Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,347 members, 7,829,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa (55568 Views)

25 Most Expensive World Currencies In 2019 / Top 7 Strongest Currencies In Africa - October 1, 2017 / Top 7 Strongest Currencies In Africa…. You Wont Believe The No1, It Will Shock Y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Limitless72(m): 12:17pm On Jun 15, 2017
freeDR:

LISTEN UP:

That those countries have a better exchange rate does not mean they have a better economy.

E.g 1kuwaiti dinar = 3.30dollars.

Does that make Kuwaiti economy better than that of the US?

Bro shut the fuckup...
Stop supporting nonsense...
What was Ghana currency compared to the Nigerian Naira before....
Its been more that 56 yrs yet our leaders haven't realise how stupid they're .....
The truth is our leaders aren't bothered if the naira falls or appreciates,,they don't use naira sef....

The true and best definition of madness is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result....

Abeg make this country separate and let's see whose currency will top the strongest....

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by unyime404: 12:31pm On Jun 15, 2017
Explorers:
10. Zambian Kwacha.

Zambian Kwacha, currency of Zambia is also one of the highest currency in Africa .

1 USD = 9.84 Zambian kwacha.
. what about the Seychellois rupee
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Boyoorisha: 12:32pm On Jun 15, 2017
Explorers:
3. Ghanaians Cedis.

West African country, one of the closest neighbor to Nigeria.

Ghana, with a growing and well managed economy.

This has earned them third spot with the Ghanaian cedis has the their highest currency in Africa.

Also, many years back, their situation could not even be compared to what is obtainable in Nigeria but as we have it today, some would even argue that they are better developed.

One Ghanaian Cedis is equal to 79 Naira.

Comparing it with the dollar, it is approximately 4 Ghanaian cedis that’s one U.S dollar.

Ghana underwent currency redenomination.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by obax321(m): 12:34pm On Jun 15, 2017
It doesn't work that way! Ghana redominated their currency sometimes ago. Equivalent of N100K in Ghana is worth N79K in Nigeria. I was in Ghana for like a month early this year. So I know. Nigeria's money is stronger than Cedis.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by HolyTitus(m): 12:35pm On Jun 15, 2017
NIGERIA, Weaklings of Africa
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by hmbassey1960(m): 12:55pm On Jun 15, 2017
seunny4lif:

Even till now
Dinars is still strong bro
2014 Dinars
1 = 120 Naira
1 = 2 Dollars
guy i live in libya so i know what am saying
100 dollars=900dinar
and that 900dinar is nt a small cash,before libya moni heavy but now e get value again,gaddahfi die libya die
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by seunny4lif(m): 1:07pm On Jun 15, 2017
hmbassey1960:
guy i live in libya so i know what am saying
100 dollars=900dinar
and that 900dinar is nt a small cash,before libya moni heavy but now e get value again,gaddahfi die libya die
I can't ague with you on present
But in 2015
Dinars was till good
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Oches4me(m): 1:09pm On Jun 15, 2017
freeDR:

LISTEN UP:

That those countries have a better exchange rate does not mean they have a better economy.

E.g 1kuwaiti dinar = 3.30dollars.

Does that make Kuwaiti economy better than that of the US?
their standard of living is far better to USA
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Ferdinandu(m): 1:10pm On Jun 15, 2017
DjAndroid:
All these indomie generation kids shouting Ghana cedis upandan, we have discussed what Ghana did to their cedis to make it look valuable when in actual sense, it's not. That was when Charles Soludo was the our CBN governor. Read! read! read!
Thank you for reminding them. These are empty heads who are going to be Leaders of tomorrow . If these are the kind of brains we have then we are really doomed. Common Secondary school economics they cannot comprehend. What does the nominal value of currency got to do with the real value?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by hmbassey1960(m): 1:10pm On Jun 15, 2017
seunny4lif:

I can't ague with you on present
But in 2015
Dinars was till good
you rit, but after the change the money na so the money fall the do not even have government
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by seunny4lif(m): 1:13pm On Jun 15, 2017
hmbassey1960:
you rit, but after the change the money na so the money fall the do not even have government
So, where are you in Libya now?
I know it's getting worst everyday
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by hmbassey1960(m): 1:16pm On Jun 15, 2017
seunny4lif:
So, where are you in Libya now? I know it's getting worst everyday
Tripoli
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Kakamorufu(m): 1:16pm On Jun 15, 2017
I weep for Nigeria
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by fuckpro: 1:16pm On Jun 15, 2017
DjAndroid:
All these indomie generation kids shouting Ghana cedis upandan, we have discussed what Ghana did to their cedis to make it look valuable when in actual sense, it's not. That was when Charles Soludo was the our CBN governor. Read! read! read!
...sir what did they do
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Sammyblaq(m): 1:19pm On Jun 15, 2017
1000k, 500h, 200h naira should be scrapped...

Not even sure naija will make Top 20.
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 15, 2017
I am not a cut-throat economist,so I am just gonna do a moon-walk out of this topic. But before I do,two things 1.I am quite appalled at the sort of uniformed comments I am seeing here(too many ignoramuses on NL and some are "graduates"wink 2.We Nigerians feel the pinch of having a "weak" currency because we have a mono-economy that is heavily dependent on imports. Flip it the other way around and you get an advantage. I know countries with even weaker currencies that have VERY strong economies. A good example South Korea($1=1131) SK Won). You ask for the advantage? google is your friend-exports from countries with weaker currencies tend to be cheaper than those from countries with stronger ones-look at the prices of exports from China and the US. Economists am I talking trash? Last word,a strong currency does not always mean a strong economy. No,sir. Back to my moonwalk.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by seunny4lif(m): 1:28pm On Jun 15, 2017
hmbassey1960:
Tripoli
Nice
Where in triplus
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by freeDR(m): 1:29pm On Jun 15, 2017
Oches4me:
their standard of living is far better to USA
Can u tell us their GDP and PPP?
Let's start from there.
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Gudfrie(m): 1:30pm On Jun 15, 2017
Explorers:
4. Sudanese Pounds.

The Sudanese Pounds is the currency of Sudan, it is one of the highest currency in Africa.

About 6 Sudanese pounds is equal to one United States dollar.

To the Nigerian Naira, a Sudanese pound equals 48 Naira.
Oh my Nigeria..............thou hath thy cursed
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by hmbassey1960(m): 1:32pm On Jun 15, 2017
seunny4lif:
Nice Where in triplus
tripoli is the capital
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Ahmeduana(m): 1:34pm On Jun 15, 2017
Explorers:
3. Ghanaians Cedis.

West African country, one of the closest neighbor to Nigeria.

Ghana, with a growing and well managed economy.

This has earned them third spot with the Ghanaian cedis has the their highest currency in Africa.

Also, many years back, their situation could not even be compared to what is obtainable in Nigeria but as we have it today, some would even argue that they are better developed.

One Ghanaian Cedis is equal to 79 Naira.

Comparing it with the dollar, it is approximately 4 Ghanaian cedis that’s one U.S dollar.
BUT YOU didn't NARRATE THE CIRCUMSTANCES THAT surrounded THE RD
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by seunny4lif(m): 1:35pm On Jun 15, 2017
hmbassey1960:
tripoli is the capital
Bros I know
Tripoli is called triplus by Arabs
The spell I wrote is not correct but it sound triplus.
I lived in Libya for almost 5 years
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by deWav: 1:37pm On Jun 15, 2017
seguno2:

Yes sir, in ALL levels of government from local to state to federal.
Does that mean that we, the citizens, who elected and/or ALLOWED them to rule over us are even MORE clueless?

The government is a product of the citizens. QED

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by hmbassey1960(m): 1:38pm On Jun 15, 2017
seunny4lif:
Bros I know Tripoli is called triplus by Arabs The spell I wrote is not correct but it sound triplus. I lived in Libya for almost 5 years
trabulus
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by seguno2: 1:42pm On Jun 15, 2017
deWav:
The government is a product of the citizens. QED

Thanks.
I couldn't have said it better.
Those of us who understand should make it a point of duty to sensitise and educate everyone around us about this.
Surely we can do bette as a country.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by seunny4lif(m): 1:49pm On Jun 15, 2017
hmbassey1960:
trabulus
Lol
No be so we dey call am then
Which area you stay
Give your number
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Mikeiron78(m): 1:51pm On Jun 15, 2017
Only fools get confused with the dumb analysis of an amateur like this OP. The exchange rate being higher from one country to the other is not what makes it great. It is the purchasing power.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by tayorh(m): 1:54pm On Jun 15, 2017
I see.. No wonder naija babes deh run go libya..
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by MedicMan1role1(f): 1:55pm On Jun 15, 2017
decatalyst:
I STOPED reading the rest when is saw that Ghana Cedis rank valuable and powerful than the naira shocked

We suppose stone the money launderers and economy saboteurs.

They is no need to act emotionally. This is because ghana re-evaluated their currenncy a long while ago. We failed to do ours for certain reasons

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by solelymade: 1:58pm On Jun 15, 2017
This is one of the most misleading posts on this platform. Gone are the days of smart and knowledgeable moderator or supermoderator who bring verified educative thread to frontpage

I'm most disappointed in the op, his threads are always informative except for this. I will allow you a first gaff.

The naira is much stronger than most of the currency outlined. When you do currency strength analysis you use labour wage rate, purchasing power, inflation etal

Currencies would have been better benchmark against one another if the gold backing still existed. That would have been clear for all to see, but now you need to start digging for history of currency to know how valuable each currency is.

Of the 24000 people that viewed this thread now, over 22000 have been misled, so what do we do.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Zieristclair(m): 2:03pm On Jun 15, 2017
Alezy:
the guy for that Libya money just dey wake up from sleep?
hahahahahahahahahaha!
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by hmbassey1960(m): 2:12pm On Jun 15, 2017
[quote author=seunny4lif post=57542350]
Lol
No be so we dey call am then
Which area you stay
Give your number [/qujdagwpg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chinese 'Sharprite' Store Opens Right Opposite 'Shoprite' In SA (PICS) / Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE / GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.