Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,100 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo (35797 Views)

Zamfara Includes Fulfulde (Fulani) Language In Curriculum / Reps Tell Education Ministry To Separate CRS From IRS In Curriculum / Relevant Of M.sc In Curriculum And Instructions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by GoodGovernance: 1:58pm On Jun 16, 2017
For those of you that have been mislead by the mischief and intolerance nature of C.A.N.Here are the facts:

1.Arabic studies was introduced as an alternative LANGUAGE to French.Adding Islamic to Arabic is a mere mischief.

Islamic Arabic studies does not not make any meaning.Arabic is the name of the Language of Arabs.Not all Arabs are muslims!!!!!!.

French,Arabic,English,Spanish,German,etc are taught in most developed countries as international languages ,no religious strings are attached.

Arabic especially is taught even in christian dominated countries like England and USA,as a language!

I have a friend who had to enroll for Arabic(not Islamic) studies ,having being seconded to Saudi Arabia,by an international oil company.

2.Both Muslims and Christians are to study Islamic and Christian knowledge, for religious understanding and harmony,under one subject: CIVICs.

The earlier you accept the fact that Arabic language is fast becoming an international language,the better for you.

If your headache is the word Islamic,I can only let you cry alone and die in your religious intolerance and Islamophobia.

Is any Christian being forced to study Islamic Arabic studies? capital NO!

Enough of all these Nonsense.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 16, 2017
olat45:
When all the secondary and primary schools were doing CRS in their curriculum... They didn't shout.... No dey re barking
If don't like crk no problem but not forcing irk on the students that's the problem

1 Like

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by LionDeLeo: 1:59pm On Jun 16, 2017
authority2006:

So, you really believe that there is something like Islamic Arabic Studies? Two adjectives? CAN has really messed up your brain.

I'm telling you, the way people reason, I will even be wondering if the same brain is used for the typing and the idea.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by ivolt: 2:00pm On Jun 16, 2017
ollah1:

Smh, you consider Arabic that's spoken by Christians a religious indoctrination study but Chinese isn't. I laugh at your ignorance

Who cares what language christians speak and how does that
have an impact on an average Nigerian ?
Life is much more than your faith.

I maintain that arabic language has no economic value and must
be confined to madrassas not forced to be learn in a government
sponsored school.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 16, 2017
0b100100111:
Ever since Oritsejafor took leadershop of CAN, CAN has been a political joke.

What has Arabic studies got to do with Islam? If need be Hebrew should be introduced into school curriculum.

What a baseless and void assumption!

There's no need for two either be Hebrew or Arabic. Instead has highlighted by someone Chinese or German or even French would have been better.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by ivolt: 2:02pm On Jun 16, 2017
GoodGovernance:
For those of you that have been mislead by the mischief and intolerance nature of C.A.N.Here are the facts:

1.Arabic studies was introduced as an alternative LANGUAGE to French.Adding Islamic to Arabic is a mere mischief.

Islamic Arabic studies does not not make any meaning.Arabic is the name of the Language of Arabs.Not all Arabs are muslims!!!!!!.

French,Arabic,English,Spanish,German,etc are taught in most developed countries as international languages ,no religious strings are attached.

Arabic especially is taught even in christian dominated countries like England and USA,as a language!

I have a friend who had to enroll for Arabic(not Islamic) studies ,having being seconded to Saudi Arabia,by an international oil company.

2.Both Muslims and Christians are to study Islamic and Christian knowledge, for religious understanding and harmony,under one subject: CIVICs.

The earlier you accept the fact that Arabic language is fast becoming an international language,the better for you.

If your headache is the word Islamic,I can only let you cry alone and die in your religious intolerance and Islamophobia.

Aside the terror your religion unleashes on the world ?
What other value does arabic/islamic culture provide for its adherents ?

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 16, 2017
feelgoodInc:

did you read the post, a student was flogged mercilessly because he refused to study Arabic meanwhile the school didn't employ a CRK teacher and there was no French teacher. meanwhile those three subjects were compulsory

Don't be gullible. You are a literate. Arabic and French are languages while CRK isn't. Going by your comment, I can conclude this is a Christianization agenda cos only CRK is being taught .
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 16, 2017
anishe:

Christians are always complaining. Which one is Islamic Arabic Studies again?

Learning Arabic as a Language has become Islamic Arabic Language. Na wa o.

Even in US & UK, they offer Arabic Language as a course.

Is French not a Language?

I tire for my people.

Making compulsory or the only alternative is the issue here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 16, 2017
ivolt:

Aside the terror your religion unleashes on the world ?
What other value does arabic/islamic culture provide for its adherents ?

When I read this i laugh. Ohh, Islam is the cause of terror in the world. Whats the cause of terror in Libya, Afganistan, Iraq, Syria et al. ? Who ruined this countries? Christians did and they have done far worse things.
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Antangonist: 2:07pm On Jun 16, 2017
IRK/CRK had been in the school curriculum since when can president was in school, why complaining now?. yet we claim to be Christian.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 16, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Isn't French there? You guys are just lamenting cos of your hatred for Islam. CAN, like you are ignorant . Arabic isn't an official language of Muslim cos there are loads of Christian Arabs and they speak Arabic.
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by ephi321(f): 2:07pm On Jun 16, 2017
asuustrike2009:

They are deliberately refusing to either read or understand the issue being raised.
In any case, people will stand their ground. Nigeria is NOT an Islamic country and cannot be coerced into becoming one.

Schools are for education, not religious indoctrination. Eod.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 16, 2017
GoodGovernance:

If your headache is the word Islamic,I can only let you cry alone.

Yes a Christian student was forced and flogged mercilessly from the article. Probably you didn't read that part of the article

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 16, 2017
ephi321:

They are deliberately refusing to either read or understand the issue being raised.
In any case, people will stand their ground. Nigeria is NOT an Islamic country and cannot be coerced into becoming one.

Schools are for education, not religious indoctrination. Eod.
Exactly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by asked: 2:10pm On Jun 16, 2017
please don't bring any compussion here arabic is a languege like english languege but islamic studies is the religion they won't make it compulsory for all student to study arabic languege.
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 16, 2017
ivolt:

sponsored school.

What economic value does Chinese that you proposed has? Is French can be studied, why can't Arabic? Would you guys be shouting if it was Spanish or German or even Greek ?
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by GoodGovernance: 2:11pm On Jun 16, 2017
ivolt:

sponsored school.

You are very wrong!

No body is forcing you to study arabic in government schools.

Arabic has a lot of economic value!I have a friend that had to enroll for arabic studies when seconded to saudi arabia,by an international oil Giant!

Arabic ,just like english ,french,spanish,etc, is fast becoming an international language

The earlier you remove religious sentiments from intellectual discuss,the better for you.

True,Arabic is the language of Islam by virtue of the fact that Mohammed was an Arabian.

But the truth is,not all Arabs are Muslims.

C.A.N should fight for inclusion of Jewish language in to the curriculum,not antagonizing the fight of others to include Arabic as a language to be studied..

Fight for your own right ,do not fight against people's right to study Arabic.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Lekison(m): 2:12pm On Jun 16, 2017
Jesus is Lord

1 Like

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 16, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Yes a Christian student was forced and flogged mercilessly from the article. Probably you didn't read that part of the article

So only the guy has suffered it. The same CAN that lied that IRK is brought back but CRK isn't. You chose to believe what you wanted
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Arccangel(f): 2:12pm On Jun 16, 2017
GoodGovernance:

At your age?? Haba, talk wit sense na. You didn't even read the write up well, you just started disgracing yourself. If the courses are under civics, no problem. By bring islamic studies and forcing both Christian and Muslim to study it is where the problem is

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 16, 2017
ollah1:

Isn't French there? You guys are just lamenting cos of your hatred for Islam. CAN, like you are ignorant . Arabic isn't an official language of Muslim cos there are loads of Christian Arabs and they speak Arabic.
French is there but isn't compulsory. It they want to introduce it no problem but they shouldn't force it directly or indirectly on students. They haven't thought of French or German or even Chinese na Arabic language. So you didn't read were the student was flogged for not attending Arabic class? What do call that if not coercion?

1 Like

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by ephi321(f): 2:14pm On Jun 16, 2017
Meanwhile the Chibok girls who were supposedly writing WAEC had to be rehabilitated to learn English the lingua franca of the country and the language they would have used to write their exams.

Rather than focusing on the quality of education and also getting more children into schools and educating the general populace to a standard where they can compete with the rest of the world, introducing Arabic is their main headache right now

Chai! Na real wa. Really amazing.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by ivolt: 2:15pm On Jun 16, 2017
ollah1:

When I read this i laugh. Ohh, Islam is the cause of terror in the world. Whats the cause of terror in Libya, Afganistan, Iraq, Syria et al. ? Who ruined this countries? Christians did and they have done far worse things.

You are right, given that many muslims are self-confessed zombies who lacks brain to think
for themselves and they prefer to kill themselves in order to satisfy christians.
What a smart set of people!

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 16, 2017
ollah1:

So only the guy has suffered it. The same CAN that lied that IRK is brought back but CRK isn't. You chose to believe what you wanted
I didn't believe what I wanted but the fact available which was coercion. The best they can do is to remove both studies from the school curriculum (irk and crk). There better languages to learn not Arabic

1 Like

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by DUMCHRIS(m): 2:20pm On Jun 16, 2017
Kyase:
so much hate for the president, why?

Stop playing blind eye to injustice. So Christians should not raise alarm again only Muslims should talk trash and it will be accepted. That is injustice it is either u do Christian religious studies or Islamic studies as the case may be or French/Arabic/ Greek or Hebrew take one that's fair play not just making one compulsory over anoda. If Christian religious studies is made mandatory for all Nigerians will the Muslims not protest and u will be shouting is not fair but for Christian u expect them to be quiet. No na

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by praxisnetworks: 2:20pm On Jun 16, 2017
authority2006:

So, you really believe that there is something like Islamic Arabic Studies? Two adjectives? CAN has really messed up your brain.
absymal failed entity
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Xtfield(m): 2:22pm On Jun 16, 2017
OZAOEKPE:

Why introduce Arabic when you know its a secular country.... You need to open your eyes and see that these people are pursuing their demonic agenda to sell this country to their moon god
Arabic is a language in the same mould as English, French, German, Hebrew, Chinese, Japanese, Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Ebira, Twi, Efik, and so on. Arabic language is not the same as Islamic Studies. It is not a new subject in the curriculum. It has always been there. It's just more popular in the North than the South. The Christian leaders are just playing on the ignorance and gullibility of the average Southern Christian.
That the Koran was written in Arabic does not make it an Islamic language. Arabic is the language of Arabs. The Bible that many of us are used to is written in English Language. Will it be right for anyone to advocate the scrapping of the study of English Language in Nigeria because it is a Christian Language? Let leaders understand that they are accountable to God and so shun all forms of sensationalism.
Now coming to the new syllabus, it is called Religion and National Values. The syllabus is designed in such a way that it fuses Religious studies with Social Studies, Civics and Security Education into one. The syllabus has a Christian Religious Studies option for Christians and Islamic Religious Studies option for Moslems. So I find it hard to comprehend the objection of the Christian leaders.
Now before you crucify me, let me clearly say that I am a Christian, of the Pentecostal fold. I own and run a school so I am very conversant with the syllabus and I do not see anything wrong with it.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by makoota: 2:29pm On Jun 16, 2017
I have been wondering why this people always cause trouble wherever they are. I thought they said that they preach peace. What has CRK got to do with the curriculum. Why placing as an option in the first place. Will it change to good the worst education era we are still experiencing in the present times.
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by ephi321(f): 2:30pm On Jun 16, 2017
Xtfield:

Arabic is a language in the same mould as English, French, German, Hebrew, Chinese, Japanese, Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Ebira, Twi, Efik, and so on. Arabic language is not the same as Islamic Studies. It is not a new subject in the curriculum. It has always been there. It's just more popular in the North than the South. The Christian leaders are just playing on the ignorance and gullibility of the average Southern Christian.
That the Koran was written in Arabic does not make it an Islamic language. Arabic is the language of Arabs. The Bible that many of us are used to is written in English Language. Will it be right for anyone to advocate the scrapping of the study of English Language in Nigeria because it is a Christian Language? Let leaders understand that they are accountable to God and so shun all forms of sensationalism.
Now coming to the new syllabus, it is called Religion and National Values. The syllabus is designed in such a way that it fuses Religious studies with Social Studies, Civics and Security Education into one. The syllabus has a Christian Religious Studies option for Christians and Islamic Religious Studies option for Moslems. So I find it hard to comprehend the objection of the Christian leaders.
Now before you crucify me, let me clearly say that I am a Christian, of the Pentecostal fold. I own and run a school so I am very conversant with the syllabus and I do not see anything wrong with it.

I know you are trying to be politically correct here, but it so happens that the countries that have Arabic as their lingua franca are all Islamic countries. You cannot say the same for English, French or German. It certainly cannot be considered a religion-neutral language.

Reference:

Arabic (Arabic: العَرَبِيَّة‎‎, al-ʻarabiyyah [ʔalʕaraˈbij.ja]) is a Central Semitic language complex that first emerged in Iron Age northwestern Arabia and is now the lingua franca of the Arab world. It is named after the Arabs, a term initially used to describe peoples living from Mesopotamia in the east to the Anti-Lebanon mountains in the west, in northwestern Arabia, and in the Sinai peninsula.

Algeria (Arabic: الجزائر‎‎ al-Jazāʾir) (Tamazight is the other official language (minority), French is used in education, daily life and business)
Bahrain (Arabic: البحرين‎‎ al-Baḥrayn)
Comoros (Arabic: جزر القمر‎‎ Juzur al-Qamar) (Comorian and French are the other official languages)
Djibouti (Arabic: جيبوتي‎‎ Djībūtī) (French is the other official language)
Egypt (Arabic: مصر‎‎ Miṣr)
Iraq (Arabic: العراق‎‎ al-ʿIrāq) (Kurdish is the other official language (minority))
Jordan (Arabic: الأردن‎‎ al-ʾUrdun)
Kuwait (Arabic: الكويت‎‎ al-Kuwayt)
Lebanon (Arabic: لبنان‎‎ Lubnān) (French has a special status)
Libya (Arabic: ليبيا‎‎ Lībyā)
Mauritania (Arabic: موريتانيا‎‎ Mōrītānyā)
Morocco (Arabic: المغرب‎‎ al-Maġrib) (Tamazight is the other official language (minority), French is used in education, daily life and business)
Oman (Arabic: عمان‎‎ ʿUmān)
Palestine (Arabic: فلسطين‎‎ Filasṭīn)
Qatar (Arabic: قطر‎‎ Qaṭar)
Saudi Arabia (Arabic: المملكة العربية السعودية‎‎ al-Mammlaka al-ʿArabiyyah as-Saʿūdiyyah)
Somalia (Arabic: الصومال‎‎ aṣ-Ṣūmāl) (Somali is the other official language)
Sudan (Arabic: السودان‎‎ as-Sūdān) (English is the other official language (minority))
Syria (Arabic: سوريا‎‎ Sūryā)
Tunisia (Arabic: تونس‎‎ Tūnis) (French is used in education, daily life and business)
United Arab Emirates (Arabic: الإمارات العربيّة المتّحدة‎‎ al-ʾImārāt al-ʿArabiyyah al-Muttaḥidah)
Yemen (Arabic: اليمن‎‎ al-Yaman)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by chngebeginwthme: 2:30pm On Jun 16, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
It can only happen in the North and SW because there will be no Islamic teachers in SE/SS.

Buhari evil plans has failed. He ll not return to continue his evils

So many comments need to be thrash, CRK have been taught in our school right from primary did anyone make noise about that?

CAN are useless like i said, So CRK are not in our Curriculum?

1 Like

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 16, 2017
asuustrike2009:

I didn't believe what I wanted but the fact available which was coercion. The best they can do is to remove both studies from the school curriculum (irk and crk). There better languages to learn not Arabic

Irk and crk aren't in the curriculum anymore. What are the other languages better than Arabic? Why do you have a problem with the Arabic language? Why do you consider those languages better han Arabic?
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by chngebeginwthme: 2:30pm On Jun 16, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
A divisive President that caled me 5%?

#NotMyPresident

And are you not 5%?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

University Of Jos Dismissed 5 Students Also Publicized Their Photos / FGGC Students Oyo Mourn The Death Of Their 4 Colleagues Crushed By A Truck / Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.