Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

"How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" - Religion (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" (93826 Views)

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / How To Witness To A Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (96) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:00pm On Mar 17, 2019
Barristter07:

I know you are a troll . but because am interested in the question asked, I will answer you. I and TATIME are two different individuals .

Now the question again;

Here is the question to determine if You are not an enemy of Christ.

1. Which part of a man is the Real person - his ordinary body OR soul/Spirit ?

2. Concerning Jesus - Which died, His Ordinary body or Soul/Spirit ?

Don't be scared, just attempt

How can I be a troll on my own thread? undecided

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Barristter07: 7:28pm On Mar 17, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

All right .

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Hairyrapunzel: 8:24pm On Mar 17, 2019
Barristter07:

All right .

So they now have the part of man that is the real and fake person? Lol

OK which part of man is the fake person - his ordinary body or soul/spirit?

You guys will be asking rubbish questions.

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 17, 2019
Barristter07:

All right .

I don't think he can answer any critical question because Pastor Kumuyi is their spokesperson all his church members only listen to him and keep posting his cartoons,that's all!
One old Yoruba General related how this so called born again brainwashing began. According to him, one man whose father was a native doctor claiming he can cure insanes inherited his father's charms and he used those charms to gather members,he also use the cane his late father use to control the psychopaths brought to him on the members of his church. He was so popular that everyone knew him as Jesu Oyingbo [Jesus of Oyingbo] because his church was built around Oyingbo[ Ebute~Metta,Lagos]
According to General,this man always say 'Yee must be born again!' and despite all his wayward life and covetousness he hypnotised all his members with charms until his death before they scattered. Before then the churches weren't possessed with the born again thing! embarassed

2 Likes

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 17, 2019
Perhaps this man is also a JW because of his REAL life experience with politics!
He is a Nigerian and to a degree we can say he has money to run for political post,but guess what he was told. embarassed What really baffles me is when some people accuses JWs of being a cult,yet they've got nothing to do with politics! undecided
Now everyone can see that politicians are nothing but cultists, let's conclude that those pastors in politics have nothing to do with cult,they just used the power of holy ghost to enter the arena of politics! wink
Jehovah's Witnesses! Thank God i listened to you people!

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:33pm On Mar 17, 2019
Barristter07:

All right .

All trolls are blacklisted on this thread.

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 12:14am On Mar 18, 2019
TATIME:
John 8:44 as usual, it's like your head is stick to John 8:44 when your heart is far away from the real understanding of it. grin grin grin
Perhaps because you were given the name John by your parents. undecided undecided undecided
Abeg uncle your mind dey far far far away from wetin John write for that place! wink wink wink

lying false jw Tatime

truly you are of your father the devil
when you speak lies you are just speaking naturally, like your father does, etc.

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

but the reason you reply with your usual lies and garbage is because you cannot deny you are paranoid
which by the way is from your daddy the devil

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 12:23am On Mar 18, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

that's just another lie from lie lie barristter

and lie lie is calling brocab a liar, ha ha

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by brocab: 12:31am On Mar 18, 2019
Maximus69:
The born again issue has proved everything. ¤Flesh and blood can't inherit the Kingdom of God~my understanding here is that we can't go to heaven with this physical body.
If you believe the above-then why are you coming to us as a Jehovah Witness trying to push another doctrine to us believers.
Maximus69:
The born again issue has proved everything.
¤Flesh and blood can't inherit the Kingdom of God~my understanding here is that we can't go to heaven with this physical body.
¤Born of water and spirit~my understanding here is that for anybody to get a pass for heavenly life,they needed to be baptised twice by water and by spirit.
What i'm not getting here now 'why should Jesus[in spirit] go against himself by taking those who never got baptised at all to a new place yet he[Jesus] said for anybody to go to heaven they must be born again[baptised both by water and spirit] whereas neither Moses, David, Abraham, Daniel and the THIEF ever got baptised at all! embarassed
Perhaps they'll resort to their normal terms MYSTERY because each time they're caught in their own net of confusion that's where they'll land!
You know a so called Pastor in my neighbourhood also tried to stop me from studying the Bible with JWs but after asking him many mind awakening questions he wanted to hide behind the MYSTERY wall. Then i asked him 'i know MYSTERY means something that is not explanatory, so if it is mystery to you,then what are you doing here? are you here just to disturb me with what you yourself can't explain? Since then he only responds to my greetings,that's if i sight him to greet if not he'll just frown his face and walk away!
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by brocab: 12:37am On Mar 18, 2019
First you said: you were a soldier-then you said; you were Mafia-and now you are claiming to be a JW?
Maximus69:
You tried Sir but what is the correlation in all of these? All churches also quote these and members do claim to understand what is sighted and quoted. Yet evil is everywhere,so what are you saying in essence? Are you saying the JWs don't quote and explain these at their meetings? And forget about the holy ghost stuff because all religious groups including Muslims claim they've got the spirit of God that helps them understand the scriptures.
What i understand clearly is there are certain fields that aids the works of the flesh, number one is politics,there is no way you can be involve in politics without getting hooked in all that Paul mentioned at Galatians 5:19-21
Jehovah's Witnesses have totally abstain from politics and this has given them credit from all sides as all the devilish acts that comes from politics dies naturally in their midst! Don't forget i worked with the military intelligence so i perfectly know the havoc that politics is causing as a whole!
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by brocab: 12:40am On Mar 18, 2019
But it's understandable-someone like yourself having no understanding-you without knowledge will never understand Christ..
Barristter07:

You are not intelligent @highlighted, Not an insult because am going to prove to you why

The Bible was written in Hebrew and Greek and translated to ENGLISH
My question says : Why did KJV translated Hades as Hell at Rev 20;14 ? To counter your FALSE. Postulation that ' Hades is not hell '

Emphasis on " translated " : the Greek word translated Hell at Revelation 20:14 KJV is Hades , Yes or No ? Does KJB rendering Hades as " Hell " not contradict your earlier claim .

Now we see the Liar grin

Your analysis is dead on arrival!

Even the KJV rendered Hades as " Grave"

" O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? " 1Cor 15:55 .

Why did KJV translate Greek Hades to English Grave ?

Am not sure you know anything about the subject you dived into.

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by johnw47: 12:50am On Mar 18, 2019
Barristter07:

It is ROBOTIC ! grin grin . so robotic that he can't give an intelligent response to any question you asked him.

Maximus69:
What surprises me is his age!
Because he's either in his late 40s or early 50s!
Yet he is so anxious to exchange insults and curses just like kids. I just keep wondering why an elderly person could be so myopic to such a degree! undecided
Tatime described him in a posts and it fits him perfectly!

the devils spirit at work there,
like old women gossips, ha ha

lie lie barristter, that is why you are called lie lie barristter

lying false jw mad max, what you call my insults and curses is in fact truth,
but you know little about that

Jud 1:18  How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

2Ti 3:13  But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 

2Ti 4:3  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Pe 2:1  But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2Pe 3:3  Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

Psa 37:12  The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth.
Psa 37:13  The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming. 

we christians laugh with the LORD cheesy

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by brocab: 1:25am On Mar 18, 2019
Without even thinking about it, try reading the bible-instead of listening to unskilled Watchtower literature that fills your heart with doctrines of unscriptural knowledge, if you were truly a man of God-you wouldn't be arguing against the Word of God!
Your religion began in 1870, by a Adventist Mason-who called himself Charles Russell..
Charles Russell was a Mason of heart, and yet Russell claimed he knew God 'being the founder of the Watchtower, he created a house of prophets and scholars from false prophesies he added and removed bible passages, a 1870 reject wrote a new bible that holds no spiritual valve, that not even you would use nor agree the NWT bible is subjected to the truth!
And this is your religion you hold your valves upon!
Maximus69:
Nobody hates honesty and sincerity yet able to render justice. I've come to understand what i'm learning from JWs that judgment is ongoing worldwide presently because each person is judging him/herself as they render their conscience dead towards sensitive matters that they supposed to see things from a neutral ground!
Had i being that religious in the past,i wonder if my intellect would be able to comprehend all these,but my neutrality coupled with having lots of atheist friends i can stand without being partial to examine where the truth is!

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 18, 2019
brocab:
Without even thinking about it, try reading the bible-instead of listening to unskilled Watchtower literature that fills your heart with doctrines of unscriptural knowledge, if you were truly a man of God-you wouldn't be arguing against the Word of God!
Your religion began in 1870, by a Adventist Mason-who called himself Charles Russell..
Charles Russell was a Mason of heart, and yet Russell claimed he knew God 'being the founder of the Watchtower, he created a house of prophets and scholars from false prophesies he added and removed bible passages, a 1870 reject wrote a new bible that holds no spiritual valve, that not even you would use nor agree the NWT bible is subjected to the truth!
And this is your religion you hold your valves upon!
Mr brocab Sir,it's how well that matters most than how far!
Neutrality is what i am using as my personal key here.
Jesus was born by a Carpenter,he's mother got pregnant before sleeping with his father,he grew up to become a carpenter,nobody knew Jesus as a teacher or scholar in any rabbinical school[as Bible school was called then] until he went to John[his COUSIN] for baptism,thereafter he began gatheting followers and performing signs.
Hmmm if i should critically look into his background,i will never have accept him as the Messiah/Christ. But what about prophecies regarding the messiah that WASN'T compiled in one single column in the scripture? His powerful teachings that turned Jewish zealots{thugs fighting for freedom of the jewish nation} to harmless sheepish citizens?
You have to start quoting from different Bible books and correlating them to prove that Jesus is the Messiah,this is what made it so difficult for those first century Jews to accept Jesus' teachings because they claim that first century Christians do cherry-pick scriptures to support their leader! undecided Today instead of concentrating on the prophesies about what TRUE Christians would achieve in this last days, most people are just supportive of the long time tradition that's common!
Well Maximus don't know Russel neither do i know any of this so called founders of churches today,but one thing i know is that logically Churches are formed and they do breakaway from one another yet there is nothing of any significance or uniqueness,it's still the same tradition that's carried from generation to generation. The group that Russel started in the 1870s have also broken to pieces just like other churches formed before and after the twentieth century but one out of Russels arrangement has emerged with tremendous achievements that's undeniable!

3 Likes

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 8:08am On Mar 18, 2019
brocab:

If you believe the above-then why are you coming to us as a Jehovah Witness trying to push another doctrine to us believers.
Did you just type this or someone did so in your behalf Mr brocab?
Please stop pilling up unforgivable sin on yourself Sir!
Jesus said every sin shall be forgiven except that which is committed against Gods holy spirit.Matthew 12:21
I awakened you from slumbering when you pointedly said one can be saved with other people's BLOOD. I reminded you what God's word said that ONLY Jesus' BLOOD can save.
Please between me and you, who is responsible for believing in other doctrine apart from God's word? Is it i that's keeping the faith in the power of Jesus' BLOOD, or you that's insinuating trying another person's BLOOD
Well may God forgive you because you're just fighting against true faith yet calling yourself a believer {Act 7:60}whereas your MISDIRECTED faith is in just any kind of BLOOD{Romans 10:2,3} you only pay lips service to Jesus' BLOOD! Matthew 15:8,9

3 Likes

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 18, 2019
johnw47:

the devils spirit at work there,
like old women gossips, ha ha

lie lie barristter, that is why you are called lie lie barristter

lying false jw mad max, what you call my insults and curses is in fact truth,
but you know little about that

Jud 1:18  How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

2Ti 3:13  But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 

2Ti 4:3  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Pe 2:1  But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2Pe 3:3  Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

Psa 37:12  The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth.
Psa 37:13  The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming. 

we christians laugh with the LORD cheesy

Of course Mr John,after reading through your FINE responses to every post everyone can testify that you are a REAL born again Christian Sir! 1Peter 3:15
God bless you! smiley

2 Likes

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 18, 2019
Maximus69:
Mr brocab Sir,it's how well that matters most than how far!
Neutrality is what i am using as my personal key here.
Jesus was born by a Carpenter,he's mother got pregnant before sleeping with his father,he grew up to become a carpenter,nobody knew Jesus as a teacher or scholar in any rabbinical school[as Bible school was called then] until he went to John[his COUSIN] for baptism,thereafter he began gatheting followers and performing signs.
Hmmm if i should critically look into his background,i will never have accept him as the Messiah/Christ. But what about prophecies regarding the messiah that WASN'T compiled in one single column in the scripture? His powerful teachings that turned Jewish zealots{thugs fighting for freedom of the jewish nation} to harmless sheepish citizens?
You have to start quoting from different Bible books and correlating them to prove that Jesus is the Messiah,this is what made it so difficult for those first century Jews to accept Jesus' teachings because they claim that first century Christians do cherry-pick scriptures to support their leader! undecided Today instead of concentrating on the prophesies about what TRUE Christians would achieve in this last days, most people are just supportive of the long time tradition that's common!
Well Maximus don't know Russel neither do i know any of this so called founders of churches today,but one thing i know is that logically Churches are formed and they do breakaway from one another yet there is nothing of any significance or uniqueness,it's still the same tradition that's carried from generation to generation. The group that Russel started in the 1870s have also broken to pieces just like other churches formed before and after the twentieth century but one out of Russels arrangement has emerged with tremendous achievements that's undeniable!
Thanks Maximus! When i first read the four gospels ,meditated on Jesus' teachings and try relating it to the reaction of His contemporaries who turned against Him even fighting hard to stop His followers from telling people about Jesus. I began doubting the whole thing because it seems so unreal! How on earth can normal people start doing all that just for the sake of old traditions that they never knew those who established it? They saw Jesus,all that He did,how He turned stubborn tax collector,fisherman,lawyer and so on to peace loving,mild tempered and responsible citizens, but they're so obsessed with those old traditions that their conscience died completely!
But after i started studying the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses, Jesus' story became REAL to me!
Now i know that all what i read in the pages of the Bible are facts and that normal people can do even worse than that! undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 18, 2019
TATIME:
Thanks Maximus! When i first read the four gospels ,meditated on Jesus' teachings and try relating it to the reaction of His contemporaries who turned against Him even fighting hard to stop His followers from telling people about Jesus. I began doubting the whole thing because it seems so unreal! How on earth can normal people start doing all that just for the sake of old traditions that they never knew those who established it? They saw Jesus,all that He did,how He turned stubborn tax collector,fisherman,lawyer and so on to peace loving,mild tempered and responsible citizens, but they're so obsessed with those old traditions that their conscience died completely!
But after i started studying the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses, Jesus' story became REAL to me!
Now i know that all what i read in the pages of the Bible are facts and that normal people can do even worse than that! undecided undecided undecided
Hmmm so true Sir,
That means all these aren't just pretext,my God! So they thought they're actually fighting for a just course! undecided
But why is it they're not thinking about Jesus' own words as recorded in the Bible? Jesus said 'he that doesn't gather with me scatters' Matthew 12:30
They're claiming NONE DENOMINATIONAL when Jesus repeatedly made mention of FOLD! What exactly could that mean to them? Isn't that enough sign to help them know they're scattered? How am i going to feel i belong to a Master,Lord and King like Jesus without visibly worshiping together with like minded people? If Jesus is REAL and his followers,and they were the target of Satan during the first century, how can anyone convince me that the present day followers of this same Jesus can't be recognized as a GROUP today?
Thanks to your folks Tatime,and the greatest thanks goes to Jehovah and his son Jesus who said 'if the tree is not good it will never bring good fruits!' Matthew 12:33-37

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by asalimpo(m): 1:23pm On Mar 18, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

Must your hate make you spread false messages, JW belive in Hell [ Heb: Sheol, Greek: Hades] ... and according to the scriptures everyone is going there [Eccl 9:5,10] , even Job prayed to go there .
you mean the grave. Sure all die but not all go to hell. You jws always wish tht hell is d grave even though scriptures indicate numerous times that it is a place of torment
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 18, 2019
asalimpo:

you mean the grave. Sure all die but not all go to hell. You jws always wish tht hell is d grave even though scriptures indicate numerous times that it is a place of torment
I also finds it difficult to agree with the JWs on that until i meditated prayerfully on two Biblical texts!
[1] Leviticus 11:44 God is HOLY!
[2] Luke 18:18,19 God is GOOD!
These two verses really contradicts the idea of an eternal place of torment prearranged by the One who is described as HOLY and GOOD!
Holy means pure~clean~without blemish, so the idea of keeping living and conscious creatures in excruciating pains for all eternity becomes an illusion! Why? Because such thought is EVIL! There is no correlation between Holiness and such intent of horrible torture! Jeremiah 7:31
For instance you might be wooed with the idea of wicked people like witches, murderers, armed robbers and co fine! But what about those who simply refused to become Christians due to their background? Will God also keep them under such conditions for sticking to their parents faith?
Let's consider what Jesus said about GOOD. He specifically mention good in connection with giving what a child demands from his father! Now people globally prays often by means of different religions and they do claim that this same God is granting their requests, this means they believe in God but majority don't accept Christ. So will this GOOD Father/God keep them in pains forever because they UNINTENTIONALLY missed the way?
What about the first and foremost sinner who brought all these upon us all? Remember that most people doing evil things and worshiping idols today can't do so if we're all living in Eden where there is no anxiety! Which means there will be no hurry hurry in getting rich, lying, stealing, cheating, killing, dealing with demons as witches or wizards!
So Adam and Eve caused all of these. Yet God's judgement on these two rebels is DEATH and a return to dust, nothing added! The Bible even say the wages of sin is DEATH! Romans 6:23
Please one needs to be calm on this matters so that we can fully grasp which one is a metaphor or literal, it's either the words GOOD+HOLY has some hidden meaning from what we generally think those words meant or the eternal torment we are taking literally means something else! Revelations 20:10

2 Likes

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by asalimpo(m): 2:35pm On Mar 18, 2019
pressplay411:
Jesus preached that we are all gods.
Where ever did he claim to be God?

He prayed to God before performing any miracles. He told the thief he'd be with him in his father's house. He never ever said he was God, please stop crucifying his legacy.

Jehovahs-witnesses are labeled all sorts but at least the practice only what the Bible teaches, although they tend to go overboard. Their offense is not as grievous as other Christians who mutilate the legacy of Jesus by equating him to God. It's just ludicrous.

Modified:
Jesus is indeed God. 1 Timothy 3:16, John 1:1, John 14:8-12, Isaiah 9:6
I was blind, but now I see.

Jesus said paradise not father's house. There's a difference.
Jws dont practice d bible. They are hooked on empty religion. The command of Jesus after resurrection is to go out nd preach the gospel to every creature. Is that what jws do? What is d gospel? Jws knock on ur gate and want to tell you how God's name is Jehovah (who cares? What does that hav to do with anything?). Then they build off that to say you should address God by his name not a title? So G-O-D is a title? First God's name ISNT Jehovah. And God HAS MANY NAMES.Secondly this isnt the gospel!The apostles didnt go about splitting hairs over God's name.They were getting ppl saved and baptized in the Holy Ghost!
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by asalimpo(m): 2:47pm On Mar 18, 2019
achorladey:

You don get time now, For your mind holy spirit no dey my body.
Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Don't come back and tell me say I need holy spirit. You hear!!!! The simple question is, if Jesus is your personal Lord and Saviour who will you call the person that assuredly made him Lord and Christ?
bros, answer the question and stop being evasive. Burying your head in d sand to blot out the sun is hypocrisy nd foolishness. Too many scriptures point to Jesus as Lord AND Saviour. What dyu do with those verses? Still arguing blindly? Yet many of you claim to only be persuaded by the scriptures. Indeed!
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by asalimpo(m): 3:13pm On Mar 18, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Let me help you out. Here some pertinent questions and answers for you to ponder on as to the nature of our Lord Jesus Christ:

"You are my witnesses, says the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that you may know and believe  me, and understand that I am He: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after Me.  I, even I, am the LORD; and beside Me there is no saviour," (Isaiah 43:10,11).

Is God the Saviour of the world?

If you study this verse I quoted above objectively, you will discover the following:

There always has been and always will be only one true God.

There is no Saviour of the world except for this one true God.

Therefore, the Saviour of the world must be the one true God.

This leads to another question:

Is Jesus the Saviour of the world?

I do not think that anyone who has read the New Testament would dispute this.  Even your favourite version of the Bible refers to Jesus as the Saviour: "and of the Saviour of us, Christ Jesus" --Titus 2:13.

Therefore, since:

The one true God is the only Saviour of the world (Isaiah 43:10,11), and

Jesus is the Saviour of the world (Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 1:1),

Jesus must therefore be the one true God.

To deny that Jesus is the one true God, one would either have to deny that Jesus is the Saviour, or say that God is lying to us in Isaiah 43:11.  Neither alternative fits with Scripture.

Does Titus 2:13 teach that Jesus is God our Saviour?

In Titus 2:13 it states the following:

"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify to Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works."

Paul is here through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit stating clearly that it is Jesus who is our great God and Saviour unless you are disputing this fact.
any1 still wanting to argue after all these is simply dishonest and prideful. Choosing rather to be married to false teaching rather than forsake them and change his ways in the light of truth.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by asalimpo(m): 3:30pm On Mar 18, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

Now be only legal spokesman. Saying Jesus is a sinner, God is a liar and Jesus Christ is not Saviour and Lord with no biblical verses to support your claims. When you have noticed you don't have any biblical support to your beliefs you start saying different things.
this is belated , but the dude was simply dodging the truth all along. With copious verses on Jesus being Lord and Saviour,any doubter should have dropped his erroneous views in a heart beat but here i saw pointless and foolish evasiveness. Proof that people are always biased in their beliefs, they then concoct reasonings to support their stands rather than change for the truth

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by pressplay411(m): 3:50pm On Mar 18, 2019
asalimpo:

Jesus said paradise not father's house. There's a difference.
Jws dont practice d bible. They are hooked on empty religion. The command of Jesus after resurrection is to go out nd preach the gospel to every creature. Is that what jws do? What is d gospel? Jws knock on ur gate and want to tell you how God's name is Jehovah (who cares? What does that hav to do with anything?). Then they build off that to say you should address God by his name not a title? So G-O-D is a title? First God's name ISNT Jehovah. And God HAS MANY NAMES.Secondly this isnt the gospel!The apostles didnt go about splitting hairs over God's name.They were getting ppl saved and baptized in the Holy Ghost!

I pray for more understanding for us all.
JW know the letter but not with understanding because they quench the Spirit and only the Holy Spirit gives understanding.
I admire their passion and commitment for soul winning, but absent the Holy Spirit, the purpose is defeated.
I pray God raises His True labourers in every church denomination, that we may truly become united in Faith. May every spirit of division, sin, pride, lust and rebellion be cast away from the body of Christ in Jesus name and may the gates of hell never prevail according the promise of our Lord Jesus Christ.
May the Kingdom of God be truly established on earth as it is in heaven in Jesus name.
Amen.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by asalimpo(m): 3:50pm On Mar 18, 2019
Maximus69:
I also finds it difficult to agree with the JWs on that until i meditated prayerfully on two Biblical texts!
[1] Leviticus 11:44 God is HOLY!
[2] Luke 18:18,19 God is GOOD!
These two verses really contradicts the idea of an eternal place of torment prearranged by the One who is described as HOLY and GOOD!
Holy means pure~clean~without blemish, so the idea of keeping living and conscious creatures in excruciating pains for all eternity becomes an illusion! Why? Because such thought is EVIL! There is no correlation between Holiness and such intent of horrible torture! Jeremiah 7:31
For instance you might be wooed with the idea of wicked people like witches, murderers, armed robbers and co fine! But what about those who simply refused to become Christians due to their background? Will God also keep them under such conditions for sticking to their parents faith?
Let's consider what Jesus said about GOOD. He specifically mention good in connection with giving what a child demands from his father! Now people globally prays often by means of different religions and they do claim that this same God is granting their requests, this means they believe in God but majority don't accept Christ. So will this GOOD Father/God keep them in pains forever because they UNINTENTIONALLY missed the way?
What about the first and foremost sinner who brought all these upon us all? Remember that most people doing evil things and worshiping idols today can't do so if we're all living in Eden where there is no anxiety! Which means there will be no hurry hurry in getting rich, lying, stealing, cheating, killing, dealing with demons as witches or wizards!
So Adam and Eve caused all of these. Yet God's judgement on these two rebels is DEATH and a return to dust, nothing added! The Bible even say the wages of sin is DEATH! Romans 6:23
Please one needs to be calm on this matters so that we can fully grasp which one is a metaphor or literal, it's either the words GOOD+HOLY has some hidden meaning from what we generally think those words meant or the eternal torment we are taking literally means something else! Revelations 20:10
nice semantics from human view point BUT LET THE BIBLE SPEAK FOR ITSELF. Stop trying to put words in the Horses mouth.
How could a Good Loving God send ppl to Hell forever? Nice stumping question. Nice. In today's humanistic world view,where secular nations send aid to countries ravaged by natural disaster,it's just unfathomable. Many hav left christianity all together because of this scary concept. Many who preach dont preach much about it. They back off. This question is prideful. Full of stinking human self righteousness tht believes it knows the absolute form righteousness should be . This mindset,i know it all,has led to d abolishment of the death penalty. Treating animals as if they are human etc. With over respect. Point is, the bible is unequivocally clear that there is a place of torment: hell nd the lake of fire.
And that ppl will b there. Arguing about is as pointless as arguing about the existence of the moon because of our own warped criteria. To b able to question God's morality,we should know as much as God knows. Then, we will b able to fault Him. Otherwise,it's simply wisdom to take Him at His word. A primary school student cant argue with the teacher over mathematics concepts because the student just doesnt know enough to qualify him/her to judge.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by asalimpo(m): 3:53pm On Mar 18, 2019
pressplay411:

I pray for more understanding for us all.
JW know the letter but not with understanding because they quench the Spirit and only the Holy Spirit gives understanding.
I admire their passion and commitment for soul winning, but absent the Holy Spirit, the purpose is defeated.
I pray God raises His True labourers in every church denomination, that we may truly become united in Faith. May every spirit of division, sin, pride, lust and rebellion be cast away from the body of Christ in Jesus name and may the gates of hell never prevail according the promise of our Lord Jesus Christ.
And may the Kingdom of God be truly established on earth as it is in heaven in Jesus name.
Amen.
Amen o!

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by asalimpo(m): 4:10pm On Mar 18, 2019
@maximus69
The bible says "the wicked shall be cast into hell and all the nations that forsake God".

The bible says "hell has enlarged itself to meet you"

the bible says "in hell the richman lifted up his eyes in fire ". Which grave has fire?
When u put all hell verses together you CANNOT HONESTLY conclude that hell is d common grave.
Why would God warn d wicked about being turned into hell,if it is the common destiny of every one?
Your mistake is that you ppl equate death with CESSATION. So you erroneously assume that physcal death is d end. But the bible talks of 3 kinds of deaths:
- physical death
- spiritual death
- the second death.
When God warned Adam about eating the fruit forbidden,He was expressly told that IN THE DAY he eats it. He shall die? In the very day (kjv). If he eats it on monday,he dies that monday. Eat it tueday,he dies tuesday. But did Adam die then,physically? No. But he died spiritually then. Eventually his spiritual death resulted in physical death. Only the kjv renders that verse right gen2v17. Look it up in the hebrew. The NT talks many times of the unbelievers being DEAD IN SIN and trespasses(spiritual death). They were spiritually dead,yet still alive physically? How could this be? Death isnt cessation except for physical death.
Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 18, 2019
asalimpo:

nice semantics from human view point BUT LET THE BIBLE SPEAK FOR ITSELF. Stop trying to put words in the Horses mouth.
How could a Good Loving God send ppl to Hell forever? Nice stumping question. Nice. In today's humanistic world view,where secular nations send aid to countries ravaged by natural disaster,it's just unfathomable. Many hav left christianity all together because of this scary concept. Many who preach dont preach much about it. They back off. This question is prideful. Full of stinking human self righteousness tht believes it knows the absolute form righteousness should be . This mindset,i know it all,has led to d abolishment of the death penalty. Treating animals as if they are human etc. With over respect. Point is, the bible is unequivocally clear that there is a place of torment: hell nd the lake of fire.
And that ppl will b there. Arguing about is as pointless as arguing about the existence of the moon because of our own warped criteria. To b able to question God's morality,we should know as much as God knows. Then, we will b able to fault Him. Otherwise,it's simply wisdom to take Him at His word. A primary school student cant argue with the teacher over mathematics concepts because the student just doesnt know enough to qualify him/her to judge.
Please try to be specific here Sir!
Due to these inhuman ideology of tormenting people in fire forever great damage has been caused by Religion as a whole because intellectuals will never agree that someone in his right mind could think of such!
So let's take it one after the other.
[1] What is happening to Adam and Eve right now, if they ever existed?
[2]What is the meaning of HOLY and GOOD according to the scriptures?
[3]Do we existed before coming to live on earth?
[4]What part of human survives death so that it could be conscious of punishment after life?
[5]Who is Satan the devil and what is his role in all of this?
[6]Where are we going to spend eternity if we eventually survive all these traps{as we're taught that it's from Satan}?
[7]Did God prearranged all of these or he later created {hellfire} after the rebellion in Eden?
[8]Did God created us here first to test us in the hands of Satan before taking us to the proper place?

Please these thought provoking questions demands intelligent answers backed with scriptural references otherwise faith in the Bible will certainly be an illusion! I believe God wouldn't demand that we go abroad to preach without equipping us with mind blowing answers that's efficient,we should be able to answer those who demands a reason to back up our beliefs even before those who don't believe in books like Bible!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 18, 2019
Maximus69:
Due to these inhuman ideology of tormenting people in fire forever great damage has been caused by Religion as a whole because intellectuals will never agree that someone in his right mind could think of such!
[4]What part of human survives death so that it could be conscious of punishment after life?
[6]Where are we going to spend eternity if we eventually survive all these traps{as we're taught that it's from Satan}?
[7]Did God prearranged all of these or he later created {hellfire} after the rebellion in Eden?
[8]Did God created us here first to test us in the hands of Satan before taking us to the proper place?

Please these thought provoking questions demands intelligent answers backed with scriptural references otherwise faith in the Bible will certainly be an illusion! I believe God wouldn't demand that we go abroad to preach without equipping us with mind blowing answers that's efficient,we should be able to answer those who demands a reason to back up our beliefs even before those who don't believe in books like Bible!
Whoever dismisses these questions without attending to it with strong reasoning can't truly be a Christian!
Paul made mentioned of our mental powers being guided. Philippians 4:7 Surely our power of reasoning must be able to comprehend whatever we believe and we must be able to impact or inculcate it in the minds of other intelligent beings with efficacy. Not just forcefully telling someone from other religious background "God will burn you forever in hellfire for disagreeing with our concept" Is that not the same thing Muslims claims? So what's the difference? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Good points you've got there Maximus! wink wink wink

2 Likes

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by asalimpo(m): 5:00pm On Mar 18, 2019
Maximus69:

so the answers to this unscriptural questions is the KEY to understanding HEAVEN ND HELL ISSUE? Dude stop being proud.
God's word is the standard not our own fabricated standard.
Holy could mean anything you want it to mean- IT DOESNT AFFECT ANYTHING ABOUT HELL BEING a place of torment.
- whether adam pre-existed or not is irrelevant.
The bible talks of hel being a place of torment with fire (see story about lazarus nd the richman- it is not a parable!)
- understanding the legality or justice (or lack of it) is IRRELEVANT. You dont know how your phone renders text to ur phone screen, yet u use it. You arent even qualified to know how it works-you just BELIEVE it. We dont need to know how hell and Justice can b aligned,but the bible is clear about it,so we can choose to believe it or not.
To critique God's justice, you have to as much as God knows on everything. Create or b able to create your galaxies in 6 days or less. Create time nd space. Create man from dust. Create dust from what? Create different angels etc. You should ofcourse b immortal. And able to go eternity without nodding from drowsiness. Answer 10 billion prayers intantly and sometimes even bf they are uttered. Then and only then can you judge whether sending a sinner to hell is just? For now you nd i dont know enough to judge.

1 Like

Re: "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 18, 2019
asalimpo:

so the answers to this unscriptural questions is the KEY to understanding HEAVEN ND HELL ISSUE? Dude stop being proud.
God's word is the standard not our own fabricated standard.
Holy could mean anything you want it to mean- IT DOESNT AFFECT ANYTHING ABOUT HELL BEING a place of torment.
- whether adam pre-existed or not is irrelevant.
The bible talks of hel being a place of torment with fire (see story about lazarus nd the richman- it is not a parable!)
- understanding the legality or justice (or lack of it) is IRRELEVANT. You dont know how your phone renders text to ur phone screen, yet u use it. You arent even qualified to know how it works-you just BELIEVE it. We dont need to know how hell and Justice can b aligned,but the bible is clear about it,so we can choose to believe it or not.
To critique God's justice, you have to as much as God knows on everything. Create or b able to create your galaxies in 6 days or less. Create time nd space. Create man from dust. Create dust from what? Create different angels etc. You should ofcourse b immortal. And able to go eternity without nodding from drowsiness. Answer 10 billion prayers intantly and sometimes even bf they are uttered. Then and only then can you judge whether sending a sinner to hell is just? For now you nd i dont know enough to judge.
Good Sir, i'll just say you can't convince any right thinking person to believe what you're saying unless they've been taught all along the same logic without asking questions!
Well that's the reason why JWs are better preachers and teachers,they have the boldness and confidence to approach anybody and knock on any door as they're fully loaded with convincing proofs that God created man from dust and at death man returns to dust. No more no less! smiley
God bless you Sir! smiley

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (96) (Reply)

"80-Year-Old 'Witch' Trapped On Electric Pole On Her Way Back" - Online User / Days Of Praise (3) — The Doctrine of Christ / Reverend Sister Leads Students Dance Group On Kiss Daniel's Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.