Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,535 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do (17776 Views)

Ten Self-Proclaimed Holy Men With Miracles That Went Horribly Wrong / 10 Self-Proclaimed Holy Men With Miracles That Went Horribly Wrong / The Miracles That Proved Yahshua Was Sent By God Cannot Authenticate Christians. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:34pm On May 25, 2017
Pastafarian:

dunno what that last word is but none of your arguments haven't been shot down by me except your deist arguments

maybe you can give your best arguments a shot right here

What the heck is deist argument undecided . I'm giving arguments for the existence of God and you are labeling them as deist arguments . Isn't atheism is the belief there is no God ? Most of these arguments were constructed by theists not deists . Deism just has to do with rejection of religion with the belief God does not intervene in the affairs of man .

If you can't rebut my 'deist arguments' then you have no logical reasons to be an atheist . If one discovers that there are logical reasons to drop one's beliefs then he has to do so : since 'deist arguments' are tenable why are you then an atheist ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:36pm On May 25, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Which IQ test?
Last I checked, different countries and different individuals have different IQ tests for a variety of reasons including personal prejudice.
America alone has more than 20, so which of the IQ test?

Please read through and understand the argument mbok . I don't want to see strawman and red herrings now .

1 Like

Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by CatfishBilly: 12:41pm On May 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Please read through and understand the argument mbok . I don't want to see strawman and red herrings now .
Your post says
KingEbukasBlog:

You take tests and your IQ is ascertained . You are accepted if you are on or pass the 150 IQ mark .
So, the tests are called IQ standardized tests, so I'm asking you which ones are used to admit people into MENSA since there are a shitload of IQ tests.
It's a simple straightforward question.
Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by Pastafarian: 12:42pm On May 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

What the heck is deist argument undecided .
arguments for a generic god which Muslims, pagans, Hindus can use as theirs

I'm giving arguments for the existence of God and you are labeling them as deist arguments .
like the Kalam which was first put forward by a Muslim?

Isn't atheism is the belief there is no God ? Most of these arguments were constructed by theists not deists . Deism just has to do with rejection of religion with the belief God does not intervene in the affairs of man.
generic arguments are deist arguments at best

If you can't rebut my 'deist arguments' then you have no logical reasons to be an atheist . If one discovers that there are logical reasons to drop one's beliefs then he has to do so : since 'deist arguments' are tenable why are you then an atheist ?
I can't rebut deist arguments because it argues from ignorance and since there are things we don't know those arguments can be valid but it doesn't automatically make them valid just like people that believed Thor's hammer was responsible for thunder centuries ago, they couldn't rebut that because there were things they don't know, now that we know them no one takes Thor seriously anymore

quit the rants bro

7 Likes

Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by Pastafarian: 12:43pm On May 25, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Your post says

So, the tests are called IQ standardized tests, so I'm asking you which ones are used to admit people into MENSA since there are a shitload of IQ tests.

he just Google stuff and makes conclusion, he doesn't know MENSA rejects many of the IQ tests
Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by randomperson: 1:41pm On May 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

They said atheists are intelligent because they reject religion but is atheism the rejection of religion ? And on what rational grounds do they reject the existence of God ?

I also have researches that show that atheism has devastating effects on the brain . 7 researches actually . You can care to check them out here

https://www.nairaland.com/3493419/researches-reveal-atheism-devastating-effects

So in other words, you have NO studies that show that theists are more intelligent than atheists, then why were u lying
Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by randomperson: 1:45pm On May 25, 2017
KingEbukasblog, you have not answered my question, on what merit do we accept the bible as the truth
Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:46pm On May 25, 2017
Pastafarian:

arguments for a generic god which Muslims, pagans, Hindus can use as theirs
like the Kalam which was first put forward by a Muslim?
generic arguments are deist arguments at best

I can't rebut deist arguments because it argues from ignorance and since there are things we don't know those arguments can be valid but it doesn't automatically make them valid just like people that believed Thor's hammer was responsible for thunder centuries ago, they couldn't rebut that because there were things they don't know, now that we know them no one takes Thor seriously anymore

quit the rants bro

WHich 'deist argument' argues from ignorance ? list them and show how they are argued from ignorance .

1 Like

Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:52pm On May 25, 2017
Pastafarian:

he just Google stuff and makes conclusion, he doesn't know MENSA rejects many of the IQ tests

How can someone be proud of his ignorance ? I've known about Mensa for years now and I haven't heard that payments are being made to be part of the community .

https://www.mensa.org/

You simply take tests and if you meet up to the standard you are selected , if you don't you are rejected .

You are the one who rushes to google and to atheist websites and copy and paste verbatim just to reply a comment . You are simply pained that I've caught you doing such on many occasions .

I have books lots of them that contain credible information about so many things . Its rather sad that you are insecure and require studies done ignorantly for self validation .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:53pm On May 25, 2017
randomperson:
KingEbukasblog, you have not answered my question, on what merit do we accept the bible as the truth

Historical and archaeological evidences

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:57pm On May 25, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Your post says

MENSA have approved intelligence tests and these tests are supervised by the organization themselves .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by AHCB: 1:58pm On May 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Same way we should accept historical and archaeological evidence that dinosaurs once roamed the earth.
Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:00pm On May 25, 2017
AHCB:
Same way we should accept historical and archaeological evidence that dinosaurs once roamed the earth.

Biko , where did I say that there are no dinosaurs ?

I tire for una oo . grin

1 Like

Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by AHCB: 2:02pm On May 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Biko , where did I say that there are no dinosaurs ?

I tire for una oo . grin

Don't assume? Or did you read me say what you just said?

Here and now, I just proved you love to jump into conclusion and make hasty assumptions, never forget "assumption is the mother of all _fuck-ups". tongue
Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:04pm On May 25, 2017
AHCB:
Don't assume? Or did you read me say what you just said?

Here and now, I just proved you love to jump into conclusion and make hasty assumptions, never forget "assumption is the mother of all _fuck-ups". tongue

I simply asked a question : "Biko , where did I say that there are no dinosaurs " ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by AHCB: 2:05pm On May 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I simply asked a question : "Biko , where did I say that there are no dinosaurs " ?
Once again, did you read me say you said "there are no dinosaurs?".
Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by CatfishBilly: 2:25pm On May 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

MENSA have approved intelligence tests and these tests are supervised by the organization themselves .
Like I said, there are a shitload of IQ tests, what makes you feel the ones used by MENSA are the best?
From what I've read about them, they don't even use the most popular IQ tests by APA like WISC and WAIC, I dont even want to go into criticisms of standardized IQ tests.
Every country have their own tests, what makes you feel mensa's is the best?
And in case you don't know, it's not the only high IQ society, it's just the largest and oldest and these other groups also have their tests.
Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by randomperson: 2:35pm On May 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Is this a joke?
Which historical or archeological evidence proves that Jesus is Lord and that he died for our sins
Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:42pm On May 25, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Like I said, there are a shitload of IQ tests, what makes you feel the ones used by MENSA are the best?
From what I've read about them, they don't even use the most popular IQ tests by APA like WISC and WAIC, I dont even want to go into criticisms of standardized IQ tests.
Every country have their own tests, what makes you feel mensa's is the best?
And in case you don't know, it's not the only high IQ society, it's just the largest and oldest and these other groups also have their tests.

Mensa's reputation as the most prestigious , largest and oldest add credence that the tests have the efficacy to ascertain one's IQ . Of course there are others eg the Mega Society is a high IQ society with members having above 170 .

Why I talk of MENSA is that it is popular and you guys can easily relate . Since there are more theists than atheists in these high IQ societies then it belies the claims made in the "research" . Even during the 20th century where atheists were preponderant due to the hegemony of the communist governments , the theists were still way more in these societies .

But nowadays , what it means to be intelligent is being seen differently . People are paying more attention to the emotionally and socially intelligent ones because according to researches such people are way more likely to succeed in their various endeavors . You don't need to have a high IQ to succeed in life as earlier thought .
Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by CatfishBilly: 3:08pm On May 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Mensa's reputation as the most prestigious , largest and oldest add credence that the tests have the efficacy to ascertain one's IQ . Of course there are others eg the Mega Society is a high IQ society with members having above 170 .

Why I talk of MENSA is that it is popular and you guys can easily relate . Since there are more theists than atheists in these high IQ societies then it belies the claims made in the "research" . Even during the 20th century where atheists were preponderant due to the hegemony of the communist governments , the theists were still way more in these societies .

But nowadays , what it means to be intelligent is being seen differently . People are paying more attention to the emotionally and socially intelligent ones because according to researches such people are way more likely to succeed in their various endeavors . You don't need to have a high IQ to succeed in life as earlier thought .
Since you know that intelligence is much more than IQ, why are you bringing up MENSA?
Their reputation as the largest and oldest lends credence? Isn't that some form of fallacious statement?
I don't care about the religious affiliation of members of any high IQ society, it's just the notion that you're always repeating correlating IQ and intelligence that I want to address. IQ tests are not a universally accepted measure of intelligence.
You can now continue debating with whoever it was that you were debating with.
Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:19pm On May 25, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Since you know that intelligence is much more than IQ, why are you bringing up MENSA?
Their reputation as the largest and oldest lends credence? Isn't that some form of fallacious statement?
I don't care about the religious affiliation of members of any high IQ society, it's just the notion that you're always repeating correlating IQ and intelligence that I want to address. IQ tests are not a universally accepted measure of intelligence.
You can now continue debating with whoever it was that you were debating with.

You forgot prestigious .

Anyway , most atheists on Nairaland apparently don't know that intelligence is much more than just IQ but sometimes one has to deign in order communicate effectively with them . No matter how to try to explain to them , they won't understand so I have to show them what they can easily relate to (IQ) to disprove their false arguments .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:22pm On May 25, 2017
randomperson:

Is this a joke?
Which historical or archeological evidence proves that Jesus is Lord and that he died for our sins

The Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Christ . You can read scholarly articles on the web for more information.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by randomperson: 4:41pm On May 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

The Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Christ . You can read scholarly articles on the web for more information.

Lol..... I asked for evidence that Jesus is Lord..... Why are u dodging?
Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:44pm On May 25, 2017
randomperson:

Lol..... I asked for evidence that Jesus is Lord..... Why are u dodging?

Where did I dodge ? I told you where you can find them on the internet . Its even on YouTube . Its everywhere

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by APCsupporter: 6:12pm On May 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

In my Church , the poor are well taken of . In atheist countries like North Korea , they are sent to death camps or forced to work themselves to death while working for the goverment . Poverty rate in atheist countries are also incredibly high .

Christians own 56 percent of the world's wealth while Christianity has the most millionaires in the world .

Ignorance is a disease

that's normal oga. they have the highest population so why won't they own more wealth? just use your head na

1 Like

Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:21pm On May 25, 2017
APCsupporter:

that's normal oga. they have the highest population so why won't they own more wealth? just use your head na

Christians are just 32 percent of the world's population and they have 55 percent of the world's wealth . That means the other 68 percent of the world's population will have to compete for 45 percent of the world's wealth . That's massive and very significant .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by randomperson: 10:11pm On May 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Where did I dodge ? I told you where you can find them on the internet . Its even on YouTube . Its everywhere
Guy, you're high on something, evidence that Jesus is lord is on YouTube?....
Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by dalaman: 11:26pm On May 25, 2017
randomperson:

Guy, you're high on something, evidence that Jesus is lord is on YouTube?....

Is there any recording of Jesus ascending into heaven on YouTube?
Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by randomperson: 2:03am On May 26, 2017
dalaman:

Is there any recording of Jesus ascending into heaven on YouTube?

The guy is just dodging now, he knows he fumbled by saying the truth should be accepted on the basis of its merit only
Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by Pastafarian: 4:47am On May 26, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

How can someone be proud of his ignorance ? I've known about Mensa for years now and I haven't heard that payments are being made to be part of the community .

https://www.mensa.org/

payments are being made to be part of the community!!!

you just proved that you sit down at home, google and make conclusions
Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by dalaman: 6:47am On May 26, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

There is no such thing. Nothing like historical evidence for the resurrection of Jesus. Apart from the biblical stories there is no other thing. Present the so called historical evidence you keep crying about. There is non I insist.
Re: Miracles That Nigerian Pastors Can't Do by randomperson: 7:08am On May 26, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Christians are just 32 percent of the world's population and they have 55 percent of the world's wealth . That means the other 68 percent of the world's population will have to compete for 45 percent of the world's wealth . That's massive and very significant .
What percentage of the world's poorest people are Christians

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST / One Hallelujah Records Will Not Partner With Secular Artistes – RCCG / Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.