Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired (12832 Views)

And So I Finally Visit Enugu For APC Political Rally And Is Full Of Brown Roofs / Boko Haram Uses Special Roofs To Evade Air Bombardment —Army / What's Wrong In Having Brown Roofs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Coolitempq: 6:40pm On May 05, 2017
hornyofife:

even at that, there are modern multi-storey buildings within the ogbete market picture of enugu

compare it to that of ibadan which is a residential quarters and the size also. that of ibadan will make up for three local governments in igbo land lolz.

dont forget also that housing is a yardstick to measure standard of living and poverty.

that is why some of them in their shameless defense always claim those pictures of owerri, aba, ontisha, awka, enugu and other igbo cities we post here on niaraland are GRAs in igboland. which exposes their backwardness and level of ignorance.
oh my God ibadead is even better off imagined the real images really potray abject poverty and hunger in the land.

I am sure nothing comes this close to poverty index anywhere in Africa, oh now i understand why they want igbos to remain in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Unimaginable123: 6:47pm On May 05, 2017
Op, London is a city far far older than Ibadan. And English people are so so conservatives. Do u see see brown or wooden roof there?

7 Likes

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Unimaginable123: 6:50pm On May 05, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

When those ancient cities were being built, what were your fathers doing?

Oh, I nearly forgot. Your fathers were busy fighting for the hand of the village prostitute in marriage.

50 years from now, the entire SW would be fully developed and you'll still be fighting for the 3rd Niger Bridge cos you are all visonless like your ancestors.
SW will be developed in 50 years time? Thank God you have admitted that SW is undeveloped at the moment

7 Likes

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Unimaginable123: 6:54pm On May 05, 2017
HardMirror:

Is age of a city the only factor up there or you have comprehension difficulties?
So you don't know size matters too? For a city as big as Ibadan, it would take time for the city to be transformed. Go to venice, go to rome, you would still see a lot of old buildings it is not only ibadan. Most eastern states were still forests when ibadan was. Her peak.
ur argument is baseless. U want to now compare the massive slum called Ibadan to European cities? U can only compare Ibadan to towns in mali, niger and somalia

4 Likes

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Unimaginable123: 6:58pm On May 05, 2017
nkwuocha1:

Seriously can't fathom why they claim Lagos. One good thing about the Igbos is competition.We may abuse our governors or the development in our states on nairaland, but then it's a wake up call for the reality on ground. I'm from Anambra, but Imo state have one of the most useless governor in Nigeria. Okorohausa should be replaced with a competitive governor in terms of standard development. The aim is for ALL south East to be developed. Igbo bu ofu.
I'm from imo too. Okorocha is the most useless governor in south East since time immemorial

4 Likes

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Unimaginable123: 7:01pm On May 05, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Are you guys not ashamed of yourselves for repeating this "we developed" line over and over again
Why should we be? We developed Lagos from foundation to top. My grandfather contributed immensely to the development of Lagos when fathers of yoruba people claim now lived in huts in osogbo

5 Likes

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Okoyiboz3: 7:48pm On May 05, 2017
Unimaginable123:
SW will be developed in 50 years time? Thank God you have admitted that SW is undeveloped at the moment

To us, the SW isn't fully developed as we see the inherent potentials. To you, the SW is the heaven and mecca of everyone from your land of the rising scams.

Aregbe alone has executed more projects than all the SE governors and their predecessors combined.

You see the Opon Imo project of Aregbe, before it can be adapted for the use of your people, it wont be earlier than 2040. This is because you people are still at the very basis of human skills and learning. You are innate criminals and are unable to live in a lawful society.

5 Likes

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Okoyiboz3: 7:49pm On May 05, 2017
Unimaginable123:
Why should we be? We developed Lagos from foundation to top. My grandfather contributed immensely to the development of Lagos when fathers of yoruba people claim now lived in huts in osogbo

Your father that sells garden eggs in Lagos traffic?

5 Likes

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Unimaginable123: 8:07pm On May 05, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

Your father that sells garden eggs in Lagos traffic?
when your father was living in tattered shrine in osogbo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Omofunaab2: 8:20pm On May 05, 2017
Unimaginable123:

Your grandfather developed Lagos by selling fanyogo at agege abi grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by arinze2015: 8:20pm On May 05, 2017
more of ibadan

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by MXrep: 9:02pm On May 05, 2017
bakynes:

But do you know Ibadan is bigger than 2-3 states combined in the South East land mass wise and Oyo state is almost the size of the entire South East.
Anambra is the smallest state in SE, the second smallest in the country after Lagos, and it is larger than Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by MXrep: 9:10pm On May 05, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

To us, the SW isn't fully developed as we see the inherent potentials. To you, the SW is the heaven and mecca of everyone from your land of the rising scams.

Aregbe alone has executed more projects than all the SE governors and their predecessors combined.

You see the Opon Imo project of Aregbe, before it can be adapted for the use of your people, it wont be earlier than 2040. This is because you people are still at the very basis of human skills and learning. You are innate criminals and are unable to live in a lawful society.
Lol, these afonjas are jokers, we are talking Ibadan some has started shouting SW to console himself with Noman'sland. Yorubas were the Last to migrate to Lagos. In their usual lazy lifestyle devoid of ambition, they were there sleeping when other ethnic groups migrated en masse to colonial Lagos, it was later they used proximity advantage to outnumber other and start merging Lagos with their rusted roof region

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by ayorinde217(m): 9:37pm On May 05, 2017
Yyeske:
See consolation over rubbish. Is Ibadan the oldest city in the world? Why is more than 90% of the city brown roofed or is it a case of arrested development.
Remember, I get am before no be property
Do you even know 10% of Ibadan? bros there are lots of modern places in ibadan. Do your research very well before you draw your conclusion.
Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by arinze2015: 10:06pm On May 05, 2017
MORE OF OYO

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by 9jakool: 10:33pm On May 05, 2017
Unimaginable123:
Op, London is a city far far older than Ibadan. And English people are so so conservatives. Do u see see brown or wooden roof there?
The same London where there were open gutters and people used to dump poo from their windows up until 20th century. There was an event known as the Great stink, which caused smelly and harmful chemicals to leak out into the water system and air causing thousands of people to die from diseases like cholera. Any old city can look descent if there is proper management and better infrastructure upgrade, which is obviously lacking in Nigeria. Infrastructure neglect is a big problem in Nigeria. This is the same Ibadan in 1960s.

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Unimaginable123: 12:46am On May 06, 2017
9jakool:

The same London where there were open gutters and people used to dump poo from their windows up until 20th century. There was an event known as the Great stink, which caused smelly and harmful chemicals to leak out into the water system and air causing thousands of people to die from diseases like cholera. Any old city can look descent if there is proper management and better infrastructure upgrade, which is obviously lacking in Nigeria. Infrastructure neglect is a big problem in Nigeria. This is the same Ibadan in 1960s.
are u trying to compare useless biggest slum ibadan with the city of london?

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by 9jakool: 12:49am On May 06, 2017
Unimaginable123:
are u trying to compare useless biggest slum ibadan with the city of london?
Did you read my post? Before London got to where it is now, it had a major upgrade.
Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Unimaginable123: 12:50am On May 06, 2017
9jakool:

don't turn history on its heads pls. Compare Ibadan with ogbomosho, so ekiti and ilorin pls. And with Somalian town and Togolese town, but never with an European city
Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Unimaginable123: 12:54am On May 06, 2017
9jakool:

Did you read my post? Before London got to where it is now, it had a major upgrade.
my friend, don't ever compare anything in Ibadan with London pls.
What?!!!!
Compare Ibadan with timbuktu in mali, agadez in niger or Juba in south sudan.
Compare Ibadan with the big city of London? Don't date that pls
Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by 9jakool: 1:00am On May 06, 2017
Unimaginable123:
don't turn history on its heads pls. Compare Ibadan with ogbomosho, so ekiti and ilorin pls. And with Somalian town and Togolese town, but never with an European city
There are cities far polluted than Ibadan.

Help yourself...
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/31/africa/nigeria-cities-pollution/
Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Unimaginable123: 1:24am On May 06, 2017
9jakool:

Help yourself...
hello sir/ma, the discussion here is not about air pollution. It is about about a thread your yoruba brother created idolising the brown roofs in Ibadan that all of you yorubas adore.
The link u intentionally attached to ur response is on environmental pollution. Pls create a thread for that.
But for this, accept that Ibadan conglomerate of brown roofs
Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Unimaginable123: 1:26am On May 06, 2017
9jakool:

Help yourself...
who's talking of pollution! We are talking of brown roofs
Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by 9jakool: 2:28am On May 06, 2017
Unimaginable123:
hello sir/ma, the discussion here is not about air pollution. It is about about a thread your yoruba brother created idolising the brown roofs in Ibadan that all of you yorubas adore.
The link u intentionally attached to ur response is on environmental pollution. Pls create a thread for that.
But for this, accept that Ibadan conglomerate of brown roofs

Op created an innocent thread that discusses history of Ibadan and its iconic brown roofs, but children of hate had came to display their bigotry once again. They look for ways to feel superior because everything to them is a competition. If it's brown roof you talk about, I say there is nothing wrong with brown roofs. A roof is just a roof. There are modern parts of Ibadan as there are parts that are old and dilapidated. Brown roofs are not stopping popular Western companies from establishing their businesses in Ibadan every year. Ibadan is witnessing a lot of growth in foreign investments as we speak.

I think brown roofs add to the historic character of the city. To me they serve as a testament to a prosperous time when the economy was based on farming and trade, and local farmers and merchants prospered greatly as a result. Revitalize the cocoa industries, fix the roads, clean up the streets and upgrade the infrastructure, going after brown roofs is misplaced priority and quite irrelevant. Then again, I don't expect you to understand. To you, you would like to see every one of those brown-roofed houses gutted and replaced with artificial cloned estates with pink roofs. Anyways, Ibadan stands as it is, don't get yourself worked up on it.

Instead of worrying about the ugly brown roofs of Ibadan, you have far more pressing issues to worry about like the ongoing pollution in your region.

See, brown roofs only appear "ugly", but pollution causes life-threatening illnesses and kills. cry

Meanwhile..... Abeokuta, a city where rust meets gold. grin

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Externalhat: 3:11am On May 06, 2017
Unimaginable123:

You developed Lagos and your cursed state is in shambles. Why not replicate same development in your dungeon, you are even from Imo state, the cesspit of the East. You deserve to be flogged and jailed for being dumb.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Unimaginable123: 3:16am On May 06, 2017
Externalhat:

You developed Lagos and your cursed state is in shambles. Why not replicate same development in your dungeon, you are even from Imo state, the cesspit of the East. You deserve to be flogged and jailed for being dumb.
don't want to follow u insult to insult. Tell me a sw city more developed than enugu
Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Externalhat: 3:19am On May 06, 2017
Unimaginable123:
don't want to follow u insult to insult. Tell me a sw city more developed than enugu

Where is in the insult in saying the obvious. You said you developed a place and your own state is in shambles, everyone is running away from there daily. Dont you have any shame?

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Ofodirinwa: 6:55am On May 06, 2017
HardMirror:

Is age of a city the only factor up there or you have comprehension difficulties?
So you don't know size matters too? For a city as big as Ibadan, it would take time for the city to be transformed. Go to venice, go to rome, you would still see a lot of old buildings it is not only ibadan. Most eastern states were still forests when ibadan was. Her peak.

Do you want me to post pictures comparing the old buildings of Rome to the old buildings of Ibadan? Lol
Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by HardMirror(m): 7:07am On May 06, 2017
Ofodirinwa:

Do you want me to post pictures comparing the old buildings of Rome to the old buildings of Ibadan? Lol
You are free to. Then after you do that, also post pictures of modern buildings of rome with the moildings of onitsha.
Since you don't have enough sense to know our architecture here in africa is far from what the europeans had always had. I am sure your mud houses in the east are also more classic than the roman buildings right?
Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Henrydone: 7:52am On May 06, 2017
HardMirror:

You are free to. Then after you do that, also post pictures of modern buildings of rome with the moildings of onitsha.
Since you don't have enough sense to know our architecture here in africa is far from what the europeans had always had. I am sure your mud houses in the east are also more classic than the roman buildings right?
Ofodirinwa:

Let me help wink but what all brown roof hype sef, is brown not a color smiley

Rome

Ibadan

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by HardMirror(m): 8:09am On May 06, 2017
Henrydone:
Let me help wink but what all brown roof hype sef, is brown not a color smiley

Rome

Ibadan
Lol
Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by ghuzy01: 8:48am On May 06, 2017
Nwakaumu:
I'm proud to tell you that youruba are tenants in our house in ijesha road, surulere.do you have land for sale? so you can change ur brown roofs and thhrow some owanbe party. Shame less clown who are tenants in their land.
Guy I have gone through all your posts and I observe you have a serious obsession with the Yoruba people and the funny part is that the don't rily give a Bleep about you.get busy with something positive pls.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

List Of Nigerian Politicians Ban From Entering The US / Bode George: Fayose Behaving Like A Heavily Disturbed Child / Jonathan Goodluck's REPORT Card - Your Assessment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.