On Jan 05, 2010
grafikdon:

Nwanne jirikwe nwayoo ka ofe roro aro zue onye obuna   shocked shocked shocked  grin  The highlighted is not applicable to me, considering my father was a Biafran Officer.

I have never been evasive in my perception of Nigeria; an abominable colonial contraption, the most artificial country on the planet, the country with the largest concentration of dubious spineless hypocrites who want to go to haven without embracing the reality of death (I am not excluding myself here). In a nutshell, we are in this cesspit because we chose to. It is not about the "elites'', unless someone is telling me the so called elites "holding us down" were imported from another universe. However, the situation is not entirely hopeless because we have options.

We can pretend everything is smooth, embrace the status quo and vehemently repress those who cry for change. We can be honest and admit things are not working and figure a way out this stifling quagmire of retrogression and despondency or we can split up and go our separate ways, even if it means splitting into 10 countries or more (To your tents oh Israel). These are options and it is up to us to decide which way to steer the bus.

I agree that if Nigerians really wanted to get rid of these fools that are destroying the country, we could. We have a population of around 140 million. But the problem is unity. We need to somehow be united  and forget about regional and tribal differences in the quest for the betterment of all. I think that if Nigerians fought and died for independence, then politicians would fear the action of the people if they mess up, but right now they don't and feel that they can do as they please.

If southern nigeria were to separate from the north, fighting for the separation and winning may do more to unite the Federal Republic of South Nigeria and prevent evildoers to do to the new country what is currently being done to Nigeria than if some treaty was signed with the north to secede. But if a peaceful separation can still bring southern unity then thats great also.

If we southerners are really serious about forming the country of southern Nigeria then we need to start doing things like organizing rallies to bring attention to it. Rallies should be especially be held abroad, where we can get a lot of media attention. If for instance, in the U.S. ,rallies could be held on the West/East coast and central zone, it could catch the attention of high level officials that may also agree with the idea. These officials can maybe then offer their assistance to lobby the idea to those than can help make the cessation happen.

Also the idea that Nigerians are too afraid to die in some war fighting for a cause is not completely true because we did have a civil war in the late 1960's where people fought and died for what they believed in. I think there will those that will be willing to fight while others will be using their brain for tactics.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 4:13am On Jan 05, 2010
Mekusxyz:

[b]Rotational presidency is at the heart of the Igbo quest for justice and equity. Any attempt to remove it will, I predict, be resisted by (99% of Igbos.) [/b]There is merit within the regions and you cannot convince anyone otherwise. Moreover, it is in the interest of the minorities that the Igbo and Yoruba do not dominate the leadership, like the hausa, and to a lesser extent the Yoruba, are currently doing.

Bro Mekus I need to properly qualify the bolded statement (before people misunderstand you). The Igbo believe in merit based appointments and would prefer a merit based system to any form of selection. Rotational presidency is a form of selection and can fly in the face of merit. However, I think that the Igbo would support this rotational thing on ad hoc basis, (i.e. until a popular merit based election system for presidency is enthroned). I for one don't give a rat's a.s.s if a section of the country produced all presidents.

My frustration is that even African countries which experienced racial segregation regimes in the past have better infrastructure than Nigeria. So, to calm minority suspicion and anxiety, yes the Igbo would support a rotational presidency of sorts till things stabilize. We really need the best managers from any section of the new country to man things. To do otherwise would be to repeat the mistakes of the status quo.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Mekusxyz: 4:21am On Jan 05, 2010
In addition to my above proposal, I also advocate for a regional police force. + one central military command (overall h/q in the fed capital), with Navy regional h/q based in one region, army regional h/q based in another, and airforce regional h/q based in the last region.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Mekusxyz: 4:26am On Jan 05, 2010
Onlytruth:

Bro Mekus I need to properly qualify the bolded statement (before people misunderstand you). The Igbo believe in merit based appointments and would prefer a merit based system to any form of selection. Rotational presidency is a form of selection and can fly in the face of merit. However, I think that the Igbo would support this rotational thing on ad hoc basis, (i.e. until a popular merit based election system for presidency is enthroned). I for one don't give a rat's a.s.s if a section of the country produced all presidents.

My frustration is that even African countries which experienced racial segregation regimes in the past have better infrastructure than Nigeria. So, to calm minority suspicion and anxiety, yes the Igbo would support a rotational presidency of sorts till things stabilize. We really need the best managers from any section of the new country to man things. To do otherwise would be to repeat the mistakes of the status quo.

Are you implying that you cannot get merit within the different regions? How is Switzerland coping with the rotational presidency thing? I have advocated for it in the curreny system, and it will be hypocritical of me not to continue with that advocacy in a new outh Nigeria, based merely on the FACT that in a NEW south Nigeria, Igbos will automatically assume a befitting political status as a majority tribe. Rotational presidency will help the minorities taste power and contribute to national development in an equitable way. There is no region without competent persons.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 4:41am On Jan 05, 2010
Mekusxyz:

Are you implying that you cannot get merit within the different regions? How is Switzerland coping with the rotational presidency thing? I have advocated for it in the curreny system, and it will be hypocritical of me not to continue with that advocacy in a new outh Nigeria, based merely on the FACT that in a NEW south Nigeria, Igbos will automatically assume a befitting political status as a majority tribe. Rotational presidency will help the minorities taste power and contribute to national development in an equitable way. There is no region without competent persons.

We are really saying the same thing in a way -calming minority fears is paramount. I however add that a merit based system should ultimately replace it because a successful federalism is based on "spirit" rather than laws (like the great Ikemba said). To suppress the political ambition of an "Obama"  just because it is not the turn of his section of the country to produce the president appears too much like what we have now.
Even minorities won't care about the president's region provided we overtake South Africa as Africa's top country.
So, the spirit must be that of merit because every southern region can produce an Obama in a new dispensation. The more we see ourselves as one and the same, the better for the new country. I want a country where we can all identify with every inch of it and defend it with our blood. It is all in the spirit.
I know I may be dreaming, but hey who says dreams never happened. grin
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by sjeezy8: 5:06am On Jan 05, 2010
hmm Federal Republic Of South Nigeria NO . . . .

But Nigeria as a whole sounds dammn good.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 5:08am On Jan 05, 2010
Residency is the next issue. I support an arrangement that confers full or permanent residency after a number of years-e.g. 2 years. After that, you qualify for elections and all other benefits enjoyed by everyone else from the region. This system will help unite the country more.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by becomrich16: 5:24am On Jan 05, 2010
Mekusxyz, now you have already eliminated the yorubas and the unfair system we do not want in nigeria. that is what you want so you think , we would want to continue an unfair system?

Ezeachi , you were talking of Itsekiri, look you visit this itsekiri website, And do you know that the itsekiri and ilaje are nearly the same. Is Ilaje too not yoruba Here is the Itseriki music from that website. Take that music to ondo state and people would tell you the meaning of the song. what does that tell you. And look we would not form a country that would not resolve our problem.
Our need most be address. And by the nonsense you are written, you are a selfish person who is so focus on your ethnics group. Who told you we have not made arrangment with the Benin republic to join them. You people are going to be with the north, the way you are going. You do not decide for us, we decide for ourself. What pays us and not you. And you are selfish and self centre. The capital if you must have must be in the centre. And I have show you. It is in Ondo state. You take it or leave it. If you dont agree, You would go with the north.
And we would never agree to rotation. and if you do not agree with that you are going with the north. you better agree now. The capitAL stays in ondo and no rotation. if you dont agree , you are going to go with the north. if you doubt me. it is democracy. Take that from me.

http://itsekiri.org

http://itsekiri.org/files/common/mediaplayer-3-16/playlist.xml
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Mekusxyz: 5:27am On Jan 05, 2010
becomrich;:

Mekusxyz, now you have already eliminated the yorubas and the unfair system we do not want in nigeria. that is what you want so you think , we would want to continue an unfair system?

How did small, inconsequential me manage to achieve that? Care to explain further? Thanks.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 5:40am On Jan 05, 2010
becomrich;:

Ezeachi , you were talking of Itsekiri, look you visit this itsekiri website, And do you know that the itsekiri and ilaje are nearly the same. Is Ilaje too not yoruba   Here is the Itseriki music from that website. Take that music to ondo state and people would tell you the meaning of the song.  what does that tell you.   And look we would not form a country that would not resolve our problem.
Our need most be address. And by the nonsense you are written, you are a selfish person who is so focus on your ethnics group. Who told you we have not made arrangment with the Benin republic  to join them.  You people are going to be with the north, the way you are going. You do not decide for us, we decide for ourself. What pays us and not you. And you are selfish and self centre. The capital if you must have must be in the centre. And I have show you. It is in Ondo state. You take it or leave it. If you dont agree, Y[b]ou would go with the north[/b].
And we would never agree to rotation. and if you do not agree with that you are going with the north. you better agree now. The capitAL stays in ondo and no rotation. if you dont agree , you are going to go with the north. if you doubt me. it is democracy.  Take that from me.

http://itsekiri.org

http://itsekiri.org/files/common/mediaplayer-3-16/playlist.xml

A real raving lun.a.ti.c grin
You develop high fever because someone expressed his opinion, but you dare open your gap about other regions without any qualms. Your line of reasoning marks you out as an atavistic treacherous mud.a.fukcer!
I hope your yoruba folks here whip you in line. Else, this your brand will stick with your people. Inoki.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Mekusxyz: 5:46am On Jan 05, 2010
Becomerich, you are probably a Yoruba demi-god. But that is where your sphere of influence ends. If you cross Ore, your legs will be ''caught'' (note caught in quotes) off.  grin grin

Go and form your own country (Republic of Becomrich)
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 5:47am On Jan 05, 2010
I hope people here realize that this whole discussion is hypothetical and all we are doing is find the fault-lines and go from there. It constitutes a tissue of i.di,ocy for anyone to assume that a southern Nigeria is cast on iron. We are only putting ideas forward; and when next anyone puts forward any idea, he/she should please back it up with logic or facts. Thank you!
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by SapeleGuy: 7:38am On Jan 05, 2010
As has been stated the rotational aspect helps to build consensus and unity. Much as we would all like the scourge of ethnic prejudice to vanish from our society, it hasn't. A rotational President is about partnership working and an admition that a 'winner takes all' approach is not good for a multi ethnic society.

As for the messiah or an Obama coming through, I would rather put faith in strengthening our institutions, manifestos & policy making, afterall, these messiahs come once in a lifetime, it could be a long wait.

I must confess that I would prefer 3-4 nations to come out of southern Nigeria, however in politics pragmatism is needed, so take it easy with the 'over your dead body' rhetoric. 'Dis nah naija, dem go march that body pass'

With the autonomy that comes with this model, I believe it will be the first step in a 'phased withdrawal' from this colonial contraption.

More importantly, it gives the south uniformity of purpose to bury previous grievances and achieve a common goal for the greater good (remember the north & sharia), each region can hold a referendum later on to leave or remain after a set period.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 8:20am On Jan 05, 2010
@becomerich.i dont get why you are scared of rotational presidency.you faulted Benin being capital too.Could it be that you suffer from superiority complex.if this is your belief,i wonder how the edo,delta,bayelsa,ilajes and ijaws in ondo would accept joining your benin republic.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 8:20am On Jan 05, 2010
@becomerich.i dont get why you are scared of rotational presidency.you faulted Benin being capital too.Could it be that you suffer from superiority complex.if this is your belief,i wonder how the edo,delta,bayelsa,ilajes and ijaws in ondo would accept joining your benin republic.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Beaf: 9:14am On Jan 05, 2010
Abagworo:

Join wetin! Only becomerich and his family will relocate to Cotonou. grin
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Afam(m): 9:37am On Jan 05, 2010
SapeleGuy:

I must confess that I would prefer 3-4 nations to come out of southern Nigeria, however in politics pragmatism is needed, so take it easy with the 'over your dead body' rhetoric. 'Dis nah naija, dem go march that body pass'

Why stop at 3-4 nations when we have about 250 ethnic nationalities?

Don't you think that those ethnic nationalities that will be in the minority will not complain? Why not accommodate all the ethnic nationalities even if it means having 150 nations?

Now, the questions above happen to be in line with all your comments about minority/majority in Nigeria and I am shocked that you have suddenly abandoned that line of thought just because you feel that with a 3-4 nation scenario you will conveniently become a majority ethnic nationality and lord over those in the minority.

Let us be consistent in our positions and stop taking sides just to suit our selfish ends.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by nduchucks: 12:39pm On Jan 05, 2010
grafikdon:

Nwanne jirikwe nwayoo ka ofe roro aro zue onye obuna    shocked shocked shocked  grin  The highlighted is not applicable to me, considering my father was a Biafran Officer.

I have never been evasive in my perception of Nigeria; an abominable colonial contraption, the most artificial country on the planet, the country with the largest concentration of dubious spineless hypocrites who want to go to haven without embracing the reality of death (I am not excluding myself here). In a nutshell, we are in this cesspit because we chose to. It is not about the "elites'' , unless someone is telling me the so called elites "holding us down" were imported from another universe. However, the situation is not entirely hopeless because we have options.

Someone finally mentiond the "elites holding us down". Er, for this new nation of yours to become a reality, you must first wrestle political and economic power from the so-called elite and mobilize the masses against them.

What are your realistic plans of doing these things? How do you plan to chase the likes of OBJ, IBB, Ibori, Tinubu, Ojukwu, Kalu, Soludo, and others, who do no share your vision, out of the country. These people will fight you to the end to prevent you from your dream of Southern Nigeria.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by ravenzord(m): 1:11pm On Jan 05, 2010
Nigeria's problem is not a Northern/ Southern problem,it's a leadership problem; East or West, North or South, our leaders are corrupt. Name one state in the South where the governors aren't embezzling money and I'll go join a monastery. Formation of a Southern Nigeria would just be passing our chains from one slave master to another. What Nigeria needs is for Nigerians to stop being such complacent sissies and revolt,cos there really is no other way.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by SapeleGuy: 1:36pm On Jan 05, 2010
Afam:

Why stop at 3-4 nations when we have about 250 ethnic nationalities?

Don't you think that those ethnic nationalities that will be in the minority will not complain? Why not accommodate all the ethnic nationalities even if it means having 150 nations?

Now, the questions above happen to be in line with all your comments about minority/majority in Nigeria and I am shocked that you have suddenly abandoned that line of thought just because you feel that with a 3-4 nation scenario you will conveniently become a majority ethnic nationality and lord over those in the minority.
Let us be consistent in our positions and stop taking sides just to suit our selfish ends.

Your post appears to be very confused. I shall offer you some clarity. First of all don't confuse ethnic group/nationality with language and dialect or even state creation, you have close to 7 languages and even more dialects in the Edo ethnic group (Ishan, Orah, Afemai etc) but it is still 1 group. Just as Igbo have many dialects but it is still 1 ethnic group. The modalities can be easily worked out.

Your dogged objections to inclusion imply you do not respect the ethos of consensus, consultation and more importantly are of the erroneous belief that some ethnic groups are more important than others.

I maintain that every ethnic group must take part in a sovereign national conference as an equal partner. I believe in justice and equality for all, If that is your definition of selfishness, fine.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by 9jii(m): 1:56pm On Jan 05, 2010
U need a job gaga or a real one.n u should know that b4 this can happen million of mama n papa + bro n sis has to gone in the south.heartless ungrateful southern man.sorry but i will do anything to prevent civil war.but if u talk of separation in peace i will only call u southern man.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Afam(m): 1:59pm On Jan 05, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Your post appears to be very confused. I shall offer you some clarity. First of all don't confuse ethnic group/nationality with language and dialect or even state creation, you have close to 7 languages and even more dialects in the Edo ethnic group (Ishan, Orah, Afemai etc) but it is still 1 group. Just as Igbo have many dialects but it is still 1 ethnic group. The modalities can be easily worked out.

Your dogged objections to inclusion imply you do not respect the ethos of consensus, consultation and more importantly are of the erroneous belief that some ethnic groups are more important than others.

I maintain that every ethnic group must take part in a sovereign national conference as an equal partner. I believe in justice and equality for all, If that is your definition of selfishness, fine.

You see how you have been contradicting yourself up and down?

Why not allow the over 250 ethnic nationalities to decide if they want to be part of any group you ascribe to them? Why deny them that right to choose?

The issue of an ethnic group being more important than others is your own issue because it seems that is what you have been implying whereas on the other hand I am clamoring for complete inclusion and participation regardless of the number but it seems this will not help what you prefer.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by becomrich16: 3:54pm On Jan 05, 2010
You igboboy. you are all igbo. what about other people. and if you visit that itsekiri website, it says ugbajo itsekiri. go and ask what ugbajo mean in yoruba. it is the samething in itsekiri. ugbajo itsekiri. i am in canada, it means the meeting or association of itsekiri people.

i notice all of you are from the same ethnic group igboboys. another thing if benin republic is not part of it, we yorubas are not interested. You heard or read the oni of ife says we are holding a meeting in Benin republic. We have our own plans. We are ready to make the north majority. I can tell you some key element in the north are ready to use thier network to make the north majority. With your selfish ideas , it look like you may end up with the north. so you want to carry forward the selfishness from nigeria. rotation. spanner ni. what about having every human been a human and not seen from thier ethnics group? the tribalism we are trying to run away?

continue with yourself ideas.

benin city is an old town. we want a modern city like abuja. and omilafara is the centre, closer to benin city than any yoruba capital less than 45 minute from benin city. the next town to omilafara is in edo state .

look at this satellite image and explain what justice your nonsense idea of rotation. or do you want me to place them against ibadan for you to get the point.

have you heard of the bible verse do unto others what you want them to do unto you. You are a heartless person. even The uhrobo people are more populated than some of your state. The itsekiri in Delta state too . So what are you talking about. The selfishness you display in nigeria. the tribalism of nigeria. I told you, we have our own plan. Benin republic. Anything that doesnot include Benin republic is not acceptable to us.

Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Eziachi: 5:53pm On Jan 05, 2010
@Becomerich,

You have the addiction to talking rubbish. Itshekiri word sound similar to some Yoruba word, therefore, Itshekiri is Yoruba and you also want me to go and listen to an Itshekiri music to confirm your mindless theory.  So because IK Dairo or Fatai Rolling Dollar sounds like David Bull or professional Seagulls of port harcourt, therefore Dairo or Fatai and now both from River state?

@grafikdon
Refer me to the referendum or peoples constitution we voted to form the cesspit that you referred?
The same people that join to kill us to keep one Nigeria are now running around trying to form another useless marriage and you did not ask them why? Why the sudden turn around?
People like you will never learn. 
Leaving Nigeria and forming another melting point of fighting cage, rebranded as south Nigeria is not only foolish, but also mindless nonsense. We do not want rotational presidency, no more quota anything, every man to his own house. When you go home whatever you have, you will have the brain now to manage it. Use whatever you have to bargain what you do not have that others had.

Those always clamouring for one marriage or another knew their hidden agenda.  If you said previously that you are so good and better than anyone else in education, business/commerce, agriculture, human resources etc, well it is now time to display and showcase it in your own new domain and let the world see. Japan was not running around to form a country with Korea just because they physically look alike or they are geographical neighbours.
As I said, when they eventually ran Nigeria to the ground; every man will go back to pre 1914.
We are nobody's fool.
Only a total fool will fall for the same trick twice, even when you are blindfolded.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Payment Of N5000 To Unemployed Will Be Very Difficult - FG / Nigerians Shun Obasanjo’s Coalition For Nigeria - Daily Trust / Amotekun Member Detained For Allegedly Shooting Police Officer In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.