Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

London Is Not The Paradise I Expected - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / London Is Not The Paradise I Expected (22269 Views)

London Is The World's Most Popular Capital - Again / Igboland The Emerging Paradise Of Africa / Phone Snatching In London. Is It Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by agnesoseka: 12:34pm On Feb 15, 2007
lol. embarassed
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by neugbenga(m): 1:20pm On Feb 15, 2007
IF U READ "ACRES OF DIAMOND" BY CONWEL,U WILL LIKE 2 STAY WHERE U ARE AND MAKE IT.A MAN OWNED ACRES OF DIAMONDS BUT DID NOT KNOW.AFTER HE SOLD IT ,IT WAS DISCOVERED DAT HIS LAND CONTAINED D DIAMONDS HE WAS TRAVELLING AND SEEKING 4.STAY WHERE U ARE AND SUCCEED PLS.THERE IS A DIAMIND IN U,CULTIVATE D LAND.BE CONTENTED.BE PROUD OF NAIJA.
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by sexxxxy(f): 5:49pm On Feb 15, 2007
this is Erebus drive,

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=erebus+drive&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2

When u first get,u r blown away,but when u've lived there,theres really nothing to it, and Walelead is right about the clks and flashy cars,it gets so ridiculous as in the way the nigerians flaunt it about,

But this is really,the place to be,

http://www.halfapercent.com/developments/ontario-tower-new-providence-wharf-canary-wharf-london-e14.jsp

http://homes.trovit.co.uk/index.php/cod.redirect/id.582142/precio.0/tipo.1/ordenpor./page.1?que=new-providence-wharf
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by londoner: 7:02pm On Feb 15, 2007
That St George's wharf, believe me, its lovely.
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by waleleader(m): 11:25am On Feb 16, 2007
Does anyone know if i can get a cheap flat in Erebus drive, grin, Londoners abeg hook me up

There's no better place to live
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by oyokoremo(m): 1:49pm On Feb 23, 2007
hello i wanna know you better my name is clem ok your shakara go end now if you take time clemlee4real@yahoo.com
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by creamdream: 1:32am On Feb 25, 2007
Lodon na better place b4??hiss, on my last visit na so so BOMB BLASTi dey fear, I beg (jer 4 life!!
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by bunmii(f): 2:16pm On Feb 25, 2007
No matter what i love london bomb or no bomb no where is really 100% safe in this world
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by fatliar(m): 2:29pm On Feb 25, 2007
hello bunmi

do u know any kike or kemi
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by fatliar(m): 2:31pm On Feb 25, 2007
cos i saw u on blackplanet
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by bunmii(f): 2:49pm On Feb 25, 2007
fatliar:

hello bunmi

do u know any kike or kemi

yeah i do they are my youngers who is asking?
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by fatliar(m): 3:23pm On Feb 25, 2007
my younyeah i do they are gers who is asking?
hmmmm big sista so u d bunmi dey v always been bragging about
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by bunmii(f): 3:34pm On Feb 25, 2007
okkkkkkkkkkkkkk so fatliar who u re?? where u @
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by spoilt(f): 11:47pm On Apr 18, 2007
london is not so terrible. ive been there. depends on where you are. some nigerians really have it bad and squat with each other in bad living conditions. your relatives probably have it bad. kpele.
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by donjohano(m): 12:02pm On May 06, 2007
Peckham - God help you.
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by dblock(m): 12:10pm On May 06, 2007
Most of London is like Peckham. There are only a few isolated areas with High income residential enclaves etc. The same goes for NewYork. Real Cities have wealth and opportunities throughout the whole city.

Real Cities are, Brussels, Melbourne, Zurich, Copenhagen, Aucland, Dubai, Panama etc. London is like Abuja, It is a city for the rich. Go to other cities in S.E Europe, and it is a different situation. There are opportunities and their is less social tension.
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by donjohano(m): 12:18pm On May 06, 2007
Correction - most of NIGERIAN London is like Peckham.
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by dblock(m): 12:28pm On May 06, 2007
The Most of London must be Nigerian London, cos London aint shit.
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by anusule(m): 10:29pm On May 06, 2007
creamdream:

Lodon na better place before??hiss, on my last visit na so so BOMB BLASTi dey fear, I beg (jer 4 life!!

if only truely u came to london, u wouldnt have gone back even if you use 'six months' visa. nigeria wey u dey no reach d poorest places for england. if bomb blast for nigeria, u think say rescuerers go rescue? everybody go ja! u no see as people dey rush dey help 4 7/7? abi u wear shakomended that day?
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by Vicjustice: 8:59pm On May 14, 2007
Babyface, since you've been living in the UK, have you seen anyone hungry has has there ever been any power falure? What do the people in London lack? They don't have a car doesn't mea that they can't afford it, they just don't feel it's comfortable. Is Nigeria any way close to the UK?
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by nguage(m): 3:29am On Jun 16, 2007
i was about to post some long ass post, i went blank!
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by hbrednic: 5:47am On Jun 16, 2007
i have looked around,but yet to find any single paradise on earth.
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by blonde1(f): 10:06am On Jun 16, 2007
There was an international survey of quality of living in different cities. The top 5 cities were Zurich, Geneva, Vienna, Vancouver, and Auckland. London is 39th.

(The criteria were: Political and social environment (political stability, crime, law enforcement, etc), Economic environment (currency exchange regulations, banking services, etc), Socio-cultural environment (censorship, limitations on personal freedom, etc) Health and sanitation (medical supplies and services, infectious diseases, sewage, waste disposal, air pollution, etc)Schools and education (standard and availability of international schools, etc) Public services and transportation (electricity, water, public transport, traffic congestion, et Recreation (restaurants, theatres, cinemas, sports and leisure, etc) Consumer goods (availability of food/daily consumption items, cars, etc) Housing (housing, household appliances, furniture, maintenance services, etc) Natural environment (climate, record of natural disasters)

London, being one of the richest and most expensive cities in the world, could do better. There are places where you can have a better life while the costs of living are lower.

London isn't that bad, but it's surely overrated as the primary destination.

I visited London a few times, but I wouldn't like to live there.
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by Reverend(m): 10:51am On Jun 23, 2007
Then go home immediately lipsrsealed
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by blonde1(f): 11:50am On Jun 23, 2007
Reverend:

Then go home immediately lipsrsealed

What do you mean? I do not live in London.
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by Reverend(m): 12:02pm On Jun 23, 2007
blonde1:

What do you mean? I do not live in London.

Was not directed at you grin
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by donjohano(m): 4:19pm On Jun 23, 2007
The most interesting cities tend to be overpopulated and infrastructurally-challenged as a result - London, New York, Paris. These cities happen to be the most multicultural - almost every nationality is representes in these 3 cities and nowhere else. Cities like Auckalnd, Vancouver, Geneva, etc, are pleasant places to dwell, but are more like overgrown suburbs than true cities.
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by donjohano(m): 4:23pm On Jun 23, 2007
Excuse the typos - blame it on the Muscadet.
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by anusule(m): 8:22pm On Jun 28, 2007
if u dont like london or uk, then, backoff!
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by temmyabby(f): 2:48pm On Jun 29, 2007
lol,  grin i feel u, got here dec n i'm like, ok maybe its cos its winter, k summers here its more or less the same, its been raining 4 bout a week now  angry sum bloody summer , spent summer last year in belgium with my ma, its was really kul summer or no, tink i'll rather be in the us than here  undecided but then maybe i'm judging too early
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by anusule(m): 10:15pm On Jul 01, 2007
il tell u wat, this rainy summer is God's work, how wonderful. i love it. smiley
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by Makamiyaki(m): 1:48pm On Jul 02, 2007
come back at once nah, why are u complaining!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India / First Nation Airlines Suspends Operations / Boeing To Lay Off Staff After $641M First-Quarter Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.