Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,542 members, 7,812,692 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana (24526 Views)

Ahmed Yerima Plans To Succeed Buhari As President / Shettima Yerima: Tinubu Is The Last Person North Will Hand Over Power To / Quit Notice: I Have Been In Bosso For 45 Years, Where Do I Go? – Yoruba Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by Dotng: 4:58am On Jun 25, 2017
Igbo quit notice: I have the support of my elders, Yerima replies Falana

The Co-Convener of the Coalition of Northern Groups and leader of Arewa Consultative Youth Forum, Shettima Yerima, has accused human rights lawyer, Femi Falana, SAN, of living in the past, following the latter’s statement implying that the former should not be taken seriously.

Falana had on Thursday at a news conference in Abuja described Yerima as a “Lagos man.”

“The man who gave quit notice (to Igbo living in the North) does not live in the North. He lives in Lagos. I am saying this: Shettima Yerima lives in Lagos. He is a Lagos man. So, to live in Lagos and be giving quit notice is not the answer,” he had said.

Reacting to the human rights lawyer’s statement on Friday night, Yerima told SUNDAY PUNCH that Falana was only seeking cheap publicity.

“The Shettima Falana knows in Lagos is not the same person in the North. I challenge him to come to Kaduna and ask about who I am. And I challenge him to go to Ekiti to contest a local government seat. I am for and with the North. I am not a coward. I am protecting the interests of my people and I get support from my elders. Falana is living in the past. I spend more time in the North than in Lagos.

“And, when did it become a crime that a northerner cannot issue a statement in the North though he stays in Lagos? I am a Nigerian. Shouldn’t Falana be castigating the man who said he hates Nigerians and doesn’t want his people to remain a part of Nigeria? I am in touch with my people. I have followers; does Falana have supporters? How many times has he contested elections in Ekiti State and lost? Despite his level of intelligence he hasn’t won an election in his state. Leading your people is not about propaganda and noise-making; it is about facing reality.”

The activist added that he had the support of northern elders in issuing a quit notice to the Igbo living in the North, noting that it is not a threat.

Urging Falana to focus more on the main issue, Yerima said, “As I speak to you now I am in Kaduna. Is there a law that says being a Nigerian I cannot do so? While he’s busy pursuing personal interests, I am defending my people against the insults and blackmail of one Igbo called Nnamdi Kanu and his co-travellers. What has Falana done about the insults IPOB heaped on the Yoruba? He is seeking cheap publicity.

“I challenge him to come and see how I am living as a king in Kaduna – I am being celebrated. I am here to defend the integrity of my people. Does he consider Nnamdi Kanu a foreigner – someone who has lived for many years abroad? I have my roots in Zaria and I go home regularly. When last did Falana visit his home in Ekiti?”

http://punchng.com/igbo-quit-notice-i-have-the-support-of-my-elders-yerima-replies-falana/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by ehinmowo: 5:25am On Jun 25, 2017
truth be told, d insult of IPOB is gargantuan

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by ZKOSOSO(m): 5:41am On Jun 25, 2017
All I know is that we are heading somewhere. It's obvious that we either come out of this stronger or we go our separate ways.

Restructuring will weaken the Northern Cabal.

Division will favour the South.

Keeping the Status quo ante will keep everyone down except the Cabals.

234 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by glowithdan(m): 5:42am On Jun 25, 2017

1 Like

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by Yeligray(m): 5:47am On Jun 25, 2017
Dah...una want make perfect read all this stuff. Una get mind me, i'm off.
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by GworoChewinMaga: 5:58am On Jun 25, 2017
I support the ab0ki on this.

Falana is a very silly idiot who doesn't know when to shutup

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by seunmsg(m): 6:09am On Jun 25, 2017
GworoChewinMaga:
I support the ab0ki on this.

Falana is a very silly idiot who doesn't know when to shutup

Nonsense talk like this and the one spewed by Yerima is why I have always advocated that Yoruba's should sit out the ongoing controversy and not take side. Igbos are not reasonable people that we can side with, they will turn against us when the heat comes. Soyinka supported them in the 60's and today, they can't do without insulting him.

Falana brought this upon himself and I won't pity him. Let Igbos and the north settle their mess like they did in the 60's, it's none of your fuvcking business.

112 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by GworoChewinMaga: 6:15am On Jun 25, 2017
seunmsg:

Nonsense talk like this and the one spewed by Yerima is why I have always advocated that Yoruba's should sit out the ongoing controversy and not take side. Igbos are not reasonable people that we can side with, they will turn against us when the heat comes.

Falana brought this upon himself and I won't pity him. Let Igbos and the north settle their mess like they did in the 60's, it's none of your fuvcking business.

Good.

Then we hope to see you guys facing your front and not putting your gaping orifices into any issue involving Biafra

192 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by Karlman: 6:48am On Jun 25, 2017
...funny thing is that NNAMDI KANU is not even aware of the existence of shettima or yerima and his fellow almajiris...

...so let the almajiris do what they know how to do best, looting stealing killing, as no price is too much for BIAFRA.

...ANY IGBO MAN OR WOMAN WHO IS NOT TIRED WITH THE MANNER NIGERIA IS RUN&RUIN BY THE HAUSAFULANI FOR THE PAST 50YEARS CAN DIE WITH NIGERIA.

189 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by Nobody: 6:50am On Jun 25, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 25, 2017
OK

Provided the price of garri is constant

I Dont give a Bleep

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by Drienzia: 6:51am On Jun 25, 2017
grin grin still begging to remain in the zoo

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by Omeokachie: 6:51am On Jun 25, 2017
What a child!

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by Jamolajay1: 6:52am On Jun 25, 2017
I don't even know, but am sure this country Don tire 95% of the citizens..

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by Jazzlite: 6:56am On Jun 25, 2017
GworoChewinMaga:

Good.

Then we hope to see you guys facing your front and not putting your gaping orifices into any issue involving Biafra
Then quit posting such trash on Nigerian media.. like nairaland...

36 Likes

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by ibkgab001: 6:56am On Jun 25, 2017
There shall be war

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by BuariCopyPaste: 6:56am On Jun 25, 2017
They have come for Falana.....
This is the likely scene of Afonjas facing the Hausas Fulanis....

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by Truflame: 6:56am On Jun 25, 2017
The unity of the country as one indivisible entity is not the problem but leadership.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by dlondonbadboy: 6:56am On Jun 25, 2017
grin
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by Temptee101(m): 6:57am On Jun 25, 2017
Just look at how this so called Northern elite talks like a terrorist and one still wonders why an average almarjiri is a potential terrorist.

You are against restructuring and against separation because the current status quo favours you almarjiris

Well, sorry to burst your bubble Nigeria is now at crossroad and there's no going back

Can't just wait for Ist Oct

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 6:57am On Jun 25, 2017
will you STFU Mr yerima or whatsoever ur name is?!

Don't u find joy in unity?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by jericco1(m): 6:57am On Jun 25, 2017
Yerima be living like a king while his followers live like pigs.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by VcStunner(m): 6:57am On Jun 25, 2017
And the ranting continues..
Dude said he's been celebrated in the North, well I for one honestly don't know him, but look how he was "visibly" shaken by the persona of Nnamdi Kanu. He seems to be trembling on behalf of all northern youths. The govt won't tell you, but u see in our time, the Nnamdi Kanu movement (though isn't refined enough to attract sympathy yet) will eventually get to a point where restructuring will not stop the agitation anymore but referendum. The window is closing fast on Nigeria, and war won't be an option either because the world is watching.
I wish we could restructure and still be one Nigeria, but everyone minding his own business. If u have oil, use it. If u have grandnut use. Just stop being lazy and foolish. Barka da Eid Mubarak

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by Omeokachie: 6:58am On Jun 25, 2017
What a child!
So when are you relocating permanently to Kaduna?

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by Bugatie(m): 6:58am On Jun 25, 2017
I thought they ordered security agencies to arrest these idiots issuing quit notices upandan

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by magoo10(m): 6:58am On Jun 25, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

TY Danjuma Raises Alarm Over Plans To Rig 2019 Elections . / Chidiebube Okeoma: Police Slap Punch Reporter For Interviewing Protesting Widows / Banji Akintoye: If We Wait For Buhari, Herdsmen Will Kill All Of Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.