Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,335 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Twist Of Life - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Twist Of Life (105263 Views)

Twist Of Fate. / Twist Of Hope(a Must Read Story) / TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twist Of Life by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 30, 2017
Hakeem...Hakeem.

I don't like this guy at all, not anymore.

I used to like him until i found out that he lives a life full of pretenses. I still have no idea why people pretend to be what they are not, afterall all fingers are not equal, we all can't be billionaires.

As for Bella, girl take heart, there are better days ahead.

Son, son you are doing a great job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twist Of Life by Emperor380(m): 9:45pm On Jun 30, 2017
EvaJael:
Emperor380, I must say you're doing okay. You've been able to take corrections. Keep it up nephew. (I hope your mummy has told you that I'm her sis. I'm the most caring of her sisters)

Sorry aunt, mum never told me about you being sisters,
I guess she forgot

But not to worry I know now. Don't worry I will be a good nephew like the way Jason is to aunt Liz.

Thanks for commenting aunt.
Re: Twist Of Life by Emperor380(m): 9:50pm On Jun 30, 2017
KimberlyWest:
Hakeem...Hakeem.

I don't like this guy at all, not anymore.

I used to like him until i found out that he lives a life full of pretenses. I still have no idea why people pretend to be what they are not, afterall all fingers are not equal, we all can't be billionaires.

As for Bella, girl take heart, there are better days ahead.

Son, son you are doing a great job.

I guess u mean Khalifa mum cos he is the one living a fake life. Hakeem has been okay so far.

As for Bella,she better not allow her feelings for Edward turn her into something else.

Thank u mummy for commenting( I have the best mum in the whole world).
Re: Twist Of Life by Emperor380(m): 11:35pm On Jun 30, 2017
Cont'd

Edward walked around the school environment for some minutes searching from one faculty to another.He stopped under the shade of a tree to figure out if there was anything she was putting on that could aid him in getting her easily. He looked up with his right hand around his mouth,moving his retainers from one direction to another thinking about the way she looked that day
"Yes I remember,she was putting on a T-shirt with the acronym NASS written at the back,she must be from science department" He muttered while jumping up. He forwarded himself to science complex. He checked every lecture hall but didn't found her. He turned to live,but on turning, he saw a figure that looks like the one he saw during the weekend approaching from a distance. His heart began beating, he managed to walk toward the approaching figure before positioning himself in a point in wait for her arrival.

As she drew nearer,the rate at which his chest was beating increased. He couldn't understood what was wrong with him: he has talked to girls of high class without fear or intimidation but he was surprise at his feelings this time.

She was some steps close to him and he was sure its her now. He cleared his throat and made to stop her.
"Hi,miss....do you recognise this face ?" He managed to say with a trembling voice.

She stared at him from head to toe for some minutes, living him standing helplessly like a Christmas goat awaiting its fate.

"uhmmmm yes"she said drawing closer to him. "The guy I whose wallet fell on the ground" she ascertained.

Edward was pleased to see that she still remembered him.
"Its a shame we couldn't even introduce ourselves the other day. Am Edward from Languages department" He said building confidence and his voice clearer than before.

"Sorry I was in a hurry to deliver a message from my mum. Am Sharon,you know my department already" She replied smiling and exposing her shiny dentition.

Edward was staring staring at her that he couldn't even hear the last part of her statement. He couldn't behave himself because the feeling was strong beyond his control.

Sharon couldn't take the way his eyes were shooting at her with his mouth wide opened,he probably most have been wondering if it was an angel before him or a human. " umm I ll have to go now"Sharon announced.

He quickly closed his mouth as her words startled him."No not without your contact" He said giving her a lovely smile.

She quickly called her number while he typed on his phone and left. Edward was very excited he got to see her again, *Her contact is just the starting point" he boasted. He walked back to his friends looking happy not minding the fact that he was tired.

"Guy why are you smiling like someone who just won lotto ?" Hakeem shot at him.
"Did you found your mysterious girl " Khalifa fired.

He didn't say a word till he got to where they were sitted"At last I have seen her, guys you need to see this girl. She is the real definition of beauty".

Edward's words pierced into Bella's heart like a sword but she pretended with a fake smile.
"Bella your not saying anything" Edward said while turning to her.

"Am happy for you dude, at least you are happy and as a friend that's the least I could ever wish for u" she managed to say amidst internal pains.

Hakeem watched while she talked, he had been suspecting her to have feelings for Edward. Her behaviour ever since she found out he has found a lover has confirmed it.

2 Likes

Re: Twist Of Life by Nobody: 12:52am On Jul 01, 2017
Bella is just torturing herself unnecessarily, she should just tell Edwards jare, the girl is dulling and I ain't liking it at all.

Thumbs up dear, you are doing a wonderful job, plus your updates are consistent. Welldone.
Re: Twist Of Life by Nobody: 12:53am On Jul 01, 2017
Emperor380:

I guess u mean Khalifa mum cos he is the one living a fake life. Hakeem has been okay so far.

As for Bella,she better not allow her feelings for Edward turn her into something else.

Thank u mummy for commenting( I have the best mum in the whole world).

Sorry, Don't mind me, I've got alot on things of my mind.

Best mum in the world....Awwww..that's so sweet.
kimkardashian hope you are not jealous?
Re: Twist Of Life by Hadampson(m): 9:00am On Jul 01, 2017
EvaJael:

Hadampson lol. I don't lie o
I can see.. only God know who sabi lie pass btw you and hormobolanle
Re: Twist Of Life by Emperor380(m): 10:46am On Jul 01, 2017
KimberlyWest:
Bella is just torturing herself unnecessarily, she should just tell Edwards jare, the girl is dulling and I ain't liking it at all.

Thumbs up dear, you are doing a wonderful job, plus your updates are consistent. Welldone.

Bella is a woman and you know women with pride, they will pretend even at the expense of their feelings

She better find a way before I ll be late
Re: Twist Of Life by Emperor380(m): 3:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
Cont'd

Bella wasn't her normal self throughout that day,lectures were very boring to her. The effect of her attitude was felt in the group,she normally lights them up with jokes, gossips,contemporary issues etc but that day was different as they walked silently back till they got to the juncture where they followed seperate roads that led to their different apartments.

She got home looking very worried and didn't said a word to any of her neighbours.

That night was really a nightmare to her. she constantly kept thinking about Edward and how to get rid of Sharon. She waver back and forth on her thoughts and at last nodded like she just came across an idea.

Edward called Sharon before sleeping that night,even through the phone his voice trembled like he was talking to some God himself.
Edward proposed a date with her the following day which she accepted after series of persuasion from Edward. They agreed to meet at Nandus the closest and most affordable bar around campus.

He still didn't slept immediately after the call,it took him series of turning,smiling and hitting his hand on the bed before he finally slept off.

The next day at school,Edward couldn't wait for lectures to finish so he could go and make necessary preparations for his date. He needed to polish his shoes, iron the dress he will put on and perform other minor tasks.

Lectures finally finished for the day. Edward didn't even waited to walk with his friends that day, he just got out of the lecture hall and off he went.

He had already gotten home and was through with all arrangements. He was already dressed up on the new Shirt he bought days ago with a blue jeans putting on a pair of red coloured shoes which marched with the shirt he wore.
Within .minutes ,he was in the bar waiting.He didn't waited for long before Sharon arrived.
Her looks really got Edward scared,she was perfectly dressed on a pink and expensive looking gown,her dimples showing very clear now that she is without make up, she was really looking beautiful.

Edward sat silently watching her with his mouth widely opened as it usually is whenever he was shocked. She walked straight to the empty sit that stood at the other side of the table where Edward sat.

"What do I thing am doing ?,I should have known from the beginning that she is not my class. She probably must be the daughter of a rich man and must have seen men of good fortune than me" Edward kept muttering as fear took over him and his self esteem was almost at a zero level.

"Will you welcome me and stop staring at me like you ve seen a ghost" Sharon said with her angelic voice echoing into his ears.
"Pardon my manners, I am just shocked at the figure before me.Perhaps angels now live on earth."

"will you please order and stop flattering around?" she replied trying to hold back the smile produced from Edwards' comment on her looks.

Before long,they had ordered and were eating very slowly especially Edward who managed to get a hold of his attitude of rushing his food.They got talking with there eyes locked up on each other's. "You know fate has a way of joining people. I must say you were sent to my life just when I needed you must" Edward said getting emotional.

She smiled gazing at his looks. "this guy is really handsome,I won't have to think twice if he should ask me out" She thought.
She had already fallen for him as expected. Which girl will turn down a guy like Edward ?.He is too kind and handsome for that.

They continued their conversations laughing at intervals. Edward checked on his time and it was getting late. It was time to hit the nail on the head by revealing how he really feels about her.

"I don't mean to shock you this early Sharon but I must confessed I tried suppressing it but I just can't, this is the first time I ever felt this way. Ever since you helped me out the other day,I haven't been myself, my life has been divided into two phases shared by you and i. I lost concentration on the things happening around me except on you. You must not say a word now if you are not ready,I am willing to wait till you are".He paused after a five minute talking.

Sharon was already trembling before he concluded his speech. It would have giving him a reply that instance but on a second thought,decided against it so she won't look desperate"Edward I have heard all you said, but issues like this require time as relationship isn't something one should rush into. Besides I will need some we just met days ago and don't have a deep insight on each other" She replied giving him a let me think about it look.

Edward didn't argue with her after all she was right . They continued sipping their drinks staring at each other without blinking.
Sharon announced that she needed to live and Edward wasted no time in standing up. He gave her a light peg on her chicks before they left.

1 Like

Re: Twist Of Life by gtin(m): 4:15pm On Jul 01, 2017
Girls can pretend for African oh, imagine Sharon that is in love still keeping Edward on pending
Re: Twist Of Life by EvaJael(f): 4:17pm On Jul 01, 2017
Emperor380:

Bella is a woman and you know women with pride, they will pretend even at the expense of their feelings

She better find a way before I ll be late
Is Edward the only guy on the planet? I can't kill myself untop guy o
Re: Twist Of Life by Emperor380(m): 6:20pm On Jul 01, 2017
gtin:
Girls can pretend for African oh, imagine Sharon that is in love still keeping Edward on pending
Lol don't mind her she is just forming hard to get:
You know women nw its in their blood to do that no matter hw they feel abt u

Anyway thanks for commenting
Re: Twist Of Life by Emperor380(m): 6:24pm On Jul 01, 2017
EvaJael:

Is Edward the only guy on the planet? I can't kill myself untop guy o

Aunt...guys like Edward are rare so she probably most have notice that...
Re: Twist Of Life by Emperor380(m): 6:33pm On Jul 01, 2017
Hello readers...just want to thank u all for reading my work.
For those of you that have been commenting,I want to assure u that ur comments are doing a great job in encouraging me.
For the ghost readers please I hail u guys a lot but do have pity so as to motivate me into putting more effort in the work.
Wish you all a very wonderful July.As for the ghost readers I hope you unghost urselves in this month.

1 Like

Re: Twist Of Life by EvaJael(f): 6:42pm On Jul 01, 2017
Emperor380:

Aunt...guys like Edward are rare so she probably most have notice that...
I agree they are rare sha but I still don't stand with her
Re: Twist Of Life by Kimkardashain(f): 10:01pm On Jul 01, 2017
nyce story u've got here dear,
Re: Twist Of Life by Emperor380(m): 6:32am On Jul 02, 2017
Kimkardashain:
nyce story u've got here dear,

Thanks aunt, and welcome
Re: Twist Of Life by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 02, 2017
Ride on!

You are doing great.

Sharon sha, can form for Africa, just say yes and let matter end, she is forming.
Mtcheew...Lemme not vex with her sha.

I just Hope Edward is not dipping his hand were it doesn't belong.
Re: Twist Of Life by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 02, 2017
happy sunday to y'all.. no longer a ghost reader
Re: Twist Of Life by Emperor380(m): 9:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
[quote author=KimberlyWest post=58048414]Ride on!

You are doing great.

Sharon sha, can form for Africa, just say yes and let matter end, she is forming.
Mtcheew...Lemme not vex with her sha.

I just Hope Edward is not dipping his hand were it doesn't belong.[/quote
Sharon is just practicing the normal women culture of "hard to get".

Thanks mum for ur regular comments. Your really encouraging me alot
Re: Twist Of Life by Emperor380(m): 9:15pm On Jul 02, 2017
martins18:
happy sunday to y'all.. no longer a ghost reader

Welcome to ur new life.. Ensure regular comments bro
Re: Twist Of Life by Emperor380(m): 2:20am On Jul 03, 2017
Cont'd

Bella was getting very ambitious and would do anything to achieve what she desires. it had not been easy watching Edward loved other girls and now that she has succeeded in transforming him,Sharon has appeared from no where to claim him. It was something Bella won't take.Considering that she was a kind of a person who will get whatever she wants no matter the cost. She always stood on her words. A practical demonstration of that is her refusal to date any guy ever since she got into the campus though it probably most have been because of her feelings towards Edward but even at that she really endured because being single in a campus isn't a feat that many people can achieve.

She had already came up with a plan and was about putting it into action. She looked for a way of causing problems between the two before it was too late.

On a Saturday afternoon, she dressed up to start preparations for her plan.She first branched at Hakeem's apartment but didn't spend much time before proceeding to Khalifa's place.

She was very surprised to find out that he was without a woman in the room as that was rare. Khalifa was a chronic flirt and luckily for him he was handsome so getting women wasn't hard for him.

He welcomed her and before long,they got talking and spend almost three hours in the room undergoing serious conversations.At last, Bella left smiling and looking like half of her problems had been solved.

Edward and Sharon were already dating. Sharon had accepted some days after they met at the bar.Edward was really in love and seemed to be happy about his new life. He was always with Sharon in the school campus and even at home. He hardly had time for his friends anymore, the only time the y got to see was in the lecture hall after which he returned to Sharon.

His friends were really amused about his behaviour. Who could have believed that Edward of all people will one day be so in love ? they kept wondering.They were even jealous of the fact that Edward only has time for Sharon and hardly notice them.

The one that got them annoyed was when the four friends went to the bar to have launch in celebration of their friendship, they had done it once and this was a second time. They were eating, drinking and most importantly gusting because that was one thing they fancied in their friendship. They can talk from morning till noon without getting tired.

They were still eating when Edward received a call from Sharon asking him to come immediately because she needed to talk to him about something. He didn't had a second thought before making up his mind to live. His friends were very upset about that especially Bella who ordinarily gets upset whenever Sharon's name was been mentioned not to talk of this.

Hakeem was the only one who seemed to have understood Edward while Khalifa seemed not to understand. Bella's case was the worst among them.
Re: Twist Of Life by Emperor380(m): 2:52am On Jul 03, 2017
Semester examination was fast approaching, Edwards love for Sharon heightened by the day while Bella planned on her mission.

Bella couldn't wait any longer, that was the time to strike. They had just concluded lectures and Edward was about going to Sharon's department to wait for her before he got stopped by Bella who looked very alright without any anger or worry. "Edward where are you heading to ?" she asked pretending she didn't know. "Am going to see my angel as usual now" he said with smiles written all over his face. Hmmmm love birds, you know you guys looks wonderful together and as a friend I am inviting you for dinner at Nandus" she said faking a smile.
"You know you are really a sweetheart,if you were a man you'd be my best man.Thank you very much and we will be there"Edward excitedly thanked her kind gesture

She gave him a very wicked smile like before bidding him goodbye.

Edward informed his bae not to prepare dinner because they would be having dinner at the bar.A date sponsored by Bella.

Sharon was very pleased by what she was told. " you really have a good and caring friend in Bella, there type are not easily seen nowadays".
"I don't really know how to thank her for all she has done to me,sometimes I wonder if I deserve some one like her as a friend'.Edward praised.

They kept talking about Edward"s friends while going home.

Later that same day,Edward called Sharon to go over so they could walk together likeva couple. He wsd very proud of his girlfriend and loved to be seen with her.She came within a short period of time looking beautiful as always. Edward couldn't stop staring at her like it was the first time he saw her. They walked majestically to the not distant bar and by the time they got there,Bella was already waiting for them.

1 Like

Re: Twist Of Life by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 03, 2017
Emperor380:

Welcome to ur new life.. Ensure regular comments bro
no problem, to u also. .ensure regular update.
Re: Twist Of Life by Emperor380(m): 3:16pm On Jul 03, 2017
martins18:
no problem, to u also. .ensure regular update.

OK sure...but pls invite more readers,am new and don't know many names here
Re: Twist Of Life by Jane1234f(f): 10:24pm On Jul 03, 2017
Emperor380,I noticed some things, your use of present and past tense are not correct, you use past tense where you are supposed to use present tense(eg.walked instead of walk) and you misplace words too,always try to proof read before posting,also I noticed repetition of words, try and work on them please
Re: Twist Of Life by Nobody: 5:55am On Jul 04, 2017
Queenitee, come and see a jealous girlfriend o.
Bella, Bella, Bella. How many times did I call you? Go and look for another guy!
Good job Emperor.

1 Like

Re: Twist Of Life by EvaJael(f): 6:08am On Jul 04, 2017
Bella is quite annoying. It's her type that disgrace womanhood everywhere she goes
Re: Twist Of Life by Emperor380(m): 8:07am On Jul 04, 2017
Jane1234f:
Emperor380,I noticed some things, your use of present and past tense are not correct, you use past tense where you are supposed to use present tense(eg.walked instead of walk) and you misplace words too,always try to proof read before posting,also I noticed repetition of words, try and work on them please

Thankz jane123… I will try and work on my mistakes,and will make sure to read every post before posting... Thanks very much miss

1 Like

Re: Twist Of Life by Emperor380(m): 8:11am On Jul 04, 2017
EvaJael:
Bella is quite annoying. It's her type that disgrace womanhood everywhere she goes

Aunt,its not her fault, u might do same if ur in her shoes.
She waited for too long and just when her dreams were finally coming through, Sharon came into the picture.
Re: Twist Of Life by Emperor380(m): 8:13am On Jul 04, 2017
[quote author=KimberlyWest post=58101852]Queenitee, come and see a jealous girlfriend o.

Bella, Bella, Bella.
How many times did I call you?
Go and look for another guy!

Good job Emperor.[/quote.
Thank you mummy. Don't mind Bella, She is helplessly in love
Re: Twist Of Life by Emperor380(m): 12:27pm On Jul 04, 2017
Cont'd

Bella sat quietly in wait for the lovers to arrive. She constantly kept her eyes locked on the entrance of the bar. She would look at every couple that came into the bar from head to toe level but each time she did, she will discover its not them. "what is the meaning of this, Its twenty minutes after our fixed time and they are not here yet ? I think I should call them"

Bella was about bringing her phone out when the sound of the wooden door as it opened interrupted her.She checked at the door once again and finally heaved a Singh of relieved "Thank goodness" she muttered.

They walked to the table where Bella was and rested on the already arranged chairs facing the table. Edward's favourite had already been served and waiting to be devoured. on the other side of the table were drinks and two plates of jollof rice also waiting. Bella had already ordered.

"Bel am really sorry for keeping you waiting, my angel here needed time in other to be this beautiful as you can see. We didn't mean to be this far behind schedule." Edward pleaded.
"I understand Edward, she looks very pretty and worth all the time wasted" she fainted a smile.
"I told you she won't be upset" Edward said now facing Sharon who was waiting for the two friends to give her a chance to chip in something.

"Am Sharon, Edward's girlfriend" she said stretching her hand for a shake.

"Oh I see, its no surprise that Edward can't get his eyes off you. Your beauty says it all" Bella replied while shaking Sharon.
"You must be Bella the friend he has been telling me of"

"Yes we met since our first year, we ve been inseparable not until you came" Bella said with humour.

Sharon smiled and was about saying something when Edward interrupted"Will you girls stop talking and start eating already?" He was already hungry and the aroma of the food before him was already disturbing.

They nodded in agreement to start eating. They ate the food very slowly but one could tell that Edward didn't enjoyed the pace at which they ate, he preferred rushing it as he does when he is alone or with his friends.

Bella ate with her attention on Sharon, her looks where clear that she had ill plans against the innocent looking Sharon. "You are a very kind looking girl, you seem innocent too. I will have love to be your friend if not for your mistake of falling in love with Edward. Because of this mistake, those innocent eyes of yours will soon be flooding with tears".Bella was still thinking and staring at Sharon when Edward tapped her. "You are not eating your food Bel".
"Oh sorry I....." she was still searching for the word to complete her statement before Edward snapped in "you were staring at my angel, actually I expected that because her beauty is out of this world"
Bella was really upset inward on how Edward boasted about Sharon's beauty like she is the beauty goddess.

They kept talking about different subjects and laughing genuinely except for Bella who always faked it.
They where still talking when a handsomely dressed young man appeared before them looking angry and facing Sharon.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) / Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! / A New Creation. (A Story By Donkross1 And Oyinprince)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.