Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,513 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa (55575 Views)

25 Most Expensive World Currencies In 2019 / Top 7 Strongest Currencies In Africa - October 1, 2017 / Top 7 Strongest Currencies In Africa…. You Wont Believe The No1, It Will Shock Y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Jacseyi(m): 5:47pm On Jun 15, 2017
[quote author=solelymade post=57542619]This is one of the most misleading posts on this platform. Gone are the days of smart and knowledgeable moderator or supermoderator who bring verified educative thread to frontpage

I'm most disappointed in the op, his threads are always informative except for this. I will allow you a first gaff.

The naira is much stronger than most of the currency outlined. When you do currency strength analysis you use labour wage rate, purchasing power, inflation etal

Currencies would have been better benchmark against one another if the gold backing still existed. That would have been clear for all to see, but now you need to start digging for history of currency to know how valuable each currency is.

Of the 24000 people that viewed this thread now, over 22000 have been

God bless you sir, Nairaland is spreading illiteracy among uneducated Nigerians.
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Belmot(m): 5:51pm On Jun 15, 2017
This Op need to go and do proper research before posting. The ignorance displayed on this thread is mind boggling. Ghanaian cedi and zambian kwacha one of the strongest currencies in africa? They are artificially strong because of the redenomination. The purchasing power is still the same with the old currency.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Belmot(m): 5:55pm On Jun 15, 2017
Joavid:
Another thread that further proves that "There's no hope for Nigeria"!
This thread is full of lies and mis information. You should try and do your own research before you draw conclusion.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by obax321(m): 6:04pm On Jun 15, 2017
So you can't talk without being abusive?
O0XYGEN:

Your need to get rid of that generator fumes in your head.
How can that useless naira be stronger than cedis.
Are you guys just dumb or its intentional?
Do you even know what the redomination was all about?
You guys are full of ignorance

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by JohnJay14(m): 6:36pm On Jun 15, 2017
Naija still dey load..ndi iberibe!
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by dbynonetwork: 6:38pm On Jun 15, 2017
akeensbussy:
It is not the exchange rate of the country currency that determines the standard of living but Manufacturing and Exportation of goods and services that does that.

Compare South Korean Won to Libya Dinar.

Then compare their standard of living.

which is more developed?
Mr Akeen hope you are not trying to insinuate that Nigerian economy/currency is better than those afromentioned countries..
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by MrCEO69(m): 6:54pm On Jun 15, 2017
O0XYGEN:

You are not making sense.
We are talking about exchange rate.
And it's a fact that naira is too useless compared with the cedi.
The cedi is more valuable than the Naira.
In transptransport dey don't collect 1 cedi for short distances in Ghana but converting that 1 cedi to naira will do a lot in nigeria.
That's how useless the Naira is.

Well u that is trying to make sense fail to do so.. bf naira crash.. cedi has been so useless.. i came to gh in 2014 since den cedi has gone from 2.8 to 4.5 now to a $1 and the fact still remain that, the value of the money is worthless compare to naira. what u can do with 1k in nigeria u cant do with 10 cedi tho it bigger now then 1k. do u kow the mean of value? u sure say u go sch? value is what sense? Ghana is the most expensive country in the whole of africa hope u know that! the money dnt hv value cos u can eat 3 times with 10cedi in ghana but u can do that in nigeria and still hv change..

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by DjAndroid: 7:22pm On Jun 15, 2017
O0XYGEN:

You need education yourself.

I just can't imagine the level of your dumbness after reading more on their currency devaluation.
Before the devaluation of their cedi there was nothing like 1 cedi.
Their currency started from 10000 cedis which was equivalent to 1 dollar.(Their lowest currency note was 10000 cedis just as ours is 1 naira)
20000 was also equivalent to 2 dollars.
So eventually they decided to get rid of the zeros(which was meaningless ) to get a single digit.(just like 1 naira)
So 10000 became 1 cedi ,20000 became 2 cedis which was equivalent to 1 dollar n 2 dollars respectively , likewise de rest.

In Nigeria don't we already have 1 naira?
How can we devaluate 1 naira?
Which zeros are to be taking off?
So you see how dumb you sound?
Their devaluation changed nothing.
Everything still remains the same .

Dickhead .
I hate people who are ignorant.
Educate yourself first before showcasing your ignorance on social media.
Daft.

Read my post again. I too know.
Simple English you fool cannot understand. Idiat

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by MayorRazor: 7:42pm On Jun 15, 2017
freeDR:

LISTEN UP:

That those countries have a better exchange rate does not mean they have a better economy.

E.g 1kuwaiti dinar = 3.30dollars.

Does that make Kuwaiti economy better than that of the US?
Guy kuwaiti has the 5th largest Gdp per capita. Check your facts. Kuwaiti is a far better country than your country.
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by orjaha(m): 7:55pm On Jun 15, 2017
I don't that Nigeria currency will improve coz those that are suppose to work for it's improvement are gaining from it
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Elxandre(m): 7:56pm On Jun 15, 2017
Cire80:
how? Was it ever higher than the dollar? $ 100 has never equalled N1,000 000
Yes the cedis stronger than the dollar before 2012, at least in numerical value.
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Elxandre(m): 7:57pm On Jun 15, 2017
genearts:

Stronger?? Do you even know what a stronger currency means??
I hope you lived in Ghana during that period?
you wouldn't argue this point if you did.
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Cire80: 8:07pm On Jun 15, 2017
O0XYGEN:

I just can't imagine the level of your dumbness after reading more on their currency devaluation.
Their currency started from 10000 cedis which was equivalent to 1 dollar.(Their lowest currency note was 10000 cedis just as ours is 1 naira)
So eventually they decided to get rid of the zeros(which was meaningless ) to get a single digit.(just like 1 naira)
So 10000 became 1 cedi ,20000 became 2 cedis which was equivalent to 1 dollar n 2 dollars respectively , likewise de rest.

Dickhead .
What kind of a dimness is this? The same reason Ghana was counting in millions is the same reason Zimbabwe is counting in billions. Zimbabwe can decide to knock out ten zeros but that would not make their currency stronger than the Naira

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Ucheparker(m): 8:21pm On Jun 15, 2017
MrCEO69:

Well u that is trying to make sense fail to do so.. bf naira crash.. cedi has been so useless.. i came to gh in 2014 since den cedi has gone from 2.8 to 4.5 now to a $1 and the fact still remain that, the value of the money is worthless compare to naira. what u can do with 1k in nigeria u cant do with 10 cedi tho it bigger now then 1k. do u kow the mean of value? u sure say u go sch? value is what sense? Ghana is the most expensive country in the whole of africa hope u know that! the money dnt hv value cos u can eat 3 times with 10cedi in ghana but u can do that in nigeria and still hv change..

My guy he won't understand. I'm sure that guy has not traveled out of this country. I lived in Ghana for a while and even though the economy has improved their currency is still trash. When I'm being sent money from Nigeria it becomes a lot more a cedis. The mistake most of them make is that they think 1 cedi is eqaul to 1 naira and so forth . Meanwhile 1 cedi is equivalent to 100 naira but the exchange rate is 79 naira which means you would get an extra of 21 naira on every exchange you make per cedi. The Naira is stronger than a lot of the currency in that list judging from the fact that the OP didn't include purchasing power into his misleading post.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Dollabiz: 9:02pm On Jun 15, 2017
Ok
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by MayorRazor: 9:27pm On Jun 15, 2017
O0XYGEN:
You are so dumb.
No wonder schools in nigeria doesn't have any international recognition

Dickhead .
Mister Smart, it is redomination... not devaluation. itk

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by O0XYGEN: 11:29pm On Jun 15, 2017
MrCEO69:

That's where u get it wrong.10 cedis is nothing in Ghana but when you change that 10 cedis to naira it becomes a lot.
That should tell you that the cedi is more valuable than the naira.
Ghana will be expensive for you nigerians because your naira is useless.
But a Ghanaian will find it easy in nigeria because changing the cedi to naira will give u a lot .
It's as simple as ABCD
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by MrCEO69(m): 12:51am On Jun 16, 2017
Ucheparker:

My guy he won't understand. I'm sure that guy has not traveled out of this country. I lived in Ghana for a while and even though the economy has improved their currency is still trash. When I'm being sent money from Nigeria it becomes a lot more a cedis. The mistake most of them make is that they think 1 cedi is eqaul to 1 naira and so forth . Meanwhile 1 cedi is equivalent to 100 naira but the exchange rate is 79 naira which means you would get an extra of 21 naira on every exchange you make per cedi. The Naira is stronger than a lot of the currency in that list judging from the fact that the OP didn't include purchasing power into his misleading post.

He is still trying to prove his point.
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by MrCEO69(m): 12:54am On Jun 16, 2017
O0XYGEN:

That's where u get it wrong.10 cedis is nothing in Ghana but when you change that 10 cedis to naira it becomes a lot.
That should tell you that the cedi is more valuable than the naira.
Ghana will be expensive for you nigerians because your naira is useless.
But a Ghanaian will find it easy in nigeria because changing the cedi to naira will give u a lot .
It's as simple as ABCD

HP u know that exchange rate does not me value? Value is what that ur money can do for u in that ur country. U made mention of bring the cedi to Nigeria, why should I enjoy more of the CEDI's in ng den GH? 10 is 1k5 more den 1k.. Only bread is now sold for 9cedis. Taxi fine it hard to tk 10cedi.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Nobody: 2:06am On Jun 16, 2017
Belmot:
This thread is full of lies and mis information. You should try and do your own research before you draw conclusion.

I don draw my conclusion long before this thread. find someone else to troll as to make yourself feel better. not me.
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by mikron(m): 2:26am On Jun 16, 2017
DjAndroid:
All these indomie generation kids shouting Ghana cedis upandan, we have discussed what Ghana did to their cedis to make it look valuable when in actual sense, it's not. That was when Charles Soludo was the our CBN governor. Read! read! read!
u just took the words outta my mouth bro, i wonder why people dont read before they comment, ghana did simple re-denomination, they remove the unwanted many zero's in their money to make it look strong e.g 3 zero's was removed from ghc 10,000 to make it look like ghc 10. the old value remains the same

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Belmot(m): 4:50am On Jun 16, 2017
Joavid:

I don draw my conclusion long before this thread. find someone else to troll as to make yourself feel better. not me.
Troll! really? I forgot you're just as ignorant as the rest. Don't bother replying so you can feel better too.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by bejeria101(m): 9:02am On Jun 16, 2017
Alezy:
the guy for that Libya money just dey wake up from sleep?

He forget say that day na the photoshoot lol
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:22am On Jun 16, 2017
Ehiscotch:
Real economists know that the strength of your currency doesn't necessarily mean your economy is well developed.

Please explain to me, I wanna know
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Ehiscotch(m): 9:29am On Jun 16, 2017
Tajbol4splend:

Please explain to me, I wanna know
Some of these countries currencies are stronger than the yen but are 3000% underdeveloped when compared to China's.
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by tico1212(m): 1:54pm On Jun 16, 2017
olaniyi0:
shocked chai! naija don suffer and sum1 will be saying naija na giant of africa, smh.
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by tpapi: 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2017
Baonel:
What about Biafran pounds?
hello ow r u doing, pls there is something I wan to ask u, cannot we chat on Watsap
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by ViVaMadrid: 11:33pm On Jul 08, 2017
Ehiscotch:
Some of these countries currencies are stronger than the yen but are 3000% underdeveloped when compared to China's.

Chinese (Yuan) and Japanese (Yen)
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Baonel(m): 12:10am On Jul 09, 2017
tpapi:
hello ow r u doing, pls there is something I wan to ask u, cannot we chat on Watsap
what's that?
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Baonel(m): 12:13am On Jul 09, 2017
Drop ur number
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by tpapi: 6:49am On Jul 09, 2017
Baonel:
what's that?
is concerning ur treatment, any positive result
Re: Top 10 Strongest Currencies In Africa by Baonel(m): 3:36pm On Jul 10, 2017
tpapi:
is concerning ur treatment, any positive result
send me an email ekwuememgbeonye@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chinese 'Sharprite' Store Opens Right Opposite 'Shoprite' In SA (PICS) / Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE / GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.