Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa (55559 Views)

25 Most Expensive World Currencies In 2019 / Top 7 Strongest Currencies In Africa - October 1, 2017 / Top 7 Strongest Currencies In Africa…. You Wont Believe The No1, It Will Shock Y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Homeboiy: 7:57am On Jun 15, 2017
MrBONE2:
Proudly African,Proudly KiVuKian grin

who asked u?

proudly......
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by MrBONE2(m): 8:03am On Jun 15, 2017
Homeboiy:

who asked u?

proudly......
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by agarawu23(m): 9:23am On Jun 15, 2017
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Firmjudge(m): 9:46am On Jun 15, 2017
DjAndroid:
All these indomie generation kids shouting Ghana cedis upandan, we have discussed what Ghana did to their cedis to make it look valuable when in actual sense, it's not. That was when Charles Soludo was the our CBN governor. Read! read! read!

I agree..

Again today the OP will mislead thousand.
I just pity those who rely on Nairaland for this kind of information.

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 15, 2017
decatalyst:
I STOPED reading the rest when is saw that Ghana Cedis rank valuable and powerful than the naira shocked

We suppose stone the money launderers and economy saboteurs.
More reason the country should give way.
NORTHERNERS have killed this country...
Ask IBB, he knows what I'm talking about.

A national SHAME cry cry
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Nackzy: 10:17am On Jun 15, 2017
Buhari... U see ur sef

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 15, 2017
Explorers:
1. Libyan Dinar.

Libya is known for it vast deposit of crude oil.

Currency of Libya, the Libyan Dinar is the strongest currency in Africa.

One (1) Libyan Dinar is equals to NGN 223.

When compared with the dollar, one dollar is equivalent to 1.4116 Libyan dinars.

http:///highest-currency-in-africa-strongest-most-valuable-currency/

chisos
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by AmaechiLinus(m): 10:17am On Jun 15, 2017
I will make sure naira exchange rates is equal to US $ Where is Buhari

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 15, 2017
We can blame our leaders all we want, we are also part of the reasons our beloved Naira is declining.

=>Let's reduce our dependence on imported goods and buy more of locally made goods

=>Let's do more to fight corruption at all levels

=>Let's speak and act in one voice by voting out corrupt political office holders (they are directly behind the Naira decline - with their massive foreign investments)

The list goes on and on

IF WE BELIEVE WE CAN, WE WILL wink

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Tolubory(m): 10:19am On Jun 15, 2017
olaniyi0:
shocked chai! naija don suffer and sum1 will be saying naija na giant of africa, smh.
Ghana changed most of their Currencies...
They devalues most of their Denominations that's why Ghanian currency is higher.

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by kikake: 10:19am On Jun 15, 2017
Explorers:
3. Ghanaians Cedis.

West African country, one of the closest neighbor to Nigeria.

Ghana, with a growing and well managed economy.

This has earned them third spot with the Ghanaian cedis has the their highest currency in Africa.

Also, many years back, their situation could not even be compared to what is obtainable in Nigeria but as we have it today, some would even argue that they are better developed.

One Ghanaian Cedis is equal to 79 Naira.

Comparing it with the dollar, it is approximately 4 Ghanaian cedis that’s one U.S dollar.

Ghana recently knocked off three zeros from the Cedi.
Exactly what former CBN Governor, Soludo wanted to do on the Naira but was refused by president Yar'Adua.

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 15, 2017
freeDR:

LISTEN UP:

That those countries have a better exchange rate does not mean they have a better economy.

E.g 1kuwaiti dinar = 3.30dollars.

Does that make Kuwaiti economy better than that of the US?
In percentages there are more poor people in US than in Kuwait.

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Badonasty(m): 10:20am On Jun 15, 2017
Explorers:
9. Eritrean Nakfa.

Eritrea, an island country of Africa.

Their currency is one of the currency that beats the Naira.

The currency is worth 20.27 Naira.

The exchange rate of this currency to the dollar is 15.5 Eritrean Nakfa equals one USD.

Eritrea isn't an island...get your facts right

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Emassive(m): 10:21am On Jun 15, 2017
Any undertakers available? Take naija to the cleaners
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 15, 2017
All hail the biafrain currency grin grin grin

I = I

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by iaminspired: 10:23am On Jun 15, 2017
Nigeria my country grin grin

Everything about you is clueless

Nigeria I hail thee
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 15, 2017
Explorers:
10. Zambian Kwacha.

Zambian Kwacha, currency of Zambia is also one of the highest currency in Africa .

1 USD = 9.84 Zambian kwacha.

The kwacha is only "strong" because it was overvalued, otherwise zambians wouldve gone the zimbabwean way, buying things in millions. The dollar and south african rand are pretty value less there

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Cire80: 10:24am On Jun 15, 2017
Remove Ghana Cedis. Naira is still stronger than cedis. Redenomination doesn't make a currency stronger

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Seun360(m): 10:24am On Jun 15, 2017
DjAndroid:
All these indomie generation kids shouting Ghana cedis upandan, we have discussed what Ghana did to their cedis to make it look valuable when in actual sense, it's not. That was when Charles Soludo was the our CBN governor. Read! read! read!

Recall vividly well...... That was btw 2007/08.

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by hmbassey1960(m): 10:25am On Jun 15, 2017
Explorers:
1. Libyan Dinar.

When compared with the dollar, one dollar is equivalent to 1.4116 Libyan dinars.

Guy check your source again, libya dinar libya money died with gaddahfi,i live in bengahzi so i know wat am saying this info was back then 2007

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Tecno66: 10:25am On Jun 15, 2017
While nigeria currency is on free fall. Even Libya that has no government has strong currency. Who we offend?
Explorers:
1. Libyan Dinar.

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by seunny4lif(m): 10:26am On Jun 15, 2017
akeensbussy:
It is not the exchange rate of the country currency that determines the standard of living but Manufacturing and Exportation of goods and services that does that.

Compare South Korean Won to Libya Dinar.

Then compare their standard of living.

which is more developed?
Libya is far better than SK before the war
The best country in all the whole Africa
Don't talk want you don't know
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Elxandre(m): 10:27am On Jun 15, 2017
Misleading post.
You should rather say "countries with the lowest denominated currencies".
Right now, the Naira is stronger than the Cedis as a matter of fact.
all they have is just less number of zeros on their currency.

Ghana is presently 1cedis to 79 naira according to the OP, but add two zeros to the 1 and you get 100 to 79 Naira in market reality, because that's what it is.
1 Cedis has similar parity to 100 Naira if you know what I mean.

Goods and commodities are even more expensive in Ghana than Nigeria.
Let's not get confused abeg.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by richard870(m): 10:27am On Jun 15, 2017
Explorers:
3. Ghanaians Cedis.

West African country, one of the closest neighbor to Nigeria.

Ghana, with a growing and well managed economy.

This has earned them third spot with the Ghanaian cedis has the their highest currency in Africa.

Also, many years back, their situation could not even be compared to what is obtainable in Nigeria but as we have it today, some would even argue that they are better developed.

One Ghanaian Cedis is equal to 79 Naira.

Comparing it with the dollar, it is approximately 4 Ghanaian cedis that’s one U.S dollar.
You had better keep quiet!

This disgusting place is where you want to compare with Nigeria

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by oyienootieno: 10:27am On Jun 15, 2017
decatalyst:
I STOPED reading the rest when is saw that Ghana Cedis rank valuable and powerful than the naira shocked

We suppose stone the money launderers and economy saboteurs.

If you are just knowing that Cidi is greater than Naira then you must be living somewhere in a remote village. Maybe you wanted to write Sudanese currency that i can forgive you.
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by ensamy(m): 10:28am On Jun 15, 2017
If something happens and Osibanjo becomes president, then 1 USD = 1N.
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by seunny4lif(m): 10:28am On Jun 15, 2017
hmbassey1960:
Guy check your source again, libya dinar libya money died with gaddahfi,i live in bengahzi so i know wat am saying this info was back then 2007
Even till now
Dinars is still strong bro
2014 Dinars
1 = 120 Naira
1 = 2 Dollars
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by oyienootieno: 10:28am On Jun 15, 2017
The Elephant occupying that No.1 position in central bank should be castrated already... my grandmother would uave better managed the Naira.
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Elxandre(m): 10:28am On Jun 15, 2017
Cire80:
Remove Ghana Cedis. Naira is still stronger than cedis. Redenomination doesn't make a currency stronger
Yeah.
Though Cedis was far stronger than Naira till 2012.
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by henrimoto(m): 10:29am On Jun 15, 2017
olaniyi0:
Make i place my table n chair here, it's Explorers again. grin grin grin
It's Explorer Again!
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 15, 2017
I would rather be a Nigerian citizen regardless of currency. Thank God I'm not a Keke eating Ghanaian or a war monger Arab cheesy

Proudly Nigerian!!
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Nigeriadondie: 10:30am On Jun 15, 2017
undecided I have always said that Nigeria is forever doomed beyond redemption yet some gullible people would rain insults on their fathers for making my points which they can't dispute. Nigeria forbids progress. Countries that were worse than Nigeria has left Nigeria far behind and Nigeria is never ready to catch up. Ghanian cedis that was not even worth a tissue paper now has value than d naira that has become as useless as Nigeria itself
Even d Devil has more hope of making heaven than for Nigeria to be better.
Nigeria is reduced to nations like Yemen, Afghanistan and Somalia if not worse

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chinese 'Sharprite' Store Opens Right Opposite 'Shoprite' In SA (PICS) / Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE / GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach