Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,331 members, 7,811,968 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

Federal Republic Of South Nigeria - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Republic Of South Nigeria (19620 Views)

Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria / Photos Of South African Troops In Maiduguri ? / Drama As Tambuwal Joins Federal Republic Of Nigeria Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 3:11am On Jan 03, 2010
@Katsumoto

You may have to first smoke out the [b]sjeezy8[/b]s of Yorubaland first before our Southern Nigeria talk continues. That is the main challenge to a southern unity/understanding. I'll leave that to you.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Nobody: 3:15am On Jan 03, 2010
Uhhh there is no way Nigeria can seperate peacefully Sjeezy and the millions of sjeezys in Nigeria/abroad will surely not fight in a civil war.
grin grin grin grin grin rotflmao
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Katsumoto: 3:18am On Jan 03, 2010
Onlytruth:

@Katsumoto

You may have to first smoke out the [b]sjeezy8[/b]s of Yorubaland first before our Southern Nigeria talk continues. That is the main challenge to a southern unity/understanding. I'll leave that to you.

grin grin grin grin grin
The guy has said he is not ready to fight; thats not a problem. there are still approximately 50 million Yorubas ready to join the cause. You should know from history that not everyone will fight; even Clinton and Bush dodged the Vietname war.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Mekusxyz: 3:26am On Jan 03, 2010
Katsumoto:

The above does not make sense. Are you following the progression of the thread? So if Odua becomes a republic and Arewa declares that it must have access to the Atlantic Ocean, will Odua not be forced to fight or given in like cowards? Why should you make a statement such as that highlighted in bold? You are further perputating the myth that Yorubas are sell-outs.

It is not a myth. It is a FACT and many instances butress that FACT. grin grin
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Nobody: 3:28am On Jan 03, 2010
Onlytruth:

Dokubo Asari was openly calling for an alliance with the Igbo to enable the Ijaw move the fight forward, according to him "we need their number".

I have taken time to thoroughly study all the issues concerning Southern Nigeria and I concluded that no nation can exist down there without the ability of its components to fight off an enemy. People can make all the noise about Oduduwa republic but I remember that Ojukwu was sending a Biafran expeditionary force to Lagos and then Ibadan to constitute the first Oduduwa republic defense force before Oduduwa can assemble enough army for her own defense. That was one of his major miscalculations, because the force was seen as an invading force and sabotaged/stopped at Ore.

The Igbo (together with the Ibibio/Annag) might have lost a war but I still believe that they and the Ijaw are the only groups in the south that have ever demonstrated a motivation, ability and penchant for fighting a war. This is not meant as an insult to the Yoruba. I'm just stating the history of Nigeria as is.

The idea of a southern Nigeria can work because the Yoruba won't need to fight a war for it. There are other southerners to do that, provided the Yoruba are genuinely on-board and not try again to double deal. If the north think for a second that there would be a weak link in the south, you can kiss this southern Nigeria republic bye bye.
I also believe that you can easily convince the Igbo in Lagos to help fight off any northern invasion.
People should be realistic here. Only a foolish man does not acknowledge his own limits. Nigeria's history is still fresh and we know who did what in the recent past.

seriously, the only thing most Nigerians seem to know how to do is fight wars.

I cant help but wonder if many of the current Nigerian tribes are descended from the ancient central African armies who supposedly sprung from nowhere and only functioned as mercenaries working for the highest bidder.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by sjeezy8: 3:34am On Jan 03, 2010
Katsumoto:

The above does not make sense. Are you following the progression of the thread? So if Odua becomes a republic and Arewa declares that it must have access to the Atlantic Ocean, will Odua not be forced to fight or given in like cowards? Why should you make a statement such as that highlighted in bold? You are further perputating the myth that Yorubas are sell-outs.

Yorubas arent sell outs because they dont have an agreement with the any tribe or region.

One there will never be an arewa republic because of the norths dependence on ND oil. Even sultan of sokoto wouldnt want that.

Two why would any sensible yoruba join Federal Republic Of South Nigeria with those who have anti yoruba sentiments in them? When have the East and West ever agreed on anything?

Yorubas voted for olu falae, the East voted for Obasanjo
Yorubas voted for Mko abiola, the east voted for Bashir Tofa
Yorubas voted for Awo, the East voted for Zik
Abacha killed and imprisoned many promninent yorubas, Ojuwku befriended Abacha

Three Federal Republic Of South Nigeria is a joke as if the East or west wont try and secede on their own.
Im being realistic
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Nobody: 3:37am On Jan 03, 2010
LOL Such a shame. Only on the internet you'd see Igbos and Yorubas at each other as vicious as this.
Maybe some kids should stop eating what their parents are feeding them
undecided
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Mekusxyz: 3:38am On Jan 03, 2010
Sjeazy8
Then Yoruba voted for Obasanjo massively in 2003. FACT.
Igbo did vote for MKO in 1992. You are again twisting facts
Obasanjo is Yoruba, Igbo voted for him.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by sjeezy8: 3:42am On Jan 03, 2010
Mekusxyz:

Sjeazy8
Then Yoruba voted for Obasanjo massively in 2003?
Igbo did vote for MKO in 1992. You are again twisting facts

Mekusxyz:

Vote Breakdown and Analysis

Voter turnout was higher in the south than in the north. The Social Democratic Party (SDP) candidate Moshood Abiola received over 8 million votes, and won in 19 states and the Federal Capital Territory. The National Republican Convention (NRC) candidate Alhaji Bashir Tofa received over 6 million votes and won in 10 states only. Over 14 million people voted. Abiola won in Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Edo, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Kwara, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Taraba, and Yobe states, and the Federal Capital Territory. Tofa won in Abia, Adamawa, Bauchi, Enugu, Imo, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Niger, Rivers and Sokoto States.

Abiola’s victory was comprehensive as he won almost 60% of the total votes cast. Only in two states (Kebbi and Sokoto) did Abiola fail to obtain at least one-third of the votes. Abiola even defeated Tofa in Tofa’s home state of Kano.

http://maxsiollun./2009/06/11/16th-anniversary-of-the-june-12-1993-election/

Lol im not a goat . Why lie to yourself? only Anambra voted for Abiola
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Nobody: 3:43am On Jan 03, 2010
FL Gators:

LOL Such a shame. Only on the internet you'd see Igbos and Yorubas at each other as vicious as this.
Maybe some kids should stop eating what their parents are feeding them
undecided

not only on the internet oh!
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Nobody: 3:45am On Jan 03, 2010
tpia.:

not only on the internet oh!
Hmmm, tpia.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by SEFAGO(m): 3:47am On Jan 03, 2010
^ Its also based on age group. People of a certain age dont really do this. You become more ethnocentric as you grow older and learn who your real friends are (or who you think are your real friends).
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by sjeezy8: 3:50am On Jan 03, 2010
lol i wasnt ethnocentric until NL but it could be because most the non yoruba people I associate with are females so . . . .
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Mekusxyz: 3:53am On Jan 03, 2010
SJEAZY8
Did you say only Anambra voted for MKO? Can you prove that? And if so, is Anambra an Igbo state? If so, why do you say Igbo did not vote for MKO?
+ are you saying that other Igbo states voted 100% for Tofa?

Your own quote
Abiola’s victory was comprehensive as he won almost 60% of the total votes cast. Only in two states (Kebbi and Sokoto) did Abiola fail to obtain at least one-third of the votes. Abiola even defeated Tofa in Tofa’s home state of Kano.

What does the bolded part indicate?
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Nobody: 3:54am On Jan 03, 2010
sjeezy8:

lol i wasnt ethnocentric until NL but it could be because most the non yoruba people I associate with are females so . . . .
Me too!!! And that's only because of the internet. I'v never seen so much people go at each other like this.
Even the young NLers who knew nothing absolutely nothing about Nigeria are so ready to be tribalists/ innocent tribalists.
Tells you how much the internet can influence you
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Uche2nna(m): 3:58am On Jan 03, 2010
Mekusxyz:

SJEAZY8
Did you say only Anambra voted for MKO? Can you prove that? And if so, is Anambra an Igbo state? If so, why do you say Igbo did not vote for MKO?
+ are you saying that other Igbo states voted 100% for Tofa?

Your own quote
What does the bolded part indicate?

I thot I was the only that found that piece of statistics to be interesting.

Oga Sjeazy, can U back up your claims?  undecided
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by SEFAGO(m): 4:01am On Jan 03, 2010

yeah me neither, but thanks to mekusxxx . . . I should sue the pot-bellied man. Its also a very male thing. Most of the women here are small-time ethnocentrist, and fake ones too except for Tpia and FLgator, The Amaka kiss

Men are usually the ones quick to take up a cause that seems to insult their pride. As you can see 95% of the ethnocentric threads come from men, the women are more in the romance section looking for love
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Mekusxyz: 4:04am On Jan 03, 2010
Sjeazy8

Anambra
Tofa 42.89%
Abiola 57.11%
Abia
TOFA 58.96%
ABIOLA 41.04%
IMO
TOFA 55.14
ABIOLA 44.86
ENUGU
TOFA 51.91%
ABIOLA 41.09%

Look at the % differences and tell how significant they are. Look at the %s for Abiola and see if you are right to claim that Igbo did not vote for MKO
Put into perspective the fact that Tofa's would-be deputy was Igbo (IMO state). If Igbo gave 100% vote to Tofa like Yoruba did to OBJ (2003), do you think the results will still be the same? Answer NO. You need to win 2/3 of each state to become the president.

http://maxsiollun./2009/06/11/16th-anniversary-of-the-june-12-1993-election/
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Nobody: 4:06am On Jan 03, 2010
SEFAGO:

yeah me neither, but thanks to mekusxxx . . . I should sue the pot-bellied man. Its also a very male thing. Most of the women here are small-time ethnocentrist, and fake ones too except for Tpia and FLgator, The Amaka kiss
[b]
Men are usually the ones quick to take up a cause that seems to insult their pride. [/b]As you can see 95% of the ethnocentric threads come from men, the women are more in the romance section looking for love

Research shows that men tends to get angry and lose their composure more than women. And they do tend to be more abusive. . . . Dont want to runoff, but maybe . . . . NVM.

Long story short, naija men need to be put on under the microscope as specimens.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by sjeezy8: 4:08am On Jan 03, 2010
FL Gators:

Me too!!! And that's only because of the internet. I'v never seen so much people go at each other like this.
Even the young NLers who knew nothing absolutely nothing about Nigeria are so ready to be tribalists/ innocent tribalists.
Tells you how much the internet can influence you

true
I take breaks from NL because I dont like what i read on here.

but i definately experienced some of the onlytruths meksxxx types in person but they happend to be female, few and just du.mb like platmnk lmfao.

My parents are sooooo yoruba I have honestly never heard them talk about anything if it isnt yoruba stuvs.

SEFAGO:

Men are usually the ones quick to take up a cause that seems to insult their pride. As you can see 95% of the ethnocentric threads come from men, the women are more in the romance section looking for love

lol
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by ezeagu(m): 4:08am On Jan 03, 2010
FL Gators:

[color=dodgerblue/color]

New style?
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Mekusxyz: 4:10am On Jan 03, 2010
Sjeazy8
Do you mind addressing the questions I posed you? Thanks.
I told you I am here to puncture all the lies that Yoruba press have told which most of you are repeating will glee.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Nobody: 4:11am On Jan 03, 2010
ezeagu:

New style?
I understand, you like my style.

sjeezy8:

but i definately experienced some of the onlytruths meksxxx types in person but they happend to be female, few and just du.mb like platmnk lmfao.

My parents are sooooo yoruba I have honestly never heard them talk about anything if it isnt yoruba stuvs.

lol

LOL, My mom is yoruba, in love with both Yoruba and Igbo culture.
Also never heard her say sth bad about another tribe. I get, she doesnt have as much time in her hands as these folks. Iwo gan, sjeezt, ti e ati ti SEFAGO ti ga ju undecided
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by sjeezy8: 4:19am On Jan 03, 2010
FL Gators:

I understand, you like my style.

LOL, My mom is yoruba, in love with both Yoruba and Igbo culture.
Also never heard her say sth bad about another tribe. I get, she doesnt have as much time in her hands as these folks. Iwo gan, sjeezt, ti e ati ti SEFAGO ti ga ju undecided

Im not a hateful guy and i dont want to be lmfao
dont you see that I chilled out?
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by sjeezy8: 4:19am On Jan 03, 2010
and your writing is painin my eyes
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by beejaei: 4:20am On Jan 03, 2010
I was about to conclude that becomerich=publisher before I realized that publisher does not shoot the kind of "grammatical bullets" becomerich is renowned for. Also, he seems to have see the four walls of a philosophy/logic class, unlike becomerich who could not make any solid intellectual argument, and who always used his stupid maps to pull a wool over our eyes so we do not notice his patent idiocy. As for the topic, "o happen minus"; "o sele negative"; "o occur ti".  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Nobody: 4:21am On Jan 03, 2010
sjeezy8:

and your writing is painin my eyes
lmao. . . . thanks, makes me want to keep it more cheesy

sjeezy8:

Im not a hateful guy and i dont want to be lmfao
dont you see that I chilled out?

Motigbo e
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by SEFAGO(m): 5:03am On Jan 03, 2010
wo gan, sjeezt, ti e ati ti SEFAGO ti ga ju

I am just here to party cool No long thing

Emi ke? Tribalist my foot, I love everyone even Mekusxxx
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Jibson999(m): 10:29am On Jan 03, 2010
Nice idea i wish it were to come true. I cant imagine staying with these idiots called hausas
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Dede1(m): 11:32am On Jan 03, 2010
sjeezy8:

Yorubas arent sell outs because they dont have an agreement with the any tribe or region.

One there will never be an arewa republic because of the norths dependence on ND oil. Even sultan of sokoto wouldnt want that.

Two why would any sensible yoruba join Federal Republic Of South Nigeria with those who have anti yoruba sentiments in them? When have the East and West ever agreed on anything?

Yorubas voted for olu falae, the East voted for Obasanjo
Yorubas voted for Mko abiola, the east voted for Bashir Tofa
Yorubas voted for Awo, the East voted for Zik
Abacha killed and imprisoned many promninent yorubas, Ojuwku befriended Abacha

Three Federal Republic Of South Nigeria is a joke as if the East or west wont try and secede on their own.
Im being realistic

During the 49 years history of colonial contraption called Nigeria, Yoruba people have never voted for Igbo presidential candidate in election. Despite the tribal and pathetic trend of Yoruba voting for their sons alone, Ndigbo had shown mature and advance social character by voting for a Yoruba candidate. It is very funny on the part of sjeezy8 to write off Igbo people as being ethnocentric in example of simplistic election sequences that beg to differ from his/her objectives.

When G-34 was formed, all permutation was leading to Alex Ekwueme as the flag bearer. However, sensing the possibility of Igbo person becoming the president, all the previous agreements that will see a merger between G-34 and AD were dropped by Yoruba leaders in AD and insisted on running alone.

However, certain political moves were adopted in PDP that saw Obasanjo as the flag bearer instead of Ekwueme. By this time, it will look pure ethnocentric on the part of AD leaders if they would turn around and support the Obasanjo. During 1999 election, AD became a local Yoruba party and did not last long after the son of soil became president. By 2003 election, AD, the Yoruba party, was a history and died a natural death. However, it has accomplished its purpose by stopping any Igbo extraction from ascending to the position of presidency of the jungle called Nigeria.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Katsumoto: 11:39am On Jan 03, 2010
It would be nice if we all keep our eyes on the ball i.e focus our posts on the intended discourse. This thread has being derailed for no reason.

Sjeezy and SEFAGO
Please stop acting like Mekusxxx and WILYWILY. If you have to say something about other tribes, please stick to facts rather than perceived opinions.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Katsumoto: 12:20pm On Jan 03, 2010
Jibson999:

Nice idea i wish it were to come true. I cant imagine staying with these idiots called hausas

Thats a bit harsh; and also considering that you currently reside amongst them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu / Buhari At The Inauguration Ceremony Of Idriss In Chad (pics / Buhari Loans: Nigeria Is Now On The Auction Market - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.