Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,442 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues (48234 Views)

How My Ex Left Me After She Discovered My Salary Was 45k, I Now Earn This / She Left Me For A Medical Doctor And Now Wants A Second Chance / "Genotype Issues Have Cost Me Another Relationship" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Rebuke: 9:09pm On May 27, 2017
NwaObinkita:
Can I take his place
I am AA

Masquerade they marry for una village? Na joke I dey oo.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by kpompey: 9:10pm On May 27, 2017
meiyol:
I just lost my relationship due to genotype issues..he is AS and I'm AS. We knew abt our genotype incompatibility frm the very first day..we were cool with it or so i thought. We were together for a year nd some months before we switched to long distance relationship cos of his job. I'm a med student, he is a doctor, so we both knew wat it meant. I was cool with it cos the signs were there that God put us together..everybody knows it, his parents, my parents..we ourselves knew it that our paths were ordained by God.. Then suddenly, from nowhere, he comes up with dangers of having sickler kids, the diseases they face, their pain and all..he suddenly stopped talking abt d fact that we may be lucky not to have any of our kids as sicklers, or medical methods we could use like IVF and all..our parents are both aware of the genotype ish, mine are very okay with it. He said he's not sure his parents are okay with it and yet they call me EVERYDAY to assure me nothing will go wrong and to cheer me up and all.. i questioned him cos it made me feel he was looking for an opportunity to leave..and he didnt give me any reply, just stopped talking to me.
Our introduction was slated for next year, he is my first love, I've been so loyal nd i pray for him.. I feel so used and heartbroken..my instincts tell me something is wrong..I'm back to square 1, where would i start from? He was my best friend, my everything..now, it's just me

Are you beautiful.Start with me..............We can work it out

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Incrizz(f): 9:10pm On May 27, 2017
ednut1:
Truth is he knew how it wud end. He just dey chop ponmo till e tire

My bradaaa..
It's so plain to see

Sorry girl.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by kontalon: 9:11pm On May 27, 2017
eyah
meiyol:
I just lost my relationship due to genotype issues..he is AS and I'm AS. We knew abt our genotype incompatibility frm the very first day..we were cool with it or so i thought. We were together for a year nd some months before we switched to long distance relationship cos of his job. I'm a med student, he is a doctor, so we both knew wat it meant. I was cool with it cos the signs were there that God put us together..everybody knows it, his parents, my parents..we ourselves knew it that our paths were ordained by God.. Then suddenly, from nowhere, he comes up with dangers of having sickler kids, the diseases they face, their pain and all..he suddenly stopped talking abt d fact that we may be lucky not to have any of our kids as sicklers, or medical methods we could use like IVF and all..our parents are both aware of the genotype ish, mine are very okay with it. He said he's not sure his parents are okay with it and yet they call me EVERYDAY to assure me nothing will go wrong and to cheer me up and all.. i questioned him cos it made me feel he was looking for an opportunity to leave..and he didnt give me any reply, just stopped talking to me.
Our introduction was slated for next year, he is my first love, I've been so loyal nd i pray for him.. I feel so used and heartbroken..my instincts tell me something is wrong..I'm back to square 1, where would i start from? He was my best friend, my everything..now, it's just me

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by tosyne2much(m): 9:12pm On May 27, 2017
jjjjj2017:
@meiyol, you fiance took the right step to avoid future palaver. letting you go shows that he truly loves you (I hope that u understand what I meant).
Dust yourself & start afresh.
I had my first love at the age of 25, we dated for good 4yrs but she dumped me for no reason. it was a painful experience back then but I man up & be myself of which in turn makes me a better man.
With your write up, you are still young & need to put your head straight.
Wishing you the best
Hahahq cheesy You just made me laugh bro

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by daben1(m): 9:12pm On May 27, 2017
tosyne2much:
That's not true jawe my brother.. I used to believe it too not until I witnessed those above that age died
hmmmm, and this ''medical'' student is crying? Is like this girl is a ''nurse''

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by tfelicityk(m): 9:12pm On May 27, 2017
You are now family friends. So life goes on. Get another person and start your new life from there. You can apply all what you are doing for your first then to the new person. Everything happened for a purpose in life. Let go off the past. If you insisted it must him 'go and take coconut water'[b][/b] #Gbam
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by sirfee(m): 9:13pm On May 27, 2017
meiyol:

My sister it is well,I'm going through the same thing,just move on,don't kill yourself because every disappointment is a blessing.Though it is not easy but think about your future children, do you want to punish them because of love,I broke up with my girlfriend in January because of the same issue.We are both As so the best option for us is to move on,forget the IVF thingy,it is not 100% safe.I wish you best of luck

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by 234GT(m): 9:14pm On May 27, 2017
I have lost two good girls to genotype, so its no biggy.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by tosyne2much(m): 9:14pm On May 27, 2017
daben1:
hmmmm, and this ''medical'' student is crying? Is like this girl is a ''nurse''
The thing weak me bro... Even me wey no dey medical field knows better than the OP

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by REDDEVILS1(m): 9:14pm On May 27, 2017
delugadou:

If it is ordained by God, the devil will try to oppose the union. Prayer will fix it since both families are in support. The Lord is your strength.
who is this 1. God already answered their prayer by giving the guy sense
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Iseddy: 9:16pm On May 27, 2017
Am AA, u can come to me for comfort and I will fix the broken heart. I understand d pain of losing first love but my dear he did the right thing just dat he did late. Move on dear.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by sirfee(m): 9:17pm On May 27, 2017
dominique:
It was for the best. If you're in Lagos, go to a General hospital close to you. Ask for the days when they hold clinic for SS patients and go and see for yourself what these warriors and their parents are going through. Trust me, it is not something you will wish for your worst enemy.

I doubt if you can use IVF to determine the genotype of your baby. At best, they will check the genotype of the embryo before implanting it into you. If by chance they are all sicklers, they will be discarded. How many of your unborn children to you want to waste before getting your desired result? Believe me, I don't think its worth all the stress and expenses. My only grouse with you and your ex was allowing the relationship to go further. You should have both called it off before investing so much energy and emotions into it.
You have said it all,I'm a victim also but I'm happy because I broke up with her for a good reason.1 million likes for this post
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by PotatoSalad(m): 9:18pm On May 27, 2017
delugadou:

If it is ordained by God, the devil will try to oppose the union. Prayer will fix it since both families are in support. The Lord is your strength.
you're not serious. Prevention they say, is better than cure.
I lost 4 cousins born to the same parents to the mistake. it's ignorance. I believe your strong faith but God gave doctors the gift to know our genotypes. don't test God by doing what's not right. bikokwa. carry your prayer keep one side. Biko!!!
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by SonofHim: 9:18pm On May 27, 2017
orimahspence:
Sometimes I think this issue of genotype is over-flogged ,or probably I just received an uncommon favour, I'm AS, my wife is AS, we have two daughters, NONE is SS, we are cool, we are happy, it's our decision from time to have just to kids , and now we are done, I've also seen families like this

Overflogged? You take too much for granted sir. May you not know the pain of raising an SS child and losing the child at the prime of life.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by alan333(m): 9:18pm On May 27, 2017
undecideddon't be disappointed!
All things work together for good of them who love God.To be honest with you,both of you ain't compactable for marriage,you going to have 3S.S.children in every 4 you bore...there4,it's bad!

The breakup is at your advantage not disadvantage plssss.Just find a responsuble man with AA as genotype to balance your AS...this is your best alternative.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by dedeorji(m): 9:21pm On May 27, 2017
naijafresh:

Regarding genotype selection you're mistaken.

You can select the genotype of your embryo during IVF. It's through a process called PGD or prenatal genetic diagnosis.
It's expensive and I'm not sure if it's available in Nigeria just yet.
The process involves checking the genotype of the embryo prior to implantation.
So there is hope for AS or SS couples who wish to avoid the possibility of an SS child.
You both are saying the same thing. If the embryo is SS, it will be discarded, which is still abortion any way you look at it.
How long is the process going to take before the desired result is achieved?

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by AlphaT1(m): 9:23pm On May 27, 2017
meiyol:

It wasn’t ordained by God. You both were consumed with youthful exuberance. Even a market woman knows that AS vs AS is a no no no...Besides, which dumb church or mosque in this 21st century would go ahead to wed you two?
Get yourself together and try to forget about him, it's for your good, trust me!
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by NevetsIbot(m): 9:24pm On May 27, 2017
MMMscam:
Very touching OP, may God help you. My AA son told me his girlfriend is AS. I told him to find another girlfriend. Foolish boy, don't come and sabotage our illustrious superlative family genes. There is plenty AA fish in the sea. I can be very blunt.
shhhuuuu?
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by 1metre: 9:24pm On May 27, 2017
duduade:
Your Doctor boyfriend has finally met someone who sweeps him off his feet.... !!! And guess what she is AA...

Common I know couples whose genotypes are AS who ain't even in the medical line and they are married!!!! Love defeated their fright!!! And they have been lucky to have AS for kids....
it's luck bro

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Toks2008(m): 9:26pm On May 27, 2017
meiyol:

Calm down dearie, he never truly wants you...quite me anywhere. ..science is now advanced and such possible unpleasant outcome can be prevented and it is one out of 4 children that could be SS so kini big deal.

Brace up and move on...shuts happen in life and you will surely find a man who will truly want you whether AA or AS
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by 1metre: 9:29pm On May 27, 2017
Three of my sisters died of sickle cell. U may not no how it pain....dont wanna recall this. Stay away

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by barcaboi(m): 9:30pm On May 27, 2017
meiyol:

u should stop whining and be happy your ex was bold.....wld u let your kids suffer just for love? Marriage is more than just you
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by claremont(m): 9:30pm On May 27, 2017
He made a good decision, and I have seen what sickle cell patients face. A friend of mine died last weekend due to sickle cell, leaving behind a pregnant wife and a kid. If I were your fiance, I would make the same decision. The only grouse I have with him is the time he took to arrive at this decision, but maybe it was because he didn't want to hurt your feelings. I bet you wouldn't feel so distraught if you were he mother of a child with sickle cell.

As for you, pick yourself up, there are loads of decent people out there who are not carriers of the sickle cell gene. You wouldn't have a hard time getting someone.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 27, 2017
God is my witness...my relationship was about to clock 3years when I & my partner called it off & that was after visiting her parent to let them know the danger in it if we continue.
The took it with maturity & even site an example of SS patient around.
Now we are both cool on our own....though we are still single on each side...but I believed God will do it.
Take heart dear...God will do better for you.
But the guy no suppose cut off like that.....he for table the matter well.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Fummylola: 9:33pm On May 27, 2017
Aaargh , how long will you girls stop dying over these men , have you ever seen a man , that will stand a test of time with a woman , pls move on

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 27, 2017
NwaObinkita:
Can I take his place

I am AA

Sharpest guy ever liveth...

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by nery4u(m): 9:39pm On May 27, 2017
angry

Presently I'm yet to ascertain if the blood do change or not.
The first time I did my genotype was 1995 and the result was As in state hospital
I did the second one in year 2004 and the result was As as well in School clinic.
I did the 3rd one as well in year 2009 and to my surprised the result was AA in different school's clinic
The 4th one I did was 2012 with HIV test during my NYSC program and the result was AA . I did that one in state hospital as well.. in summary I have done it four times now.. the first two times was AS while the subsequent ones was AA.

My question now is can blood change? it's somehow strange to me.
angry
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Akolawole(m): 9:40pm On May 27, 2017
Parents cool with it?

African Parents? I very much doubt this.

It can be difficult to take but it is best decision.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by onyxo76(m): 9:40pm On May 27, 2017
There is nothing to be sad about, I manage close to ten ss patients monthly where i work , bros they are week in week out ,except those on hydroxy urea which has its own side effects.
Their treatment expenses will drain you financially and in other ways
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Malawian(m): 9:40pm On May 27, 2017
Irishrena1:

Can you please help the OP by telling her the secret to tour brother's health? That's better than telling her there's hope and not showing her the way. She might relay same to her bf and change his mind. Thanks in advance. God bless you as you do
i have said it before on another thread. search my posts.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Bigsteveg(m): 9:41pm On May 27, 2017
meiyol:

Maybe he's just using that as an excuse. Maybe not.
You are a medical student and am sure u know about sickle cell screening for unborn children. so in this age, AS marrying AS should not be a problem if both have the financial capacity and are ready for the future ahead.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ladies, How Would You React When You Catch Your Man Sniffing Your Panties? / Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Guy / My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.