Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo (35779 Views)

Zamfara Includes Fulfulde (Fulani) Language In Curriculum / Reps Tell Education Ministry To Separate CRS From IRS In Curriculum / Relevant Of M.sc In Curriculum And Instructions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 16, 2017
Omoluabi16:
oga I can't shout abeg. England colonised us, so we speak English. English is a foreign language to me just as it is to you, not Christian language. speak your local dialect if you hate the language. arabic has no importance to Nigeria generally.

About fridays and sundays your context of free is not discriminatory, no? no hindrances in your worship, and on sunday as I observed recently, mosques hold services. You know this is not an issue, so stop trying to use it as a yardstick for islamic coloration of every damn thing.

It's not an issue since Friday iamt free. If Sunday was a working day and Friday is free, would you say it's a non issue? Wouldn't CAN say they are tryna "Islamise "Nigeria?

If Arabic has no importance then why propose German, Spanish, French et al
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by austinvsb1(m): 4:33pm On Jun 16, 2017
Omoluabi16:
oga I can't shout abeg. England colonised us, so we speak English. English is a foreign language to me just as it is to you, not Christian language. speak your local dialect if you hate the language. arabic has no importance to Nigeria generally.

About fridays and sundays your context of free is not discriminatory, no? no hindrances in your worship, and on sunday as I observed recently, mosques hold services. You know this is not an issue, so stop trying to use it as a yardstick for islamic coloration of every damn thing.
Oodua agbe e omoluabi

1 Like

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Lightening: 4:33pm On Jun 16, 2017
HAH:
So Arabic is islamic studies according to CAN? There are Arab Christians if they don't know and Arabic is the 3rd most spoken language in Africa after English and French

Well said. And studying Arabic in Nigeria schools will transform Nigeria to top 10 world economies. Abi?
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 16, 2017
ephi321:

I can't stand lies

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/pupils-across-england-start-intensive-lessons-in-mandarin

Also FYI - Arabic is widely spoken in ISLAMIC countries. Don't use a blanket of "more countries" to cover it!

What are the counties that speaks Chinese? You posted a link talking about just England, so just one country is western to you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by LionDeLeo: 4:36pm On Jun 16, 2017
mmsen:

Which religion promotes nudity? And why does that bother you more than poverty? Food insecurity and illiteracy?

Which religion promotes drug trafficking and prostitution?

Which religion promotes human sacrifice?

And which religion makes reference to 419?

You don't understand the purpose of education because you are al-majiri. That is not your fault but a serious failing of the society which spawned you and many unfortunate souls just like you, many of whom cannot even write their own names.

What is the religion of 95% prostitutes?

What is the religion of 98% armed robbers?

What is the religion of 98% drug and human traffickers?

What is the religion of 95% human ritualists?

What is the religion of 98% kidnappers?

What is the religion of 98% unclad ladies on the streets?

Hehehe, shifting to almajiri card?

I have been almajiri and will always be, any problem about that?

Education is not about throwing tantrums, it is actually about avoiding them, get yourself good education and stop calling names that are far from being consequential.

Gerrout.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by LionDeLeo: 4:41pm On Jun 16, 2017
austinvsb1:

Hence this outrage! Islam was introduced into the curriculum by the ministry of education. No christain body can decide to introduce a Christian related study except the ministry. Whatever is good for the goose is good for the gander!

Stop lying and tell us which christian related studies has ever been proposed by Christians and got rejected.

All these inconsequential ranting wouldn't stop the teaching of Arabic to muslim students.

If you are pained, introduce any study of your choice to your students, entirely your choice, no one is against that but you can't stop the Arabic because it is entirely none of your biz.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by mmsen: 4:41pm On Jun 16, 2017
LionDeLeo:

What is the religion of 95% prostitutes?

What is the religion of 98% armed robbers?

What is the religion of 98% drug and human traffickers?

What is the religion of 95% human ritualists?

What is the religion of 98% kidnappers?

What is the religion of 98% unclad ladies on the streets?

Hehehe, shifting to almajiri card?

I have been almajiri and will always be, any problem about that?

Education is not about throwing tantrums, it is actually about avoiding them, get yourself good education and stop calling names that are far from being consequential.

Gerrout.

You still do not understand the purpose of education and you very stupidly assume that I am a xtian.

Islam and xtianity have no business in schools.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by LionDeLeo: 4:45pm On Jun 16, 2017
mmsen:

You still do not understand the purpose of religion and you very stupidly assume that I am a xtian.

Islam and xtianity have no business in schools.

I don't give a damn about whatever religion you belong to but I'm a muslim and will like my fellow muslims to learn Arabic, this is entirely my business because that is what parents or guardians paid for.

If you are religionless, stay off religious matters.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by 9inches(m): 4:47pm On Jun 16, 2017
ollah1:

You guys were proposing German, Japanese et al. Arabic is quite on top. Moreso, you are confusing yourself cos that chart is about population. Chinese is on top cos of it's population, how many countries speaks Chinese ? How many speaks Hindi? Don't be blinded with sentiments

My previous post
9inches:

Chinese, Spanish, Hindi are more widely spoken than Arabic.

Better languages to be taught:
1. Chinese - because China is an emerging world power and I'm sure you encounter more Chinese here in Nigeria and around the world doing businesses than Arabs.

2. French - because Nigeria is part of ECOWAS

3. German - loads of them doing big businesses in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by somehow: 4:49pm On Jun 16, 2017
Does the word "islamic arabic studies" make sense to you? is there anything like that? ever heard of anything called Christian Hebrew studies? (Funny enough, Hebrew is a language spoken by Jews who aren't even Christians, they practice Judaism and don't believe in the Christian Jesus.
austinvsb1:

Except this is not arabic studies. Its islamic arabic studies. Christain Hebrew studies should as well be introduced as a course
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by ephi321(f): 4:51pm On Jun 16, 2017
ollah1:

What are the counties that speaks Chinese? You posted a link talking about just England, so just one country is western to you?

I can see your trade in stock is telling lies upandan. Is England western or not?!

More reason literacy should be a key priority for the North!

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Omoluabi16(m): 4:52pm On Jun 16, 2017
austinvsb1:

Oodua agbe e omoluabi
oooooo. Amin
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 16, 2017
9inches:

My previous post

And I posted that Nigeria do business with UAE. Infact, they are one of the top exporter to Nigeria. Also, they struck a deal with Lagos. You guys must have totally ignored that since it's Arabic and an Arab country
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by LionDeLeo: 4:54pm On Jun 16, 2017
austinvsb1:

Hence this outrage! Islam was introduced into the curriculum by the ministry of education. No christain body can decide to introduce a Christian related study except the ministry. Whatever is good for the goose is good for the gander!

Is it not more appropriate you tell us when christians ever attempted introducing any christian related studies through the ministry of education and it got rejected?

What is it with all these lies just to stop muslims from getting to study the language of their choice?

If the languages are of no value, is it you it will not be of any value? Which kind wahala be dis na?

1 Like

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by ephi321(f): 4:56pm On Jun 16, 2017
Despite the "usual" group of people defending this, the point has been made that Nigeria is NOT an Islamic country and will NEVER be one, no matter how hard you guys try.

And please address the issue of Boko haram while you guys are at it. Enough of indoctrination and widespread illiteracy. It's a terrible combo.

Eod.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by mmsen: 4:57pm On Jun 16, 2017
LionDeLeo:

I don't give a damn about whatever religion you belong to but I'm a muslim and will like my fellow muslims to learn Arabic, this is entirely my business because that is what parents or guardians paid for.

If you are religionless, stay off religious matters.

Lol, you live in Africa but are advocating for Arabic. You dey craze.

The global language for business is English (even in the Middle East) and yet you want children to learn the language of a deranged Arab pedophile instead of spending time learning the universal languages of mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology or computer science.

You are lost.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Meritocracy: 4:57pm On Jun 16, 2017
Kyase:
but im confuse, is there no Christain studies in our secular?
Islam is not like any other other religion, you need to learn how to do everything from the scratch unlike Christianity when you can go to theology school anytime and become pastor and start misleading people.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 16, 2017
mmsen:

The global language for business is English (even in the Middle East and yet you want children to learn the language of a [b]deranged Arab pedophile i[/b]nstead of spending time learning the universal languages of mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology or computer science.

You are lost.

I'm sure you wrote this cos you don't know there are Christian Arabs
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by LionDeLeo: 5:02pm On Jun 16, 2017
mmsen:

The global language for business is English (even in the Middle East and yet you want children to learn the language of a deranged Arab pedophile instead of spending time learning the universal languages of mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology or computer science.

You are lost.

There he goes with the tantrums our educated ones are known for.

And your bigoted mind was duly informed that English was removed from the syllabus, right?

These are the common symptoms of illiteracy and ignorance, once logic fails, the only way out is tantrums.

Too much for our "educated blodas".

Small fry, ride on.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 16, 2017
ephi321:

I can see your trade in stock is telling lies upandan. Is England western or not?!

More reason literacy should be a key priority for the North!

I said "western countries" . The keypoint here is in quotes. If I wanted to say England, i would have said it. Perhaps, you don't know how to identify a lie. You simply don't know basic comprehension
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by ephi321(f): 5:03pm On Jun 16, 2017
ollah1:

I said "western countries" . The keypoint here is in quotes. If I wanted to say England, i would have said it. Perhaps, you don't know how to identify a lie. You simply don't know basic comprehension

I'm done with you. Go and teach your fellow brothers comprehension and literacy, they need it.
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Sagay212: 5:03pm On Jun 16, 2017
I don't understand ooo. I did CRK( Christian Religious Knowledge) in govt college secondary sch back in 1993/1994 and I remember that muslims did their IRK as well.

I am not understanding the Islamic studies they are now introducing or reintroducing again. We have very stupid and senseless leaders in this country. Instead of focusing on the economy they are talking about Islamic studies. Who Islamic studies help?

1 Like

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by talk2emma: 5:04pm On Jun 16, 2017
Y not divide the zoo so that everybody will go and teach whatever the want
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by mmsen: 5:05pm On Jun 16, 2017
ollah1:

I'm sure you wrote this cos you don't know there are Christian Arabs

That has nothing to do with an African prioritizing learning Arabic over and above everything else.

What good has reciting nonsense in Arabic done for the millions of northern poor?

1 Like

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Sagay212: 5:10pm On Jun 16, 2017
Meritocracy:
Islam is not like any other other religion, you need to learn how to do everything from the scratch unlike Christianity when you can go to theology school anytime and become pastor and start misleading people.

Why should anybody with a functioning brain learn a foreign language to be able to pray to God? You claim God is all knowing and understands every language, yet you must learn Arabic to become a Muslim. Most of you actually just curse yourselves because I am.very sure ya'll don't pronounce and recite some prayers in Arabic correctly. I think a lot of africans don't use their brain, if not they would understand that they can pray in their native language and don't have to spend money learning Arabic to pray to God. That's like the most stupid thing anybody can ever do.
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by LionDeLeo: 5:11pm On Jun 16, 2017
mmsen:

That has nothing to do with an African prioritizing learning Arabic over and above everything else.

What good has reciting nonsense in Arabic done for the millions of northern poor?

The rant of an inconsequential illiterate cannot stop Arabic from being taught to muslim students.

At least it is the north that is poor and you are rich, why is the pain more on you?

Small fry, face your riches and leave the poor north.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 16, 2017
mmsen:

You comment reeks of incoherence. How has Arabic been prioritised than other languages? The North don't recite Arabic , they only do so in learning Quran and praying. If by nonsese , you mean the Quran. Then you are brain dead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by mmsen: 5:19pm On Jun 16, 2017
LionDeLeo:

The rant of an inconsequential illiterate cannot stop Arabic from being taught to muslim students.

At least it is the north that is poor and you are rich, why is the pain more on you?

Small fry, face your riches and leave the poor north.

The reason why you have no issue with the level of poverty in the north is because you have no humanity, decency or conscience.

Nor are you rational, if you were you would understand that the poverty in the north is why the issue with Boko Haram came about and why the northern masses are so prone to senseless violence in the form of pogroms.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by LionDeLeo: 5:24pm On Jun 16, 2017
mmsen:

The reason why you have no issue with the level of poverty in the north is because you have no humanity, decency or conscience.

Nor are you rational, if you were you would understand that the poverty in the north is why the issue with Boko Haram came about and why the northern masses are so prone to senseless violence in the form of pogroms.

The reason you also don't have issues with the poverty in the south is actually because you lack the milk of human kindness.

What do you think is the reason behind the prevalence of human and drug trafficking, human rituals, prostitution, kidnapping, robbery, 419 and all those poverty related crimes?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by 9inches(m): 5:24pm On Jun 16, 2017
ollah1:

And I posted that Nigeria do business with UAE. Infact, they are one of the top exporter to Nigeria. Also, they struck a deal with Lagos. You guys must have totally ignored that since it's Arabic and an Arab country

Don't be deceived, apart from their govt, most of the people we do business with in the UAE are non-emiratis.

1. Chinese - because China is an emerging world power and I'm sure you encounter more Chinese here in Nigeria and around the world doing businesses than Arabs.

Just for you: cool
4. Arabic - because "Nigeria do business with UAE. Infact, they are one of the top exporter to Nigeria. Also, they struck a deal with Lagos."

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by mmsen: 5:29pm On Jun 16, 2017
LionDeLeo:

The reason you also don't have issues with the poverty in the south is actually because you lack the milk of human kindness.

What do you think is the reason behind the prevalence of human and drug trafficking, human rituals, prostitution, kidnapping, robbery, 419 and all those poverty related crimes?

Where did I excuse poverty in the south?

Why can't you think in a straight line?

Why are you so irrational?

1 Like

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jun 16, 2017
9inches:

Don't be deceived, apart from their govt, most of the people we do business with in the UAE are non-emiratis.

Just for you: cool
4. Arabic - because "Nigeria do business with UAE. Infact, they are one of the top exporter to Nigeria. Also, they struck a deal with Lagos."

You asked a question and i answered you accordingly

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 / OAU Loses Accreditation For Law, Dentistry, Botany And Medical Rehabilitation / Abati Emmanuel Tosanwumi Graduates With 2 Degrees From Canada University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.