Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,954 members, 7,814,237 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

How To Know The Difference Between Love And Infatuation. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Know The Difference Between Love And Infatuation. (668 Views)

Difference Between Love And Infatuation. / Difference Between Love Making And Having Sex? / The Difference Between Love And Infatuation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Know The Difference Between Love And Infatuation. by aboveonly(m): 6:32am On Jun 09, 2017
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 1 Corinthians 13:8 NIV

Hello friends,

Let me shock you: there is nothing called love at first sight contrary to popular opinion! “Are you serious?’’ someone might be tempted to ask me.

Instead, it is what I call “attraction at first sight.” You get attracted to anybody that fits into the mental picture of what you like. For example, I met my wife at the school library during my undergraduate days, and one thing that attracted me were her eyes (winks).i was swept up my feet before I began to relate more with her and by God’s we are married (12 years in the journey of marriage and still counting by God’s grace).

Many singles are moved by infatuation and assumed it is love! Assumption can be very costly dear friends. This is because love and infatuation feels the same way, BUT the difference between the two is: infatuation expires easily, but love stays. The Bible paints love thus: “Love never ends…” 1 Corinthians 13:8a.

How many of you have ever met someone that you felt so good about and three days later you ask yourself, “What came over me?’’ That, my friend is what is called infatuation!

Differences between Love and Infatuation

Love talks about devotion, infatuation talks about emotion. In love you “grow into” relationship then marriage, but for infatuation, you “fall into” and end up with heartbreaks and disappointment.

Love gives a aura of security, but infatuation begets an aura of uncertainty. Love lasts, infatuation is short lived or temporal.

The language of love is “I love you,” while the language of infatuation is “I want you.” In love, the bond is strengthened with time, while infatuation gets weakened with time.

The curriculum of love is based on shared experience, beliefs or attitudes, while the curriculum of infatuation is based on physical attraction or popularity. With love you become friends as well as lovers, but for infatuation, no real friendship. With love you can wait to marry, but infatuation is based on sex.

And finally, love always wants what’s best for the other person, while infatuation wants what’s best for themselves.

www.courtshipthenmarriage..com

Conclusion: Don’t mistake a temporary infatuation with love. You could end up with a bag of long term regrets.

Stay blessed.

Your friend,
@aboveonly
courtshipguide@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Bobrisky Using Crossdressing As A Brand / Why Do Some Girls Act This Way? / “Buy Shaving Stick From Your N30bn” – Fans React To Davido’s Hairy Armpit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.