Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Want My Girl To Quit Facebook - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Want My Girl To Quit Facebook (1148 Views)

10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using / Girlz, How Do I Ask A Girl To Be My Girlfriend / He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Want My Girl To Quit Facebook by ayinisong: 4:17pm On Dec 31, 2009
Guys, I really need your sincere advice. My girl is on facebook and she has her pix, contact details I mean everything and over 150 friends who can access her contact details as you know. I was thinking, I wanted to tell her to close her account because I 'm not really save due to the numerous calls she gets from guys on facebook. How do I put it across to her in other not to sound as if am scared. But really am scared. wink. What should I do. Help
Re: Want My Girl To Quit Facebook by ima1(f): 4:22pm On Dec 31, 2009
you are just jealous get over it, stop trying to be controlling, and if you are treating her the way she should be treated, then she'll have no reason to search elsewhere. or you could just talk to her about taking down her phone number down from facebook, which shld solve ur issue, instead of insisting she close her fb account, cuz she cld create another and you would not even know.
Re: Want My Girl To Quit Facebook by adaphik(f): 4:30pm On Dec 31, 2009
Its very unnecessary for her number to be displayed on such a public social platform, except she enjoys calls frm strangers. However, am of the opinion, that a man shouldnt be scared if he is doing the right thing to her.
Re: Want My Girl To Quit Facebook by chibenwa(m): 4:32pm On Dec 31, 2009
guy just sit her down and ask her
if she needs u or not.and if she
reacts funy men free her let her
go.
Re: Want My Girl To Quit Facebook by kitlady02(f): 4:33pm On Dec 31, 2009
U hv every right to be jelous anything can happen, but it is selfish to tell her to close her facebook account. What i think u should do is calmly ask her to delete her number from her facebook contact info.
Re: Want My Girl To Quit Facebook by ElRazur: 4:43pm On Dec 31, 2009
Omo talk to her about it. When I say talk to her, I do not mean talk down at her. Raise your concerns and offer to adjust her privacy settings. If she really cares about you, she should at least listen and share your concern, hopefully the attention of guys calling her won't have take her to the point of no return - where she won't reason with you.

On a similar note, I removed all my personal info [wasnt much] and photos from facebook ever since the terms and conditions were changed.

Goodluck.
Re: Want My Girl To Quit Facebook by madlady(f): 4:45pm On Dec 31, 2009
ayinisong:

Guys, I really need your sincere advice. My girl is on facebook and she has her pix, contact details I mean everything and over 150 friends who can access her contact details as you know. I was thinking, I wanted to tell her to close her account because I 'm not really save due to the numerous calls she gets from guys on facebook. How do I put it across to her in other not to sound as if am scared. But really am scared. wink. What should I do. Help

This is why I hate face book. I keep my details to a minimum, I would never have a number or evenĀ  a fuzzy pic on it.lipsrsealed
Re: Want My Girl To Quit Facebook by ElRazur: 4:56pm On Dec 31, 2009
madlady:

This why I hate face book. I keep my details to a minimum, I would never have a number or even a fuzzy pic on it.lipsrsealed

I am of a different views. I have my photos up there, including one I am almost semi-naked [nothing saucy mind you] and it is set so that only people who I want them to see it can see it. My telephone numbers, DOB, are not even included and before the changes, no one can find me on facebook, unless I want to be found. But now, like I said before, it is a different story. I have taken everything off. The new terms and conditions give way too much power to facebook and also allows for intrusion of privacy. smiley
Re: Want My Girl To Quit Facebook by justwise(m): 4:59pm On Dec 31, 2009
@op,

Tell her to take down ALL her contact details, anything is criminally posible online. She is silly to put up such details online.

There is no point telling her to close her account, if she is spending too much time on fb then get busy too, and see her reaction.
Re: Want My Girl To Quit Facebook by sweetpie23: 5:00pm On Dec 31, 2009
have you married her? control freak tongue
Re: Want My Girl To Quit Facebook by justwise(m): 5:02pm On Dec 31, 2009
sweetpie23:

have you married her? control freak tongue

Its for her own safety and i don't think its controling,
Re: Want My Girl To Quit Facebook by freecocoa(f): 5:03pm On Dec 31, 2009
D ryt ting 2 do lyk every1 said is dialogue.tel her 2 take out ha no,she dsnt hav 2 close ha acc,if u re sure she loves u den u dnt hav 2 wory dat much.gluck.
Re: Want My Girl To Quit Facebook by LeonardH(m): 5:16pm On Dec 31, 2009
you can make friendship with your girlfriend's friends on FB.
be updated smiley

anyway you're jealous.

I don't know if girls like fellows like you grin
Re: Want My Girl To Quit Facebook by omega25red(m): 5:24pm On Dec 31, 2009
she is obviously not bothered by having strangers calling her phone. Besides isn't it a bit late to take the number down since over 150 people have it? All you need to do is let her know straight up that you feel insecured with the relationship because she is spending more time with her FB friends.
If she cares about you or if she is really into the relationship she would do what she needs to do to show you that your concerns and insecurities matter to her. If not you may have already lost her
Re: Want My Girl To Quit Facebook by ginky: 5:45pm On Dec 31, 2009
Hmmn, na wa oh. I've never understood why someone would put his/her phone number online(esp facebook) @Poster, I agree with you jare. Aha,I repeat, "na wa oh" . As for me,I made sure I didn't put it. Infact, I don't even give it out when guys (mostly the ones I dont know but are "friends" on fb) asks me to. I would advise you to talk calmly to her and make her understand that she's letting just too much information out. I really understand you and I only hope she would not only listen but obey. Goodluck.talk to her calmly oh.
Re: Want My Girl To Quit Facebook by denzel2009: 6:19pm On Dec 31, 2009
ginky:

Hmmn, na wa oh. I've never understood why someone would put his/her phone number online(esp facebook) @Poster, I agree with you jare. Aha,I repeat, "na wa oh" . As for me,I made sure I didn't put it. Infact, I don't even give it out when guys (mostly the ones I dont know but are "friends" on fb) asks me to. I would advise you to talk calmly to her and make her understand that she's letting just too much information out. I really understand you and I only hope she would not only listen but obey. Goodluck.talk to her calmly oh.

Naija people can put their phone numbers in a public phone booth;just check like 3-4 threads on NL you will see mobile phone numbers,especially the dumb guys.

@poster just let her adjust her private settings and delete phone # no need to close FB account.
Re: Want My Girl To Quit Facebook by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 31, 2009
I hope you pay her bride price in the process. undecided
Re: Want My Girl To Quit Facebook by justwise(m): 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

I hope you pay her bride price in the process. undecided

Yes i will pay wink
Re: Want My Girl To Quit Facebook by Shola2009(m): 8:08pm On Dec 31, 2009
Abeg leave her and her facebook account alone.

and why u scared?
If you're a correct guy,u need not be.
Re: Want My Girl To Quit Facebook by hermosa(f): 9:15pm On Dec 31, 2009
if she put her contact details on the world wide web for everyone to see, sorry son but it's for a reason. tell her to remove her number cos it's not safe, if she doesn't well then, act quick and back off
Re: Want My Girl To Quit Facebook by Pweety4me(f): 10:14pm On Dec 31, 2009
@Poster Y is she giving out her contacts?is dat a compulsory option on facebook?
Re: Want My Girl To Quit Facebook by ruskiee(m): 10:21pm On Dec 31, 2009
Tsk tsk. And you guys aren't even married yet.
Re: Want My Girl To Quit Facebook by Kunbee: 1:54am On Jan 01, 2010
Shola2009:

Abeg leave her and her facebook account alone.
and why u scared?
If you're a correct guy,u need not be.

Gbam!!! i am trying to understand what his problem his undecided undecided undecided
Re: Want My Girl To Quit Facebook by elecktra(f): 4:41am On Jan 01, 2010
u just put the "duh" in dumb, is it only on facebook pple can get to meet your girlfriend?? d'you know if she gives her number out to any tom, d.i.c.k or harry dat asks her, for her to put her number on a social network site dat means she wants pple to call her, telling her to deactivate her facebook doesnt stop pple from calling her up, just sit her desperate a.s.s down and talk to her, if all she needs is for her phone to be ringing round-the-clock then be calling her grin grin grin but sha quitting FB is not the solution getting her to understand your point of view is

-goodluck
Re: Want My Girl To Quit Facebook by ayinisong: 5:47pm On Jan 01, 2010
Thanks guys. I'll do just that; It's really an issue cos I have a friend who lost his chick to someone esle thru facebook.

(1) (Reply)

Marry Her Without Testing, Wots D Possibility? (pls I Need Ur Comments) / It's Not How Long You,ve Been Friends But How Well / How Come "Bad Guys" Always Get The Best Girls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.