Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,493 members, 7,812,528 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land (14136 Views)

Governor Lalong Patronising A Groundnut Seller iIn Jos (Photos) / Nndigbo: Why We MUST STOP Saying Lagos Is No Man's Land / Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by seguun(m): 8:16pm On Nov 25, 2017
igbodefender:
The Igbos in Ife were 'known for living in the bush'; the Igbos of today are known for their mangrove forest dwelling. A clue from nature itself.

You are an amateur revisionist...try harder!

3 Likes

Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 25, 2017
aribisala0:

i thought you folkwere Jews ? Now you are Olukumi
Igbos come from so many places. The Aros come partly from Ibibio; the Olu come from Igalla. They are all branches of one Great Tree.
Lucumi ancestors left the Nri area for Ile Ife. These became the Obatala aborigines of the place. I will post a link to a book that explains it all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by aribisala0(m): 8:20pm On Nov 25, 2017
Duru1:

You are a total disappointment. Even nairaland that has placed a dent on low intellect of certain goons failed to help you.
Presenting Dende Iku on day release from the sanatorium
Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by aribisala0(m): 8:21pm On Nov 25, 2017
igbodefender:
Igbos come from so many places. The Aros come partly from Ibibio; the Olu come from Igalla. They are all branches of one Great Tree.
Lucumi ancestors left the Nri area for Ile Ife. These became the Obatala aborigines of the place. I will post a link to a book that explains it all.

The Aros are not from Ibibio they are captives and slaves of the Ibibio and Akamkpa who establised a dynasty over them
Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 25, 2017
seguun:

You are an amateur revisionist...try harder!
Revisionism must be welcomed if it shines the light on long hidden truths.
Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by Duru1(m): 8:28pm On Nov 25, 2017
Obdk:
Wat does yoruba mean in yoruba language

It was Yari.ba before Anglicized as Yoruba.
Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 25, 2017
aribisala0:

The Aros are not from Ibibio they are captives and slaves of the Ibibio and Akamkpa who establised a dynasty over them
However you slice it or dice it, the fact remains that the Aro are of Igbo-Ibibio origin. This has brought the Igbos and Ibibios closer. We wish the same with other Nigerian tribes that share historical interactions with us, including the Yoruba.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by Duru1(m): 8:39pm On Nov 25, 2017
Amarabae:
in Asaba area, there is an "Onicha" same thing in Ebonyi. Its either you call it onitsha, onitcha or onicha.
Its a corruption of the word Onu-icha, its a name gotten from Ezechime lineage, a Benin cultured Igbo man.

You almost stumbled to the truth but fooled with the idea of a name from imaginary Ezechime and Benin crap.

If you know the meaning of Icha in Igbo you would have arrived at the true conclusion. Obu and Obi are relatively the same meaning.
Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 25, 2017
IditaBoy:

LOL.

They moved to the forest in protest, they didn’t always live in forests. Their protest got disbanded and they moved to Ondo state.
Igbos always move into the forest during war. In Moremi's time we did. During the Nigerian civil war, we did, and discovered some new vegitables we use for Igbo soups today. So tribes associate us with the farm, the bush and the forest, so much so that some ethnic groups resorted to calling the bush itself Igbo/Ugbo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by aribisala0(m): 8:46pm On Nov 25, 2017
igbodefender:
However you slice it or dice it, the fact remains that the Aro are of Igbo-Ibibio origin. This has brought the Igbos and Ibibios closer. We wish the same with other Nigerian tribes that share historical interactions with us, including the Yoruba.

There is no such interaction,with due respect.Your people are uncivilized barbarians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 25, 2017
IditaBoy:

Uncle, calm down.

I’m from Ife & my family has a shared histryvwith Ugbo.

We have nothing in common with Ibo other than the national flag.
That's what you think. Having said that, you are now Yoruba (by virture of assimilation) and we respect that.
May I add that I am honoured to have spoken with an aborigine of Great Ife on this day.

1 Like

Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 25, 2017
aribisala0:

There is no such interaction,with due respect.Your people are uncivilized barbarians
I am resigned to the fact that my Great People will always be described in uncomplimentary terms. If it happened in the 10th century, why not now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by Cjrane2: 9:15pm On Nov 25, 2017
Ok, Onitsha is no man's land that the Yorubas have nothing in it. grin grin grin grin grin grin

So whose land is it? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by seguun(m): 11:07pm On Nov 25, 2017
igbodefender:
Revisionism must be welcomed if it shines the light on long hidden truths.

Which hidden truths? You must be a joke grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by 0monnak0da: 11:17am On Apr 16, 2018
Cjrane2:
Ok, Onitsha is no man's land that the Yorubas have nothing in it. grin grin grin grin grin grin

So whose land is it? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
We all know it belongs to the Bini people

1 Like

Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by aribisala0(m): 10:35am On Apr 27, 2018
Duru1:

You are a total disappointment. Even nairaland that has placed a dent on low intellect of certain goons failed to help you.
Dende Iku how is the sanatorium. Do they feed you well and on time? Do they wipe your bottom properly? I knowyou can be very messy

1 Like

Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by justtoodark: 11:12am On Apr 27, 2018
easterners will learn the hard way....
Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by Cjrane2: 11:25am On Apr 27, 2018
0monnak0da:
We all know it belongs to the Bini people

Wrong! It belongs to Urhobo people.
You were right not to mention Yoruba grin grin grin grin

Although today, every tailor in Onitsha is yoruba!

1 Like

Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by aribisala0(m): 11:35am On Apr 27, 2018
Cjrane2:

Wrong! It belongs to Urhobo people.
You were right not to mention Yoruba grin grin grin grin

Although today, every tailor in Onitsha is yoruba!
Yorubas are not tailors. I know of Yoruba couturiers and designers though

1 Like

Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by Bukalisman(m): 9:31pm On Apr 27, 2018
Bro stop displaying your ignorance in public. It is an established facts that some Igbos (mainly of Anambra origin) have problems with differentiating 'r' from 'l' and 'sh' from 'ch'. Go and investigate. Furthermore, if you know your English grammar well, you would have known that 'tsh' sounds like 'ch' and not 'sh'. Are you also aware that Anioma you mentioned above is an Igbo name?
aribisala0:

How cha and sha take resemble. Tell that to those who don't know the language. Tell me how cha go take become sha. How many Igboe words are corrupted like that? CHINEDU. ?? To Shinedu?

1 Like

Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by IkpuMmadu: 10:39am On May 03, 2019
aribisala0:
They know the truth but are pretending. It has no meaning in Igboe and we shall claim it back at the right time
The communities are as follows: Onicha Igboeze (Ebonyi state), Onicha Uboma (Imo state), Onicha Agu (Enugu state), Onicha Nwenkwo (Imo state), Onicha Ngwa (Abia state), Onicha Amagunze (Enugu state), etc

Claim these back ! Idiot

1 Like

Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by IkpuMmadu: 10:40am On May 03, 2019
Onitsha people are from Benin (Edo). They still pay ancestral visits to Edo and their brothers in Delta State (some Anioma extraction); Igbo Speaking Deltans.
The communities are as follows: Onicha Igboeze (Ebonyi state), Onicha Uboma (Imo state), Onicha Agu (Enugu state), Onicha Nwenkwo (Imo state), Onicha Ngwa (Abia state), Onicha Amagunze (Enugu state), etc

2 Likes

Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by aribisala0(m): 1:17pm On May 03, 2019
But Onitsha has no meaning in Eebowe language
Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by rummmy: 2:53pm On May 03, 2019
aribisala0:
Looking for a developed city to claim, why not invite us to upgrade your benin to onitsha status instead of dishing out fake stories and mis informing the public.

1 Like

Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by aribisala0(m): 3:11pm On May 03, 2019
rummmy:
Looking for a developed city to claim, why not invite us to upgrade your benin to onitsha status instead of dishing out fake stories and mis informing the public.

Onitsha is developed?

Have you been there?

It is the 2nd dirtiest place on earth.

2nd to Aba
Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by rummmy: 7:02pm On May 03, 2019
aribisala0:

Onitsha is developed?

Have you been there?

It is the 2nd dirtiest place on earth.

2nd to Aba
you don't know onitsha my friend..then take your selfish self away from it.
Thanks
Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by delpee(f): 7:28pm On May 03, 2019
Please who knows where the Olukumis are based today? I learnt that they still speak some sort of Yoruba dialect. They're also known as Lucumi in the International sphere. I read a story about the ones taken into slavery in South America. One particular woman was said to be a great leader who sadly didn't end well.
Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by omonnakoda: 2:53pm On May 09, 2020
aribisala0:
Eebowe language undecided
Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by omonnakoda: 3:37pm On May 09, 2020
So Onitsha is Yoruba land too
Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by googi: 4:29pm On May 09, 2020
Without trying to delve into today's controversy, for a long time those who called themselves "real" Igbo from Oweri
area, have always labelled Igbo from Onitsha: Yoruba/Igbo.

You cannot deny that.

delpee:
Please who knows where the Olukumis are based today? I learnt that they still speak some sort of Yoruba dialect. They're also known as Lucumi in the International sphere. I read a story about the ones taken into slavery in South America. One particular woman was said to be a great leader who sadly didn't end well.

1 Like

Re: What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land by googi: 5:09pm On May 09, 2020
Why does everything turn to Azikiwe rejection as Western Premier? STOP!

Not every Yoruba could have been Premier of Western Region.

In those days, Tinubu could not have been elected a dog catcher.

Please stop.

Obiobidgbo14:

We agree that the whole of Anambra state originated from Ife why did you not allow Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe to be premier of West, why calling him omo Igbo,When it serves your purpose Anioma becomes Igbo if not Anioma becomes Yoruba or Niger Delta.
Thank God for social media that exposes you.Now you people are like mad man dancing naked in the market thinking that he is entertaining. People.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Four Convicted For Internet Fraud In oshogbo / Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta / B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G !!! National Collation Gives Buhari The Lead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.