Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,431 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra (20484 Views)

Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness / Almajiri System Has Contributed To Backwardness In North-east—lawmaker / Charly Boy Pictured With Nnamdi Kanu And Other Defendants At FHC, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by edochie12: 3:06am On Jun 30, 2017
u people will just stay at ur comfort zone to write rubbish,i am residing at nkpor anambra state,majority of people here are already protesting no election in anambra state

5 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by Kellibae(f): 3:07am On Jun 30, 2017
cjrane:

Sit at home for Presidential elections not when there is one slim hope of enthroning a working Igboman to atleast keep things afloat in Anambra Biafraland. Or is Anambra not part of Biafra? why would you wish it death then? I can tell you that Igbos will disobey. On 30th we were mourning our dead and since the zoo army likes to shoot innocent Biafrans protesting peacefully, we had no choice but stay home to protest. Now you are asking us to throw away a performing Biafran from Government house Awka and replace him with a Fulani sole administrator? Only an APC afonja can make such silly suggestion.....and i can assure you that it will fail.

I am an IPOB member, you can check my previous posts if you like, but this is a silly order. I intend not just to disobey it, i will mobilize everyone that i recruited to disregard it and tell people they have recruited to do the same.

Lol thats myopic.. thete is no way they will install a fulani governor to rule igboland.. its not done
It will be an igbo man from the people dat contested.

By the way the onr u voted in "obiano".
How far with him?.
Was he not the same person that odered the killin of the youths by nigerian army?.
Bcoz of peacful protest?. undecided HIS BROTHERS.

if he like he can built mansions and sky scrapers everywhre...
Its better to live in mud house and protect the lives of people u ar ruling than turn anambra to london and still kill ur people.

U see Thats d problem we igbos hav.. DISUNITY that people keep talkin abt i think they ar right somehow..
Just imagin the little progress Kanu is making in gettin the world's attention. Yet some people like u wana frustrate it. SMH.
Who has done this us?

6 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by gartamanta: 6:16am On Jun 30, 2017
Afam4eva:
I will keep saying that the call by Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB for disintegration does not contravene any known laws so should not be treated as a criminal case. Even though i have reservations about some of his choice of words, especially in the past, i think what he is doing is a germaine attempt to rile the government of the day to take Ndigbo seriously.

However, i'm disturbed by his recent statement that if Biafra is not given a referendum, that elections will not hold in Igboland, starting with the Anambra elections that comes up in November. While i know him and his group will pull something simila to the successful sit-at-home order, which in itself is within their rights and also does ot contravene any laws, i think if he goes ahead with his threat, we may taking Anambr state and Igboland back to the dark ages. Because it might give some people who have no business being in government taking over government because the electorates did not come out to vote.

We may not be whre we want to be but the Anambra state government starting from Peter Obi now to Obiano have made some leap which we're hoping that future governors will consolidate on.

So, i want every right thinking Igbo man to condemn Kanu's statement and i appeal to him to withdraw his statement.

I support his election boycott call as an Anambra man. If we are serious about getting Biafra, we have to start a non violent revolution in Nigeria that will shake the polity. When politicians in the SE/SS realise they can be thrown out of office by election boycott, they will sit up and take Biafra seriously. When the federal govt realises that people are disengaging from politics, they will sit up.

We cannot be saying that we want change but we keep doing the same thing over and over again. It is time for us all to disengage from the political process of Nigeria.

This talk that it will take Igbos back is laughable. Igbo will always be taken backwards until the leave Nigeria

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 30, 2017
adadike281:
OK, but u can vote for any candidate of your choice. secondly, what would u like obiano to do for u guys coz I believe his stooges are on nairaland, they will convene it to him. he is d gov of d whole state and should carry everyone along
but he is not carring everybody along...most roads in ozubulu is dead trap...d last time I went to Onitsha at ose okwu odu(ose market)...d road that leads to the market is a dead trap....he may be working in his senotraian district but he has not done anything to warrant a second tenure from us Esp those of us from Anambra south...I rest my case here..most of the companies here are owned by private individuals...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by baralatie(m): 5:28pm On Jun 30, 2017
edochie12:
u people will just stay at ur comfort zone to write rubbish,i am residing at nkpor anambra state,majority of people here are already protesting no election in anambra state
no worry nah
make election day and anambra people should totally refuse to cast that vote if na only one person vote counts then anambra should live with the outcome

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by amachuk(m): 6:06pm On Jun 30, 2017
[quote author=NwaNimo1 post=57968415]Advantage APC.,......divide and conquer,[/quoteAs if we care about who takes over, if they like let Nazis party take over, IPOB will serve them hot pepe soup.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by amachuk(m): 6:12pm On Jun 30, 2017
adadike281:
me, my family and my group will vote. I have spoken to lots of people and many have changed their mind and will vote in November. Tomorrow, I will call my people at ihiala and ozubulu and speak to them on d importance of voting dis Nov. Everyone of us cannot be kanu's ass lickers
Good luck to you, go on and call even your dead relatives, but come November you will be shocked at what will happen, Anambra will freeze under Igbos command.

6 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by baralatie(m): 6:39pm On Jun 30, 2017
[quote author=amachuk post=57994619][/quote]
exactly ipob will either go to court against the elected officials or take up arms against the state govt.and game set and it is bye bye anambra
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by IAMMUIC: 7:09pm On Jun 30, 2017
My name is Macquis Udochukwu and I'm Igbo by ethnicity. I was born and brought up in lagos, in other words I've been in Lagos all my life. So also my parents. My parents have invested so much in Lagos, and telling them to leave behind all their investments and properties behind and move over to the region Biafra really doesn't settle well with me. Igbos Keep complaining about them being marginalized, but are they the only ones who have been marginalized in Nigeria?

I recently stumbled on an article where the so-called Messiah of the igbos Nnamdi Kanu openly declared his plans to bring Nigeria to ruins, a threat he plans to carry out by making sure no president emerges in 2019. According to him, all Biafran states will boycott the 2019 presidential election.

One thing I know for certain is that the only thing that can separate Nigeria is war. Another Civil war! It was also the case with Sudan and other countries that suffered secession as we all know it. What really happened in Sudan? After South Sudan had gotten the much desired freedom, was there ever peace within their walls? If at all the goal of Nnamdi Kanu and a handful of igbos are achieved, will Biafra ever be a nation of peace, stability and prosperity?

Truth is, the problem with Nigeria isn't Nigeria, a particular set of tribe or people, it is man himself. Man by nature is corrupt as we all know, Nnamdi Kanu himself isn't free corruption or human flaws. He too would disappoint as many as put their trust in him. We live in a flawed world overflowing with flawed men, igbos and every other tribe should understand this and live with it. Biafra is not going to be heaven or Canaan land as some are programmed to believe. There would be problems, such as we're currently experiencing in Nigeria.

I'm not comfortable with Nnamdi saying things on behalf of the entire Igbo nation as though he speaks for the entire Igbo nation. Let a poll be conducted to decide which Igbos are in support of Nnamdi's selfish action and those not in support. This would go a long way to correct the impression that all igbos are in full support of his actions. By the way, I wonder how Biafra would survive without the support of the Niger Delta region.

As Nigerians let us be wise and not be a gullible people. Let us not act like lower animals-the likes of cows and sheep, programmed to never think, but just follow anyone who leads them not minding the credibility or motif of the said shepherd.

God bless Nigeria and those dwelling within her walls!

https://www.nairaland.com/3891312/nnamdi-kanu-threat-peaceful-existence

11 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by modik(m): 7:16pm On Jun 30, 2017
edochie12:

The comments I met on the streets in favor of "No elections in Biafra Land cum Anambra State" baffled me to say the least!.

Those who have contrary view are negligibly few.

Time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 30, 2017
Mynd44:

Me hate? Looool.

But then again, we can actually pull out post to support your tribal bigotry and sturvs.

Oh, do I need to remind you that not vocally supporting insanity does not mean you were against it. It could have just meant you didn't want to be associated with such filth.

Anyway, enjoy the madness Nnamdi Kanu brings, y'all through your action/inaction made him larger than life.

Make I go sleep abeg

Not just hate but hatred with passion, If Nairaland Ban Button was Bullet you would have killed anything IGBO in this forum, I understand you as a yoruba Muslim, the hatred on Igbos is more in the gene than an average Yoruba man.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by Mynd44: 7:52pm On Jun 30, 2017
GreatSE:

Not just hate but hatred with passion, If Nairaland Ban Button was Bullet you would have killed anything IGBO in this forum, I understand you as a yoruba Muslim, the hatred on Igbos is more in the gene than an average Yoruba man.

Too much ignorance in this post.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by ugochukwufrenzy: 9:20pm On Jun 30, 2017
whitebeard:
"Why asnt KANU been rearrested for flouting bail conditions". " why asnt any arewa been arrested for their treacherous statement "..

..I hate when the government turns our country into a football field and they play games with the people.
which government...-s it d one led by d ugu in london?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by mirabel001(f): 9:22pm On Jun 30, 2017
everybody wanna write rubbish abt biafra coz they knw it wil get to fp.....nofin can stop nk....its too late

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by Abfinest007(m): 9:23pm On Jun 30, 2017
bcus sit at home order was successful doesn't mean no election order will b successful bcus pple must surely vote for a new criminal to come on board

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by peter0071(m): 9:24pm On Jun 30, 2017
We have a president who is sick...and an acting president who is doing his possible best to keep us together...the least we can do is to encourage and pray for them....
vanbonattel:

Do we still have a president?

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by prettyboi1(m): 9:26pm On Jun 30, 2017
CutieGuy:
My brother ..
One of my friend was killed in nkpor onitsha.
And the painful part of it is that'this same obiano denied it, and as such he gave a false report to the army panel.
Where as the amnesty international has condemn vehemently the so called panel report.

APGA instead of realising there mistake and ask for forgiveness from the deceased families.
They were just hitting up the polity.

Ok today they wrote a threatening letter to nnamdi kanu to stay clear from Anambra election, as if they will be able to quench uprising from IPOB if they try nonsense with our leader.
As for me and my family, we have already concluded that none of us is going out to vote .

And if they felt that they will use force to threatened us ,then they should be ready for 70 million Igbos.
From house to house,burn fire go they showcase.
No vote na. When a useless person becomes governor & everything becomes hard for people like you in anambra, don't come and start claiming that Federal government is 'marginalizing' you people o. The way these IPOB people think is ridiculously low. WTF?

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by agadez007(m): 9:29pm On Jun 30, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu,How many times i Call you?

No bring your Madness come Anambra o

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by lincs25(m): 9:29pm On Jun 30, 2017
Educated Igbo's have sense compare to those one's that live their lives on crime. The IPOB youths should note that anything that peace doesn't solve problem will add petrol to it. They should better stop being myopic in their sight and thinking.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by prettyboi1(m): 9:33pm On Jun 30, 2017
mirabel001:
everybody wanna write rubbish abt biafra coz they knw it wil get to fp.....nofin can stop nk....its too late
See this one. You people just talk rubbish. Too late to do what? 50 years from now when you're a great grandmother, biafra will still not have come.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by KahlDrogo(m): 9:34pm On Jun 30, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I'd forgotten a phrase like WALK-OVER existed until one genius mentioned it concerning this Anambra election matter. Andy Uba, Ngige etc go just dey salivate dey pray make the boycott go on cheesy
I'm telling you. grin

Afam4eva:

If you have something to say, say it to me. The problem with Nigerians is that we want everybody to think the way we do without considering that there are social, economic, religious and educational differences between Nigerians. I have never come out to show any form of support to Kanu even though i understand his grouse with the federation. Show me any freedom fighter or a supposed hero in the past that was perfect? Is it Mandela? Ghandi? It's one thing to be conciliatory with a course being spearheaded by a person and it's another thing to call the person to order when they cross the line.

Some of come off pretending that your only concerned about Kanu and his modus operandi when in actuall fact, you just hate the air that Igbos breathe. How come Uwazuruike that was very subtle and gentlemanly in his disposition was thrown into jail even though he towed the path that some people are advising Nnamdi Kanu to follow - DIALOGUE.

So, my dear it's really not about Kanu for some of you. It's your perpetual hate for a part of this country and you can keep telling yourselves lies to help you sleep at night.

Everyone, take a look at the Jew talking. Someone posted a screen grab of what this alobam said as far back as 2011. People like him are the founding fathers of bigotry on nairaland. grin

13 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by Samirana360(m): 9:36pm On Jun 30, 2017
adadike281:
OK, but u can vote for any candidate of your choice. secondly, what would u like obiano to do for u guys coz I believe his stooges are on nairaland, they will convene it to him. he is d gov of d whole state and should carry everyone along
no1. u ar not igbo no2 u ar not a female...take it or kil urself

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by DonBobes(m): 9:38pm On Jun 30, 2017
whitebeard:
"Why asnt KANU been rearrested for flouting bail conditions". " why asnt any arewa been arrested for their treacherous statement "..

..I hate when the government turns our country into a football field and they play games with the people.
Still beats me
The same reason the government refused to arrest the arewa youths too, since they didn't arrest NNAMDI COW.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 30, 2017
Osibanjo had tried his best, it didn't work for him now he had hired and paid a new set of BMC but they shall all fail woefully.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by KahlDrogo(m): 9:38pm On Jun 30, 2017
hammer6:

They have perfected plans to rig the entire SS/SE.

Wat is the point legitimizing their rigging?

Sit at home is sit at home.

In electoral law, there is wat is known as inconclusive elections.

Another ataché by force unity begger. Can't you speak for Potor Republic with the exclusion of SS my Jewish alobam? cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by Emusan(m): 9:39pm On Jun 30, 2017
adadike281:
I am pro Biafra but I simply cannot go with KANU on this. I fear for d unknown. I can't imagine how my people will suffer if state of emergency is declared in Anambra state.

The fear of unknown and it means you're a coward.

How will state of emergency be declared when there is no crisis or war in such state?

If state of emergency is actually declared, then it should be cleared to you that this country actually belongs to some people (though I know it belongs to some people) because if total number of electorate in THE WHOLE Nigeria for general election is less than 30million out of suppose over 130million minus the minors which is not even up to 1/4, so where happen to rest of people who doesn't vote. I'm very sure if election rigging can be removed, it will shock you to know that total electorate will not be up to 10million.

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by emapeteum(m): 9:40pm On Jun 30, 2017
I think the federal government should as a matter of urgency should re-arrest Nnamdi Kanu so that the mistakes of 1966 will not repeat itself.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by brightalo17: 9:40pm On Jun 30, 2017
Dera100:

is it my own ozubulu..,Aldo am not supporting the sit at home...but am not voting cuz obiano has not done anything that warrant my vote... paying of workers salaries is not enough....my town ozubulu has nothing to show that we have state governor..even my maternal town in nnewi south....obiano has failed us
Then vote him too you say no. you simply want him to go unchallenged be that na.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by austyn0(m): 9:41pm On Jun 30, 2017
Nice piece.... The truth is, the only language blacks, especially Nigerians understand is ife nghasa(confusion),, they will only take you and matters serious when it is becoming very bad,, whatever the outcome, I hope it turns out well.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by EzeUche(m): 9:43pm On Jun 30, 2017
What is wrong with Igbos based in Lagos?

Afam4eva is one of those Igbos who is worried about Nnamdi Kanu's growing power in the East.

Nnamdi has not forsaken his homeland like you Igbos in Lagos.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Of Appeal Voids Sani Musa’s Election As Senator / Umahi Receives Ganduje In Abuja (Photos) / Oyo Residents Await Tinubu's Presidential Campaign Team (Video, Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.