Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,110 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

"How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" - Religion (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" (93807 Views)

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / How To Witness To A Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (96) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 11:58pm On Jan 25, 2019
TATIME:
Instead of going to sue their useless religious title chiefs that taught them unexplainable doctrines, they're agitating against JWs for showing them the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of what the Bible is saying!
Imagine "Jesus is the Almighty God but when this same Jesus is in trouble He started crying out loudly to Himself to come and save Himself!

false jw tatime
i understand how you love to support other pharisees jw's in lies
but truly God is Father and the Word, john 1:1

and Jesus cried out to His Father not to Himself
but you false jw's love to mock God and the Word:

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 12:31am On Jan 26, 2019
Janosky:

The "god" of OLAADEGBU cried out with a loud voice & died where he was impaled. (Matt27:50).
Una sense done lost tay tay.

lying pharisees jano/onej

If God hadn't become man and died for the sins of the world, then none would be save
but that doesn't apply to you of satans mob

Jehovah is Saviour:
Hos_13:4  Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

Jesus is Saviour:
Act 4:12  Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

^^^ showing that Jehovah-Jesus is God:
Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 1:03am On Jan 26, 2019
Janosky:

* It is senseless & illogical to say or believe that two distinct spirits "The Word with the God" is one God.

lying pharisee false jw jano/onej and forever confused know nothing
God is a Spirit, one Spirit, not two

Father and the Word is two persons having the same one Spirit which is God

Father and the Word is two persons in God:
Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

God is a Spirit:
Joh_4:24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

two persons, one God-one Spirit
but you lying pharisee jano/onej will never understand, you are to duh and so so confused

Rev_21:8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 26, 2019
johnw47:

false jw tatime
i understand how you love to support other pharisees jw's in lies
but truly God is Father and the Word, john 1:1

and Jesus cried out to His Father not to Himself
but you false jw's love to mock God and the Word:
See cognitive dissonance ooooooo! cheesy cheesy cheesy
"Jesus cried out to His Father not to Himself"
But if you now ask our friend "who is Jesus"
Instead of using his brains he will DOGMATICALLY follow the tradition of his confused churches and answer "Jesus is the Father to whom He (Jesus) is crying to for help" embarassed embarassed embarassed

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by ochibuogwu5: 12:33pm On Jan 26, 2019
God himself confirmed Jesus Christ his Son as GOD thus
"And concerning the angels He says,

“Who makes His angels winds,
And His ministering servants flames of fire [to do His bidding].”

8 But about the Son [the Father says to Him],

“Your throne, *O GOD*, is forever and ever,
And the scepter of [absolute] righteousness is the scepter of His kingdom" {Hebrews 1:7-8 AMP}

It is quite unfortunate that Jehovah-witness members have been *held spell-bound* from their *watch-tower leaders* who "rewrote the whole Holy Bible and gave them ERROR in the name of bible"
In John 1:1; their bible said "the word was god instead of GOD"
in John 8:58; Jesus said before Abraham I AM{that is the ORIGINAL NAME OF GOD as he revealed to Moses in Exodus 3:14 "I AM WHO AM"} but their own version said "before Abraham I have been" and so many other errors.
I pray for the sincere souls among them that the Holy Spirit will release his GRACE to deliver them from the TWIST OF DARKNESS by the devil who is using WATCH TOWER GROUP in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 26, 2019
ochibuogwu5:

And the scepter of [absolute] righteousness is the scepter of His kingdom" {Hebrews 1:7-8 AMP}

It is quite unfortunate that Jehovah-witness members have been *held spell-bound* from their *watch-tower leaders* who "rewrote the whole Holy Bible and gave them ERROR in the name of bible"
in John 8:58; Jesus said before Abraham I AM{that is the ORIGINAL NAME OF GOD as he revealed to Moses in Exodus 3:14 "I AM WHO AM"} but their own version said "before Abraham I have been" and so many other errors.
I pray for the sincere souls among them that the Holy Spirit will release his GRACE to deliver them from the TWIST OF DARKNESS by the devil who is using WATCH TOWER GROUP in Jesus name. Amen.
About your prayer Sir it's a pity you haven't taken your time to listen to JWs regarding all these accusations but it's OK you win some and you loose some. Because there are texts showing that God referred to other creatures as God,the only problem with translators is making it seems as if their version makes the best interpretation of God's word.
For your information Sir, there is NO rendering of titles in big or small letters during the time inspired writers were penning down those words, so whether you write GOD or God or god,it's the INTERPRETERS works NOT those writing it as they were inspired!
It is the interpreters that are rendering these texts based on their own understanding!
So when GOD told Moses "i am making you GOD before Pharaoh" all the titles were rendered the same way! Check Psalm 110:1 there David wrote "YHWH said to my lord" but the interpreters rendered this verse as "The LORD said to my Lord"
Peter later cleared all doubts that the first Lord is YHWH while the other lord is Jesus. Act 2:34
Please with all of these,how easy is it for open minded person to agree that Jesus is the same as YHWH? embarassed embarassed

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Janosky: 2:33pm On Jan 26, 2019
ochibuogwu5:

Dear, your ignorance seems like bliss to you. Your prayer is useless, matter of fact.

U no even know the holy scriptures but believe a fraud.

*Exodus 3:14 says "I will cause to be what /who I will cause to be " (or I will be what/ who I will be"wink.
" I am what I am" is a corrupt invention to make it seem as if John 8:58 and Exodus 3:14 is the same.

"I am" in Greek means " I exist" or "I have been ", that's not what Exodus 3:14 is saying.

*Heb1:7,8 is a quote of Ps45:6,7. Psalms 45 referred to King David/ king Solomon (1chr28:5. 29:23) & later to Jesus Christ ( Luk1:31-33).
At anytime, did Jews. or Israelites read psalms 45:6,7& believed that king David or Solomon is God?
The answer is no.

"God is your throne forever" (in 1chr28:5. 29:23) is the correct expression. That is what the Jews believed in Psalms 45:6,7 & Heb1:7,8.

"Thy throne, O God" is fake and a man made corruption of scriptures
to support false doctrine.

* In John 1:1, u agree that the Word is not the Father. Because Jesus called the Father "the only true God" (John 17:3)& "One God,the Father " ( 1cor8:6), Jesus is not the only true God.
Or Jesus is not the God whom the Father is.
Isaiah 40:25 "To whom will you compare me? Or who is my equal? says the Holy One" Jehovah.
Jehovah ,the Most High God has no equal. (but Jesus has "thy fellows", his peers/mates ,Heb1:9) Jesus is NOT equal to Jehovah God. (Psalms 83:18. John 14:28) . Jesus is not God.
John 20:17,30,31.

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Janosky: 3:43pm On Jan 26, 2019
johnw47:

If God hadn't become man and died for the sins of the world, then none would be save

Jehovah is Saviour:
Hos_13:4  Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

Jesus is Saviour:
Act 4:12  Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

U still carried your foolishness come here. Lol

* My God Jehovah (YAHWEH) is immortal & can never die.(1tim1:17. Ps83:18. 90:2).
But the false gods of Johnw lying Pharisee died . Your triune gods is a fake & powerless one.

. * The earth is Jehovah's footstool & heaven is His throne ( Isa66:1, Psalms 115:16), the name of Jesus can only save sinful men on earth,not in heaven.
Jehovah sent Jesus to save men who believe in his son Jesus Christ. John 3:16,36.
foolish johnw lying Pharisee, Jesus the messenger is not Jehovah who sent him (John 7:16).

* U agreed that the Word is not the Father whom Jesus called " the only true God" ( John17:3), therefore, Jesus is not the God whom his Father is.
"the Word is with the God" Almighty, Jehovah, his Father & God (John 20:17,30,31).

johnw junior is with his Father, Johnw47 & Johnw junior is Johnw47, that's how senseless you have become.

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by ableguy(m): 7:21pm On Jan 26, 2019
Janosky:

* My God Jehovah (YAHWEH) is immortal & can never die.(1tim1:17. Ps83:18. 90:2).
But the false gods of Johnw lying Pharisee died . Your triune gods is a fake & powerless one.

. * The earth is Jehovah's footstool & heaven is His throne ( Isa66:1, Psalms 115:16), the name of Jesus can only save sinful men on earth,not in heaven.
Jehovah sent Jesus to save men who believe in his son Jesus Christ. John 3:16,36.
foolish johnw lying Pharisee, Jesus the messenger is not Jehovah who sent him (John 7:16).

* U agreed that the Word is not the Father whom Jesus called " the only true God" ( John17:3), therefore, Jesus is not the God whom his Father is.
"the Word is with the God" Almighty, Jehovah, his Father & God (John 20:17,30,31).

johnw junior is with his Father, Johnw47 & Johnw junior is Johnw47, that's how senseless you have become.
Chaii, this john will certainly be in pain by now, he will be like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 10:45pm On Jan 26, 2019
TATIME:
See cognitive dissonance ooooooo! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Instead of using his brains he will DOGMATICALLY follow the tradition of his confused churches and answer "Jesus is the Father to whom He (Jesus) is crying to for help" embarassed embarassed embarassed

cannot stop lying false jw tatime

i didn't say Jesus is the Father
even a know nothing like your self shoulld know that Jesus is the Son
i have said Jesus and the Father is God, as per john 1:1

but remain in lies and confusion tatime, you have no choice, it is you

1Co_14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Jas_3:16  For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

@bold underline, duh, show where i have ever said that oh cannot stop lying tatime, son of your father the devil
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 11:00pm On Jan 26, 2019
TATIME:
About your prayer Sir it's a pity you haven't taken your time to listen to JWs regarding all these accusations but it's OK you win some and you loose some. Because there are texts showing that God referred to other creatures as God,the only problem with translators is making it seems as if their version makes the best interpretation of God's word.
For your information Sir, there is NO rendering of titles in big or small letters during the time inspired writers were penning down those words, so whether you write GOD or God or god,it's the INTERPRETERS works NOT those writing it as they were inspired!
It is the interpreters that are rendering these texts based on their own understanding!
So when GOD told Moses "i am making you GOD before Pharaoh" all the titles were rendered the same way! Check Psalm 110:1 there David wrote "YHWH said to my lord" but the interpreters rendered this verse as "The LORD said to my Lord"
Peter later cleared all doubts that the first Lord is YHWH while the other lord is Jesus. Act 2:34
Please with all of these,how easy is it for open minded person to agree that Jesus is the same as YHWH? embarassed embarassed

lying pharisee tatime
Jesus has called Father God
and Father has called Jesus God
Father and the Word is God, john 1:1

how you hate it phony jw tatime that Father called Jesus God, laugh

Heb 1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Heb 1:9  Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

^^^ @underline, Father and the Word is God, john 1:1
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 12:10am On Jan 27, 2019
Janosky:

lying pharisee false jw jano/onej

i see, Jesus can only save sinful men on earth,
and so Father is another savior that saves sinful men in Heaven, laughing

Jehovah-Jesus said there is no other Savior, just one Savior, hos 13:4 acts 4:12

your two saviors doctrine does go well with your two gods doctrine though
a almighty god the father and a mighty god the son

johnw47:

Jehovah is Saviour:

Jesus is Saviour:

lying pharisee false jw jano/onej
of course you don't believe those scriptures
or any other that don't agree with your satanic false doctrines

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 12:14am On Jan 27, 2019
ableguy:

Chaii, this john will certainly be in pain by now, he will be like

just keep on believing what you are told to believe
now run along, that's the good little girly
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 2:19am On Jan 27, 2019
God is Father and the Word, two persons, one God:

Father and the Word, two persons, one God, created all things:
Gen 1:1  In the beginning God (Father and the Word) created the heaven and the earth.
Joh 1:3  All things were made by him (Jesus); and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Gen 1:26  And God said, Let us (Father and the Word) make man in our (Father and the Word) image, after our (Father and the Word) likeness:
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 2:40am On Jan 27, 2019
TATIME: See cognitive dissonance ooooooo! cheesy cheesy cheesy

cannot stop lying pharisee tatime
i have told you more than once i am non denominational
but see how you satans mob cannor stop lying, taking after your god the father of lies:

truly no liar let alone a habitual liar, is of God and saved

Rev_20:15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 7:05am On Jan 27, 2019
Janosky:

* U agreed that the Word is not the Father

oh duh duh duh, lying pharisee jano/onej
once again, yes the Word is not the Father, the Word was with the Father, john 1:1

Janosky:

therefore, Jesus is not the God whom his Father is.

know nothing false jw jano/onej

the Word Jesus was with God and the Word Jesus was God, john 1:1
truly Father and the Word is God, john 1:1, not the two false gods that you false jw's believe in

lying pharisee jano/onej

you are happy in your confusion to post the same things over and over again which have been answered,
because that is all you have, you have nothing else, you know nothing else

and i am more than happy to post the truth over and over again, and here is some more:

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 7:10am On Jan 27, 2019
Janosky:

duh, know nothing lying pharisee jano/onej

God the Word became flesh, john 1:14, that flesh died,

His Spirit which is God, john 1:1 and john 4:14, of course did not die

Jesus said He would raise His body, john 2:19, and He-God did raise His body, john 10:17-18, acts 3:15

^^^ Jesus raised His body, God raised Jesus body, showing yet again that Jesus is God:

joh 1:1 in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

Joh 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Joh_4:24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Joh_2:19  Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Joh 10:17  Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 
Joh 10:18  No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Act 3:15  And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 8:56am On Jan 27, 2019
Janosky:

the false gods of Johnw lying Pharisee died

lying pharisee false jw deceiver jano/onej

you love to mock Jesus
according to you Jesus Christ the Lord and Saviour of the world
is a false god who died

you will truly have your reward:

Rev_20:15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 27, 2019
johnw47:

cannot stop lying pharisee tatime
i have told you more than once i am non denominational
but see how you satans mob cannor stop lying, taking after your god the father of lies:

truly no liar let alone a habitual liar, is of God and saved

The simple question is "WHO IS JESUS?"
Because the Bible clearly says "Jesus CRIED OUT to His father"
So Mr Nonedenominational "WHO IS JESUS?"

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 27, 2019
johnw47:

lying pharisee tatime
Jesus has called Father God
and Father has called Jesus God
Father and the Word is God, john 1:1

how you hate it phony jw tatime that Father called Jesus God, laugh

Heb 1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Heb 1:9  Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

^^^ @underline, Father and the Word is God, john 1:1

God called Moses "God" Exodus 7:1 grin grin grin

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Janosky: 12:55pm On Jan 27, 2019
johnw47:

duh, know nothing lying pharisee jano/onej

God the Word became flesh, john 1:14, that flesh died,

His Spirit which is God, john 1:1 and john 4:14, of course did not die

Jesus said He would raise His body, john 2:19, and He-God did raise His body, john 10:17-18, acts 3:15

^^^ Jesus raised His body, God raised Jesus body, showing yet again that Jesus is God:

joh 1:1 in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

Joh 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Joh_2:19  Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Joh 10:17  Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 
Joh 10:18  No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Act 3:15  And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

"He-God did raised his body... Jesus raised his body, God raised Jesus body , showing yet again that Jesus is God"

Your triune gods died, that's not the only true God, Jehovah who is immortal (John17:3.1tim1:17,Ps90:2).
Of a truth, u are a coded pagan & Pharisee wey dey form Christian.

johnw lying Pharisee has added a fresh dimension to his cocktail of lies.

U no get sense ,even the atom of sense u no get.
When Yahweh dey give all man sense, u & your fellow Pharisees refused it. Lol

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 11:38pm On Jan 27, 2019
TATIME:
The simple question is "WHO IS JESUS?"
Because the Bible clearly says "Jesus CRIED OUT to His father"
So Mr Nonedenominational "WHO IS JESUS?"

truly it isn't simple to you false jw tatime, you haven't a clue

the word was made flesh for the Salvation of the world, and Jesus cries out in extreme pain and anguish to His Father,
what's your mystery?

who is Jesus you ask

duh, for the, is it 100 times now

read it for yourself:

Joh 1:2  The same was in the beginning with God. 
Joh 1:3  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 11:45pm On Jan 27, 2019
continue

Who is Jesus Christ?
by a christian

Answer: Unlike the question “Does God exist?” very few people question whether Jesus Christ existed. It is generally accepted that Jesus was truly a man who walked on the earth in Israel 2000 years ago. The debate begins when the subject of Jesus' full identity is discussed. Almost every major religion teaches that Jesus was a prophet or a good teacher or a godly man. The problem is that the Bible tells us that Jesus was infinitely more than a prophet, a good teacher, or a godly man.

C.S. Lewis in his book Mere Christianity writes the following: “I am trying here to prevent anyone from saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him [Jesus Christ]: 'I'm ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don't accept his claim to be God.' That is the one thing we must not say. A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic—on a level with a man who says he is a poached egg—or else he would be the Devil of hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God, or else a madman or something worse. You can shut him up for fool, you can spit at him and kill him as a demon; or you can fall at his feet and call him Lord and God. But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about his being a great human teacher. He has not left that option open to us. He did not intend to.”

So, who did Jesus claim to be? Who does the Bible say He is? First, let's look at Jesus’ words in John 10:30, “I and the Father are one.” At first glance, this might not seem to be a claim to be God. However, look at the Jews’ reaction to His statement, “‘We are not stoning you for any of these,’ replied the Jews, ‘but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God’” (John 10:33). The Jews understood Jesus’ statement as a claim to be God. In the following verses, Jesus never corrects the Jews by saying, “I did not claim to be God.” That indicates Jesus was truly saying He was God by declaring, “I and the Father are one” (John 10:30). John 8:58 is another example: “‘I tell you the truth,’ Jesus answered, ‘before Abraham was born, I am!’” Again, in response, the Jews took up stones in an attempt to stone Jesus (John 8:59). Jesus’ announcing His identity as “I am” is a direct application of the Old Testament name for God (Exodus 3:14). Why would the Jews again want to stone Jesus if He had not said something they believed to be blasphemous, namely, a claim to be God?

John 1:1 says “the Word was God.” John 1:14 says “the Word became flesh.” This clearly indicates that Jesus is God in the flesh. Thomas the disciple declared to Jesus, “My Lord and my God” (John 20:28). Jesus does not correct him. The apostle Paul describes Him as, “…our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ” (Titus 2:13). The apostle Peter says the same, “…our God and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 1:1). God the Father is witness of Jesus’ full identity as well, “But about the Son he says, ‘Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.’” Old Testament prophecies of Christ announce His deity, “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6).

So, as C.S. Lewis argued, believing Jesus to be only a good teacher is not an option. Jesus clearly and undeniably claimed to be God. If He is not God, then He is a liar, and therefore not a prophet, good teacher, or godly man. In attempts to explain away the words of Jesus, modern “scholars” claim the “true historical Jesus” did not say many of the things the Bible attributes to Him. Who are we to argue with God’s Word concerning what Jesus did or did not say? How can a “scholar” two thousand years removed from Jesus have better insight into what Jesus did or did not say than those who lived with, served with, and were taught by Jesus Himself (John 14:26)?

Why is the question over Jesus’ true identity so important? Why does it matter whether or not Jesus is God? The most important reason that Jesus has to be God is that if He is not God, His death would not have been sufficient to pay the penalty for the sins of the whole world (1 John 2:2). Only God could pay such an infinite penalty (Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21). Jesus had to be God so that He could pay our debt. Jesus had to be man so He could die. Salvation is available only through faith in Jesus Christ. Jesus’ deity is why He is the only way of salvation. Jesus’ deity is why He proclaimed, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6).
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 12:08am On Jan 28, 2019
continue

Who is Jesus?
by a christian

Who is Jesus? Jesus is the central figure of Christianity and its founder. Jesus was born of a virgin, lived a perfect live, died on the cross for our sins, and three days later He rose from the dead. Jesus said, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me," (John 14:6). Also, Jesus claimed to be God in flesh. If you compare what God said to Moses in Exodus 3:14 ("And God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM') with what Jesus said in John 8:58, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am," then you quickly see that Jesus was claiming to be God. Now, when we say that Jesus is God, we are speaking of Jesus' divinity. God alone is divine and Jesus claimed that divinity. In fact, others testified that He was divine as well:

John 20:28, "Thomas answered and said to Him, 'My Lord and my God!'"
Col. 2:9, "For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form."
Heb. 1:8, "But of the Son He says, “Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever..."
As you can see, Jesus identified himself with being God and his disciples did too.

Jesus and the Trinity
Jesus is the second person of the Trinity which is the Christian teaching that there is only one God in existence and he is comprised of three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Biblically, Jesus s the Word that became flesh and dwelt among us.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God... 14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth," (John 1:1-2,14).

Jesus and the Hypostatic Union
Because the word was with God and was God and became flesh, we then state that Jesus has two natures: divine and human. This is called the hypostatic union. Therefore, Jesus is both God and man at the same time. The reason that he is God in flesh is because only God can atone for our sins. We can't do it on our own because we are finite, sinful beings and we cannot please an infinitely holy God. Also, Jesus had to be a man to be able to die for humanity. This means that Jesus took our place on the cross; that is, He took our place and suffered the wrath of God the Father. If you trust in what Christ has done, then you will be saved from the righteous judgment of God.

God is infinitely holy, sinless, and just. When we sin, when we do something contrary to God's will, then we have offended God. Since He is infinite, our offense against Him takes on an infinite quality -- because of who we have offended: an infinite God. Since no person can please an infinite God (because we are finite and sinners) then the only one left to remove our sins is God Himself. Therefore, Jesus is God in flesh, the one who died on the cross, bore our sin in his body (1 Pet. 2:24), and physically rose from the dead.

Jesus is still a man
Right now, in heaven, Jesus is still in the form of a man: "For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus," (1 Tim. 2:5). Jesus rose from the dead in the same body he died in as he predicted he would.

John 2:19-22, "Jesus answered and said to them, 'Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.' 20 The Jews therefore said, 'It took forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?' 21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body. 22 When therefore He was raised from the dead, His disciples remembered that He said this; and they believed the Scripture, and the word which Jesus had spoken,"

Also, Jesus retained the wounds of His crucifixion after He rose from the dead:

John 20:27, "Then He said to Thomas, “Reach here your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand, and put it into My side; and be not unbelieving, but believing.”

Forty days after His resurrection He ascended into heaven bodily:

Acts 1:9, "And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.

He will return again from the heavens, and will judge the world and all people:

Acts 1:11, "This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven."

Yet, at the same time, He is still divine,

Col. 2:9, "For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form."

Jesus never sinned
Jesus never did anything wrong. He performed many miracles such as healing, casting out demons, walking on water, calming a storm with the command, raising people from the dead, and rising from the dead himself. Though there have been many great teachers throughout history, none of them have performed such miracles and claimed to be divine as Jesus claimed. This is why we can believe Jesus when He says, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me," (John 14:6).
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 12:22am On Jan 28, 2019
TATIME:
God called Moses "God" Exodus 7:1 grin grin grin

Exo 7:1  And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

God made moses a god to pharaoh, simply meaning moses was representing God to pharaoh

a very weak reply from you false jw tatime, but that's to be expected

false jw tatime
post bible verses that you falsely believe show moses to be God

and i will post bible verses that truly show Jesus to be God
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 12:36am On Jan 28, 2019
Janosky:

"He-God did raised his body... Jesus raised his body, God raised Jesus body , showing yet again that Jesus is God"

Your triune gods died, that's not the only true God, Jehovah who is immortal (John17:3.1tim1:17,Ps90:2).

lying pharisee deceiver jano/onej

of course you don't believe the scriptures i posted and are blinded to the truth
and are confused like hell, that is to be expected of satans mob:

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

of course Jehovah is immortal, the man Jesus dies, not His Spirit which is God the Word, oh duh duh duh, for the ?? time, laugh

Joh_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Joh_2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Jesus temple-body was destroyed, not His Spirit, my side is splitting again know nothing false accuser jano/onej
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by ifyakanu(m): 12:41am On Jan 28, 2019
pressplay411:
Jesus preached that we are all gods.
Where ever did he claim to be God?

He prayed to God before performing any miracles. He told the thief he'd be with him in his father's house. He never ever said he was God, please stop crucifying his legacy.

Jehovahs-witnesses are labeled all sorts but at least the practice only what the Bible teaches, although they tend to go overboard. Their offense is not as grievous as other Christians who mutilate the legacy of Jesus by equating him to God. It's just ludicrous.
no one is equalling Jesus to God, for Jesus is God Himself. God is one Being of three personality.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by ifyakanu(m): 1:13am On Jan 28, 2019
God came to us in the flesh, Jesus. let's understand better from Gospel of John first chapter, "In the beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was with God, and the WORD was GOD. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him, and without him was anything made that was made" "And the WORD was made flesh and dwelled among us" (vs 1-3, 12)
some had asked, where have Jesus ever claim to be God. let's go to the gospel of John again "Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.” (John 8:58 )
This may seem like a confusing answer, but the Jews knew exactly what He was claiming. By using the term “I am,” He was making Himself out to be Yahweh (God) of the Old Testament. We know that the Jews understood His claim, since verse 59 tells us that they wanted to stone Him. He was claiming to have existed not only before Abraham, but eternally. We find the name “I AM” first used when God called Moses to lead the Israelites out of bondage in Egypt. Not being crazy about the whole idea, Moses started making excuses. If he told the “sons of Israel” that the God of their fathers had sent him to them, what should he say if they asked, “What is His name?”
And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM”; and He said, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”
Here, God, in giving this name, gives the essential meaning of Yahweh— I am the One who is. By referring to Himself with the same name, Jesus is unmistakably claiming to be God. Anyone who argues that Jesus never made such a claim simply hasn’t bothered to search the Scriptures for themselves.
The mystery of understanding the teaching of One Being three personality is revealed only by the Holy Spirit.
1 Corinthians 2: 6Yet when I am among mature believers, I do speak with words of wisdom, but not the kind of wisdom that belongs to this world or to the rulers of this world, who are soon forgotten.
7 No, the wisdom we speak of is the mystery of God —his plan that was previously hidden, even though he made it for our ultimate glory before the world began. 8 But the rulers of this world have not understood it; if they had, they would not have crucified our glorious Lord. 9 That is what the Scriptures mean when they say,
“No eye has seen, no ear has heard,
and no mind has imagined
what God has prepared
for those who love him.”
10 But it was to us that God revealed these things by his Spirit. For his Spirit searches out everything and shows us God’s deep secrets. 11 No one can know a person’s thoughts except that person’s own spirit, and no one can know God’s thoughts except God’s own Spirit. 12 And we have received God’s Spirit (not the world’s spirit), so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us.
13 When we tell you these things, we do not use words that come from human wisdom. Instead, we speak words given to us by the Spirit, using the Spirit’s words to explain spiritual truths. 14 But people who aren’t spiritual can’t receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can’t understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means.
15 Those who are spiritual can evaluate all things, but they themselves cannot be evaluated by others. 16 For,
“Who can know the LORD’s thoughts?
Who knows enough to teach him?”
But we understand these things, for we have the mind of Christ.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 5:04am On Jan 28, 2019
God our Saviour = Jesus Christ our Saviour = Jesus is God:

Tit 3:4  But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 
Tit 3:5  Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 
Tit 3:6  Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

as per john 1:1, God and the Word is God

Jesus Christ both man and God
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 6:34am On Jan 28, 2019
Janosky:

lying pharisee deceiver jano/onej

you cannot answer anything you can only falsely accuse thing that apply to you
but then you are a false jw

you don't understand or believe that Jesus said he would raise this temple - His body
you don't understand or believe that God raised Jesus
you don't understand or believe that Jesus is God

know nothing jano/onej, just ask and i will post the verses again

of course you don't understand or believe, you are satans false jw mob:
Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 7:26am On Jan 28, 2019
johnw47:

Exo 7:1  And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

God made moses a god to pharaoh, simply meaning moses was representing God to pharaoh

a very weak reply from you false jw tatime, but that's to be expected

false jw tatime
post bible verses that you falsely believe show moses to be God

and i will post bible verses that truly show Jesus to be God
GOD,God and god is the handiwork of translators NOT the inspired writers,in the ORIGINAL text all deities are rendered the same way!
Go and check other translations of the Bible,the rendering in capital or small letters is NOT the work of the ORIGINAL inspired writers. According to their original writings a God is a God,it's names that are written in capital letters like YHWH! wink wink wink
YHWH made both Moses and Jesus God!
That's why Moses could rightly say "YHWH will raise another prophet {NOT another God take note!} for the Israelites" Deuteronomy 18:15 compared to Act 3:22
So Jesus is a God/Prophet just like Moses,they were both allowed to serve in that capacity by YHWH and this never made Moses or Jesus in anyway equal to YHWH! Philippians 2:6 compared to 1Corinthians 15:27,28
God bless you! wink wink wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (96) (Reply)

"80-Year-Old 'Witch' Trapped On Electric Pole On Her Way Back" - Online User / Days Of Praise (3) — The Doctrine of Christ / Reverend Sister Leads Students Dance Group On Kiss Daniel's Music

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150