Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage (29743 Views)

What Are The Disadvantages Of Inter-tribal Marriage? / Inter-tribal Marraiges / Thread For Those In Inter-tribal Relationship And Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by henryhemon(m): 10:48pm On Apr 17, 2017
One thing I have promised myself is I will never allow such crap sentiments in my life. I don't care where you are from what I care is your personality and your values. And probably religion even that I wouldn't let it be much of a problem. Until we really grow up and stop placing unnecessary barriers to our lives Nigeria will not move forward.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by 1Rebel: 10:48pm On Apr 17, 2017
obikirinoni:

Is too early to derail this thread

Im not derailing anything. I just stated my opinion

9 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 17, 2017
yanmiri
Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by texazzpete(m): 10:49pm On Apr 17, 2017
@Topic

People should be free to marry whoever they want.

Any relation opposed that will not see reason (or cannot provide concise and compelling reasons why the marriage should not happen) should be struck off the wedding invitation list and ignored.

Do you know how many people have been cheated out of their dream partners because of the words of either their parents, Pastor or 'prayer warrior'?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 17, 2017
Afam4eva:

What exactly are you scared of?

Yeah, she has to be scared if she has not gotten consent from both families.

The country we live in.

Smh

3 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 17, 2017
1Rebel:

Im not derailing anything. I just stated my opinion

With name calling

1 Like

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Interesting15: 10:52pm On Apr 17, 2017
1Rebel:
In all honesty, I do not see myself marrying from another tribe. I would want my kids to have pure Igbo genes. Mixing their genes with some other dirty oily cowardly genes just doesn't seem right.

Besides, Igbo girls got it all; beauty, brains and everything else. wink

**Yes I'm a proud tribalist, deal with it.

Are you guys like this in 'real life', or you just doing all these on nairaland?

Your comment is actually nauseating.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 17, 2017
I met a girl on nairaland, she works in Ibadan with a telecommunications company, I work in Lagos with an international organization.

I liked her despite her tribe, when she heard my tribe, she said hell noooooooooooooo.

That was the end of the fairytale.

11 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by SirRoberto(m): 10:55pm On Apr 17, 2017
i m about to find myself in such dilemma.... i will narrate my ordeal later on nairaland...it's been some sort of hell for i and my girl, tho she is taking more of the heat
Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 17, 2017
Interesting15:

Are you guys like this in 'real life', or you just doing all these on nairaland?

Your comment is actually nauseating.

They just want to be popular and get quotes and mentions.

Nairaland also harbor them because of traffic, if not I wonder why people are not banned for these evil comments

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by obinoral1179(m): 10:57pm On Apr 17, 2017
obikirinoni:

I met a girl on nairaland, she works in Ibadan with a telecommunications company, I work in Lagos with an international organization.

I liked her despite her tribe, when she heard my tribe, she said hell noooooooooooooo.

such is life bro........
Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:59pm On Apr 17, 2017
1Rebel:
In all honesty, I do not see myself marrying from another tribe. I would want my kids to have pure Igbo genes. Mixing their genes with some other dirty oily cowardly genes just doesn't seem right.

clap 4 ya self angry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by dacovajnr: 11:00pm On Apr 17, 2017
I can marry any girl irrespective of tribe. Just make sure say you get sense

1 Like

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Amoto94(m): 11:01pm On Apr 17, 2017
I see nothing wrong in interethnic marriage if I find the qualities I'm looking for why won't I marry her. I dey look for an Igbo woman to marry and a Yoruba plus Hausa to complete my One Nigeria agenda. Ngozi123 react to this

3 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by SmartMugu: 11:07pm On Apr 17, 2017
1Rebel:

And what would you do if your kids end up having kids with the 'other dirty oily cowardly genes'? Set off WW3? People with this your mindset have daughters that end up with herdsmen. Learn to change your tribalistic views

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Fresia01(f): 11:10pm On Apr 17, 2017
Afam4eva:

What exactly are you scared of?
Scared we might not move to the marriage phase... Prolly cuz of his family..
Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Kellibae(f): 11:10pm On Apr 17, 2017
obikirinoni:

U be igbo and she is yoruba i guess
Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Kellibae(f): 11:12pm On Apr 17, 2017
Fresia01:
I'm Igbo dating a Yoruba guy.. .i love him BUh I'm still scared.. ...

Better use ur head before its too late.. they are serial cheaters.its not a myth its a fact.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Odunharry(m): 11:14pm On Apr 17, 2017
obikirinoni:

Life goes on. Get over it

1 Like

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Mrchippychappy(m): 11:14pm On Apr 17, 2017
stick to your kind.

1 Like

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Odunharry(m): 11:16pm On Apr 17, 2017
Kellibae:

Better use ur head befire its too late.. they are serial cheaters. Its not a myth its a fact I
Tell us something we don't know

2 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Kellibae(f): 11:17pm On Apr 17, 2017
Odunharry:

Tell us something we don't know

I better tell the truth u know than tell a lie u dnt know

1 Like

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Kellibae(f): 11:18pm On Apr 17, 2017
Me i cant marry from any other tribe apart from my tribe biko

5 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Odunharry(m): 11:19pm On Apr 17, 2017
Kellibae:

I better tell the truth u know than tell a lie u dnt know
Care to tell us abt them(People you call cheat)?
Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Kellibae(f): 11:20pm On Apr 17, 2017
Odunharry:

Care to tell us abt them(People you call cheat)?

Nothin to tell again dear.. rverybody knows d story.. as u rightly said earlier

2 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by slydog(m): 11:23pm On Apr 17, 2017
Kellibae:

Better use ur head befire its too late.. they are serial cheaters.
Its not a myth its a fact I
Yeah right, all Yoruba demons cheat and none in your tribe cheat right? What myopic view.

On second thought, if your husband cheats, just assume he does what will you do? Divorce him? Its very funny how everyone wants to use cheating to escape from the hell they call marriage. Just tell us the marriage wasn't working and cheating is the scape goat to run from the marriage.

20 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Kellibae(f): 11:24pm On Apr 17, 2017
slydog:

Yeah right, all Yoruba demons cheat and none in your tribe cheat right? What myopic view.

On second thought, if your husband cheats, just assume he does what will you do? Divorce him? Its very funny how everyone wants to use cheating to escape from the hell they call marriage. Just tell us the marriage wasn't working and cheating is the scape goat to run from the marriage.

Its more rampant in yoruba land both men and women

14 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by doyinbaby(f): 11:31pm On Apr 17, 2017
I will never prevent anyone I know from marry outside Yoruba tribe.....Everyone should choose his spouse from any tribe....I am more concerned with a happy marriage....people have married from their tribe and it ended in divorce.....marry anyone you love even if nah Chinese.....just have a happy Marriage is all I care about

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by PenisCaP: 11:32pm On Apr 17, 2017
Hmm
Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by PenisCaP: 11:33pm On Apr 17, 2017
doyinbaby:
I will never prevent anyone I know from marry outside Yoruba tribe.....Everyone should choose his spouse from any tribe....I am more concerned with a happy marriage....people have married from their tribe and it ended in divorce.....marry anyone you love even if nah Chinese.....just have a happy Marriage is all I care about

Doyin oya na i wan marry u.
Prove it!
Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by doyinbaby(f): 11:34pm On Apr 17, 2017
PenisCaP:

Doyin oya na i wan marry u.
Prove it!
your moniker (peniscap) disqualified you.......

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House / What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? / Things A Man Should Do For His Wife All The Time (Part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.