Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,829 members, 7,828,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues (48291 Views)

How My Ex Left Me After She Discovered My Salary Was 45k, I Now Earn This / She Left Me For A Medical Doctor And Now Wants A Second Chance / "Genotype Issues Have Cost Me Another Relationship" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by amuokuko: 8:26pm On May 27, 2017
Love is truly blind nd stvpid...
He is AS nd u re AS nd u continued
U must be a medical student from a "college of Education"...

Thank God for relieving you of future agony...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by elhafeez(m): 8:26pm On May 27, 2017
After I saw the pain and suffering my Neighbor went through I broke up with the love of my life. I told her we can't be selfish and bring a child or children to the world to suffer.
we wahala start aswear the love go clear for una eye.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Afam4eva(m): 8:27pm On May 27, 2017
meiyol:
I just lost my relationship due to genotype issues..he is AS and I'm AS. We knew abt our genotype incompatibility frm the very first day..we were cool with it or so i thought. We were together for a year nd some months before we switched to long distance relationship cos of his job. I'm a med student, he is a doctor, so we both knew wat it meant. I was cool with it cos the signs were there that God put us together..everybody knows it, his parents, my parents..we ourselves knew it that our paths were ordained by God.. Then suddenly, from nowhere, he comes up with dangers of having sickler kids, the diseases they face, their pain and all..he suddenly stopped talking abt d fact that we may be lucky not to have any of our kids as sicklers, or medical methods we could use like IVF and all..our parents are both aware of the genotype ish, mine are very okay with it. He said he's not sure his parents are okay with it and yet they call me EVERYDAY to assure me nothing will go wrong and to cheer me up and all.. i questioned him cos it made me feel he was looking for an opportunity to leave..and he didnt give me any reply, just stopped talking to me.
Our introduction was slated for next year, he is my first love, I've been so loyal nd i pray for him.. I feel so used and heartbroken..my instincts tell me something is wrong..I'm back to square 1, where would i start from? He was my best friend, my everything..now, it's just me

As a medical student that you are, You should be ashamed of yourself by not only knowing the implication of having two partners with AS genotype and still want to marry and have children. He did the right thing, though i'm wondering why he didn't do it sooner.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by tomdon(m): 8:28pm On May 27, 2017
meiyol:
I just lost my relationship due to genotype issues..he is AS and I'm AS. We knew abt our genotype incompatibility frm the very first day..we were cool with it or so i thought. We were together for a year nd some months before we switched to long distance relationship cos of his job. I'm a med student, he is a doctor, so we both knew wat it meant. I was cool with it cos the signs were there that God put us together..everybody knows it, his parents, my parents..we ourselves knew it that our paths were ordained by God.. Then suddenly, from nowhere, he comes up with dangers of having sickler kids, the diseases they face, their pain and all..he suddenly stopped talking abt d fact that we may be lucky not to have any of our kids as sicklers, or medical methods we could use like IVF and all..our parents are both aware of the genotype ish, mine are very okay with it. He said he's not sure his parents are okay with it and yet they call me EVERYDAY to assure me nothing will go wrong and to cheer me up and all.. i questioned him cos it made me feel he was looking for an opportunity to leave..and he didnt give me any reply, just stopped talking to me.
Our introduction was slated for next year, he is my first love, I've been so loyal nd i pray for him.. I feel so used and heartbroken..my instincts tell me something is wrong..I'm back to square 1, where would i start from? He was my best friend, my everything..now, it's just me

You feel used and heartbroken abi.
Who used you?? ??
You just went on fukking the guy, giving him all styles including doggy even when you knew the dicey situation that is involved, and you're a med student abi.
Instead of you to stand by your choice in life you're talking about being used, taking the very easy way out but the wrong way by claiming victim
My dear nobody used you, you used yourself so wake up and smell the coffee

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Iseddy: 8:28pm On May 27, 2017
Thank your fiance later, your future wahala saved & prevented
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by tosyne2much(m): 8:28pm On May 27, 2017
egbaguy2:
U shud be ashamed of urself being a med student and still thinking like a fool....that he is a doctor make him stupid too. I lost my ex to this shit and av moved on.
My brother, I also can't take such a risk.. Even if it's on religious ground, I still won't take the risk
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Abali1(m): 8:29pm On May 27, 2017
3rdeye1:
My sister and her hubby took the risk against all advises.. they have 3 kids today .. 2 of them AA and the last born AS.. to the glory of God.
Thank God for your sister and hubby. I know of a couple who have like 5 and 4 out of the 5 are all SS. And one is already dead, leaving 4.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by fpeter(f): 8:29pm On May 27, 2017
Mistake number one; is making a man your everything... no man should take God's place in your life.

Secondly, going into a relationship knowing the risks involved is a mistake.

My dear, relax..you ain't seen nothing yet. There's someone far better than the dude and very soon he'll come along.

Please and please NEVER even start any relationship with another carrier in the future.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by futurewise11(m): 8:29pm On May 27, 2017
delugadou:

If it is ordained by God, the devil will try to oppose the union. Prayer will fix it since both families are in support. The Lord is your strength.

Lol...prayer warrior...please this is 21st century grow up.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Waspy(m): 8:30pm On May 27, 2017
My sympathy goes out to you Op

You other options are Prenatal Genotype diagnosis....Your doctor fiance shld know abt this, except if he's not cool with the moral burden or he's just bent on leaving you

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by mixter(m): 8:30pm On May 27, 2017
The deed has-been done. Stop crying for spilt milk. He took a good decision by quitting the relationship. You need time to heal. Pick yourself up and move on. Hopefully, someday you will realise that he took a better decision for both of you. Good luck in your endeavors.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Xmen149(m): 8:31pm On May 27, 2017
If this were to be the future where am your child and an reading this meaning you both are 100% aware and made me to go through the pains of SS I will simply kill both of you.

I once dated one,it was never a good sight for once

4 Likes

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Jodasy: 8:31pm On May 27, 2017
Go and give thanksgiving offering in the church

3 Likes

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by tosyne2much(m): 8:32pm On May 27, 2017
Pavore9:
I grew up with someone with the SS Genotype, and I must say it was draining. We are all relieved now that he is married to a woman who is AA and now have a son who is AS. He is still on his medications​.

One needs to experience the heart wrenching crisis they go through, the waking up in the middle of the night to rush them to the hospital, the transfusions, leg wounds etc. When it comes to genotypes, don't let love becloud rational reasoning because if it does, resentment will set in later when reality stares one in the face!
May wisdom never elude you brother

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Lexo22(m): 8:32pm On May 27, 2017
GOD indeed isn't an author of confusion, and as such, I doubt if He Will destine two As' to be together knowing fully well the pending implications.

The break-up as a matter of fact is in your best interest @sisterly.

God bless and perfect all that concerns you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by tobaseye: 8:33pm On May 27, 2017
I think he took a very wise decision to quit before both of you get yourself into problem and also put innocent child(ren) into avoidable pains.

Please pack yourself together and move on.
We over hype this thing called love many times. Knowing fully well the consequences of being together as AS & AS and you still want to go ahead with it.

I know a couple that got separated when their first child was SS. Maybe they were counting on hope just as you are doing now. But when the reality struck their locked brain opened I guess.
10 years down the line the guy has moved on with children while the lady is still single.
Maybe she would have be better off not having a child and wait patiently for someone with AA.
Please thanks the guy for taking the bold step.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Odunharry(m): 8:33pm On May 27, 2017
dominique:
It was for the best. If you're in Lagos, go to a General hospital close to you. Ask for the days when they hold clinic for SS patients and go and see for yourself what these warriors and their parents are going through. Trust me, it is not something you will wish for your worst enemy.

I doubt if you can use IVF to determine the genotype of your baby. At best, they will check the genotype of the embryo before implanting it into you. If by chance they are all sicklers, they will be discarded. How many of your unborn children to you want to waste before getting your desired result? Believe me, I don't think its worth all the stress and expenses. My only grouse with you and your ex was allowing the relationship to go further. You should have both called it off before investing so much energy and emotions into it.

Nice reply. God bless you for this..
Atimes people are so blinded by love or think they are in love, miracle will happen.

I know someone who died due to thr fact Shes SS. Mhen days before her death anyone who saw her then felt like crying..
I don't pray for such to happen to anyone.. Those people go thru alot of pains and just few win.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by baby124: 8:34pm On May 27, 2017
How can you make another human being your everything. E be like say medical school no hard or challenging for you. Just read your comment, are you not being selfish? It's you, you, you. Probably why the guy was afraid of telling you the truth all this while. Not everyone wishes to go through IVF just to get their wife pregnant. Person no fit even get mistake bele or Gbensh their wife or husband anyhow as e dey hot because of genotype. You will be fine o jare. Find your AA man go front. Your guy has moved on.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Ayibaba1: 8:35pm On May 27, 2017
Your story is touching but not new, I don't know the level of your faith and your conviction,but I have seen parents who are both AS and yet have no single SS child. Pray to God to guide you and succor you, if it is not meant to be, it will not be and it will be to your advantage in the long run.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by naijafresh: 8:35pm On May 27, 2017
dominique:
It was for the best. If you're in Lagos, go to a General hospital close to you. Ask for the days when they hold clinic for SS patients and go and see for yourself what these warriors and their parents are going through. Trust me, it is not something you will wish for your worst enemy.

I doubt if you can use IVF to determine the genotype of your baby. At best, they will check the genotype of the embryo before implanting it into you. If by chance they are all sicklers, they will be discarded. How many of your unborn children to you want to waste before getting your desired result? Believe me, I don't think its worth all the stress and expenses. My only grouse with you and your ex was allowing the relationship to go further. You should have both called it off before investing so much energy and emotions into it.

Regarding genotype selection you're mistaken.

You can select the genotype of your embryo during IVF. It's through a process called PGD or prenatal genetic diagnosis.
It's expensive and I'm not sure if it's available in Nigeria just yet.
The process involves checking the genotype of the embryo prior to implantation.
So there is hope for AS or SS couples who wish to avoid the possibility of an SS child.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by eponoloyin: 8:36pm On May 27, 2017
Did you guys fvck?
something is making you not to think straight
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by vicdall(f): 8:36pm On May 27, 2017
Sorry sister the truth is no matter how you want to deny it, you're better off without him. I know how you feel, my relationship of 4yrs+ ended early this year and like you he was my bestfriend and first love and funny enough he claims he wants to still be friends. Anyway my point is it's very difficult but just try to move on, focus on yourself and since you're a Christian ask God to give you the heart to let go because in the end you'll realise it wasn't worth it. Everything happens for a reason

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by tosyne2much(m): 8:36pm On May 27, 2017
MMMscam:
Very touching OP, may God help you. My AA son told me his girlfriend is AS. I told him to find another girlfriend. Foolish boy, don't come and sabotage our illustrious superlative family genes. There is plenty AA fish in the sea. I can be very blunt.
Are you kidding me?

BTW, what's the big deal if an AA marries an AS?

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by daben1(m): 8:37pm On May 27, 2017
MMMscam:
Very touching OP, may God help you. My AA son told me his girlfriend is AS. I told him to find another girlfriend. Foolish boy, don't come and sabotage our illustrious superlative family genes. There is plenty AA fish in the sea. I can be very blunt.
hahahahaha... It's not bad na, at all
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Malawian(m): 8:38pm On May 27, 2017
I thank God for my genotype. i am surprised by the litany of woes supposed SS people go through. My bros is one but we did not go through all these stuff some are posting. i guess we found a way to manage his stuff so early in his life. in fact, the guy is even fatter and more muscular than me sef, and if you are not told he is SS, you will never know.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by oote: 8:39pm On May 27, 2017
Tell Dem ooooooo..... AS vs AS not a perfect combo at all.
amuokuko:
Love is truly blind nd stvpid...
He is AS nd u re AS nd u continued
U must be a medical student from a "college of Education"...

Thank God for relieving you of future agony...

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by abels(m): 8:39pm On May 27, 2017
NwaObinkita:
Can I take his place
I am AA
.. Lol
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by daben1(m): 8:39pm On May 27, 2017
3rdeye1:
My sister and her hubby took the risk against all advises.. they have 3 kids today .. 2 of them AA and the last born AS.. to the glory of God.
they should stop giving birth o
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by tosyne2much(m): 8:39pm On May 27, 2017
3rdeye1:
So, you advise her to take the risk just because your sister narrowly escaped having an SS as a child ? undecided
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Akwaudene87(m): 8:39pm On May 27, 2017
dominique:

if only your not the said ex , then your really making a whole lot of sense. Now to the op , is through is your first love, that's why your so entangled with him, you will definitely get over it .. is best for you , you still have a better chance to hook up with best blood and better person.. God bless you
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by abels(m): 8:40pm On May 27, 2017
egbaguy2:
U shud be ashamed of urself being a med student and still thinking like a fool....that he is a doctor make him stupid too. I lost my ex to this shit and av moved on.
.. Must u abuse her

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by ijomaSN(f): 8:41pm On May 27, 2017
Na wah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Babe Couldn't Walk In Heels! See Why This Guy Walks Home Barefooted After Church / Getting Married To A Man Who Earns 35,000 As Salary / Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.