Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo (35795 Views)

Zamfara Includes Fulfulde (Fulani) Language In Curriculum / Reps Tell Education Ministry To Separate CRS From IRS In Curriculum / Relevant Of M.sc In Curriculum And Instructions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by feelgoodInc: 2:32pm On Jun 16, 2017
ollah1:

Don't be gullible. You are a literate. Arabic and French are languages while CRK isn't. Going by your comment, I can conclude this is a Christianization agenda cos only CRK is being taught .

how can you go through my comments without reading the thread? majority in the school learn IRK and a student says he's not offering IRK, because he's a Christian, then guess what happened?

please don't quote me again read the thread, or ask the person that posted it

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Yomiwayne80(m): 2:32pm On Jun 16, 2017
HAH:
So Arabic is islamic studies according to CAN? There are Arab Christians if they don't know and Arabic is the 3rd most spoken language in Africa after English and French

Arabic is the most spoken language in African
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 16, 2017
ivolt:

You are right, given that many muslims are self-confessed zombies who lacks brain to think
for themselves and they prefer to kill themselves in order to satisfy christians.
What a smart set of people!

"Many Muslims"? You see how dumb you are.
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 16, 2017
feelgoodInc:

how can you go through my comments without reading the thread? majority in the school learn IRK and a student says he's not offering IRK, because he's a Christian, then guess what happened?

please don't quote me again read the thread, or ask the person that posted it

Use your head Mr. Irk and Crk have been removed from the curriculum. Arabic is only introduced. CAN lied and you believed them hook, line and sinker
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by feelgoodInc: 2:34pm On Jun 16, 2017
ollah1:

Don't be gullible. You are a literate. Arabic and French are languages while CRK isn't. Going by your comment, I can conclude this is a Christianization agenda cos only CRK is being taught .
it was IRK I meant to say
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by olasaad(f): 2:34pm On Jun 16, 2017
OZAOEKPE:

Why introduce Arabic when you know its a secular country.... You need to open your eyes and see that these people are pursuing their demonic agenda to sell this country to their moon god

The curriculum state that a student is entitled to one native language which is Hausa/Igbo/Yoruba and one international language which is French/Arabic. Some students did French why some did Arabic.

When I was even in secondary school, I choose French because I always thought French is easy than Arabic and nobody cares. So that is to tell you that Arabic is a language, international language just like French so its clearly difference from IRS which is religion same as CRS.
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by chngebeginwthme: 2:35pm On Jun 16, 2017
Terkimbi01:
I hate this country.
Dalm!!!!

Then relocate to Gambia abi who is forcing you to be part of the country?
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by chngebeginwthme: 2:36pm On Jun 16, 2017
OZAOEKPE:

Why introduce Arabic when you know its a secular country.... You need to open your eyes and see that these people are pursuing their demonic agenda to sell this country to their moon god

is there no CRK in our curriculum?
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Xtfield(m): 2:36pm On Jun 16, 2017
ephi321:

I know you are trying to be politically correct here, but it so happens that majority of the countries that have Arabic as their lingua franca are all Islamic countries. You cannot say the same for English, French or German. It certainly cannot be considered a religion-neutral language.

Reference:

Arabic (Arabic: العَرَبِيَّة‎‎, al-ʻarabiyyah [ʔalʕaraˈbij.ja]) is a Central Semitic language complex that first emerged in Iron Age northwestern Arabia and is now the lingua franca of the Arab world. It is named after the Arabs, a term initially used to describe peoples living from Mesopotamia in the east to the Anti-Lebanon mountains in the west, in northwestern Arabia, and in the Sinai peninsula.
Algeria (Arabic: الجزائر‎‎ al-Jazāʾir) (Tamazight is the other official language (minority), French is used in education, daily life and business)
Bahrain (Arabic: البحرين‎‎ al-Baḥrayn)
Comoros (Arabic: جزر القمر‎‎ Juzur al-Qamar) (Comorian and French are the other official languages)
Djibouti (Arabic: جيبوتي‎‎ Djībūtī) (French is the other official language)
Egypt (Arabic: مصر‎‎ Miṣr)
Iraq (Arabic: العراق‎‎ al-ʿIrāq) (Kurdish is the other official language (minority))
Jordan (Arabic: الأردن‎‎ al-ʾUrdun)
Kuwait (Arabic: الكويت‎‎ al-Kuwayt)
Lebanon (Arabic: لبنان‎‎ Lubnān) (French has a special status)
Libya (Arabic: ليبيا‎‎ Lībyā)
Mauritania (Arabic: موريتانيا‎‎ Mōrītānyā)
Morocco (Arabic: المغرب‎‎ al-Maġrib) (Tamazight is the other official language (minority), French is used in education, daily life and business)
Oman (Arabic: عمان‎‎ ʿUmān)
Palestine (Arabic: فلسطين‎‎ Filasṭīn)
Qatar (Arabic: قطر‎‎ Qaṭar)
Saudi Arabia (Arabic: المملكة العربية السعودية‎‎ al-Mammlaka al-ʿArabiyyah as-Saʿūdiyyah)
Somalia (Arabic: الصومال‎‎ aṣ-Ṣūmāl) (Somali is the other official language)
Sudan (Arabic: السودان‎‎ as-Sūdān) (English is the other official language (minority))
Syria (Arabic: سوريا‎‎ Sūryā)
Tunisia (Arabic: تونس‎‎ Tūnis) (French is used in education, daily life and business)
United Arab Emirates (Arabic: الإمارات العربيّة المتّحدة‎‎ al-ʾImārāt al-ʿArabiyyah al-Muttaḥidah)
Yemen (Arabic: اليمن‎‎ al-Yaman)
Nobody is being forced to study Arabic in Nigeria. It is optional. It is an elective just like French. Why is CAN objecting to those interested in studying Arabic from doing so? Why are they deliberately misinforming the public by equating Arabic Language with Islamic studies when they are two different subjects? By the way, If I was younger than I am now, I would have loved to study the language so I can read the Koran and Hadith in the original language they were written. Maybe then I will be able to get across the message of Christ to my moslem neighbors more effectively. There is nothing wrong in seeking knowledge.

4 Likes

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by ivolt: 2:36pm On Jun 16, 2017
GoodGovernance:

You are very wrong!

No body is forcing you to study arabic in government schools.

Arabic has a lot of economic value!I have a friend that had to enroll for arabic studies when seconded to saudi arabia,by an international oil Giant!

Arabic ,just like english ,french,spanish,etc, is fast becoming an international language
Your friend qualifying to work in Saudi Arabia is his personal achievement
and I see nothing to celebrate in there for an average Nigerian.
Never put Arabic language together with English and French, they
are not in the same class.
Most Scientific breakthroughs are published in English, French and German,
same cannot be said of Arabic whose only claim to fame is Islam.

The earlier you remove religious sentiments from intellectual discuss,the better for you.

True,Arabic is the language of Islam by virtue of the fact that Mohammed was an Arabian.
Why do you think your friend qualified to work in Saudi Arabia when Saudi
has an unemployment rate of 30% ?
Because the myopic Saudi Monarchy are only interested in sponsoring Arabic/
Islamic studies which made most of its citizen incapable of administration.
Yet, you want to import a language which has failed to uplift its native speakers
and force Nigerian kids to learn it ?
If you remove religious sentiment from your argument, you will realise that Arabic
is economically useless to Nigerians.

But the truth is,not all Arabs are Muslims.
This statement is meaningless in this context, Arab are group of people
who speak Arabic so we would expect that some percentage of non-muslims
also speak Arabic but that doesn't in any way justify the inclusion of Arabic
language in a Nigerian curriculum.

C.A.N should fight for inclusion of Jewish language in to the curriculum,not antagonizing the fight of others to include Arabic as a language to be studied..

CAN will be a big fool to fight for a useless right which do nothing
but increase the endemic inferiority complex in our society.

Rational people and groups fight for right to Life, Security,
Health, Wealth and preservation of Cultural identity while
the deluded ones fight for right to learn a useless language.

Any group fighting for the teaching of a foreign language
because of their religion is misguided and useless.

Fight for your own right ,do not fight against people's right to study Arabic.

The state owes you nothing in terms of religious education, send your kids
to madrassa if you want them to learn Arabic.

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 16, 2017
asuustrike2009:

French is there but isn't compulsory. It they want to introduce it no problem but they shouldn't force it directly or indirectly on students. They haven't thought of French or German or even Chinese na Arabic language. So you didn't read were the student was flogged for not attending Arabic class? What do call that if not coercion?

Why do you expect me to believe that truly a student was flogged from attending Arabic class when CAN said Islamic Arabic studies is compulsory while CRk isn't.

IRK and CRk has been scrapped.
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by ephi321(f): 2:38pm On Jun 16, 2017
Xtfield:

Nobody is being forced to study Arabic in Nigeria. It is optional. It is an elective just like French. Why is CAN objecting to those interested in studying Arabic from doing so? Why are they deliberately misinforming the public by equating Arabic Language with Islamic studies when they are two different subjects? By the way, If I was younger than I am now, I would have loved to study the language so I can read the Koran and Hadith in the original language they were written. Maybe then I will be able to get across the message of Christ to my moslem neighbors more effectively. There is nothing wrong in seeking knowledge.

I guess you did not read the article.. else you would have seen that when there are no CRK and French teachers (which occurs a lot since French teachers are also few), then students have no option but to do IRK, which is not right. No student should be made to study such if they don't want to.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by chngebeginwthme: 2:39pm On Jun 16, 2017
OZAOEKPE:

Arabic bro not Islamic studies they want to make is compulsory for all students

What a dead brain comment, How will they force it on every student OMG? is that how daft you are? Even History was not force on any student ...

Mogbe ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 16, 2017
ollah1:

Irk and crk aren't in the curriculum anymore. What are the other languages better than Arabic? Why do you have a problem with the Arabic language? Why do you consider those languages better han Arabic?
Because we don't need here. Arabic can be optional if you are insisting on it but not compulsory. Making compulsory is the bone of contention. Why I don't opt in for Arabic is because we stand not to gain economic benefit from it compare to other languages .It's economic aspect that Fashola saw were wanted Chinese languages taught in public secondary schools in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 16, 2017
ollah1:

Why do you expect me to believe that truly a student was flogged from attending Arabic class when CAN said Islamic Arabic studies is compulsory while CRk isn't.

IRK and CRk has been scrapped.
You choose not to believe were it was clearly stated the location the incident occurred

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 16, 2017
ephi321:

I know you are trying to be politically correct here, but it so happens that the countries that have Arabic as their lingua franca are all Islamic countries. You cannot say the same for English, French or German. It certainly cannot be considered a religion-neutral language.

Reference:

Arabic (Arabic: العَرَبِيَّة‎‎, al-ʻarabiyyah [ʔalʕaraˈbij.ja]) is a Central Semitic language complex that first emerged in Iron Age northwestern Arabia and is now the lingua franca of the Arab world. It is named after the Arabs, a term initially used to describe peoples living from Mesopotamia in the east to the Anti-Lebanon mountains in the west, in northwestern Arabia, and in the Sinai peninsula.

Algeria (Arabic: الجزائر‎‎ al-Jazāʾir) (Tamazight is the other official language (minority), French is used in education, daily life and business)
Bahrain (Arabic: البحرين‎‎ al-Baḥrayn)
Comoros (Arabic: جزر القمر‎‎ Juzur al-Qamar) (Comorian and French are the other official languages)
Djibouti (Arabic: جيبوتي‎‎ Djībūtī) (French is the other official language)
Egypt (Arabic: مصر‎‎ Miṣr)
Iraq (Arabic: العراق‎‎ al-ʿIrāq) (Kurdish is the other official language (minority))
Jordan (Arabic: الأردن‎‎ al-ʾUrdun)
Kuwait (Arabic: الكويت‎‎ al-Kuwayt)
Lebanon (Arabic: لبنان‎‎ Lubnān) (French has a special status)
Libya (Arabic: ليبيا‎‎ Lībyā)
Mauritania (Arabic: موريتانيا‎‎ Mōrītānyā)
Morocco (Arabic: المغرب‎‎ al-Maġrib) (Tamazight is the other official language (minority), French is used in education, daily life and business)
Oman (Arabic: عمان‎‎ ʿUmān)
Palestine (Arabic: فلسطين‎‎ Filasṭīn)
Qatar (Arabic: قطر‎‎ Qaṭar)
Saudi Arabia (Arabic: المملكة العربية السعودية‎‎ al-Mammlaka al-ʿArabiyyah as-Saʿūdiyyah)
Somalia (Arabic: الصومال‎‎ aṣ-Ṣūmāl) (Somali is the other official language)
Sudan (Arabic: السودان‎‎ as-Sūdān) (English is the other official language (minority))
Syria (Arabic: سوريا‎‎ Sūryā)
Tunisia (Arabic: تونس‎‎ Tūnis) (French is used in education, daily life and business)
United Arab Emirates (Arabic: الإمارات العربيّة المتّحدة‎‎ al-ʾImārāt al-ʿArabiyyah al-Muttaḥidah)
Yemen (Arabic: اليمن‎‎ al-Yaman)

What makes them speak Arabic?
What makes Fracophone countries speak French​?
What makes Anglophone countries speak French?
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by ephi321(f): 2:43pm On Jun 16, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Because we don't need here. Arabic can be optional if you are insisting on it but not compulsory. Making compulsory is the bone of contention. Why I don't opt in for Arabic is because we stand not to gain economic benefit from it compare to other languages .It's economic aspect that Fashola saw were wanted Chinese languages taught in public secondary schools in Lagos

Exactly. What economic impact does Arabic have for a student who has no intention of migrating to Saudi Arabia in the future, I can see someone pointing this out as a "potential benefit"?

The Chinese are a world power right now, so it makes economic sense introducing it to the schools, which is already happening in many countries.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 16, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Because we don't need here. Arabic can be optional if you are insisting on it but not compulsory. Making compulsory is the bone of contention. Why I don't opt in for Arabic is because we stand not to gain economic benefit from it compare to other languages . It's economic aspect that Fashola saw were wanted Chinese languages taught in public secondary schools in Lagos

List the languages that has more economic benefits that Arabic.
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by ephi321(f): 2:45pm On Jun 16, 2017
ollah1:

What makes them speak Arabic?
What makes Fracophone countries speak French​?
What makes Anglophone countries speak French?

French countries do not have a common religion.
Anglophone countries do not have a common religion.
Arabic countries have a common religion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 16, 2017
ephi321:

Exactly. What economic impact does Arabic have for a student who has no intention of migrating to Saudi Arabia in the future, I can see someone pointing this out as a "potential benefit"?

The Chinese are a world power right now, so it makes economic sense introducing it to the schools, which is already happening in many countries.
Exactly

1 Like

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 16, 2017
ephi321:

French countries do not have a common religion.
Anglophone countries do not have a common religion.
Arabic countries have a common religion.

By being their official language doesn't mean they are Muslims. There are Christian Arabs.
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by ephi321(f): 2:47pm On Jun 16, 2017
ollah1:

By being their official language doesn't mean they are Muslims. There are Christian Arabs.

Yeah right. Tell that to the birds.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 16, 2017
feelgoodInc:
it was IRK I meant to say

IRK isnt in the curriculum
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Kingspin(m): 2:48pm On Jun 16, 2017
Islamik remain useless to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Adefemiaderoju1: 2:48pm On Jun 16, 2017
Nonsense how I wish they the government can scrap both religion out of schools etc religion is our major problem the more we realise this the better for us
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 16, 2017
ephi321:

Yeah right. Tell that to the birds.

Yh sure that's why I'm telling you
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by ephi321(f): 2:48pm On Jun 16, 2017
ollah1:

Yh sure that's why I'm telling you

Ignorance is no excuse, fortunately.
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 16, 2017
ollah1:

List the languages that has more economic benefits that Arabic.
Chinese is one of such. That's why Fashola try to make it compulsory for public schools.
Modified
Japanese, Spanish, German languages

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Omoluabi16(m): 2:49pm On Jun 16, 2017
ephi321:

The hypocrisy is painful. folk wished he learned arabic so he could read the hadith. Who doesn't know Arabic and islam is intertwined?
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 16, 2017
ephi321:

Ignorance is no excuse, fortunately.

Ignorance is bliss
Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by ephi321(f): 2:50pm On Jun 16, 2017
Omoluabi16:
The hypocrisy is painful. folk wished he learned arabic so he could read the hadith. Who doesn't know Arabic and islam is intertwined?

I wonder o. They think it's fools they are discussing with.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo by fasterwell(m): 2:50pm On Jun 16, 2017
vecman22:

Igbos leave SS out of your imagination.. The as can speak for itself.. Na by force?

What is wrong with what the guy said?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today / FGGC Students Oyo Mourn The Death Of Their 4 Colleagues Crushed By A Truck / University Of Jos Dismissed 5 Students Also Publicized Their Photos

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.