Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,401 members, 7,830,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa (55569 Views)

25 Most Expensive World Currencies In 2019 / Top 7 Strongest Currencies In Africa - October 1, 2017 / Top 7 Strongest Currencies In Africa…. You Wont Believe The No1, It Will Shock Y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by adegeye38(m): 2:12pm On Jun 15, 2017
this has nothing to do with economy or inflation rate

the dollars is nt in the top 7 most valuable currencies in the world

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by seunny4lif(m): 2:13pm On Jun 15, 2017
hmbassey1960:
+218925260752
I'm adding you now
Delete it now pls
That's your whatsapp no
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by hmbassey1960(m): 2:16pm On Jun 15, 2017
seunny4lif:
I'm adding you now Delete it now pls That's your whatsapp no
yes
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by seunny4lif(m): 2:17pm On Jun 15, 2017
hmbassey1960:
yes
No problem
I sent you message already
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Kingspin(m): 2:17pm On Jun 15, 2017
Some idiots thinks is about oil revenue. Useless and lazy government.
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by djon78(m): 2:20pm On Jun 15, 2017
solelymade:
This is one of the most misleading posts on this platform. Gone are the days of smart and knowledgeable moderator or supermoderator who bring verified educative thread to frontpage

I'm most disappointed in the op, his threads are always informative except for this. I will allow you a first gaff.

The naira is much stronger than most of the currency outlined. When you do currency strength analysis you use labour wage rate, purchasing power, inflation etal

Currencies would have been better benchmark against one another if the gold backing still existed. That would have been clear for all to see, but now you need to start digging for history of currency to know how valuable each currency is.

Of the 24000 people that viewed this thread now, over 22000 have been misled, so what do we do.
It is because of no knowledge. One was comparing South Korea a global industrial giant to Libya a petro based war torn economy. Many here do not have basic economic knowledge.
If Nigeria can get her power infrastructure right and focus on improving the manufacturing sector, lower currency will favour the country because it will make her goods cheaper thereby boosting exports

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Kingspin(m): 2:24pm On Jun 15, 2017
freeDR:

LISTEN UP:

That those countries have a better exchange rate does not mean they have a better economy.

E.g 1kuwaiti dinar = 3.30dollars.

Does that make Kuwaiti economy better than that of the US?
You are on your own.
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by popularbc: 2:26pm On Jun 15, 2017
Explorers:
7. South African Rand.

This should have been up the ladder, but the currency is gradually losing it value.

Currently, one South African Rand is 22 Naira.

Against the dollar, 14 South African Rand equals one dollars.
u lied ,south africa rand is 12 to dollar ,an is more dan 22 to Nigerian naira. As a matter of fact his 30naira to 1rand.
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 15, 2017
Another thread that further proves that "There's no hope for Nigeria"!
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Outofsync(m): 2:42pm On Jun 15, 2017
Fascinating....
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by wine4dguy: 3:07pm On Jun 15, 2017
Listen up everybody.. .i have lived in Ghana , Nigeria and South Africa. What we fail to understand is that Nigerian currency has more purchasing power than any of these two countries I have mentioned . So get your facts right I will prefer to have ten thousand naira in Nigeria than to have it's equivalent in any of the countries I speak of.. The only thing u can tell me is that when one makes those currencies and bring them to Nigeria it is more valuable... So reason with me

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by wine4dguy: 3:09pm On Jun 15, 2017
popularbc:
u lied ,south africa rand is 12 to dollar ,an is more dan 22 to Nigerian naira. As a matter of fact his 30naira to 1rand.
thank you for that correction the OP just got these values on Google and expect everyone to chew it with him.... Please get your facts right
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by wine4dguy: 3:12pm On Jun 15, 2017
Kingspin:
You are on your own.
one thing about Nigerians I noticed is that we easily kill the messenger and forget the message he is telling you the truth and you are not even ready to learn. ..please try to enter aflao border at least you ll get a little glimpse of what currencies and exchange rates are related to economy... Move out of your comfort zone

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 15, 2017
Biafran Akpu

1000000000biafra akpu = $0
grin
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Kingspin(m): 3:38pm On Jun 15, 2017
wine4dguy:
one thing about Nigerians I noticed is that we easily kill the messenger and forget the message he is telling you the truth and you are not even ready to learn. ..please try to enter aflao border at least you ll get a little glimpse of what currencies and exchange rates are related to economy... Move out of your comfort zone
US dollar to Naira is how much? And Ghana cedi to Naira is how much? Don't you know how much this dollar issue is damaging our country's economy? I have Ghana friends, in Ghana atleast there is steady electricity and their economy is stable unlike Nigeria. For me Naira purchasing power is low cum with every day inflation and that is why Nigerians spend most of their earning on food. Some Nigerians use to attribute our exchange rate to oil. But real talk is that we as a nation have failed to plan well and implement well. So when ever we get it right Nigerians will know and see things for themselves.You shouldn't comment to suit yourself, speak base on reality. Nigeria should up their game and stop stupid politics.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Chukazu: 4:20pm On Jun 15, 2017
SOLUDO wanted to revalue the Naira but due to politics, the northerners felt their Bureau de exchange brothers would run out of business, and sabotaged it
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by O0XYGEN: 4:23pm On Jun 15, 2017
Elxandre:
Misleading post.
You should rather say "countries with the lowest denominated currencies".
Right now, the Naira is stronger than the Cedis as a matter of fact.
all they have is just less number of zeros on their currency.

Ghana is presently 1cedis to 79 naira according to the OP, but add two zeros to the 1 and you get 100 to 79 Naira in market reality, because that's what it is.
1 Cedis has similar parity to 100 Naira if you know what I mean.

Goods and commodities are even more expensive in Ghana than Nigeria.
Let's not get confused abeg.
You are the dumbest among your fellow ignorant compatriots.
You are full of ignorance.
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Amicable24: 4:57pm On Jun 15, 2017
Explorers:
10. Zambian Kwacha.

Zambian Kwacha, currency of Zambia is also one of the highest currency in Africa .

1 USD = 9.84 Zambian kwacha.

Are you for real?? I was even expecting to see our fallen currency tongue
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by O0XYGEN: 5:03pm On Jun 15, 2017
Boyoorisha:

Ghana underwent currency redenomination.
So?
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by O0XYGEN: 5:04pm On Jun 15, 2017
obax321:
It doesn't work that way! Ghana redominated their currency sometimes ago. Equivalent of N100K in Ghana is worth N79K in Nigeria. I was in Ghana for like a month early this year. So I know. Nigeria's money is stronger than Cedis.
Your need to get rid of that generator fumes in your head.
How can that useless naira be stronger than cedis.
Are you guys just dumb or its intentional?
Do you even know what the redomination was all about?
You guys are full of ignorance
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by O0XYGEN: 5:11pm On Jun 15, 2017
Abagworo:

Naira is far more valuable than the Ghanian Cedis. Ghana reduced 4 zeros of 10,000 Cedis to print new Cedis as 1 unit. If you remove four zeros from 10,000 Naira it means 1Naira will be equal to 30Dollar or 120 Cedis.
You are so dumb.
No wonder schools in nigeria doesn't have any international recognition

I just can't imagine the level of your dumbness after reading more on their currency devaluation.
Before the devaluation of their cedi there was nothing like 1 cedi.
Their currency started from 10000 cedis which was equivalent to 1 dollar.(Their lowest currency note was 10000 cedis just as ours is 1 naira)
20000 was also equivalent to 2 dollars.
So eventually they decided to get rid of the zeros(which was meaningless ) to get a single digit.(just like 1 naira)
So 10000 became 1 cedi ,20000 became 2 cedis which was equivalent to 1 dollar n 2 dollars respectively , likewise de rest.

In Nigeria don't we already have 1 naira?
How can we devaluate 1 naira?
Which zeros are to be taking off?
So you see how dumb you sound?
Their devaluation changed nothing.
Everything still remains the same .

Dickhead .
I hate people who are ignorant.
Educate yourself first before showcasing your ignorance on social media.
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by chukapella: 5:14pm On Jun 15, 2017
and i ask..why go to south africa to hustle when u can make something better in ghana..N78 against N22....all nigerian in the south shud relocate to ghana den.
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by O0XYGEN: 5:15pm On Jun 15, 2017
MrCEO69:

But in terms of value its trash!!! u can buy more with 80 naira den 1cedi. in transport no bus collect 1cedi even in the shortest distance.. everything in the country is rising exponentially.. cedi is cursed.
You are not making sense.
We are talking about exchange rate.
And it's a fact that naira is too useless compared with the cedi.
The cedi is more valuable than the Naira.
In transptransport dey don't collect 1 cedi for short distances in Ghana but converting that 1 cedi to naira will do a lot in nigeria.
That's how useless the Naira is.
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by O0XYGEN: 5:21pm On Jun 15, 2017
Cire80:
was never stronger. Do you know what knocking out many zeros mean? 1,000 000 cedis is now equals 100
I just can't imagine the level of your dumbness after reading more on their currency devaluation.
Their currency started from 10000 cedis which was equivalent to 1 dollar.(Their lowest currency note was 10000 cedis just as ours is 1 naira)
So eventually they decided to get rid of the zeros(which was meaningless ) to get a single digit.(just like 1 naira)
So 10000 became 1 cedi ,20000 became 2 cedis which was equivalent to 1 dollar n 2 dollars respectively , likewise de rest.

Dickhead .
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by O0XYGEN: 5:23pm On Jun 15, 2017
kikake:

Ghana recently knocked off three zeros from the Cedi.
Exactly what former CBN Governor, Soludo wanted to do on the Naira but was refused by president Yar'Adua.

Dickhead .
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by O0XYGEN: 5:24pm On Jun 15, 2017
Cire80:
Remove Ghana Cedis. Naira is still stronger than cedis. Redenomination doesn't make a currency stronger
How can useless naira be stronger than cedis.
Are you dumb?
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by O0XYGEN: 5:25pm On Jun 15, 2017
richard870:
You had better keep quiet!

This disgusting place is where you want to compare with Nigeria
Hahahaha is there any place as disgusting as nigeria?
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by O0XYGEN: 5:26pm On Jun 15, 2017
DjAndroid:
All these indomie generation kids shouting Ghana cedis upandan, we have discussed what Ghana did to their cedis to make it look valuable when in actual sense, it's not. That was when Charles Soludo was the our CBN governor. Read! read! read!
You need education yourself.

Dickhead .
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by richard870(m): 5:27pm On Jun 15, 2017
O0XYGEN:

Hahahaha is there any place as disgusting as nigeria?
Oh yeah, u won't know till you live naija

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by O0XYGEN: 5:29pm On Jun 15, 2017
richard870:
Oh yeah, u won't know till you live naija
Hahahaha are you a comedian or what?
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 15, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]
Biafra currency is bigger than all of African' currencies.
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by MrIkebuk(m): 5:41pm On Jun 15, 2017
DjAndroid:
All these indomie generation kids shouting Ghana cedis upandan, we have discussed what Ghana did to their cedis to make it look valuable when in actual sense, it's not. That was when Charles Soludo was the our CBN governor. Read! read! read!
Rebasing, right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chinese 'Sharprite' Store Opens Right Opposite 'Shoprite' In SA (PICS) / Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE / GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.