Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

London Is Not The Paradise I Expected - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / London Is Not The Paradise I Expected (22268 Views)

London Is The World's Most Popular Capital - Again / Igboland The Emerging Paradise Of Africa / Phone Snatching In London. Is It Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by waleleader(m): 11:52am On Feb 05, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

so wale, in other words, he actually speaks English?

cheesy cheesy cheesy, that was a good one @TOH

kitaun:

Wale, when u become detective? i fit recommend u for Scotland Yard o!!

@kitaun,
Na today? e do tay wey i don dey for this bizness

@terracota,

Nigerians are all over London, its not so obvious outside peckham/brixton and Hackney but they are there. Its generally anywhere in south east like  Woolwich, greenwich, Thamesmead (the emerging peckham), new cross, lewisham in fact they are taking over parts of Essex. But if u want Igbos in large numbers, i think it would be Edmonton in North London.

restaurants that i know, Ikoko @ WoodGreen , Tomis kitchen, hackney and Deptford, Obalende in Dalston and peckham, Aso rock, Dalston, Agege bread shop (can't remember the real name) in Deptford high road,

naija clubs, EStablishment @ swiss cottage, Ntyce@woolwich, Goddis @new cross, Club meantime @ Geenwich etc
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by waleleader(m): 11:54am On Feb 05, 2007
@coco29,

Why superman, dont u have a question for me too,

im jealous cool grin
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by superman(m): 9:36pm On Feb 05, 2007
haha na waa oo! hahhahhhhaaaaaaa damn nawaa o
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by Coco29(f): 9:39pm On Feb 05, 2007
walelead:

@coco29,

Why superman, don't u have a question for me too,

im jealous cool grin

o baby u know we go way back now! email me kiss

@superman i emailed u back.
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by superman(m): 9:45pm On Feb 05, 2007
sori coc29 dnt get the email. use the adress on my profile pls anyway it shuld be the same email adress i sent u
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by Coco29(f): 9:46pm On Feb 05, 2007
wink
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by purplebaby: 10:26pm On Feb 05, 2007
babyface, i read ur story and i totally agree wit u. London no bi am atall. nigers dey suffer 4 there no bi small. My dar nothing much 2 do because its cold. try 2 enjoy urself by sleepin.
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by TerraCotta(m): 11:34pm On Feb 05, 2007
Wale--Thanks for your suggestions. London's changed so much--I've heard about the changes in Thamesmead and the owambe parties grin. Never was anything like that when I was younger.

Anybody else who wants to add up-to-the-minute Naija places of interest in London--stores, neighborhoods, clubs/bars etc.--please do. I'm trying to make sure people like Babyfayce don't have cause for complaint in the future cheesy
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by 4Play(m): 1:04am On Feb 06, 2007
walelead:

@coco29,

Why superman, don't u have a question for me too,

im jealous cool grin
@Walelead
Na so your job prospects for Goldman Sachs go disapear
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by waleleader(m): 11:26am On Feb 06, 2007
4 Play:

@Walelead
Na so your job prospects for Goldman Sachs go disapear

Bros,

I Joke I joke, I Kid, I kid. grin grin

BTW, Na ur ends we go come celebrate if Nigeria wins tonight. Cheers
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by superman(m): 1:34pm On Feb 06, 2007
4play abi na too much licky licky don de kolo u! easy ooo! use ur magic stick sometimes ha
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by olusola200: 9:41pm On Feb 07, 2007
YOU ARE RIGHT NIJA IS BETTER THAN LONDON
FOR AN AVERAGE MAN NIJA IS BETTER
YOU ARE NOT ALL THAT SAFE IN LONDON AS A BLACK MAN
I WAS PASSING THROUGH THE UNDERGROUND FOOT TUNNEL FROM
NORTH WOOLWICH TO WOOLWICH  SOME EASTERN EUROPEAN ARE
WALKING AND SHOUT LIKE A MONKEY
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by olusola200: 9:42pm On Feb 07, 2007
YOU ARE RIGHT NIJA IS BETTER THAN LONDON
FOR AN AVERAGE MAN NIJA IS BETTER
YOU ARE NOT ALL THAT SAFE IN LONDON AS A BLACK MAN
I WAS PASSING THROUGH THE UNDERGROUND FOOT TUNNEL FROM
NORTH WOOLWICH TO WOOLWICH  SOME EASTERN EUROPEAN ARE
WALKING AND SHOUT LIKE A MONKEY
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by superman(m): 1:15am On Feb 08, 2007
Police believe the murder of a church-going schoolboy gunned down in his bed could be a case of mistaken identity.

They are investigating the gangland-style killing in which the boy was shot in his bedroom at his family's home in Diamond Street, Peckham, south London.

Police believe two men forced their way into the house just before 1am in what they called "a targeted attack".

The boy's older sister was in the house at the time and rushed to give first aid as the gunmen fled.

But the boy, who celebrated his 15th birthday on Sunday, died less than an hour later at King's College Hospital. Police are not naming him until his next of kin have been informed.

Forensic teams are continuing their search of the house the boy shared with his Nigerian parents. The teenager was a regular at the Celestial Church of Christ, in nearby Bird In Bush Road, and attended St Michael's Secondary School, in Bermondsey.

Officers from Scotland Yard's Operation Trident team, which investigates gun crime in the black community, have not found any link between the boy and local gangs. They are examining the possibility that it could be a case of mistaken identity.

Detectives have spoken to his sister to see if the teenager revealed any vital clues as to the identity of the killers before he died.

Detective Superintendent Gary Richardson, who is leading the investigation, said there was currently nothing to link the boy's murder to gangs or other shootings in the area in the past week.

"The boy was not known to police before this incident and we are not linking this to gangs or any other incidents which have occurred in the past few days," he said.
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by fatliar(m): 2:25am On Feb 08, 2007
superman u r 2 good
dat was how i read it in d paper from word 2 word
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by waleleader(m): 2:36am On Feb 08, 2007
hey fatliar,
Did u get to take our JJC around?I saw u were the only one kind enuf to offer real help
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by 4Play(m): 2:40am On Feb 08, 2007
;d
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by waleleader(m): 2:43am On Feb 08, 2007
Abi na make Nspcc catch u go better  grin grin
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by 4Play(m): 2:44am On Feb 08, 2007
Na u they go catch grin
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:44am On Feb 08, 2007
do all the nairaland members in England know one another?
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by waleleader(m): 2:48am On Feb 08, 2007
No worries bros, I go comot am.

@TOH,
thats the benefit of living in UK, we know ourselves. Innit 4play
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by 4Play(m): 2:49am On Feb 08, 2007
@Walelead
Na correct guy u be grin
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by waleleader(m): 2:51am On Feb 08, 2007
I don do am, I been wan do small shakara  grin

Nothing dey happen, we are together. Me i dey sleep be that wink
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by 4Play(m): 2:53am On Feb 08, 2007
I for come find u for house

So u go the match.

I dey hide from Ghanaians ever since
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by waleleader(m): 2:57am On Feb 08, 2007
Abeg make we no talk about that match again

The cold wey catch me no be small, u had to see me running from the stadium

I called in sick but my manager did not buy it, he knew about the match grin

Luckily for me, the Ghanian guys were away celebrating so i did not see any of them. i think they are celebrating at EKUbanz club Tottenham on Friday

The weather helped too, if it was summer, they would have been drumming on the streets
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by 4Play(m): 3:01am On Feb 08, 2007
I don become emergency Sierra Leonean for the meantime. grin
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by waleleader(m): 3:04am On Feb 08, 2007
I been plan to use British, but now wey england sef don loose. Im Stateless grin
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by anabell(f): 2:46pm On Feb 08, 2007
i really feel for u, but london can really be fun 4 a holiday if u move with d rite crowd, there are so many places u could go to take lovly pics, maybe ur people are broke look 4 some ur friend in london to take u out, or take d tour bus around
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by fatliar(m): 3:28pm On Feb 08, 2007
u cant still find london intresting u better go back home
i told u 2 buzz me so i could take u out but u no reply
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by tinard(m): 8:10pm On Feb 08, 2007
shame about the Nigeria loss but come on i'm sure you had fun today. Since this was your first visit, you should have gone into the park and had fun with the snow.

Even if the people you came to visit are poor, the park is free and it's a nice place to come across people of all kinds, just stay away from the likes of fatliar, i beleieve he was right about his name probably wants to do the torso in the thames rubbish all over again.
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by fatliar(m): 8:40pm On Feb 08, 2007
from the likes of fatliar, i beleieve he was right about his name probably wants to do the torso in the thames rubbish all over again.

am not like dat serious i dont mind taking him round 4 2 days
may b he could have a change of hearth
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by ubine(m): 11:09am On Feb 13, 2007
grin this is really funny and astonishing. life is just funny. u can go to the park to have fun at least u dont have to pay for that just make sure you have something u come home and tell. if there is any way u can get involve in something doing so u can get cash, u do so u can buy some goodies for ur friends when comming  shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India / First Nation Airlines Suspends Operations / Boeing To Lay Off Staff After $641M First-Quarter Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.