Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo (35792 Views)

Zamfara Includes Fulfulde (Fulani) Language In Curriculum / Reps Tell Education Ministry To Separate CRS From IRS In Curriculum / Relevant Of M.sc In Curriculum And Instructions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Zeddicuz(m): 2:50pm On Jun 16, 2017
me69:
Islam will dominate the world it is already prophesied. CAN you cannot put barriers on Muslims to learn their religion just as Muslims do not put barriers on your faith.

yes,just d way islam dominates d war torn middle east,and north africa,. d truth is Islam is synonymous with anything evil,sinister,barbaric,and extreme.Its a curse on this planet.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 16, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Chinese is one of such. That's why Fashola try to make it compulsory for public schools.
Modified
Japanese, Spanish, German languages

Why are these languages of more economic values than Arabic?
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Xtfield(m): 2:55pm On Jun 16, 2017
ephi321:

I guess you did not read the article.. else you would have seen that when there are no CRK and French teachers (which occurs a lot since French teachers are also few), then students have no option but to do IRK, which is not right. No student should be made to study such if they don't want to.
I read the article and the article just shows the position of CAN. I don't have to follow CAN because I have the curriculum in my office and I know what it says which is quite different from the wrong information that CAN is circulating. I am a teacher, a school proprietor. Except for if anyone misinterprets the curriculum, neither French nor Arabic is compulsory. The curriculum says you must study one local language and one international language. You have fulfilled the requirement if you study English so no one will force yo to study Arabic. Having said that, my question is, "What is wrong in studying Arabic Language?" Oh! Because the Koran is written in Arabic? So If I can speak Arabic, it automatically makes me a moslem? I pity people who reason like this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 16, 2017
ollah1:

Why are these languages of more economic values than Arabic?
They're of economic value to us because of business tie.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 16, 2017
Zeddicuz:

yes,just d way islam dominates d war torn middle east,and north africa,. d truth is Islam is synonymous with anything evil,sinister,barbaric,and extreme.Its a curse on this planet.

If Islam is synonymous is the aforelisted atrocities, you should be dead. Moreso, the war torn middle east countries and Libya was ruined by the west and yes, they are Christians .

I wouldn't say Christianity is synonymous with all these absurb things cos I'm learned and won't you the crimes of a selected few to judge a whole faith.

That's the difference between me and you

Shalom!
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by ivolt: 2:55pm On Jun 16, 2017
ollah1:

"Many Muslims"? You see how dumb you are.

This is what you posted:
Whats the cause of terror in Libya, Afganistan, Iraq, Syria et al. ? Who ruined this countries? Christians did and they have done far worse things
Why are you angry that I repeated your statement ?

You literally claimed that "we are so dumb that christians are making us kill ourselves and
ruining our country.

Given that many muslims share your sentiment that Islamic terrorist are being controlled by
christians meaning muslims are zombies who can't think for themselves except some christians
tell them what to do.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by ephi321(f): 2:56pm On Jun 16, 2017
Xtfield:
I read the article and the article just shows the position of CAN. I don't have to follow CAN because I have the curriculum in my office and I know what it says which is quite different from the wrong information that CAN is circulating. I am a teacher, a school proprietor. Except for if anyone misinterprets the curriculum, neither French nor Arabic is compulsory. The curriculum says you must study one local language and one international language. You have fulfilled the requirement if you study English so no one will force yo to study Arabic. Having said that, my question is, "What is wrong in studying Arabic Language?" Oh! Because the Koran is written in Arabic? So If I can speak Arabic, it automatically makes me a moslem? I pity people who reason like this.

No one is asking you to follow CAN. It's a free world.

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by mukhcech(m): 2:56pm On Jun 16, 2017
OZAOEKPE:

Arabic bro not Islamic studies they want to make is compulsory for all students

Like french abi, Same as in english. Then Arabic. They are all language which are important to many people in Nigeria. Now tell me. Are you mad?
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jun 16, 2017
asuustrike2009:

They're of economic value to us because of business tie.

You guys are just pained dudes. What business ties do you have with them that correlates with their languages?

German
Spanish
Chinese
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by ephi321(f): 2:59pm On Jun 16, 2017
ollah1:

You guys are just pained dudes. What business ties do you have with them that correlates with their languages?

German
Spanish
Chinese

There are many German companies in Nigeria particularly in the construction sector. There is an existing partnership already.

Nigerians import a large chunk of items from China, not to mention the loans they are constantly begging China for.

What do we import or benefit from Saudi Arabia or any Arabic country (besides dates in reference to an earlier thread today).

4 Likes

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 16, 2017
ivolt:

This is what you posted:

Why are you angry that I repeated your statement ?

You literally claimed that "we are so dumb that christians are making us kill ourselves and
ruining our country.

Given that many muslims share your sentiment that Islamic terrorist are being controlled by
christians meaning muslims are zombies who can't think for themselves except some christians
tell them what to do.

In your mind you are smart by tagging the Muslim terrorist but Chrisitans aren't .
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 16, 2017
ollah1:

German
Spanish
Chinese
So the Yuan swap deal your president go do wen non get head or the large number of imported materials from China.smh

1 Like

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 16, 2017
ephi321:

There are many German companies in Nigeria particularly in the construction sector. There is an existing partnership already.

Nigerians import a large chunk of items from China, not to mention the loans they are constantly begging China for.

What do we import or benefit from Saudi Arabia or any Arabic country (besides dates in reference to an earlier thread today).

Every country imports from China. Didnt Lagos sign a deal with UAE sometime ago? I'm wondering why you said no word about Spanish language.
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 16, 2017
asuustrike2009:

So the Yuan swap deal your president go do wen non get head or the large number of imported materials from China.smh

Weren't you part of those that called it a scam?
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by ephi321(f): 3:09pm On Jun 16, 2017
ollah1:

Every country imports from China. Didnt Lagos sign a deal with UAE sometime ago? I'm wondering why you said no word about Spanish language.

But you were earlier claiming there was no economic benefit na, now it is "every country imports from China" undecided

I am not going to waste my time this afternoon doing back and forth with a dogmatic person. The point has been made, which is that IRK has no place in being a compulsory option in this country's educational system. Eod.

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by 9inches(m): 3:14pm On Jun 16, 2017
ollah1:

Irk and crk aren't in the curriculum anymore. What are the other languages better than Arabic? Why do you have a problem with the Arabic language? Why do you consider those languages better han Arabic?

Chinese, Spanish, Hindi are more widely spoken than Arabic.

Better languages to be taught:
1. Chinese - because China is an emerging world power and I'm sure you encounter more Chinese here in Nigeria and around the world doing businesses than Arabs.

2. French - because Nigeria is part of ECOWAS

3. German - loads of them doing big businesses in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 16, 2017
ephi321:

But you were earlier claiming there was no economic benefit na, now it is "every country imports from China" undecided

I am not going to waste my time this afternoon doing back and forth with a dogmatic person. The point has been made, which is that IRK has no place in being a compulsory option in this country's educational system. Eod.

Where in my comment did i say there isn't any economic importance. You guys are just this simply cos it s Arabic, do you know how much imports Nigeria make from UAE? You are calling someone a dogmatic person yet you aren't countering him with a superior argument. Morso, IRK isn't in the curriculum. Learn to read and comprehend .
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 16, 2017
The compulsory study of Islamic Studies in our secondary schools is a step towards islamizing our great Nation Nigeria and would only breed more and more terrorists in the making.

No way! God will scatter all their evil plans against this nation.
The Bible says surely they will gather but He "Olowogbogboro"will scatter them all.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by ephi321(f): 3:16pm On Jun 16, 2017
ollah1:

Where in my comment did i say there isn't any economic importance. You guys are just this simply cos it s Arabic, do you know how much imports Nigeria make from UAE? You are calling someone a dogmatic person yet you aren't countering him with a superior argument. Morso, IRK isn't in the curriculum. Learn to read and comprehend .

If you can't relate your comment about business ties to economic benefit, then the situation is even worse than I thought.

This is my last reply to you. It's your headache if you want to argue it all day. #WeSayNoToCompulsoryIRK. End of story.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by ephi321(f): 3:17pm On Jun 16, 2017
laraoge:
The compulsory study of Islamic Studies in our secondary schools is a step towards islamizing our great Nation Nigeria and would only breed more and more terrorists in the making.

The Bible says surely they will gather but He "Olowogbogboro"will scatter them all.

In a country still battling Boko haram as we speak, this should be the least of their priorities. Indoctrination in multiple shades. Smh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Omoluabi16(m): 3:17pm On Jun 16, 2017
Xtfield:

] Sir, you are being a PC guy. we're talking of equality here and no discrimination. we're a member of OIC, we have islamic banking, a constitution filled with Islamic doctrines. Has it killed me a Christian? no. Does it make it okay? no. Are there potential consequences for this little things you choose to overlook? Yes. For the sake of equality and fairness these things shouldn't be. Oh you think it's out of love for this kids? I wonder how Islamic nigeria would react if the nigerian army had a hebrew/Jewish inscription on their uniform.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 16, 2017
9inches:

Chinese, Spanish, Hindi are more widely spoken than Arabic.

Better languages to be taught:
Chinese - because China is an emerging world power and I'm sure you encounter more Chinese here in Nigeria and around the world doing businesses than Arabs.

French - because Nigeria is part of ECOWAS

Can you prove your first paragraph
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by AnanseK(m): 3:19pm On Jun 16, 2017
OZAOEKPE:

Arabic bro not Islamic studies they want to make is compulsory for all students

There is nothing called Islamic Arabic studies but among the languages to choose there is Arabic , French, hausa, Yoruba and Igbo. The envious and mischievous CAN are now insisting that nobody should study Arabic and they are calling the language study as Islamic arabic. Most of Lebanon and large proportion of Palestine and Egypt are Christians but they are also arabs with arabic as their first language and their bible and church services are in arabic. Don't allow these ignorant trouble makers to confuse you.
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 16, 2017
ollah1:

Weren't you part of those that called it a scam?
Yes it's a huge scam. Now my turn to ask the questions? Why do you think Arabic should be taught in schools

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 16, 2017
Omoluabi16:

] Sir, you are being a PC guy. we're talking of equality here and no discrimination. we're a member of OIC, we have islamic banking, a constitution filled with Islamic doctrines. Has it killed me a Christian? no. Does it make it okay? no. Are there potential consequences for this little things you choose to overlook? Yes. For the sake of equality and fairness these things shouldn't be. Oh you think it's out of love for this kids? I wonder how Islamic nigeria would react if the nigerian army had a hebrew/Jewish inscription on their uniform.

By your logic, Fridays should be removed as a working day. Suits shouldn't be work anymore and English shouldn't be spoken as official language . After all, we want "fairness"

1 Like

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by AnanseK(m): 3:21pm On Jun 16, 2017
laraoge:

There is nothing called Islamic Arabic studies but among the languages to choose there is Arabic , French, hausa, Yoruba and Igbo. The envious and mischievous CAN are now insisting that nobody should study Arabic and they are calling the language study as Islamic arabic. Most of Lebanon and large proportion of Palestine and Egypt are Christians but they are also arabs with arabic as their first language and their bible and church se
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 16, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Yes it's a huge scam. Now my turn to ask the questions? Why do you think Arabic should be taught in schools

Why make mention of it then? Tryna score a cheap point? UAE is among the top import location for Nigeria ? Now, why shouldn't Arabic be taught in schools ?
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Alfranco(m): 3:27pm On Jun 16, 2017
feelgoodInc:

how can you go through my comments without reading the thread? majority in the school learn IRK and a student says he's not offering IRK, because he's a Christian, then guess what happened?

please don't quote me again read the thread, or ask the person that posted it
Students do a subject and don't offer it. However, the rationale for our curriculum to offer Arabic language for student isn't all bad except that it is the language of most Islamic countries and Nigeria being a religious country with two major religions of Christianity and Islam, adherents of the former might rightly kick that Hebrew, for instance, isn't included to balance the 'equation'. But we are surrounded by Francophone countries. French should have been left as the only option for equity. Just my opinion.
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by MARKETfund: 3:28pm On Jun 16, 2017
baylord101:
Na wa oo, CAN is always complaining, Probably it's for those religion bigostic in the SE and Core North because I could remember my days back in secondary School, we divide the class to two for IRS/CRS class.

Back then in Umunneochi in Abia state, any time we are preparing for solat passerby will open their mouth and locked their leg just to witness what we are doing and I blame them not because it's only Christianity they were exposed to unlike in Southwest where you will see both sleeping in the same room.

That's my Local govt.
Hope you enjoyed your service there?

Lol @ the blue coloured
You'v said it all, not our fault
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by 9inches(m): 3:28pm On Jun 16, 2017

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today / FGGC Students Oyo Mourn The Death Of Their 4 Colleagues Crushed By A Truck / University Of Jos Dismissed 5 Students Also Publicized Their Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.