Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,300 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? (8145 Views)

Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? / The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. / Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by Onlytruth(m): 10:00pm On Jan 12, 2010
I'll miss my "father in the lord" Dr Daniel K. Olukoya of MFM
However since I enjoy MFM in the US, I could as well enjoy it in my new nation. wink
Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by chiogo(f): 10:04pm On Jan 12, 2010
Well, Nigeria is not really united right now in the real sense.

So, I'll miss nada. cool
Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by ElRazur: 10:09pm On Jan 12, 2010
Onlytruth:

I'll miss my "father in the lord" Dr Daniel K. Olukoya of MFM
However since I enjoy MFM in the US, I could as well enjoy it in my new nation. wink

F.uk me. . .How is he "your father" in the lord?

I have a feeling you contribute to his church every sunday too?
Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by sjeezy8: 10:12pm On Jan 12, 2010
Nothing because Lagos was always a hotspot for (Igbo,Bini,Ijaw,Beninoise,Togolese,Sierra leone,South african,Ghanians,Liberians, whites, black, muslims, christians) before One Nigeria and will stay like that forever.

Like I never cared about Nigeria that much because Lagos is like a country on its own and has always been diverse. I like Las gidi because everyone made a choice to go and live there, they were not forced and cannot argue over land allocation, Oil, Taxes and such. Eko is like "no mans land"
Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by alias64: 10:14pm On Jan 12, 2010
I would miss the Yoruba who helped to make Nigerians proud of their African roots and the joy they have for life. I would miss the Ibo’s whose potential to industrialise Nigeria would remain unfulfilled. I would miss the northerners who helped to give Nigeria some guts. I would miss the unifying force of the middle belt people. I would miss the sound of the most beautiful spoken language I ever heard which is that of the Ijaw. I would miss the minority tribes who make Nigerians the best-looking people in Africa.
Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by 9ijaprince(m): 10:14pm On Jan 12, 2010
I will miss "mulltallab farouk" the bad boy of good rich man.
Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by Onlytruth(m): 10:16pm On Jan 12, 2010
ElRazur:

F.uk me. . .How is he "your father" in the lord?

I have a feeling you contribute to his church every sunday too?

You better believe it! grin He is a real man of God and low key. If you doubt me about this man, pick up a copy of "Prayer Rain" from a bookshop. I promise you will not regret it.  wink

Anyway back to topic, I'll miss him, but as a man of God he would visit my new country in the east.
Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by aloyemeka7: 10:18pm On Jan 12, 2010
Onlytruth:

You better believe it! grin He is a real man of God and low key. If you doubt me about this man, pick up a copy of "Prayer Rain" from a bookshop. I promise you will regret it.  wink

Anyway back to topic, I'll miss him, but as a man of God he would visit my new country in the east.

Did he also give you a car?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-379332.0.html
Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by ElRazur: 10:18pm On Jan 12, 2010
Onlytruth:

You better believe it! grin He is a real man of God and low key. If you doubt me about this man, pick up a copy of "Prayer Rain" from a bookshop. I promise you will regret it.  wink

Thanks but I refuse to spend my hard earned pound sterling on some "father in the lord". lol
Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by ElRazur: 10:19pm On Jan 12, 2010
aloy*emeka:

Nice one Emeka, that is something you have done right in a long time. Well done.

Oya, is that your father in the lord? grin
Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by chiogo(f): 10:20pm On Jan 12, 2010
LOL @ "father in the Lord" grin grin
Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by Onlytruth(m): 10:24pm On Jan 12, 2010
aloy*emeka:

grin grin grin grin

I wish he did something else with that money, but hey, he is the first (among his peers) to give anything to ordinary folks in naija to encourage them in their studies and life pursuits. Ain't that bad. wink
Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by Onlytruth(m): 10:25pm On Jan 12, 2010
^^^
I myself I give handsomely to support a scholarship scheme for the poor in my home town. I wish I and other diasporans can do more.
Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by ElRazur: 10:26pm On Jan 12, 2010
Onlytruth:

grin grin grin grin

I wish he did something else with that money, but hey, he is the first (among his peers) to give anything to ordinary folks in naija to encourage them in their studies and life pursuits. Ain't that bad. wink

So your father in da lord got it wrong? Where did the money from the car comes from? Are the church account open to public scrutiny? Oh by the way, are those care tokunbos or brand new?
Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by Onlytruth(m): 10:28pm On Jan 12, 2010
^^^
Thread derailed!
Back to the topic please! grin grin
Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by ElRazur: 10:37pm On Jan 12, 2010
Onlytruth:

^^^
Thread derailed!
Back to the topic please! grin grin

I usually dont derail thread, but I am keen on knowing about this your father in the lord. After all, we have to know the Only truth. . . aint that right? grin

Seriously, he gave cars to student who passed their exams? I thought that is the whole point of getting education. . . To pass exams, learn and progress in life. .
Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by aloyemeka7: 10:42pm On Jan 12, 2010
ElRazur:

I usually dont derail thread, but I am keen on knowing about this your father in the lord. After all, we have to know the Only truth. . . aint that right? grin

Seriously, he gave cars to student who passed their exams? I thought that is the whole point of getting education. . . To pass exams, learn and progress in life. . 

Is it not better than buying a jet for himself and his children studying in London while living in $4m mansions?
Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by ElRazur: 10:47pm On Jan 12, 2010
aloy*emeka:

Is it not better than buying a jet for himself and his children studying in London while living in $4m mansions?

There is no lesser of two evils here. . . The point is what is evil, is evil.

It is wrong to give cars to student, who may or may not have jobs. Who may or may not have driver's license, who may or may not have insurance or money to maintain vehicle. It makes more sense to put all that money and invest in a something that benefit the community. All what father in the lord did is just to give a man a fish, when he could have taught them how to fish. grin
Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by Onlytruth(m): 11:29pm On Jan 12, 2010
I won't miss this man angry

Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by PapaBrowne(m): 11:30pm On Jan 12, 2010
Kai! I'll miss my Mai guard and all the other sundry Abokis!

There will be no more gatekeepers!

And shoemakers! Who will shine our shoes?

And Suya! Wow!

And foreign exchange!  No more fast fast changing dollars!

Anyways, we go survive!!
Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by Onlytruth(m): 11:30pm On Jan 12, 2010
I would build a maximum security prison for this man

Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by Onlytruth(m): 11:31pm On Jan 12, 2010
I would say bye bye to this

Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by Onlytruth(m): 11:32pm On Jan 12, 2010
^^^ and this

Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by Onlytruth(m): 11:33pm On Jan 12, 2010
Our new soccer team would be comprised of players like this boy

Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by Onlytruth(m): 11:35pm On Jan 12, 2010
And my new nation will invest in people like these

Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by Onlytruth(m): 11:37pm On Jan 12, 2010
my new nation will swear never to have this

Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by Onlytruth(m): 11:42pm On Jan 12, 2010
These men will never smell leadership again angry

Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by Tsiya(m): 11:48pm On Jan 12, 2010
I will miss the insult

I will miss the yabbing

I will miss angry rhetorics from internet revolutionaries

I will miss "oga dis one na original from Italy" when I know this thing is made in my backyard

I will miss seen less big men and big women
Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by asha80(m): 11:52pm On Jan 12, 2010
Men that OUK picture na wa cheesy
Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by Tsiya(m): 11:58pm On Jan 12, 2010
See Mr Ibori as he come de look like Armed Robber. . . see his eyes,
Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by aloyemeka7: 12:07am On Jan 13, 2010
Re: What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? by aloyemeka7: 12:09am On Jan 13, 2010
Tsiya:

I will miss the insult

I will miss the yabbing

I will miss angry rhetorics from internet revolutionaries

I will miss "oga dis one na original from Italy" when I know this thing is made in my backyard

I will miss seen less big men and big women

Younger and regional revolutionaries will still look for something to keep themselves busy besides, Nairaland will still serve as the meeting point for the citizens of these 3 sovereign nations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos / Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location / Bomb Explosion At Mararaban In Jos - 4 Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.