Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired (12832 Views)

And So I Finally Visit Enugu For APC Political Rally And Is Full Of Brown Roofs / Boko Haram Uses Special Roofs To Evade Air Bombardment —Army / What's Wrong In Having Brown Roofs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Nwakaumu(m): 11:27am On May 06, 2017
ghuzy01:

Guy I have gone through all your posts and I observe you have a serious obsession with the Yoruba people and the funny part is that the don't rily give a Bleep about you.get busy with something positive pls.
Shut the phuk up and face ur brown roof and oshogbo mud house.your afonja pipple got beaten black and blu rather than helping him you are crying like a baby.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Unimaginable123: 11:43am On May 06, 2017
Externalhat:

Where is in the insult in saying the obvious. You said you developed a place and your own state is in shambles, everyone is running away from there daily. Dont you have any shame?
do u have shame yourself?
Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Ofodirinwa: 2:48pm On May 06, 2017
Henrydone:
Let me help wink but what all brown roof hype sef, is brown not a color smiley

Rome

Ibadan

Lmaao you're comparing brown stone roofs with rusted hope infested zinc?
Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Nowenuse: 7:55pm On May 06, 2017
I am not an Igbo (and those who doubt me can check my profile topics to confirm).

From my humble perspective, i think most yorubas have truly abandoned their home towns and villages and now focus only on Lagos.
It is very sad. I observed that most yorubas now claim Lagos as their state of origin, whereas they come from other yoruba states.
Not until i encountered some yorubas in Lagos that i knew that there are many yoruba adults and teenagers who have never been to their hometowns and don't know the road to their villages.

Whereas it is cool for yorubas to invest in Lagos and take pride in it, it would continue to be very embarrassing seeing the same very developed Lagos side by side with terrible looking hinterland yoruba towns and villages. It will continue to remain very shameful and an eye sore.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by arinze2015: 9:13pm On May 06, 2017
more of ib city

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Eastwalk(m): 9:27pm On May 06, 2017
arinze2015:
more of ib city
People like you only disrepute the portraits of Igbo, why posting Osinbajo visits to IDP camps in bornu and label them Ibadan, you are really sick honestly

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by arinze2015: 9:32pm On May 06, 2017
Eastwalk:
People like you only disrepute the portraits of Igbo, why posting Osinbajo visits to IDP camps in bornu and label them Ibadan, you are really sick honestly
bro see more of ib city here

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Oxtonguy: 9:37pm On May 06, 2017
Nowenuse:
I am not an Igbo (and those who doubt me can check my profile topics to confirm).

From my humble perspective, i think most yorubas have truly abandoned their home towns and villages and now focus only on Lagos.
It is very sad. I observed that most yorubas now claim Lagos as their state of origin, whereas they come from other yoruba states.
Not until i encountered some yorubas in Lagos that i knew that there are many yoruba adults and teenagers who have never been to their hometowns and don't know the road to their villages.

Whereas it is cool for yorubas to invest in Lagos and take pride in it, it would continue to be very embarrassing seeing the same very developed Lagos side by side with terrible looking hinterland yoruba towns and villages. It will continue to remain very shameful and an eye sore.
Your opinion very differ from reality.
South west got nice place excluding Lagos

AKURE

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Etogist: 9:42pm On May 06, 2017
So, you're trying to tell us that Ibadan has been static ever since. Sorry.
Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Nowenuse: 9:49pm On May 06, 2017
Oxtonguy:

AKURE

I've been to Akure and i say Kudos to the governor. He is doing a great job. Parts of Abeokuta also look very cool, but these are probably this way because they are administrative capital cities.
Yorubas have many towns in their states aside the capital cities.

The thing is, many Yorubas do not build modern houses in their hometowns, unlike the Igbos. Almost every succesful Igbo man must have a very beautiful mansion in his village. This has made the Igbo countryside the most beautiful and advanced in Nigeria (except for Ebonyi and parts of Abia states).

Although i think this development of Igbos is somehow a function of their culture and society.
This is a culture i think all Nigerians should emulate from the Igbos. Nothing as beautiful as seeing the development of the countryside of a place, especially in Africa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by arinze2015: 9:59pm On May 06, 2017
Oxtonguy:

AKURE
which akure se this one abi ewo

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by MXrep: 10:00pm On May 06, 2017
Oxtonguy:

AKURE
This is administrative part of a state capital, residential part will be rusted roofs as usual and the hinterlands like Owo, Intangbolo etc will be something else, i know Akure and ondo state very well. This is a typical yoruba town, outside the capitals

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Oxtonguy: 10:07pm On May 06, 2017
MXrep:

This is administrative part of a state capital, residential part will be rusted roofs as usual and the hinterlands like Owo, Intangbolo etc will be something else, i know Akure and ondo state very well
Akure residential

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by arinze2015: 10:12pm On May 06, 2017
akure ti mo mon

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by MXrep: 10:18pm On May 06, 2017
Oxtonguy:
Akure residential
Of course these are highbrow area for politicians, not the middleclass area for the general public, in the east, such middle class residential are xterized by multistorey blocks of flat. I do not have for Akure, but this is for Abeokuta

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Allann(m): 10:18pm On May 06, 2017
Yyeske:
See consolation over rubbish. Is Ibadan the oldest city in the world? Why is more than 90% of the city brown roofed or is it a case of arrested development.
Remember, I get am before no be property

Ibadan, as is the case with most yoruba towns, is reputed for sitting on seven hills. The undulating landscape make the corrugated brown roofs so conspicuous. Save that, there is no ancient town in Nigeria that does not have it's fair share of brown roofs, except for those living in caves as at the time those brown roof buildings were being erected.
Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Oxtonguy: 10:29pm On May 06, 2017
MXrep:

Of course these are highbrow area for politicians, not the middleclass area for the general public, in the east, such middle class residential are xterized by multistorey blocks of flat. I do not have for Akure, but this is for Abeokuta
You can't have for Akure, because Akure is a modern city, ancient city like Abeokuta has of those brown things you are posting why new cities like Akure has little that can't be rendered aerially. You only succeeded posting those ancient buildings of Abeokuta. Why do you ignore the new areas undecided

Modern part of Abeokuta

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by MXrep: 10:55pm On May 06, 2017
Oxtonguy:
You can't have for Akure, because Akure is a modern city, ancient city like Abeokuta has of those brown things you are posting why new cities like Akure has little that can't be rendered aerially. You only succeeded posting those ancient buildings of Abeokuta. Why do you ignore the new areas undecided

Modern part of Abeokuta
No yoruba city or town is devoid of their rusted roof trademark, Akure seems to the least affected though, this is akure middleclass area. The taxi colour is a confirmation of authenticity of the pics
by the way, your pics are heavily edited, trying to hide something?

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by arinze2015: 10:58pm On May 06, 2017
more of akure

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Oxtonguy: 11:01pm On May 06, 2017
MXrep:

No yoruba city or town is devoid of their rusted roof trademark, Akure seems to the least affected though, this is akure middleclass area. The taxi colour is a confirmation of authenticity of the pics
While this is Enugu middle class, the taxi color indicate the authenticity as well

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by MXrep: 11:05pm On May 06, 2017
Oxtonguy:
While this is Enugu middle class, the taxi color indicate the authenticity as well
your pic on enugu covers few houses, give us aerial pic or a reasonable street coverage, your second pic is off topic

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Oxtonguy: 11:08pm On May 06, 2017
arinze2015:
more of akure
Unfortunately none of your pictures are Akure, Akure was just close to be called a village when cities like Ibadan and Abeokuta are a growing ancient city. The brown roof in Akure are very few. Only ignorant can believe your fake pictures. Even Ibadan that has more BR still has more modern beautiful looking places than any of your cities.

IBADAN

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Oxtonguy: 11:10pm On May 06, 2017
MXrep:

your pic on enugu covers few houses, give us aerial pic or a reasonable street coverage, your second pic is off topic
Here Enugu

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by MXrep: 11:12pm On May 06, 2017
Oxtonguy:
Here Enugu
FIrst pic, nothing bad, market surrounded by very beautiful mutistorey appartment, second pic, iva valley far away from enugu city and very small

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by MXrep: 11:14pm On May 06, 2017
Idanre, Ondo state

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by MXrep: 11:17pm On May 06, 2017
abeokuta, ogun state

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by MXrep: 11:20pm On May 06, 2017
abeokuta

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by MXrep: 11:21pm On May 06, 2017
ibadan

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by 9jakool: 11:22pm On May 06, 2017
Nowenuse:

I've been to Akure and i say Kudos to the governor. He is doing a great job. Parts of Abeokuta also look very cool, but these are probably this way because they are administrative capital cities.
Yorubas have many towns in their states aside the capital cities.

The thing is, many Yorubas do not build modern houses in their hometowns, unlike the Igbos. Almost every succesful Igbo man must have a very beautiful mansion in his village. This has made the Igbo countryside the most beautiful and advanced in Nigeria (except for Ebonyi and parts of Abia states).

Although i think this development of Igbos is somehow a function of their culture and society.
This is a culture i think all Nigerians should emulate from the Igbos. Nothing as beautiful as seeing the development of the countryside of a place, especially in Africa.
Nigerians like to live under a fantasy but never want to come to terms with reality. Tell me a region of Nigeria that does not have brown roofs. When the Europeans visited Yorubaland, they noted the high rate of urbanism among them. For example, Ibadan at one point in time was the largest city in Nigeria and the largest in all of Subsaharan Africa. Till today, Yorubaland is one the most urbanized part of Nigeria. 40% of Nigerian cities with 100,000 people are found in the region.

It's good that you said almost every successful Igbo build a mansion. However, the truth remains that most Nigerians are poor, whether Igbo or Yoruba or whatever and cannot afford to build a mansion in their village. Most Nigerians live under inadequate infrastructure. Your sweeping generalization that many Yoruba don't build modern houses in their hometowns is false. Yoruba towns and cities embraced tin roofs and in the past, the houses look fairly decent, compare to now.

Brown roofs in my opinion is misplaced priority. It doesn't matter if you build a 4 storey mansion in a village, you are not living life to the fullest if you are surrounded by open gutters, pollution filth and litter, have to fill your generator to power your house, and drive your car on bad roads full of potholes.
What's more important than replacing brown roofs is to clean the streets and upgrade public infrastructure.

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by MXrep: 11:23pm On May 06, 2017
random pics of yorubaland

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired by Oxtonguy: 11:25pm On May 06, 2017
IGBO LAND

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

List Of Nigerian Politicians Ban From Entering The US / Bode George: Fayose Behaving Like A Heavily Disturbed Child / Jonathan Goodluck's REPORT Card - Your Assessment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.