Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,473 members, 7,830,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana (24565 Views)

Ahmed Yerima Plans To Succeed Buhari As President / Shettima Yerima: Tinubu Is The Last Person North Will Hand Over Power To / Quit Notice: I Have Been In Bosso For 45 Years, Where Do I Go? – Yoruba Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by Sunnyja: 3:40pm On Jun 25, 2017
Bugatie:
I thought they ordered security agencies to arrest these idiots issuing quit notices upandan
For Naija!!!
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by deedeedee1: 3:42pm On Jun 25, 2017
Zico5:

A liar, an igbo boy claiming yoruba. Only a yoruba bastard will support igbo with their level of hatred towards others
Why tha hell will i claim to be igbo? I detest them far more than you, this is why i believe we should not be in the same country with them. And i amware of the hate they have for us. Let them form their country will whoever they want, but as far as they do not include any part of yoruba land. I dont like it when yorubas talk about who should form biafra and who should not. Let the south south speak for themselves.
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by VcStunner(m): 4:08pm On Jun 25, 2017
Marotzke:
You my Good man, sound very intelligent but appear ignorant of how international politics is played.
Honestly you are not expecting the kind of favours Israelis are getting are you?
Have you heared about the 13 financial houses of Jerusalem?
Who did you think financed the American War of Independece? Or do you think revolutions and wars come cheap?
Till date the Jewish lobby is the most powerful lobby in Washinton, why do you think it is so?
The state of Israel is an American creation inspired by jews who relocated to America for safety to forge a homeland among free people.
What have you sown into the life of Americans to expect them to spend American resources and blood to protect you from self inflicted damages?
Any way, as far as world politics go, Nigeria falls under British influence.
The world powers defer to Britain in matters pertaining to Nigeria.
What do you think is their take on Biafra's seccession? You think Abusing them will change their mind?
How do you think people in Whitehall (do you even know what it means?) React when they hear things like Lugard cage? Or British created caliphate?
Self preservation is the first law of nature. You want to create a homeland where you believe you can thrive?
The best way to do it is to unilaterally endanger about ten million of your potential citizens?
Put at risk Trillions of dollars worth of investment? Over what? No standing army, no weapons of any sort? No international coalition of partners or patrons to support you?
Abusing your neighbours who would be criticall in creating vital supply lines in case of an outright war?
How many wars do you intend to fight? What kind of peace are you offering your potential neighbours?
Nigger please.
am impressed really on the exposition. And thanks for the enlightenment, I must say I didn't knw a few of the stuff u said up there. But u see, I really am not supporting the Kanu-type of movement. So far he has managed to re-ignite the flame, it's burning low... it's only a matter of time before someone much more respected and refined takes the lead and harmonize the course(if only the momentum continues to build) to gain international sympathy and attention. I choose not to discuss war because I know the cost and implications, which is why my post earlier stated that we are gradually getting to that point where restructuring may not calm the tide but referendum. Yet our leaders are still bent on churning out threats like any of that mattered to Yusuf Mohammed in 2009.
One more thing sir, knowing a few stuff about international politics doesn't make the rest of us ignorant so to say... we might display a little naivete same as every one else in certain occasions. Great weekend fam
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by Aragon: 4:13pm On Jun 25, 2017
ZKOSOSO:
All I know is that we are heading somewhere. It's obvious that we either come out of this stronger or we go our separate ways.

Restructuring will weaken the Northern Cabal.

Division will favour the South.

Keeping the Status quo ante will keep everyone down except the Cabals.

Not. Good enough. Is Restructuring Responsible forState Governors not doing their Jobs? You can Break up into a Million Countries and Restructure as much as you want and if all you got are these bunch of Lazy, Greedy thieving People as your Governors then you will be worst of than you are now. Tell the Governors to first do their Jobs and then we can talk. All these Talks of Breaking up and Restructuring is only to Make the Same people, their families and Pepper-them-Gang-Girlfriends Rich period
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by eodavids(m): 4:20pm On Jun 25, 2017
Yerima is being disrespectful and arrogant here.

Proud goeth before a fall.
Watch it Yerima!
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by bionixs: 4:22pm On Jun 25, 2017
ehinmowo:
truth be told, d insult of IPOB is gargantuan
God and fate will insult them back. you fought them for 3 years to keep them to Nigeria and now they should quit. why not call them to the table and give them their Biafra and save yourselves the quit notice wahala.
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by emi14: 4:23pm On Jun 25, 2017
janykute:

I tire oo,Helping the igbos to fight or what?Since when has their sitting on the fence become a help to the igbos?
Hahahahahahahaha..abi my brother.
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by emi14: 4:24pm On Jun 25, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

grin.... I agree!
Now go and cry more wink

Hahahahahahahaha...you lack words. Sorry ooo
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by bionixs: 4:25pm On Jun 25, 2017
GworoChewinMaga:
I support the ab0ki on this.

Falana is a very silly idiot who doesn't know when to shutup
I feel for you Mr troll . na so crase they start
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by bionixs: 4:29pm On Jun 25, 2017
seunmsg:

Nonsense talk like this and the one spewed by Yerima is why I have always advocated that Yoruba's should sit out the ongoing controversy and not take side. Igbos are not reasonable people that we can side with, they will turn against us when the heat comes. Soyinka supported them in the 60's and today, they can't do without insulting him.

Falana brought this upon himself and I won't pity him. Let Igbos and the north settle their mess like they did in the 60's, it's none of your fuvcking business.
you see your life and that of your people. green snakes! Always standing for nothing,always on the fence. cowards
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by Tecno66: 4:33pm On Jun 25, 2017
I doubt if we have a government. This idiot who should long be in custody is still running his mouth. So unfortunate. If not say insurance cover you.
Dotng:
Igbo quit notice: I have the support of my elders, Yerima replies Falana

The Co-Convener of the Coalition of Northern Groups and leader of Arewa Consultative Youth Forum, Shettima Yerima, has accused human rights lawyer, Femi Falana, SAN, of living in the past, following the latter’s statement implying that the former should not be taken seriously.

Falana had on Thursday at a news conference in Abuja described Yerima as a “Lagos man.”

“The man who gave quit notice (to Igbo living in the North) does not live in the North. He lives in Lagos. I am saying this: Shettima Yerima lives in Lagos. He is a Lagos man. So, to live in Lagos and be giving quit notice is not the answer,” he had said.

Reacting to the human rights lawyer’s statement on Friday night, Yerima told SUNDAY PUNCH that Falana was only seeking cheap publicity.

“The Shettima Falana knows in Lagos is not the same person in the North. I challenge him to come to Kaduna and ask about who I am. And I challenge him to go to Ekiti to contest a local government seat. I am for and with the North. I am not a coward. I am protecting the interests of my people and I get support from my elders. Falana is living in the past. I spend more time in the North than in Lagos.

“And, when did it become a crime that a northerner cannot issue a statement in the North though he stays in Lagos? I am a Nigerian. Shouldn’t Falana be castigating the man who said he hates Nigerians and doesn’t want his people to remain a part of Nigeria? I am in touch with my people. I have followers; does Falana have supporters? How many times has he contested elections in Ekiti State and lost? Despite his level of intelligence he hasn’t won an election in his state. Leading your people is not about propaganda and noise-making; it is about facing reality.”

The activist added that he had the support of northern elders in issuing a quit notice to the Igbo living in the North, noting that it is not a threat.

Urging Falana to focus more on the main issue, Yerima said, “As I speak to you now I am in Kaduna. Is there a law that says being a Nigerian I cannot do so? While he’s busy pursuing personal interests, I am defending my people against the insults and blackmail of one Igbo called Nnamdi Kanu and his co-travellers. What has Falana done about the insults IPOB heaped on the Yoruba? He is seeking cheap publicity.

“I challenge him to come and see how I am living as a king in Kaduna – I am being celebrated. I am here to defend the integrity of my people. Does he consider Nnamdi Kanu a foreigner – someone who has lived for many years abroad? I have my roots in Zaria and I go home regularly. When last did Falana visit his home in Ekiti?”

http://punchng.com/igbo-quit-notice-i-have-the-support-of-my-elders-yerima-replies-falana/
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by graphiti: 4:53pm On Jun 25, 2017
seunmsg:

Nonsense talk like this and the one spewed by Yerima is why I have always advocated that Yoruba's should sit out the ongoing controversy and not take side. Igbos are not reasonable people that we can side with, they will turn against us when the heat comes. Soyinka supported them in the 60's and today, they can't do without insulting him.

Falana brought this upon himself and I won't pity him. Let Igbos and the north settle their mess like they did in the 60's, it's none of your fuvcking business.

bionixs:
you see your life and that of your people. green snakes! Always standing for nothing,always on the fence. cowards

Lolz. U guys most def have another definition for d word 'coward'. Guess ur hero- ojukwu's Abidjan tour is ur definiton of bravery shey?

Soyinka who stood 4/by u and was incarcerated and General Fajuyi who stood by and was matyred for standing by/4 General Aguiyi, how have u guyz celebrated them? cheesy with insults?? Moreover, who have u guys stood for? No one!
# pot~callung~kettle~black
#our~mumu~don~do
#do~d~crime~do~d~time
#make~evrybodi~hol~hin~mama~brezz!!!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by Alariwo2: 5:04pm On Jun 25, 2017
Serves Falana right.. next time he will mind his business and stay out of igbo affairs

Let them get themselves killed, e no concern us. Diplomacy is in-born, not bought in the market

1 Like

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by Eastlink(m): 5:19pm On Jun 25, 2017
Zico5:
I agree we should go our different way but the fact is that igbo should not try to court any single land out of south south. They should limit their Biafra to that five enclave state. They should also be ready to move whatever may be their investment from north and south west. We are tired of their nonsence.
Says a Lilliputian hiding in his bedroom. Everybody is now given ultimatums. And what if ndigbo decide to add us their kinsmen entrapped in the S/S to Biafra? what will you do. Five enclave state my foot.
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by kingsclass: 5:27pm On Jun 25, 2017
ibkgab001:
There shall be war
There shall be no war,God is in control.
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 25, 2017
If they had threatened to leave when illegal bunkering was very high & Nigeria was borrowing heavily when crude sells above $100 / barrel we would have had cause to blame the Northern Youth group.
They hate Obj & Soyinka with cruel hatred. That is why I never wanted Nairaland to put them on front page.

They insisted Abacha must continue & very happy at that. If Yoruba had been given a quit notice in the North, would they have risen up to say no?

I remember the Diya coup & the Oputa panel. Looking at the unreleased June 12, 93 election result, apart from South South, the pattern of voting in the East was similar to what was witnessed in 2015.
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by Babacele: 5:50pm On Jun 25, 2017
ZKOSOSO:
All I know is that we are heading somewhere. It's obvious that we either come out of this stronger or we go our separate ways.

Restructuring will weaken the Northern Cabal.

Division will favour the South.

Keeping the Status quo ante will keep everyone down except the Cabals.
you that support the reprobates that have sustained the cabals these long. Una criminal records for Edo state, your primary constituency, is too glaring for all to see after the PDP locust years. So your new realization is fraudulently strange especially after the 2015 defeats.
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by Akumanwoke: 6:01pm On Jun 25, 2017
jericco1:
Yerima be living like a king while his followers live like pigs.

����
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by pazienza(m): 6:21pm On Jun 25, 2017
Soyinka never stood by Biafra, he came to Biafra to persuade his fellow artists ( Achebe, Okigbo) to persuade Ojukwu to stop the war and yield to Gowon and Nigeria demands.
He failed in the mission and on his way back to Nigeria, was arrested by the Nigerian government, on the suspicion that he was working for Biafrans.

Fajuyi never died for Ironsi, he was marked for death by the Northern junta for his role in serving as mentors to Nzeogwu and co during the coup planing stage as well as persuading Ironsi not to execute Nzeogwu and co, when the coup failed.

Just setting the records straight.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by hadaydhollarpo(m): 6:42pm On Jun 25, 2017
I doubt if the DSS who arrested Apostle Suleiman are still existing. Sudn't they have arrested this aboki who's has been peddling hate speech. Their swift arrest of other hate speech speakers in the past has no justification compared to this.
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by Akzik: 6:43pm On Jun 25, 2017
Interest of my people, support of my elders, who r d elders? There is no issue here to discuss. Let's wait n meet deadline n see what wil be d end result.
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by Jazzlite: 6:53pm On Jun 25, 2017
ibkgab001:

Omo Eru
Your surname I guess? Nice.
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by Marotzke(m): 6:54pm On Jun 25, 2017
VcStunner:
am impressed really on the exposition. And thanks for the enlightenment, I must say I didn't knw a few of the stuff u said up there. But u see, I really am not supporting the Kanu-type of movement. So far he has managed to re-ignite the flame, it's burning low... it's only a matter of time before someone much more respected and refined takes the lead and harmonize the course(if only the momentum continues to build) to gain international sympathy and attention. I choose not to discuss war because I know the cost and implications, which is why my post earlier stated that we are gradually getting to that point where restructuring may not calm the tide but referendum. Yet our leaders are still bent on churning out threats like any of that mattered to Yusuf Mohammed in 2009.
One more thing sir, knowing a few stuff about international politics doesn't make the rest of us ignorant so to say... we might display a little naivete same as every one else in certain occasions. Great weekend fam
definitely you are not a member of IPOB. One can really have a sound discussion with you.
Sorry for the word Ignorant, naivety or uninformed would have been a better choice.
Cheers and have a nice day.
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by Marotzke(m): 6:58pm On Jun 25, 2017
babaolofin:
If they had threatened to leave when illegal bunkering was very high & Nigeria was borrowing heavily when crude sells above $100 / barrel we would have had cause to blame the Northern Youth group.
They hate Obj & Soyinka with cruel hatred. That is why I never wanted Nairaland to put them on front page.

They insisted Abacha must continue & very happy at that. If Yoruba had been given a quit notice in the North, would they have risen up to say no?

I remember the Diya coup & the Oputa panel. Looking at the unreleased June 12, 93 election result, apart from South South, the pattern of voting in the East was similar to what was witnessed in 2015.
Abiola won 60% of Anambra votes in an election an Igbo man was vice presidential candidate of the opposing party. Grandstanding is a choice,but facts are sacred.
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by Olu317(m): 7:03pm On Jun 25, 2017
Smoothie01:
It's funny how most southwesterners use Wole Soyinka's act in the civil war as a reference point even though it was never supported by a vast majority of them.
It won't be surprising if they also make similar allusions to the likes of ffk, Fayose et al(who they've repeatedly disowned on this forum) in later years in an attempt to give a false impression (to unsuspecting neutrals) that they were "supportive" of others who never returned such "support".
So you think, wole Soyinka and Banjo were the only ones that fought for Biafra right? You are an absolute ignorant personified. So, Banjo will only rely on Ibos to fight behind him? Get a Brian. If it were Ibos only, why did Ibos loose immediately they killed Banjo? You will rot in Your hate towards Yorubas. We are matching to greatness. Yoruba rules
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by Alanzazani: 7:11pm On Jun 25, 2017
So where lies the wisdom of this proud and arrogant Yerima. How can you issue an ultimatum to all igbos? Does he think every igbo man is an ipob member? He should talk reasonably. If educated people reason this way then what will the illiterate ones do?
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by Smoothie01(f): 7:46pm On Jun 25, 2017
[quote author=Olu317 post=57835463][/quote]

What you call hate is simply the truth hitting you on the face....I couldn't even make a sense from ur entire trash of a comment...I got no tym for uncouth breeds like you....wen you want a convo, I'll be in the know.. .Till den go get some manners
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: I Have The Support Of My Elders, Yerima Replies Falana by Diademk07: 9:03pm On Jun 25, 2017
GworoChewinMaga:

Is Nairaland a Nigerian govt site?
No, it's your papa site! Better get off to your Biafra site!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ayefele: Ajimobi Said He Would Have Prevented The Demolition If We Had Begged / Our Agreement With Ondo Governor Didn’t Include Vacating Forest – Miyetti Allah / What Cost Jonathan Power In The End

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.