Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,861 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Federal Republic Of South Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Republic Of South Nigeria (19616 Views)

Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria / Photos Of South African Troops In Maiduguri ? / Drama As Tambuwal Joins Federal Republic Of Nigeria Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by waleshakur: 8:06am On Dec 31, 2009
I would suggest Lagos since it represents the diversisity of our populus, but the Hausas there should be deported home
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by ibro911(m): 8:15am On Dec 31, 2009
waleshakur:

I would suggest Lagos since it represents the diversisity of our populus, but the Hausas there should be deported home
@waleshakur,
who the f@ck is this hypocrite pr*ck??
thanks to NL, we can see your previous posts.his previous posts:

''The whole of the North needs to be stripped and caged and isolated. then the US should be invited to bomb the whole place. All hausas should die there. they are the scourge of Naija and islam''-Today at 05:54:15 AM

''Deaath to the Babangidas and their muslim focker followers. All you naija people looking to shed tears are no better than battered wives who run back to their husbands. We need their assets seized and their souls flayed for an inteest of 1000 years in hell for each injustice''-Today at 03:00:11 AM

''they should freeze giving visas to muslim northern naijas immediately at least for the next 10 years''-Today at 05:59:53 AM

and he later posts:
How dare you insult Islam!!! We should execute righteous vengeance of bloodshed for our holiness. you will all feel our wrath!!!!!!!!!We are the righteous ones you infidels. The noth shall flood the south and its kfirs with blood!!!!!!!!-Today at 04:20:02 AM

and in a thread that says 'who are the terrorists?'', he posts:
these guys, the muslims -Today at 02:27:42 AM

first you act like you're against the hausas and you later act like you're supporting.then you act like youre a muslim and act like you're against
looks like you've been up all night acting like a b@stard.

@MODERATOR, this guy should be banned asap and the posts deleted. he's going to cause nothing but trouble
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by adagz01(m): 8:46am On Dec 31, 2009
100% supported! gbam.this is what i have been looking forward to see.i love that example about obj and atiku.if it were a southern man who holds the presidency and eventually falls ill,and the vc is is an hausa,it would have been an history.its high time we stand up for complete sovereignty.let our southern leaders stand up together and make a formal declaration to the United Nations,U.S and to the whole world
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by OAM4J: 8:58am On Dec 31, 2009
Interesting. At least let the dream start. Reality might set in later. Who knows.

Quick suggestions:

The name Nigeria should not reflect at all, I suggest UNITED STATES OF GREENLAND, or just GREENLAND, or  OCEANLAND  (after the atlantic ocean)

The green color is ok but should be married with another colour  like black, or blue (blue for the ocean, black for black people / the black crudel, green for vegetatation and white for peace )

The people of Kwara, Kogi and Benue will decide on their own if they want to join the south or go with the north

Our first official language will be pidgin english, follow by the Standard english

Let the dream begin.  grin
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Kx: 9:02am On Dec 31, 2009
OAM4J:

Interesting. At least let the dream start. Reality might set in later. Who knows.
The name Nigeria should not reflect at all, I suggest UNITED STATES OF GREENLAND, or just GREENLAND, or OCEANLAND (after the atlantic ocean)
Let the dream begin. grin

Oceanland makes "more brain",I can say that,at least pidgin will be the lingua franca.
Color,blue black green.abokis can use the green whit green.
Just like Marthin Luther's dream,this could come true some day soon.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by adagz01(m): 10:00am On Dec 31, 2009
lets perfect our strategies and how to execute our plans before we think of giving our new country a name.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by olabukola: 10:10am On Dec 31, 2009
From frying pan to fire.
What about resource control.?
What about the ibos and pa awo?

It wont work. Itz either One Nigeria or Diff nations(Odua,Arewa and Biafra/ Niger Delta)
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by metalgong5(m): 10:17am On Dec 31, 2009
God forbid!! . . . . . My people and I will never be in a Union with those that fought against Biafra.
All the ethnic regions should break out and form their own republic . . . .Some thing like Oduduwa republic, Niger Delta republic et cetera

It should be a case of "To your tents oh Isreal".
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by chidichris(m): 10:39am On Dec 31, 2009
It can work,Igbos and Yorubas can unite.

God forbid u and ur idea.
i will prefer a unity between the igbos and the devil and that of the obasanjos.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by publisher(m): 11:26am On Dec 31, 2009
All this talk about Igbos not going with Yorubas or Efiks not gelling with Igbos etc, its not necessary. The various ethnic groups in South Nigeria DONT have to like each other to become a nation. Americans dont necessary love jews but jewish Americans remain a great source of development in their land. The main thrust of a federal republic of South Nigeria is healthy competition and cooperation. If Yorubas and Igbos are engaged in a healthy competition,this will lead to their respective regions developing faster. Unlike what we have in present day Nigeria where instead of the North competing with the south,they do everything in their power to slow us down.
Imagine a federal republic of South Nigeria,with industrial power-houses like Lagos-mega city,Onitsha,Shagamu,Aba,Ibadan, Nnewi,Calabars' Tinapa,Warri etc.
Most Nigerian dont know this but the north frustrated the take-off of Tinapa because that project had the potential to truly revolutionize the entire landscape of the south-south region.
What we need is to have a viable constitution that gives equal rights to all South Nigerians regardless of their ethnic groups. We must modernise our thinking and ensure that our constitution caters for the need of every South Nigerian regardless of where they come from. Political positions will be open to all,competence will be the bench mark.
As for the name 'Nigeria',i think brand Nigeria,whether we like it or not has grown into our consciousness. Besides i kinda like the name 'Nigeria'.
Finally,on the long run,there maybe a desire to reintegrate with northern Nigeria,but this time it will be on our own terms one of which will be atleast 60% literacy level amongst northerners.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by adagz01(m): 11:28am On Dec 31, 2009
how can we really unite,when the igbos says they cant unite with a yoruba?its even the N"delta that is supposed to be dictating this because of their resourses and their current anticipation for freedom.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Katsumoto: 11:56am On Dec 31, 2009
publisher:

All this talk about Igbos not going with Yorubas or Efiks not gelling with Igbos etc, its not necessary. The various ethnic groups in South Nigeria DONT have to like each other to become a nation. Americans dont necessary love jews but jewish Americans remain a great source of development in their land. The main exert of a federal republic of South Nigeria is healthy competition and cooperation. If Yorubas and Igbos are engaged in a healthy competition,this will lead to their respective regions developing faster. Unlike what we have in present day Nigeria where instead of the North competing with the south,they do everything in their power to slow us down.
Imagine a federal republic of South Nigeria,with industrial power-houses like Lagos-mega city,Onitsha,Shagamu,Aba,Ibadan, Nnewi,Calabars' Tinapa,Warri etc.
Most Nigerian dont know this but the north frustrated the take-off of Tinapa because that project had the potential to truly revolutionize the entire landscape of the south-south region.
What we need is to have a viable constitution that gives equal rights to all South Nigerians regardless of their ethnic groups. We must modernise our thinking and ensure that our constitution caters for the need of every South Nigerian regardless of where they come from. Political positions will be open to all,competence will be the bench mark.
As for the name 'Nigeria',i think brand Nigeria,whether we like it or not has grown into our consciousness. Besides i kinda like the name 'Nigeria'.
Finally,on the long run,there maybe a desire to reintegrate with northern Nigeria,but this time it will be on our own terms one of which will be atleast 60% literacy level amongst northerners.

I believe that could be true. Healthy competition is good.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by tunnytox(m): 12:07pm On Dec 31, 2009
continue to dream about this Republic of Southern Nigeria of yours, grin grin grin, even if Nigeria divide along family lines its not going to solve our problems until we fight this evil monster among us which is CORRUPTION and re-orientate ourselves to forget all these 'big boys' and 'big men' mentality nothing progressive is going to happen.

Perpetual complaints against north is just a way of diverting our attention from the main thing, have we bother to ask ourselves how all the Billions in allocation from the Federal government are being spent by our leaders in the south?, this does not exclude yorubas, Ibos, Ijaws, efiks, Urobos, etc Tell me if we still have these same leaders in your proposed Southern Nigeria how can there be progress?

Nigeria is being looted on daily basis right from the local government through to the Federal government and all parastatals. In many local governments and even the one in your backyard (@poster) can you point to any major development in the past years? nothing! do they have any functioning departments? NO

Here in the UK you'll be amazed at how much money each borough (equivalent to Local government in Nigeria) have as a budget for each child and their families, lets confront our main problems which are CORRUPTION, SELF CENTREDNESS, GREEDINESS, BIG BOYS AND BIG MEN'S ATTITUDE, without this we'll only going to be treating the symptoms rather than the the main ailment
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 31, 2009
[size=15pt]THERE ARE YORUBAS IN KWARA AND PARTS OF KOGI STATE. WOT A MAP[/size]
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Katsumoto: 12:29pm On Dec 31, 2009
tunnytox:

continue to dream about this Republic of Southern Nigeria of yours, grin grin grin, even if Nigeria divide along family lines its not going to solve our problems until we fight this evil monster among us which is CORRUPTION and re-orientate ourselves to forget all these 'big boys' and 'big men' mentality nothing progressive is going to happen.

Perpetual complaints against north is just a way of diverting our attention from the main thing, have we bother to ask ourselves how all the Billions in allocation from the Federal government are being spent by our leaders in the south?, this does not exclude yorubas, Ibos, Ijaws, efiks, Urobos, etc Tell me if we still have these same leaders in your proposed Southern Nigeria how can there be progress?

Nigeria is being looted on daily basis right from the local government through to the Federal government and all parastatals. In many local governments and even the one in your backyard (@poster) can you point to any major development in the past years? nothing! do they have any functioning departments? NO

Here in the UK you'll be amazed at how much money each borough (equivalent to Local government in Nigeria) have as a budget for each child and their families, lets confront our main problems which are CORRUPTION, SELF CENTREDNESS, GREEDINESS, BIG BOYS AND BIG MEN'S ATTITUDE, without this we'll only going to be treating the symptoms rather than the the main ailment

My sentiments exactly.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Beaf: 12:50pm On Dec 31, 2009
OAM4J:

Quick suggestions:

The name Nigeria should not reflect at all, I suggest UNITED STATES OF GREENLAND, or just GREENLAND, or  OCEANLAND  (after the atlantic ocean)

The green color is ok but should be married with another colour  like black, or blue (blue for the ocean, black for black people / the black crudel, green for vegetatation and white for peace )

The people of Kwara, Kogi and Benue will decide on their own if they want to join the south or go with the north

Our first official language will be pidgin english, follow by the Standard english

Let the dream begin.  grin

I think we should keep away from English names. I suggest that in recognition of the failure of Nigeria and its general disrespect of ethnic groups, we should seek out the smallest ethnic group and give the new country a name in that language. Some of the smallest groups are:
[list]
[li]Afemai[/li]
[li]Wepa-Wano[/li]
[li]Isoko[/li]
[li]Ekoi [/li]
[/list]
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 31, 2009
[size=14pt]@ publisher

how can this become reality? explain to us step by step. no more dulling![/size]
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by publisher(m): 2:02pm On Dec 31, 2009
Like the french revolution,it all starts with a 'peoples charter'. I dont totally encourage a conference by ethnic nationalities,this is because the process will most likely be hijacked by traditional elders and moribund leaders of thought who normally use ethnic affiliation to protect their interests. I believe that the core needs of an average South Nigerian be they Igbo,Ibibio,Ijaw,Yoruba,Isan or Kalabari CANNOT be different from the basics i.e Security of lives and property,Healthcare,Food,Education,Freedom,Constant electricity,Good roads etc.
The BRT system implemented by Fashola for example is not benefitting Yorubas alone,all ethic groups residing in Lagos enjoy these services.
We need to sell this idea to the lowest of the masses. The existing state structure of South Nigeria is a good starting point,where each state begins to analyze and document its own economic,political and social needs. When this is done,a conference can be held where each state puts forward its own PECULIAR needs and expectation from the South Nigeria project. 'Peculiar' in the sense of issues such as derivation,for me derivation naturally should be 70% to the regions and 30% to the federal government. The supremacy of a truly federal constitution and the massive industrialization of our country should be the key point. An equality based federal character and quota system can be put in place regardless of the population of each state or ethinic group.
I dont have all the ideas but these are some key areas,other like minded South Nigerians should join the process.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by mrperfect(m): 2:55pm On Dec 31, 2009
History shows that South East( Delta Igbo included) will like to be on their own.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by becomrich16: 4:42pm On Dec 31, 2009
it is possible. but see map

Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by asha80(m): 4:54pm On Dec 31, 2009
becomrich;:

Classic grin cheesy
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by formunt(m): 5:05pm On Dec 31, 2009
May God help us through. we need it
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by OAM4J: 5:18pm On Dec 31, 2009
becomrich;:

Even our Becomerich believes it. Its looking good already. grin
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Mekusxyz: 5:40pm On Dec 31, 2009
waleshakur:

Waleshakur

The political capital of our fantasized southern Nigeria can never be in Lagos. This is because Lagos is not central, because it is too close to the sea and because it is lopsided against the East. Edo/Delta is it, or everybody to your tent. Lagos is good as the economic capital and PH or Calabar should be developed real fast for the Eastern commercial hubs. grin grin grin grin
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by SEFAGO(m): 5:42pm On Dec 31, 2009
I think edo is also a good option- we could make it the political capital, develop lagos further to become an economic capital and then ooops someone is missing- can't remember
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Mekusxyz: 5:44pm On Dec 31, 2009
Sefago,

Lagos is saturated already. PH, Calabar and Onitsha/Aba will be developed to reduce migration to one part and spread the devpt more evenly
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by sjeezy8: 6:19pm On Dec 31, 2009
Too late the North is with us whether anyone likes it or not. The time to split from the North has passed,Zik chose to be one Nigeria, so ONE we are. Whether they are slowing the south down or not.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by asha80(m): 6:20pm On Dec 31, 2009
^^^Add Awo to the least cool
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by sjeezy8: 6:22pm On Dec 31, 2009
^^^ yes Awo also sorry because one when we became one Nigeria  he didnt want to break off either.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Beaf: 6:26pm On Dec 31, 2009
Lagos is quite developed compared to the rest of the country. I can see it as the most important financial and technological hub.

Other areas like Warri, Port Harcourt, Calabar and Nnewi / Aba will be positioned as technological, industrial and innovative hubs.
Cross River and all coastal areas can be developed for tourism.

As a priority, we will need to move sharply away from an oil based economy. But, we could set up a system where oil is used as seed money to invest heavily in economic diversification.

There will be no federal character or quota system. The welfare of the individual will be paramount and actively protected at home and abroad.

We will change the education curriculum from the current counter productive rote system, to one in which knowledge is illustrated with real life scenario's and inventive talent is identified early and actively nutured. Education would be intimately meshed with industry and the business World.
Students will be taught thinking and logic skills, from kindergarten to university.

Jesu! I see so much potential!  grin I could go on and on. . .
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Pifa: 6:33pm On Dec 31, 2009
To those who object to this thread:

Chill out! It's obvious that most of us are just having fun with it. Stuff like this happens after something bad had just happened to the country.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by SEFAGO(m): 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2009
There will be no federal character or quota system. The welfare of the individual will be paramount and actively protected at home and abroad.

You wish. So how will presidency be determined? Vice-presidency? on merit? Heads will roll

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over / Deji Tinubu: Burial Programme / Buhari And Akufo-Addo Meet In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.