Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,257 members, 7,811,719 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 (19444 Views)

Buhari In Benue: Tiv People Not Happy With You – Akume Tells Buhari / 2019 : Buhari Will Get Zero Vote In Benue -tiv Traditional Council / Mariya Sanusi Dantata, Dangote's Mother, Visited By APC Governors (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by kingzizzy: 11:51am On Jun 25, 2017
fratermathy:

Instead of Kanu to be realistic and address issues, he still spews hate rhetoric against the Hausa and Yoruba, forceful language on the composition of Biafra, and idealistic images of Biafra as if it won't be peopled with the Igbos in Nigeria today.

To be honest, Kanu's approach is much better than that of people like you who think that the destiny of the southern minorities is to perpetualy remain in Nigeria and beg the North for restructuring/resource control.

5 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by fratermathy(m): 12:01pm On Jun 25, 2017
trillville:

Where do I start from? The richest black woman on earth made her money from Niger delta wealth, yet she is Yoruba. I don't want to sound like a tribalist, but are you aware of the mass poverty facing people in your very own Niger delta region?

Nigeria as it stands today will never develop. Year after year, the general population keeps getting poorer and poorer. Only the connected to government make huge money. People don't pay taxes, so they don't hold the government accountable. Currently, the oil wealth is shared opaquely never reaching the common man.

The first statement nnamdi kanu made is probably the most intelligent thing he said. He said he did not support nzeogwu coup. that coup cost the east and the rest of nigeria all this years of under development by casting the easterners as the bad guys. Nigeria was a country on its way to greatness but for the greed of some. Each was the highest exporter of groundnuts, and the second highest exporter of cocoa. we exported large quantities of rubber, cotton and palm oil. Even in modern day, nigerians from all tribes are making great strides in every nation they live in apart from in nigeria itself. We have had leaders from the north, from the south and from the west, yet majority of nigerians have gotten poorer.

Talking about SS oil wealth, Abu Dhabi, an emirate in the UAE owns 96 percent of all proven oil and gas reserves in the UAE, while Dubai owns a meager 4 percent. UAE operates a federal system as nigeria had in its first republic. The leadership in Dubai was challenge by the idea that it fellow emirate was feeding it, so it decided to invest oil revenue gotten from ABU Dhabi in infrastructure to diversify it's sources of income. Today, most people hardly talk about Abu Dhabi. Dubai is much more popular as a trading and tourism hub.

Nnamdi clearly stated he wanted development for his people and any other Nigerian with similar interest. What is wrong in saying this? Nnamdi made many mistakes in the past but he seems to have really matured and tailored his message for success. It confuses me how any SS person can be against this man when all he has is the interest of your region and it's people.

I am from the middlebelt and I can tell you for a fact that the igbos lost the war because nzeogwu's actions painted them in bad light. Nnamdi's stand on restructuring is commendable. His approach of civil disobedience will only galvanise the poor suffering nigerian masses to victory.

And you think the Asaris, Tom Polos, Boyloafs, Ayiris, Iboris, Uduaghans, etc, didn't make billions from oil money? These are our own people in the ND who shortchanged the people and pocketed the wealth without doing any tangible thing for the people. Some of them even claimed to be Niger Delta activists (what has their activism done till date?).

Nnamdi Kanu should not pretend to have anyone, other than his Igbo people, at heart. We are not in need of a pity party or an Igbo messiah with idealistic solutions to problems that militancy could not solve. He should focus on his Igboid Biafra and champion for it alone.

As an Urhobo man, Kanu doesn't even know what we face and I'm damn sure no Urhobo will subscribe to a movement that thrives more on hate speeches and vendettas than anything else. The Biafran agitation today has nothing to offer to me and my people. When it does, we would know.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by fratermathy(m): 12:02pm On Jun 25, 2017
kingzizzy:

To be honest, Kanu's approach is much better than that of people like you who think that the destiny of the southern minorities is to perpetualy remain in Nigeria and beg the North for restructuring/resource control.

If you think Kanu's approach has or will do anything, then continue believing so. But don't ever make the mistake of thinking realistic SSners are not doing something! Just because they don't go about shouting afonja and Hausa, doesn't mean negotiations are not being made and our future is not being discussed.
Not everyone will take a suicidal path to actualize their dreams. In war, alliance is the key, not noise making and chest beating.

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by vincentjk(m): 12:03pm On Jun 25, 2017
Oya Afonjas make una clear here
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by mikeycharles(m): 12:09pm On Jun 25, 2017
Nairaland (SPACE BOOKERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA) cordially invites you to her 2-day seminar tagged "Booking of space with emerging technologies"
Venue:[url]www.nairaland.com/3881803/nairaland-guest-speaker-sarrki
[/url]
Guest speaker: Sarrki
Time: 2-4pm
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 25, 2017
fratermathy:
While he made some good points on the state of the Nigerian nation, he is at best very idealistic on the Biafran issue. He acknowledged that multi-ethnicity is one of the problems with Nigeria yet he blatantly referred to the Niger Delta (including the many non-Igboid tribes -and even mentioning Itsekiri & Isoko) as "Southern Biafra". Such delusion and audacity are among the reasons why Biafra may never be a reality any time soon.

He said so many things; mainly utopic in nature. However, he did not state the framework for which Biafra will operate its federal structure. It is not just about granting ethnicities their own regions. That will not solve all of the problems. There are core issues that need to be addressed in a federation and he never spoke one bit about any of them. Rather he was boasting about making Lokoja a "seaport" and "dredging the river Niger". Making it seem like he is campaigning to the Tiv and other Middle Belt groups.

For someone who wants Biafra so much, he paid more attention to Nigeria, Tinubu, Mohammed, and the North. He exuded more of a personal angst and vendetta against Nigeria and Nigerians, rather than a genuine love for Biafra.

Finally... All I can say is that this interview has reinforced my conviction that the Biafra agitation, as it is now, is nothing more than blatant idealism by misguided youths, led by a delusional man whose main justification for the struggle is his hatred for the Hausa-Fulani and the "Zoo", as he puts it.

Well said.. I am Igbo but I have always found something off about his approach.
I won't deny igbos are heavily marginalized in Nigeria but I can alos pick a million better ways kanu could have gone about this and achieved results
The pen is so much mightier than the sword

Anyways Biafra will be very good for all groups as then all regions will be forced to look inward and develop

The only flaw in this plan is kanu himself
Alas I fear this Biafra won't materialize with kanu as the lead agitator
We need sound intellectual minds to guide this

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Temptee101(m): 12:16pm On Jun 25, 2017
Michael004:
you see your cursed life outside. They guy you wanted has told you he's from ebony state. Not all of igbo can be infected by zombie.
Why are you headlessly junketing over people's mention like an insane rabbit on heat without first evaluating your mental state, i guess you skipped your medication thereby showing the world how stupid you are and at large riddicling your kinsmen and your entire afonjaristic tribe which you are insanely trying so hard to defend.

BTW dirty afonja...its Ebonyi not ebony

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by 2sexycom(m): 12:22pm On Jun 25, 2017
KosiGee:

I'm still sceptical about Mr Kanu, his aspirations and mode of dispensing his ideologies. Having watched and listened to him speak in the video, I am beginning to understand and like him, however I think he should tone tone down his verbal attacks against some northerners which I think bordered on his frustrations with the Nigeria project and possibly his views and experiences with them.

He should communicate and share his views more diplomatically, he should try and win the hearts of people with sound argument grounded in research and not just personal opinions.
He is very passionate but I think he should win allies by taking a route down the diplomatic pathway mixed with his fiery courageous stance but devoid of the hatred and aversion for some people which he is being associated with.

I fear for his life. His enemies would be devising other means of dealing with him and if they succeed, his dreams would be gone. I'm also worried some politicians would be riding on his back to achieve personal and selfish goals and I believe he is smart enough to realise that.

Agumba, I need to reach you. I have questions but only private discussions.
God bless you oo.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 12:23pm On Jun 25, 2017
Uchihaitaci:

Well said.. I am Igbo but I have always found something off about his approach.
I won't deny igbos are heavily marginalized in Nigeria but I can alos pick a million better ways kanu could have gone about this and achieved results
The pen is so much mightier than the sword

Anyways Biafra will be very good for all groups as then all regions will be forced to look inward and develop

The only flaw in this plan is kanu himself
Alas I fear this Biafra won't materialize with kanu as the lead agitator
We need sound intellectual minds to guide this

Which sound intellectual minds and where the f@#&! have they been all the while ?

Nnamdi Kanu a dropout, took the bull by the horn to confront and outmaneuver the Hausa/Fulani oligarchy and has written his name in history.
The intellectuals you are waiting for are either seeking government contracts, jostling for appointment and jobs, or too timid to make their voices heard. At least appreciate the man for what he has done : mobilize the Ibo en-mass and the southern minorities as well - a feat no other Ibo man since Ojukwu has been able to achieve.

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by 2sexycom(m): 12:26pm On Jun 25, 2017
IloveMoney:

It is the media that has painted Nnamdi kanu as a power hungry scammer, deceiving his people and seeking Biafra for selfish reasons and that he is after the oil in the delta regions.

I have been following him since 2014 and i can tell you that Nnamdi kanu is one of the few intelligent leaders remaining in Nigeria. He knows what he is doing and his quest for biafra is to take us out of slavery, which is to the benefit of the whole south and middle belt but unfortunately we are easily brain washed by the media and our political leaders whose condemnation of Nnamdi Kanu is to protect their selfish interest..

can someone in the S-west tell me how following Kanu the way biafrans follow himis different from the way yorubas follow and worship tinubu. they even named him jagaban. The only difference is that, Kanu has honour while Tinubu is a scammer without honour.

Obviously, one thing i like about igbos is that, they may not have leaders they follow sheepishly like others do, but once they have accepted you as their leader, they will follow you even to the grave. they are extremely and emotionally loyal and dependable people, same as once they have rejected you, just forget it. you have lost them. They hardly unite to make up their mind. But once they do, it will only take divine intervention to persuade them. That is why if the east support you in any political movement, it is easy to get block vote from the east unlike in the west where their votes are always divided and confused

They case of support for Jonathan and the rejection of Buhari all the four times he vied for presidency even when he had igbo VP, igbos rejected him and show no remorse.

One thing i like about kanu is that he is a youth, the same youth leadership we have been dreaming about and now that the opportunity has come to change the status quo, those gullible Nigeria always crying for change are still following the paid media and the grandfather politicians who are outdated and have nothing for the coming generations other than destruction, power greed and institutionalised poverty.

Funny enough, Nnamdi kanu was once an advocate of One Nigeria, who led the UK protest against boko haram killings in 2012

watch this interview of him long before now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ViaEvV7HB4&t=1000s
I disagree with you over the emboldened. You know why? comments from IPOB members here on nairaland alone paint the biafra cause so dark. The constant roping of Donald Trump into this how bullshit, is that media as well? A LOT of works need to be done in address those foot soldiers who are giving this whole thing a bad image because it makes me ashamed as a fellow igbo person. Just read above this and you will see i quoted someone, likely an IPOB memeber, threatening someone else in broad daylight and that he is sending people after him... trust me, things like this is what will be used against this Biafra agitation at the end of the day.

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Michael004: 12:28pm On Jun 25, 2017
cursedAbiola:
[s][/s] Nonsense trash
Still in pain. lol
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Michael004: 12:30pm On Jun 25, 2017
OgaBuhari:
lol even NgeneUkwu.
But the femolii guy says he's a Yoruba but resides in Port Harcourt.. Afonjas sef
Is portharcourt an ignorant land?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Michael004: 12:30pm On Jun 25, 2017
OgaBuhari:
lol even NgeneUkwu.

But the femolii guy says he's a Yoruba but resides in Port Harcourt..
Afonjas sef
Is portharcourt an igbo land?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by 2sexycom(m): 12:32pm On Jun 25, 2017
KosiGee:

I'm still sceptical about Mr Kanu, his aspirations and mode of dispensing his ideologies. Having watched and listened to him speak in the video, I am beginning to understand and like him, however I think he should tone tone down his verbal attacks against some northerners which I think bordered on his frustrations with the Nigeria project and possibly his views and experiences with them.

He should communicate and share his views more diplomatically, he should try and win the hearts of people with sound argument grounded in research and not just personal opinions.
He is very passionate but I think he should win allies by taking a route down the diplomatic pathway mixed with his fiery courageous stance but devoid of the hatred and aversion for some people which he is being associated with.

I fear for his life. His enemies would be devising other means of dealing with him and if they succeed, his dreams would be gone. I'm also worried some politicians would be riding on his back to achieve personal and selfish goals and I believe he is smart enough to realise that.

Agumba, I need to reach you. I have questions but only private discussions.
God bless you oo.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Michael004: 12:32pm On Jun 25, 2017
sean1000x:

He is the same person as IpobExposed. Same person as Stola, same person Michael004, same person as over 8 other accounts. He is a psychotic fellow whose case has been rejected by psychiatrists.
Wetin this one dey talk, When did ipobexposed become Michael004. Oga ade, I be my humble self. They told me that thing in you has started again.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by fratermathy(m): 12:45pm On Jun 25, 2017
2sexycom:
If anything happens to that man, it is in your hand. Most of you are the reasons why a lot of people are still undecided about this biafra cause because of the way you often react to issues. Now tell me what you want to do if not to kill him. I don't know why it is so hard to calm down when this issue is being discussed.

Don't mind him. This won't be the first time that account is threatening me. It's so sad that he has to resort to threats just because someone's opinion differs from his.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by myfameblog(f): 12:47pm On Jun 25, 2017
IS NIGERIA A FREE NATION OR A CONQUERED VASSAL STATE ?... READ MORE HERE BY FANI KAYODE http://www.myfameblog.com/2017/06/is-nigeria-free-nation-or-conquered.html
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by 2sexycom(m): 12:50pm On Jun 25, 2017
fratermathy:

Don't mind him. This won't be the first time that account is threatening me. It's so sad that he has to resort to threats just because someone's opinion differs from his.

Do me a favour and edit your post. Remove the name there in the mention you did. Thanks.
not yet. First off, report the matter to the nearest police if possible, screenshot everything where he has threaten you and link it to IPOB.

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by giftft(f): 12:57pm On Jun 25, 2017
feelgoodInc:

fuvk you and your biafrasay, this is another Yafonja creation to divert the biafran agitation.

Hey , That is b!afran forum where biafrans are uniting to counter the media lies of nigeria, Check it out. it is our own
http://biafrasay.com
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 25, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Which sound intellectual minds and where the f@#&! have they been all the while ?

Nnamdi Kanu a dropout, took the bull by the horn to confront and outmaneuver the Hausa/Fulani government and has written his name in history. The intellectuals you are waiting for are either seeking government contracts, jostling for appointment or position or too timid to make their voices heard. At least appreciate the man for what he has done : mobilize the Ibo en-mass - which no other Ibo man since Ojukwu has been able to achieve.

Well i have to admit Kanu is quite brilliant and s gifted orator

But like I said

Biafra will be very good for the country

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by feelgoodInc: 1:07pm On Jun 25, 2017
giftft:

Hey , That is b!afran forum where biafrans are uniting to counter the media lies of nigeria, Check it out. it is our own
http://biafrasay.com
created by whom, I'm not falling for that lies.
you cut Biafra out of nairaland, you don't move out to create biafra
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Brojimmydada77: 1:12pm On Jun 25, 2017
When people are pushed to the wall I think fighting back is the last option
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by giftft(f): 1:18pm On Jun 25, 2017
feelgoodInc:

created by whom, I'm not falling for that lies.
you cut Biafra out of nairaland, you don't move out to create biafra
find out. internet is there for your research
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by cursedAbiola(f): 1:19pm On Jun 25, 2017
[s]
Michael004:
Still in pain. lol
[/s]
Nonsense trash
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by eastsidechillz: 1:28pm On Jun 25, 2017
cumbak60:

IPOB Zombi. Always resorting to insult and screaming afonja as if their oxygen depends on it. You guys reason with your nyash and not your head. I'm more Igbo than you miscreant.

I don't know where u re from.

I will advice to go and watch that video. Any sane human being will see reasons in what he said.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by feelgoodInc: 1:53pm On Jun 25, 2017
giftft:

find out. internet is there for your research
you have nothing to say but let me add some salt to your wounds, uthman burnt the Quran so as to allow his own stand, why burn the others? he even rejected Abdullah ibn mausid version of the koran that Muhammed said was the best reciter, my question is why was ibn mausid asked to give up his .
mushaf
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Notasyouthink: 2:00pm On Jun 25, 2017
cumbak60:

Get off my mention. You guys, IPOB zombies, the worst zombies I have ever seen so far can't reason with your head again. Nnamdi Kanu is now your demi-god. Idiots. just carve out my state from your Nnamdi Kanu Biafra.
While his wife and kids are in the UK, he is raving on how to gag Nigeria into war against Ndi'Igbo again. May that war start and end in his father's palace. Amen. Yes, I'm Igbo from Ebonyi State. And for your information, my people fought and bled for Biafra more than even you loud mouth Igbos found in Abia and the rest......
What is this abobaku goon saying??
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Notasyouthink: 2:02pm On Jun 25, 2017
cumbak60:

IPOB Zombi. Always resorting to insult and screaming afonja as if their oxygen depends on it. You guys reason with your nyash and not your head. I'm more Igbo than you miscreant.
Why are you running Helter skelter​?? Answer his questions!!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Notasyouthink: 2:07pm On Jun 25, 2017
fratermathy:

I would be lying if I say I am surprised! Enjoy your delusions... while it lasts!
I think you are the one suffering from delusion here honestly.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by kingzizzy: 2:22pm On Jun 25, 2017
fratermathy:

If you think Kanu's approach has or will do anything, then continue believing so. But don't ever make the mistake of thinking realistic SSners are not doing something! Just because they don't go about shouting afonja and Hausa, doesn't mean negotiations are not being made and our future is not being discussed.
Not everyone will take a suicidal path to actualize their dreams. In war, alliance is the key, not noise making and chest beating.

Get real. The North will never allow any sort of restructuring in Nigeria. Not now, not ever. If anyone thinks that the North will agree to restructuring, which will take away their political and economic control of Nigeria, that person needs to have his head examined.

The truth is that everyone and every ethnic group in the South of Nigeria will at some point have to face the same choice Ojukwu faced 50 years ago, accept "Northern controlled Nigeria" or fight for your sovereignty. Anyone thinking there are other choices out there are mistaken.

People like Kanu have already made their choice.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Disappears In London / Uzodinma: Okorocha, Others Won't Go Unpunished Over N106Bn Misappropriated Fund / Thread For Nairalander INEC Adhoc Staffs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.