Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage (29718 Views)

What Are The Disadvantages Of Inter-tribal Marriage? / Inter-tribal Marraiges / Thread For Those In Inter-tribal Relationship And Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by laudate: 12:09am On Apr 18, 2017
Kellibae:
Whateva u like say.. but first of all go and correct ur igbophobia attitude.. is it a new thing that your parents tell u bad things not to marry igbo especially ur women!? undecided

So why are u complaining now?

Don't you see Igbo parents too (especially mothers), telling their children not to marry from other ethnic groups?

10 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Ugosample(m): 12:09am On Apr 18, 2017
henryhemon:

Go to Owerri and see for yourself.
Leave am cheesy
Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Kellibae(f): 12:10am On Apr 18, 2017
Ugosample:

You will not understand

I be Nwafot dia, I know as e dey go

U ar not!.. i kno u right from time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Kellibae(f): 12:10am On Apr 18, 2017
laudate:

Don't you see Igbo parents too (especially mothers), telling their children not to marry from other ethnic groups?

Hmm dats d dish u served and it was served back to u... so no complain

1 Like

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Holywizard: 12:11am On Apr 18, 2017
I'm an Ibo dating an Ishan, Edo state girl. De girl dey See Me as a prospective husband. my fear

2 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Kellibae(f): 12:11am On Apr 18, 2017
henryhemon:

Go to Owerri and see for yourself.

As if u hav been to owerri befo
Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by laudate: 12:12am On Apr 18, 2017
Kellibae:
Hmm dats d dish u served and it was served back to u... so no complain

Who is complaining? All the complaints are coming from your end. Were you not the first person to raise this point? shocked

4 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by henryhemon(m): 12:13am On Apr 18, 2017
Kellibae:

As if u hav been to owerri befo

I went to Owerri in January and I lodged in a hotel ...the mpu that goes on in that city .....onu m aga ghi ekwu ya.

4 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Kellibae(f): 12:15am On Apr 18, 2017
laudate:

Who is complaining? All the complaints are coming from your end. Were you not the first person to raise this point? shocked

I guess u check the person i quoted.. u dnt just jump into comments withoit readin d cause.

My initial comments was IM NOT MAREYING OUTSIDE MY TRIBE! . befor some1 quoted me n start complaining .

2 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by afroxyz: 12:15am On Apr 18, 2017
While y'all are still brewing in 17th century ideology, I've matched my action with words

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Kellibae(f): 12:15am On Apr 18, 2017
henryhemon:

I went to Owerri in January and I lodged in a hotel ...the mpu that goes on in that city .....onu m aga ghi ekwu ya.

Liar!!
Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by StraightSetter(m): 12:17am On Apr 18, 2017
Kellibae:

Whateva u like say.. but first of all go and correct ur igbophobia attitude.. is it a new thing that your parents tell u bad things not to marry igbo especially ur women!? undecided

So why are u complaining now?

Lol... What's this one saying?! Igbophobia...

If you have bad attitude and they've rejected you before. That's on you. Don't blame it on being Igbo or the in-laws being non-igbo.

6 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Kellibae(f): 12:17am On Apr 18, 2017
afroxyz:
While y'all are still brewing in 17th century ideology, I've matched my action with words

Wow congrats dear is that urs?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Ugosample(m): 12:17am On Apr 18, 2017
Kellibae:

U ar not!.. i kno u right from time
grin grin
Nne hapu okwu a
Ndigbo na-eso eme oringo
Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by afroxyz: 12:17am On Apr 18, 2017
Kellibae:

Wow congrats dear is that urs?

Yep. Live and direct

2 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Ugosample(m): 12:18am On Apr 18, 2017
afroxyz:

Nice
Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by laudate: 12:20am On Apr 18, 2017
afroxyz:

Congratulations! May your marriage be a ticket to paradise. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Kellibae(f): 12:21am On Apr 18, 2017
StraightSetter:

Lol... What's this one saying?! Igbophobia...

If you have bad attitude and they've rejected you before. That's on you. Don't blame it on being Igbo or the in-laws being non-igbo.

Hahahahah rejected me!.. i dnt evwn give dem attention.. i kno how u guys beg me always.

Maybe u missed my strory dat made front page few months ago. With my other monika.
how i slapped a yoruba guy for misbehaving after i hav said several NOs.

even if im mareying outside my tribe (which will NEVA happen anyways ) IT CAN NEVA BE YORUBA TRIBE!

5 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:22am On Apr 18, 2017
realnas:
mtschww Abeg take a seat, Ibo girls wey na dem full olosho business.

Not as married people

1 Like

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Kellibae(f): 12:24am On Apr 18, 2017
Ugosample:

grin grin

Nne hapu okwu a

Ndigbo na-eso eme oringo
lol.. ur comments ar funny anyways grin
but get my facts rights..its more rampant in soutwaste i kno wat im.tellin u.

Where a pregnant woman will not respect her current situation and still go around bleepin.

4 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by henryhemon(m): 12:26am On Apr 18, 2017
Kellibae:

Liar!!

Stop being dramatic! Stop acting childish! Stop belittling yourself! It's unnecessary. You call me liar when you know nothing about me.

8 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Kellibae(f): 12:26am On Apr 18, 2017
afroxyz:

Yep. Live and direct

Lol.. in ikeja..i stay in ikeja tho.. but im not currently in lag... st leo is my church too.
Anyways dnt foget to bring ur pix here lets celebrate with u..CONGRATS
Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by AreaFada2: 12:27am On Apr 18, 2017
laudate:

Are you trying to say that if they had married within their own ethnic group, they would not have met people with such dubious traits? shocked Guy, free your mind. The good, bad & ugly exist in every single tribe, in every district and on every single street. sad Wake up and smell the coffee.

I know a couple who had an inter-ethnic marriage, and are still going strong after 37 years! cheesy They are already grand-parents, and their home has always been an example of harmony, peace and well-being. And there are many others, like them. I also know a couple who hailed from the same local govt area, but different villages. Their marriage lasted only 8 months, despite the fact that both families speak the same language and were all in support of the union right from the start! If you look hard enough, you would also notice couples from the same ethnic background whose marriages did not work out, too. So free your mind. undecided
I am not babalawo to know.
But most of them said they wanted to avoid those things by marrying outside of tribe.

But they got even worse marrying outside.

But perhaps they turned down guys that might have been better within tribe by deliberately choosing to go outside. At least, the siblings who married within tribe remain married, and from what is known, those ladies appear to have got a better deal.

Therefore maybe your question should have been directed at the ladies who were biased against their own tribe. They used the experiences of some relatives from a previous generation to negatively judge their own tribe. Maybe they should have realised that whether within or outside tribe, things can go awry. My unscientific observation is that for those who married around same time within tribe, divorce rate is much lower than those who went outside. Maybe just a coincidence, but it is as it is.

Marriage is not that easy. You need every support structure you can get. Friends, family, etc.
While love is great, it can be fickle and can also fade. Mills & Boon love exist only in Mills & Boon. grin grin

Let's not fool ourselves: race, tribe, religion are still very important factors people consider when marrying. I have seen it across many countries. What would be ideal in 21st century and what happens in reality do not always sync.

1 Like

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Kellibae(f): 12:28am On Apr 18, 2017
henryhemon:

Stop being dramatic! Stop acting childish! Stop belittling yourself! It's unnecessary. You call me liar when you know nothing about me.

I smell lies dear!
Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Ugosample(m): 12:28am On Apr 18, 2017
Kellibae:

Where a pregnant woman will not respect her current situation and still go around bleepin.

Well, I grew up amongst them
And I saw this behaviour among some of them
.But that does not mean that did that because they were Yoruba.

It was done because they made poor choices

4 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by henryhemon(m): 12:29am On Apr 18, 2017
Kellibae:

It's rampant everywhere,I live in Abuja I can confidently tell you 60%of akwuna are My people,go to Lagos, go to ph,go to kano,go to calabar,Uyo,go to maiduguri let me stop here.

3 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by ab11baddo(m): 12:30am On Apr 18, 2017
jiinxed:

Notice how he refrained from mentioning any tribe? But guilty conscience no gree you. You know your people are dirty and oily. chai grin grin grin
and u are better se?!!
Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Kellibae(f): 12:31am On Apr 18, 2017
Ugosample:

Well, I grew up amongst them
And I saw this behaviour among some of them
.But that does not mean that did that because they were Yoruba.
It was done because they made poor choices

Now look at ur lines "some of them" but u said "many" do it in imo..
Now i can see biasness in ur comment.
U shot urself in d leg.

Now i bliv u are not igbo forget the igbo u speak.
Anyone can speak igbo. cool
Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by henryhemon(m): 12:31am On Apr 18, 2017
Kellibae:

I smell lies dear!

I'm nwafo but we 're not blinded by sentiments....owerri girls if you marry insist on not living in that city to avoid stories.

2 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by ab11baddo(m): 12:32am On Apr 18, 2017
Kellibae:

Hahahahah rejected me!.. i dnt evwn give dem attention.. i kno how u guys beg me always.

Maybe u missed my strory dat made front page few months ago. With my other monika.
how i slapped a yoruba guy for misbehaving after i hav said several NOs.

even if im mareying outside my tribe (which will NEVA happen anyways ) IT CAN NEVA BE YORUBA TRIBE!
alright sister... We av heard u... U dont av to tell us these stories that touch

1 Like

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Kellibae(f): 12:33am On Apr 18, 2017
henryhemon:

It's rampant everywhere,I live in Abuja I can confidently tell you 60%of akwuna are My people,go to Lagos, go to ph,go to kano,go to calabar,Uyo,go to maiduguri let me stop here.

Yep Ur people and not my people cool

1 Like

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Nobody: 12:33am On Apr 18, 2017
obikirinoni:

I met a girl on nairaland, she works in Ibadan with a telecommunications company, I work in Lagos with an international organization.

I liked her despite her tribe, when she heard my tribe, she said hell noooooooooooooo.

That was the end of the fairytale.
Just like that. This is where your power of persuasion should have come into play.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Siblings Prank Their 10-Year-Old Sister For Stealing Their Mum's Wine / What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? / My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.