Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,632 members, 7,813,088 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! (40321 Views)

7 Most Important Bro Code Every Guy Should Never Break! / 20 Bro Code Every Guy Should Know And No Lady Should. / The "Bro Code" Every Guy Should Know And Hide From Ladies! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 28, 2017
Daeylar:

You really got what the op was trying to say.
I'm glad you did as well. wink
Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by RexEmmyGee: 12:21pm On Jun 28, 2017
You're broke and you are talking About sense of dressing. Or are cloth now free in Nigeria??
Anyway nice writeup. You hit the nail in the head

1 Like

Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2017
Curvinus:

I'm talking about the majority here, not some delusional and hilariously misguided exception to the rule.
The MAJORITY? Tell me about your adventures. I'm passionately interested in the result of your SURVEYS. grin
Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by Fhowe: 12:26pm On Jun 28, 2017
OP IF YOU REALLY LOVE SOMEONE AND WANT TO BE WITH THEM I BELIEVE WHEN YOU GUYS ARE STILL SINGLE AND DATING YOU CAN FIX THEM UP TO BE THE TYPE OF MAN OR WOMAN YOU WANT THEM TO BE IF THE PERSON IS WILLING SO ALL WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS MEANINGLESS.OP DO YOU WANT TO SAY YOU HAVE NOT SEEN OR LIKED GUYS THAT ARE BELOW YOUR STANDARDS BUT YOU JUST LIKE THEM NATURALLY ,I HAVE SEEN GIRLS THAT I LIKE NATURALLY THAT FALL BELOW STANDARD BUT LOVE CONQUERS ALL IF YOU REALLY WANT TO BE WITH THAT PERSON YOU LOWER YOURSELF TO THEIR STANDARD AND TEACH THEM GRADUALLY.THAT IS WHAT LOVE IS ALL ABOUT

1 Like

Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by castel428: 12:26pm On Jun 28, 2017
Partnerbiz3:
Bunch of baloney and codswallop. Since attaining majority I have stopped reading motivational talks and have embraced reality. It's only a motivational speakers that will encourage a blind man to become a taxi driver by telling him that he has no lmitations.

You are talking about confidence, nothing gives a man confidence like money. Confidence doesn't come from nothing. It must come from something, it could be intelligence, talents etc. But money is the most important.

You said girls were falling in love with you as a broke ass nigga. I wouldn't doubt it because girls have levels.

Again, there is nothing like love. Life is parasitic and capitalistic. Everybody is looking for what he or she will gain.
That's why you easily" love "a beautiful girl. The same principle makes it easier to love a rich dude.

If love were there, why are the handicapped not loved easily.?
What prevents a rich dude from marrying a handicapped ugly girl?

Or what prevents a beautiful woman from opting for a broke ass ugly man.

It's all business. It's all about what each party will gain. It's just a contract and nothing more.

A man wants a woman he can flaunt and brag about. A woman wants same and it's better if he has money too. With that she can drive cool cars and brag in their meeting with other women.

I repeat it's all business. Are you saying that as beautiful as Iara Oshiomhole is, and as a flight attendant that there was no guy with six packs toasting her?
Why did she settle for Oshiomhole? Is it love? Not at all.
It's business. She has seen what she will gain from an ugly governor that a handsome broke dude will not offer her.

This summarises everything. End of discussion
Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by solonazzy: 12:27pm On Jun 28, 2017
Odunharry:
solonazzy longest time..
harry himself.....i just dey lowkey ooo
Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by positivelord: 12:29pm On Jun 28, 2017
When you are BROKE , you are BROKE. You should be sober and constantly try to brain-storm your way out. Going out to chic a girl at that trial time is an unnecessary pressure.
Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by Nyckeh: 12:32pm On Jun 28, 2017
I have been seeing write-ups abt broke guys and I just wonder what the definition of Broke is undecided . To me, no one is broke, we all can't be same (in riches) everyone (both guys n ladies) just need to cut their coats according to the materials available
Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by PastorAji(m): 12:33pm On Jun 28, 2017
hmmm o ga o
Lemme share mine.
I did a temporary job with an NGO late last year with a guy i worked with (he works currently with CRS). When the project ended HE WENT HIATUS. even this last holiday when I went home and I called him, he said that he was in Akure. If a brother can do this, how much and GREATER MORE when a lady fvvvck you up SILLY
HIPROFILE:

Bro all I wrote up there is also born outta personal experience. I used to feel so devastated that the day I stumbled on one JOE BADASS song DEVASTATED, I made it my best track on continual replay..

My case is that I used to have money..I mean I was balling but something happened along the line.and this particular situation is the worst of it bros as junior dudes who used to call me boss when the going was rosy now resort to insulting me sarcastically and my guys would rub it to my face through their attitudes reminding me that em a broke ass... I broke into tears the day a lady...... infact forget it. It was at this point I clearly understood the meaning of frustration and depression. bro jast keep pushing dant ever give up...insha Allah you/we will make it. I am a testimony today and I bless God for allowing me pass through all cos it made me wiser and stronger.
Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by Safiaa(f): 12:33pm On Jun 28, 2017
I like how the men are being honest with themselves. Some girls on here are being delusional for likes of course * sighs*. Generally a good thread.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by daredreman(m): 12:34pm On Jun 28, 2017
Evaberry:

A broke man is a broke man
leave all this nonsense alone
The worst disease in this life is poverty and I pity the soul of anyman that's broke

in my opinion broke men should be castrated or thrown to the dogs

Okay... That's another very to the matter.
Anyone else?
Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 28, 2017
pocohantas:
I have to agree with you on this.

I noticed the so called broke guys do lots of emotional blackmail. Once you reject them, they feel it's because of their financial state.

I know broke guys that are dating very gooid-looking girls just by their sense of humour...lots of our Nigerian comedians are perfect examples. Back then in school, there were guys that had girls flocking around them because they were intelligent.

All this money talk is just consolation for guys who have no wow factor. I am not surprised though, the average Nigerian man only knows how to use money to get a woman, later they will wonder why the woman cheated with a broke guy. They will end up saying women are confused, instead of facing the reality...it goes beyond money for lots of women.

Yes, financial security is important, but what if it's no more there tomorrow. You mean there is nothing else you can offer your woman or be remembered for?
thank you , most of them use broke to hide behind their poor sense of judgement and infectious sadistic attitude. Money can bring happiness but a man with a terrible personality will zap that happiness as quickly as it comes

2 Likes

Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by PastorAji(m): 12:35pm On Jun 28, 2017
Partnerbiz3

Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 28, 2017
Partnerbiz3:
Bunch of baloney and codswallop. Since attaining majority I have stopped reading motivational talks and have embraced reality. It's only a motivational speakers that will encourage a blind man to become a taxi driver by telling him that he has no lmitations.

You are talking about confidence, nothing gives a man confidence like money. Confidence doesn't come from nothing. It must come from something, it could be intelligence, talents etc. But money is the most important.

You said girls were falling in love with you as a broke ass nigga. I wouldn't doubt it because girls have levels.

Again, there is nothing like love. Life is parasitic and capitalistic. Everybody is looking for what he or she will gain.
That's why you easily" love "a beautiful girl. The same principle makes it easier to love a rich dude.

If love were there, why are the handicapped not loved easily.?
What prevents a rich dude from marrying a handicapped ugly girl?

Or what prevents a beautiful woman from opting for a broke ass ugly man.

It's all business. It's all about what each party will gain. It's just a contract and nothing more.

A man wants a woman he can flaunt and brag about. A woman wants same and it's better if he has money too. With that she can drive cool cars and brag in their meeting with other women.

I repeat it's all business. Are you saying that as beautiful as Iara Oshiomhole is, and as a flight attendant that there was no guy with six packs toasting her?
Why did she settle for Oshiomhole? Is it love? Not at all.
It's business. She has seen what she will gain from an ugly governor that a handsome broke dude will not offer her.
Dang! May I call you a spastic? The dark and grim prism through which you view humanity and choose to define human nature with such a twisted ring to it is one of the most grotesque and shocking I've encountered so far. Remarkable negativity malevolently decorated with offensive coldness. Chai! I can never wear your kind of goggles. They'll distort the visions of even divinities. Sorry bro. You need to "stop reading those books". And make sure you "dispose of that suit too". Then, I'll gladly dash you one of my caps of rationality. Richard Dawkin's The Selfish Gene must be your Holy Bible. grin
Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by shevy878: 12:51pm On Jun 28, 2017
I have had reports from some Nigerian men looking to marry, that were serially scammed by women of cash etc. Not all women are saints.
Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by pocohantas(f): 12:53pm On Jun 28, 2017
frenzyduchess:
thank you , most of them use broke to hide behind their poor sense of judgement and infectious sadistic attitude. Money can bring happiness but a man with a terrible personality will zap that happiness as quickly as it comes
LOL...you can't even have rest of mind with some of them because everything will result in emotional blackmail. The rich guys too na another case, lots of them will never agree you love them sincerely, they will keep thinking it's about their money.

I just strike a balance in my dealings with these creatures called men.

3 Likes

Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 28, 2017
pocohantas:

LOL...you can't even have rest of mind with some of them because everything will result in emotional blackmail. The rich guys too na another case, lots of them will never agree you love them sincerely, they will keep thinking it's about their money.

I just strike a balance in my dealings with these creatures called men.
abi o, rich or broke they all have their own wahala
Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by VanBommel(m): 1:08pm On Jun 28, 2017
Evaberry:

A broke man is a broke man
leave all this nonsense alone
The worst disease in this life is poverty and I pity the soul of anyman that's broke

in my opinion broke men should be castrated or thrown to the dogs
I know that your dad was thrown to the dogs that's why you're bitter tongue
Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by ivolt: 1:08pm On Jun 28, 2017
Vaxt:
See this
op
suffer don confuse ur mentality, let me tell u if u re dirty even without bathing n u have a house and a good car trust u don't need to have problem getting a female, and finally, I don't know the country u posted this wrong cold poo from but in my country Nigeria money is everything don't argue with it op, wakeup op go n hustle.

If that is the case why are some broke men complaining of being rejected
instead of facing their hustling ?
Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by Neldrizzy(m): 1:10pm On Jun 28, 2017
Money Na the koko, all this ones Na just compliment wey the money go bring.

Just go and die if you're broke.
Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 28, 2017
If he could make a woman laugh, the kind of person you'd want to talk to when you've had a bad day, can hold a conversation and his long term goals are really smart and feasible... I wouldn't consider him broke even if he is.

Personality counts a whole lot...well, to a woman like me.

2 Likes

Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by fuckjesus(m): 1:12pm On Jun 28, 2017
Curvinus:
Crap. If your not handsome and you don't have money to compensate, end of discussion. Confidence comes from experience of previous success, not some mysterious self delusion. Again personality means fart to men and women if you don't have the good genes to get you noticed in the first place. Would you date an ugly midget because she is confident or has a good personality?
you write your point as if there aren't not good looking people who do not have partners or date as well.
Beauty is a subjective attribute.. no matter how ugly you think someone is there is a person out there that would admire and accept you for whom you are. Appearance is not everything.
Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 28, 2017
When they like calling ladies that doesn't reply their pms or call them broke a hoe, what goes around comes around
Akalia:
Why can't you ops just let broke guys be. every time broke guys this; broke guys that, haba!
Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by Vaxt(m): 1:15pm On Jun 28, 2017
ivolt:

If that is the case why are some broke men complaining of being rejected instead of facing their hustling ?
pls ask them
Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by ipodstinks: 1:15pm On Jun 28, 2017
Buchi95:
Broke Nigerian men keep complaining that women reject them because of their lack of financial ability. This self pitying consoling thought line is always sold by these men to compensate their poor ego, but that's not usually the case. It's not always because of being broke. Sometimes, maybe, most times.

Now, here's the reality.
We always assume that every women rejects a man because he's just broke.
This makes us ignore the possibilities of other inadequacy that could be a deal breaker in men.

Money is not all. In fact, it's a myth that women are after money. A lot of broke dudes still fall in love and get married.
So?

There's something these rejections are about that is far from money.

Cool, you don't have money.

How about your confidence?
Your self esteem?
Do you exude low self esteem and talk out of pity?
How intelligent and engaging are you?
Can you make intelligent conversations and brainstorm with a woman?
Do you have a vision?
A feasible and promising vision you're relentlessly pursuing?
How's your sense of humour like?
How's your sense of dressing?
We know you have cheap few clothes as a broke dude, but how do you use and combine the ones you have?
How romantic are you?
How clean are you?
What are your values like?

A lot of broke young men are nil when it comes to these aforementioned questions, so when they hit rejection from a female, they rant, they cry, ‘Its because I am broke..’
‘Women love money .’

No bro.
You're your problem.
You lack money.
What else do you have.
Or is money now the essence of your person?

See, I keep saying it, Money doesn't make a man. Most times it's low self esteemed men that flaunt money to attract women; they use money to cover up their inadequacies.
Take away money from them, nothing is left.

Poor souls.

Y'all broke guys should go back and build yourself, nah, I don't mean financially.
Go check your confidence, intelligence, humor, resourcefulness, maturity, focus, etc.

Go check all of these.
Many times you're rejected for something far from your broke state.

Ain't meaning to brag sha..
But pre-rich me, women be falling in love with me anyhow. Lol.
I don't have money, so I keep wondering when they say women love money. It's not always about it.

Yea, women love money but it's not the way we make it be.

Broke dude, go fix yourself.
Aside financial inadequacy, there might be lots of inadequacies you have. ��

Kindly SHARE!

Solomon Buchi Bartholomew
Life Coach/Motivational Speaker

Trash. I mean trash. Money is everything oga, all this your epistle is consolation for being broke. Only broke guys think this way. You have not written down anything sensible. it is just like ugly lady talking about inner beauty as if men carry X-rays around.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by Faramide(m): 1:16pm On Jun 28, 2017
U.S. Visa for family.. pay after visa is given. send a mail to onaona25@YAHOO.COM
Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by ipodstinks: 1:20pm On Jun 28, 2017
funmisticqueen:
When they like calling ladies that doesn't reply their pms or call them broke a hoe, what goes around comes around
What is annoying me is that ugly butches to will be feeling important as if, if broke guy becomes rich, he will go for them. Ugly butch shouldn't have hope that a broke guy cares about her, he's only dating her base on his level.
Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by Akalia(m): 1:21pm On Jun 28, 2017
funmisticqueen:
Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by Bellajohnson: 1:33pm On Jun 28, 2017
We are recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title: Secretary

Job Brief
Administrative staff is the one who performs a variety of administrative and clerical duties necessary to run the organization. She organizes and maintains paper and electronic files, deals with paperwork and office organization.
She answers phone calls, field questions in areas in which she has the expertise to speak and forwards other to the correct personnel.
An administrative staff writes and sends letters to persons working both in-house and out of the company.
Requirements
Proven work experience as a Secretary or Administrative Assistant
Familiarity with office organization and optimization techniques
High degree of multi-tasking and time management capability
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Integrity and professionalism
Proficiency in MS Office
Must reside within Isheri, Igando, Ikotun or Egbeda axes
Must be a Female
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2017.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: info@olabimevents.com
Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by agitator: 1:46pm On Jun 28, 2017
majorbravo:
OP women are primodially Hypergamous in nature. See my thread: https://www.nairaland.com/3110907/hypergamy-briffaults-law-women-primodially

Now about this topic, you gotta focus on two things:
1. Women love to be entertained. (The person who designed Barbie fantasy world for girls probably saw this too)
2. Women don't care how you are able to provide entertainment, they just want to be entertained. (Call it living in a fantasy world)

You may feel you have all the girls at your beck and call even though you are broke, but first off, you have to realise what being broke truly means. Being temporary out of funds isn't the same thing as broke. Let's say Andy gets paid every month but at some point he used up all his money to change his wardrobe. Andy would get more attention from women than Barry who wears one shirt everyday cos he is saving his money for a house and perhaps a comfortable vacation for his future family when he gets married.

But the Irony is, women would find Andy more desirable even though he is broke, because he externally appears to have his life on check while Barry doesn't seem to. But when it comes to marriage, women would pick Barry over Andy any day. The only issue women have is that most of them are not proactive enough to investigate the men they get married to.

Most women associate wealth with what men show them not what the men really have. That's why the divorce rate these days seem widespread, because in marriage they get to find out that the 'hushpuppi doppel ganger' husband they married used all his cash to impress girls with a fancy wardrobe designed by gucci and versace, but really he has a bank account reading in negative and can't even afford every day family needs.

Also, the African family training put all the financial responsibility on the guy. There are instances of women earning more than the husband but by the African culture it is seen as begging the man for them to support the man.

Secondly, most women who are richer, with fewer responsibilities are used to and prefer expensive accessories, which the man may not be able to afford to the added bills. So anytime he buys gifts for her which she see as below her status, they show no sign of appreciation. Meanwhile she will insist he buys her a gift which he can't afford, and it is translated to mean he does not love her enough. undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!! by Xerox01(m): 1:47pm On Jun 28, 2017
gabazin080:
i didnt read that long epistle. but what i know is that broke guys shouldnt date.

make money first and see girls running after u
Then you need to read it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Gives Me Money & Foodstuff From Her Mum's Shop For Free; Help Pls! / Few Reasons Why Girls Are Being Used And Dumped. / See Ten (10) Things To Check While Choosing A Husband In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.