Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,289 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra (20483 Views)

Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness / Almajiri System Has Contributed To Backwardness In North-east—lawmaker / Charly Boy Pictured With Nnamdi Kanu And Other Defendants At FHC, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by njelrapheal: 10:36pm On Jun 30, 2017
Mynd44:

Me hate? Looool.

But then again, we can actually pull out post to support your tribal bigotry and sturvs.

Oh, do I need to remind you that not vocally supporting insanity does not mean you were against it. It could have just meant you didn't want to be associated with such filth.

Anyway, enjoy the madness Nnamdi Kanu brings, y'all through your action/inaction made him larger than life.

Make I go sleep abeg
u must be such a deluded fellow. Drawing conclusions that another's opinion and demand is madness

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by Yyeske(m): 10:41pm On Jun 30, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Allow people to do what they want.
The nkpor bullet didn't hit u.
Just don't try crap that day because even kanu won't save you

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by Cozbymaster97(m): 10:51pm On Jun 30, 2017
All this Igbos self..... mtcheew am just waiting for Oct 1...like Christmas day ooo

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by DLioness(f): 10:54pm On Jun 30, 2017
CutieGuy:
My brother ..
One of my friend was killed in nkpor onitsha.
And the painful part of it is that'this same obiano denied it, and as such he gave a false report to the army panel.
Where as the amnesty international has condemn vehemently the so called panel report.

APGA instead of realising there mistake and ask for forgiveness from the deceased families.
They were just hitting up the polity.

Ok today they wrote a threatening letter to nnamdi kanu to stay clear from Anambra election, as if they will be able to quench uprising from IPOB if they try nonsense with our leader.
As for me and my family, we have already concluded that none of us is going out to vote .

And if they felt that they will use force to threatened us ,then they should be ready for 70 million Igbos.
From house to house,burn fire go they showcase.
I see handsomeness wn lukn at u.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by Afam4eva(m): 10:56pm On Jun 30, 2017
Mynd44:

Did you forget this comment?

"Al_harem has spoken the truth. You cannot eat your cake and still want to have. PDP controls the center.So, states that will benefit from the center are PDP states. they should go and meet oga tinubu if they feel marginalized "

Just know that you should not attempt to come out as some tribally balanced individual. You and Nnamdi Kanu are the same. You are just bothered that his madness is amplified and will affect you. When it was directed to others you kept quiet and smiled
Yes, i remember. I was expecting you to masturbate to the same statement. If that's the only tribal comment you can ascribe to my person then you need to try harder. If i'm the tribalist that you people say i am then you wouldn't keep whipping up the same comment that i made. There's supposed to be an avalanche of hate speech from me to support your assertion.

5 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by Mcowubaba: 10:58pm On Jun 30, 2017
Mynd44:

He can deny making that comment.

And I ain't from Ekiti grin grin.

We are all involved in this Tribal and Bigotry mess in Nigeria and on Nairaland.
Either directly or indirectly.
But what I don't like is hypocrites or hypocrisy.

A great percentage of Nigerians, especially Nairalanders that are active in Politics section, harbor some level of disdain/suspicion towards a certain group of people.

Here is Yorubas vs Igbos.

Who can swear he has not liked a bigoted comment targeted at another tribe.

There was a time omenka will curse Igbo people up and down in different threads, when the insult him back, he will call you to ban his attackers,

It was as if some people are given free pass for breaking rule 2

The only reason why people don't mention Igbo directly when the are cursing is probably because of the apparent ban evidence, the hide behind insulting IPOB to express their anger and disdain for Igbo people.

Listen Bro, this ain't persecution complex, we Igbos are marginalized and short changed, whether you believe it or not, that's story for another day..

Yes, Igbos too, insult Yoruba people here, but it's mutual, let's not do as if it's one sided, you guys like forming holy.

Go to any IPOB related thread, there is massive presence of Yoruba people, troubling themselves about Biafra and Nnamdi Kanu.
In a heated section like Politics, the 2 moderators are from a particular tribe, how will there not be favoritism.

Most anti Biafra threads are always trending

Anyways, I don't have any problem with you, I know you're competent to an extent.
Truth be told, I may not be better than you if given the opportunity to moderate Politics section.

We can all keep claiming Holy and spotless....

BTW, I'm not a supporter of Biafra/IPOB or Nnamdi Kanu.
I believe you should know that

I remember how maclatunji hid my comment or called his brother to hide my comment, when I quoted his bigotry comment for reference.

Somehow it was hidden, nd that bigot is still a moderator.

Nairaland is a nice website, with loads of information, but left for political section, I seriously fear for it.
My comment can now be hidden, As usual wink
After you'll say we have Persecution complex grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by Yyeske(m): 11:09pm On Jun 30, 2017
isalegan2 pgvost=58001547:

Dude, have a little bit of compassion. He said his friend died! Try temper your response a little, in future.
Ask him if they weren't warned earlier, I have no sympathy for miscreants. Problem is we anti IPOB kept quiet for long and have decided to speak out now. Go through my posts last year when I Warned them to be careful even before the Nkpor Incidence but they called me names

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by kense88: 11:10pm On Jun 30, 2017
paschu:
Ignore the eternal haters joor. They can only jump up and down here and nothing else.

Meanwhile, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the election boycott. Enough of the meaningless grammar already.

All those so called intelligent people who are insalting Kanu over the proposed boycott are just opportunists. They are the very reason igbos are yet to reach anywhere near their full potential.

No morally honest pro-humanity person should critisize any peaceful means to gaining a binding referendum in this country - especially on Biafra. And a total election boycott - even in the entire region - is more peaceful than street protest.

Else, I forsee anarchy as the only alternative to what Kanu is doing now. So please, may we not frustrate his continued stand for peaceful process.

My brother, before we join this struggle, we need to be convinced on certain things. We need to be sure is worth it, because it could come at the expense of our lives(some of us). First of all, what exactly are we going to do differently if we break out of Nigeria? Is it going to change the mentality of an average igbo man? Is it going to solve the problem of corruption, which is deeply entrenched in an average Nigeria(Igbos inclusive)? Is it going to stop us from hating one another? Is it going to stop the "ima mmadu" which is already a culture in Nigeria/Igbos(The case of the release of Evans in 2006, comes to mind or do you think he was released by federal govt? )? Will it stop our governo's from looting our collective wealth? Will it stop proliferation of fake drugs in biafra states(of which our brothers participate actively )? Who is going to be our leaders? people like Rochas okorocha or dave umahi of ebonyi state? Do you think they are better than those you have at the federal level? You have senators representing your constituency, what have they done with the money meant for your people. Do you think those senators representing your constituency are yoruba and hausa people? What do you really know about this Nnamdi kanu(motives behind his agitation)? Does he really want the best for us? You can tell me how fulani herdmen are killing southerners, but believe me, its just one of the over hundred avoidable means of death in Nigeria. I would rather have a better Nigeria than just a biafra. We all(Igbos, yoruba and hausa) have a common enemy, the political class. If we must fight a war, it must be against the political class

10 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by kense88: 11:13pm On Jun 30, 2017
paschu:
Ignore the eternal haters joor. They can only jump up and down here and nothing else.

Meanwhile, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the election boycott. Enough of the meaningless grammar already.

All those so called intelligent people who are insalting Kanu over the proposed boycott are just opportunists. They are the very reason igbos are yet to reach anywhere near their full potential.

No morally honest pro-humanity person should critisize any peaceful means to gaining a binding referendum in this country - especially on Biafra. And a total election boycott - even in the entire region - is more peaceful than street protest.

Else, I forsee anarchy as the only alternative to what Kanu is doing now. So please, may we not frustrate his continued stand for peaceful process.

My brother, before we join this struggle, we need to be convinced on certain things. We need to be sure is worth it, because it could come at the expense of our lives(some of us). First of all, what exactly are we going to do differently if we break out of Nigeria? Is it going to change the mentality of an average igbo man? Is it going to solve the problem of corruption, which is deeply entrenched in an average Nigeria(Igbos inclusive)? Is it going to stop us from hating one another? Is it going to stop the "ima mmadu" which is already a culture in Nigeria/Igbos(The case of the release of Evans in 2006, comes to mind or do you think he was released by federal govt? )? Will it stop our governo's from looting our collective wealth? Will it stop proliferation of fake drugs in biafra states(of which our brothers participate actively )? Who is going to be our leaders? people like Rochas okorocha or dave umahi of ebonyi state? Do you think they are better than those you have at the federal level? You have senators representing your constituency, what have they done with the money meant for your people. Do you think those senators representing your constituency are yoruba and hausa people? What do you really know about this Nnamdi kanu(motives behind his agitation)? Does he really want the best for us? You can tell me how fulani herdmen are killing southerners, but believe me, its just one of the over hundred avoidable means of death in Nigeria. I would rather have a better Nigeria than just a biafra. We all(Igbos, yoruba and hausa) have a common enemy, the political class. If we must fight a war, it must be against the political class

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by fabregas04(m): 11:14pm On Jun 30, 2017
isalegan2:

Will no one rid us of this troublesome Ekiti vagabond called Mynd44? angry

Stop your lies against Afam. I've been on Nairaland Politics section since 2010.
you must be blind to see the quoted post then.

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by Yyeske(m): 11:16pm On Jun 30, 2017
KemjikaEme:
This saga between Kanu and Anambra natives has exposed the fact that Anambra people are noitoriously Clannish and bigoted which will ultimately drag Igbos and actualization backwards.
It is ok to dispute and disregard Kanu's call to boycott elections but downright disrespectful to claim that an 'Abia' man is not intelligent and good enough to tell Anambra what to do.
Is this how we intend to achieve Biafra? By making belligerent, caustic and stuupid utterances that belittle other Igbo people,states and groups.
I'm afraid Biafra is not and may not be the Utopia we dream of going by the Clannish reputation and character of Ndi Anambra.
It is unfortunate.
Who cares about you or kanu, just leave Umu Omambala alone. We are already sick and tired of this madness

7 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by gartamanta: 11:18pm On Jun 30, 2017
Handsomecole:
One thing I know for sure is that no group, region or persons can ever decide on the future of this country called Nigeria. Some have tried it and have failed.

Really? But Lord Lugard decided your country. His wife decided your name. Niether Lugard or his wife were even Africans.

Sincerely speaking Nnamdi Kanu does not understand the magnitude of the consequences of his actions.
While he was in prison Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu was the Ist Igbo politician to meet with President Buhari and pleaded on his behalf for him to be released still went ahead to see this same Kanu of a boy in prison to see probably thinking he could talk or was talking sense into his head.

Orji Uzor Kalu can try to convince Kanu to see his way, no harm in that. It is left for Nnamdi Kanu to accept or accept Orji Uzor Kalu's advice.

It is highly disappointing only for him to be released and the only wise step he could take was to wine and dine with PDP politicians who never cared when he was in detention, even going as far as brazenly flouting court orders and making provocative statements

You are talking about PDP politicians? If APC politicians decide to meet Kanu on a date for a referendum, Nnamdi Kanu will dine with them too

statements which have put the IGBOS in trouble residing in all other regions of the country making them endangered species. I hope that Nigerians and the world at large are taking note.

My brother, if one man can make a statement and it will endanger his brethren in a place that is supposed their own country, it shouldnt be their country. It means Nigeria is a waste of time. So when Sultan of Sokoto says something, Hausas will be killed somewhere? When Soyinka says something, Yorubas will killed somewhere? So what is the point of Nigeria when what one persons says one thing and others are endangered?

I've said it no individual is bigger than this nation. Ojukwu tried it and he failed, he regretted his action calling for BIAFRA

Ojukeu never regretted Biafra, there are many youtube videos where he he says he is proud to have led Biafra.

Nnamdi Kanu remains a nobody, who has sacrificed absolutely nothing for the benefit of the average Igboman, he's a fool who stands for absolutely nothing. When the time comes the laws of the land will be fully metted out on him if today he dies nothing I repeat nothing would happen Nigeria would still remain and as expected those that will die foolishly because of him would. Yes! I wouldn't say there isn't tribalistic and religious marginalisation and imposition in the country it is there for all to seen but it's resolve would be collective. The future of this nation would be decided collectively not provocatively by one hopeless individual.

Nnamdi Kanu spent almost 2 years in jail for his beliefs. He was in London, he didnt need to come down to Nigeria where he was already a wanted man. But he did. He stands for self determination and freedom. Just because Lugard lumped all of us together does not mean we are one country, nor does it mean we are one. Nnamdi Kanu is just evidence that Nigeria is unworkable.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by kense88: 11:19pm On Jun 30, 2017

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 11:20pm On Jun 30, 2017
kense88:

boycotting the election is a good start. It will pass on a serious message to them. That they are governors and senators because people stood in the sun to vote for them even though most of them riggeded their way there. If on ele tion day the turn out is too low to make the elections a valid one, they will know that we are serious. I think the real change we need in Nigeria is the change where people stop voting in elections. We have been voting since independence and we keep voting the same people as senators after they have served and failed as governors. And yet we want change.

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by kense88: 11:20pm On Jun 30, 2017
paschu:

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by obailala(m): 11:21pm On Jun 30, 2017
Afam4eva:
I will keep saying that the call by Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB for disintegration does not contravene any known laws so should not be treated as a criminal case. Even though i have reservations about some of his choice of words, especially in the past, i think what he is doing is a germaine attempt to rile the government of the day to take Ndigbo seriously.

However, i'm disturbed by his recent statement that if Biafra is not given a referendum, that elections will not hold in Igboland, starting with the Anambra elections that comes up in November. While i know him and his group will pull something simila to the successful sit-at-home order, which in itself is within their rights and also does ot contravene any laws, i think if he goes ahead with his threat, we may taking Anambr state and Igboland back to the dark ages. Because it might give some people who have no business being in government taking over government because the electorates did not come out to vote.

We may not be whre we want to be but the Anambra state government starting from Peter Obi now to Obiano have made some leap which we're hoping that future governors will consolidate on.

So, i want every right thinking Igbo man to condemn Kanu's statement and i appeal to him to withdraw his statement.
Kanu doesnt need to withdraw the statement. The fact is that people will still come out and vote their preferred candidate irrespective. Once the story filters into the airwaves that APC (the Igbo nightmare grin) is going to win, dem no dey tell blind man say war don start. grin

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by Afam4eva(m): 11:24pm On Jun 30, 2017
kense88:

Your questions are very germaine bt it seems you've really not been paying attention.

Are Igbos politicians just as corrupt and diabolical as other Nigerian politicians?

Are Igbos saints who are different from other Nigerians? Hell NO

Will corruption stop with Biafra? Mba

These are not the problems that gave rise to ideas such as Biafra. Biafra is as a result of the evident marginalization of Igbo people within the Nierian space. Yes, our leaders re marginalizing us too but it's nothing compared to what it's coming from the center.

We as a people have been conditioned to depend on other regions to succeed. When are our best going to be born in east, grow up tere, school there and pursue their career there. Our region has been decimated such that it's only importance to Igbos, is the place where they go to every christmas to visit their extended families. This is what the Nigerian state have done to us.

There are 4 international airports in Nigeria in Lagos, Abuja, Port-hacourt and Kano. Why not Enugu or Owerri? Jonathan came and tried to change thigns a bit and they frustrated both him and the aviation minister citing corruption.

The south-east has little to zero federal presence. Kaduna state alone hosts more federal institutions than all the south-east states out together.

The list is really endless.

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by Adiwana: 11:27pm On Jun 30, 2017
Afam4eva:
I will keep saying that the call by Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB for disintegration does not contravene any known laws so should not be treated as a criminal case. Even though i have reservations about some of his choice of words, especially in the past, i think what he is doing is a germaine attempt to rile the government of the day to take Ndigbo seriously.

However, i'm disturbed by his recent statement that if Biafra is not given a referendum, that elections will not hold in Igboland, starting with the Anambra elections that comes up in November. While i know him and his group will pull something simila to the successful sit-at-home order, which in itself is within their rights and also does ot contravene any laws, i think if he goes ahead with his threat, we may taking Anambr state and Igboland back to the dark ages. Because it might give some people who have no business being in government taking over government because the electorates did not come out to vote.

We may not be whre we want to be but the Anambra state government starting from Peter Obi now to Obiano have made some leap which we're hoping that future governors will consolidate on.

So, i want every right thinking Igbo man to condemn Kanu's statement and i appeal to him to withdraw his statement.
Very funny how everybody wants Biafra but are not ready to take the bull by the horn.Problem of Nigeria is very Simple.We want God to come down from Heaven and do our work for us.we want to just wake up on morning&Nigeria becomes Dubia.We want Biafra but are afraid of what comes before it.
You think NIGERIAN govt. will wake up one morning and hand Biafra over to you like its your Birth right?Think Again

5 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by Adiwana: 11:30pm On Jun 30, 2017
Handsomecole:
One thing I know for sure is that no group, region or persons can ever decide on the future of this country called Nigeria. Some have tried it and have failed.
Sincerely speaking Nnamdi Kanu does not understand the magnitude of the consequences of his actions.
While he was in prison Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu was the Ist Igbo politician to meet with President Buhari and pleaded on his behalf for him to be released still went ahead to see this same Kanu of a boy in prison to see probably thinking he could talk or was talking sense into his head. It is highly disappointing only for him to be released and the only wise step he could take was to wine and dine with PDP politicians who never cared when he was in detention, even going as far as brazenly flouting court orders and making provocative statements, statements which have put the IGBOS in trouble residing in all other regions of the country making them endangered species. I hope that Nigerians and the world at large are taking note. I've said it no individual is bigger than this nation. Ojukwu tried it and he failed, he regretted his action calling for BIAFRA. Nnamdi Kanu remains a nobody, who has sacrificed absolutely nothing for the benefit of the average Igboman, he's a fool who stands for absolutely nothing. When the time comes the laws of the land will be fully metted out on him if today he dies nothing I repeat nothing would happen Nigeria would still remain and as expected those that will die foolishly because of him would. Yes! I wouldn't say there isn't tribalistic and religious marginalisation and imposition in the country it is there for all to seen but it's resolve would be collective. The future of this nation would be decided collectively not provocatively by one hopeless individual.
And how collectively has the future been decided for the past 50yrs?

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by KahlDrogo(m): 11:36pm On Jun 30, 2017
Mynd44:

People like Afam4eva are funny. They spew hate and tribalism and attempt to hide behind "or are hated" if/when sane people call them out.

It is this same type of comedy they used to chase Ogugua88 out of their Igbo association back in the days.
The internet never forgets. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by KahlDrogo(m): 11:38pm On Jun 30, 2017
Afam4eva:

Oga, point out my supposed hate or keep quiet. You may deny it all you want but i'm one of the liberal Igbos on here and i stood for the likes of Americana Igbos such as Ogugua when they were getting the heat from extremists, so i don't understand what you're saying. You can choose to believe whatever you like.
angry

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by Guyman02: 11:41pm On Jun 30, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu should be called to order as regards Anambra elections, if our people don't come out to vote the state may go to the days of Chris Uba appointing leaders he will dictate to and render the state comatose from its current strides among the South East state.
Biafra agitation should be targeted at Abuja and the FG.
You don't set your house on fire to get rid of bedbugs.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jun 30, 2017
Yyeske:
Just don't try crap that day because even kanu won't save you

Ur still confused.

People who don't want to vote won't vote, they will simply stay at home.........

How is that ur business
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by emmy4life02(m): 12:14am On Jul 01, 2017
Mynd44:

Me hate? Looool.

But then again, we can actually pull out post to support your tribal bigotry and sturvs.

Oh, do I need to remind you that not vocally supporting insanity does not mean you were against it. It could have just meant you didn't want to be associated with such filth.

Anyway, enjoy the madness Nnamdi Kanu brings, y'all through your action/inaction made him larger than life.

Make I go sleep abeg
we are enjoying it and pitying ur helpless government
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by emmy4life02(m): 12:18am On Jul 01, 2017
bakila:
The civil war between Igbo and IPOB is brewing we shall see who will blink first.
politicians not igbos......
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by diplomat058(m): 12:20am On Jul 01, 2017
Afam4eva:

Your questions are very germaine bt it seems you've really not been paying attention.

Are Igbos politicians just as corrupt and diabolical as other Nigerian politicians?

Are Igbos saints who are different from other Nigerians? Hell NO

Will corruption stop with Biafra? Mba

These are not the problems that gave rise to ideas such as Biafra. Biafra is as a result of the evident marginalization of Igbo people within the Nierian space. Yes, our leaders re marginalizing us too but it's nothing compared to what it's coming from the center.

We as a people have been conditioned to depend on other regions to succeed. When are our best going to be born in east, grow up tere, school there and pursue their career there. Our region has been decimated such that it's only importance to Igbos, is the place where they go to every christmas to visit their extended families. This is what the Nigerian state have done to us.

There are 4 international airports in Nigeria in Lagos, Abuja, Port-hacourt and Kano. Why not Enugu or Owerri? Jonathan came and tried to change thigns a bit and they frustrated both him and the aviation minister citing corruption.

The south-east has little to zero federal presence. Kaduna state alone hosts more federal institutions than all the south-east states out together.

The list is really endless.
Bro, though I am yoruba, I sincerely understand all these germane agitations you ve reeled out. But then, dont you think every ethnic group has got its own peculiar loads of complaints heaped up against this compactment of injustices called Nigeria? As a yoruba man, I sometimes envisage a complete homogeneous yoruba nation characterised by the absence of inter-ethnic rivalries, and collectively geared towards development with yoruba future in yoruba hands.

With this picture at the back of my mind, I resolved that Nigeria's problems lie in her heterogenuity which I believe accounts for the absence of national consciousness, collectiveness and patriotism. But again, when I take a look at the perfomance of such large heterogeneous nations as the US and Brazil, I can not but shake my head in resignation.

Please answer my questions sincerely
# Do you think we, as different races, still have a common, prosperous future in this involuntary contraption called Nigeria or do you think its best we all go our different ways?

#If you still believe in this country, how do you think a yoruba ultra-nationalist like me can complaint-lessly cohabit with another, say an igbo supremacist without necessarily heating up the polity or further promoting the injustices being melted on each and every component of this country called Nigeria?
Thanks-pls note that ethnic nationalism is something inborn in my humble self.

6 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by emmy4life02(m): 12:23am On Jul 01, 2017
cjrane:

Sit at home for Presidential elections not when there is one slim hope of enthroning a working Igboman to atleast keep things afloat in Anambra Biafraland. Or is Anambra not part of Biafra? why would you wish it death then? I can tell you that Igbos will disobey. On 30th we were mourning our dead and since the zoo army likes to shoot innocent Biafrans protesting peacefully, we had no choice but stay home to protest. Now you are asking us to throw away a performing Biafran from Government house Awka and replace him with a Fulani sole administrator? Only an APC afonja can make such silly suggestion.....and i can assure you that it will fail.

I am an IPOB member, you can check my previous posts if you like, but this is a silly order. I intend not just to disobey it, i will mobilize everyone that i recruited to disregard it and tell people they have recruited to do the same.
OK Oh..... ur effort has been a waste all this while. U should have not joined IPOB in the 1st place. Anu nnupam

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by emmy4life02(m): 12:33am On Jul 01, 2017
IAMMUIC:
My name is Macquis Udochukwu and I'm Igbo by ethnicity. I was born and brought up in lagos, in other words I've been in Lagos all my life. So also my parents. My parents have invested so much in Lagos, and telling them to leave behind all their investments and properties behind and move over to the region Biafra really doesn't settle well with me. Igbos Keep complaining about them being marginalized, but are they the only ones who have been marginalized in Nigeria?

I recently stumbled on an article where the so-called Messiah of the igbos Nnamdi Kanu openly declared his plans to bring Nigeria to ruins, a threat he plans to carry out by making sure no president emerges in 2019. According to him, all Biafran states will boycott the 2019 presidential election.

One thing I know for certain is that the only thing that can separate Nigeria is war. Another Civil war! It was also the case with Sudan and other countries that suffered secession as we all know it. What really happened in Sudan? After South Sudan had gotten the much desired freedom, was there ever peace within their walls? If at all the goal of Nnamdi Kanu and a handful of igbos are achieved, will Biafra ever be a nation of peace, stability and prosperity?

Truth is, the problem with Nigeria isn't Nigeria, a particular set of tribe or people, it is man himself. Man by nature is corrupt as we all know, Nnamdi Kanu himself isn't free corruption or human flaws. He too would disappoint as many as put their trust in him. We live in a flawed world overflowing with flawed men, igbos and every other tribe should understand this and live with it. Biafra is not going to be heaven or Canaan land as some are programmed to believe. There would be problems, such as we're currently experiencing in Nigeria.

I'm not comfortable with Nnamdi saying things on behalf of the entire Igbo nation as though he speaks for the entire Igbo nation. Let a poll be conducted to decide which Igbos are in support of Nnamdi's selfish action and those not in support. This would go a long way to correct the impression that all igbos are in full support of his actions. By the way, I wonder how Biafra would survive without the support of the Niger Delta region.

As Nigerians let us be wise and not be a gullible people. Let us not act like lower animals-the likes of cows and sheep, programmed to never think, but just follow anyone who leads them not minding the credibility or motif of the said shepherd.

God bless Nigeria and those dwelling within her walls!

https://www.nairaland.com/3891312/nnamdi-kanu-threat-peaceful-existence
Rubbish..... U look like a spoilt child. U stay in Lagos a comfortable city and post this sheet. Do u think everyone is comfortable like u?.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by akigbemaru: 12:33am On Jul 01, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Is this the life you are promising those who will support the Biafran movement? Burn house to house of Ndigbo people. I laugh in Cotonou.

When the beef red, those screaming support will watch their fellow Ndigbo people walk to their houses and carry their children in their early teens and below to the slaughter fields in the name of struggle.

Other states are taking strides and you are here cheering the plan to pull down the Democratic pillars of Anambra State.

Igbo 'soldier' carrying a wounded comrade Biafra Nigeria April 1968
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by emmy4life02(m): 12:36am On Jul 01, 2017
prettyboi1:

No vote na. When a useless person becomes governor & everything becomes hard for people like you in anambra, don't come and start claiming that Federal government is 'marginalizing' you people o. The way these IPOB people think is ridiculously low. WTF?
it can't get any harder than it is at the moment
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by emmy4life02(m): 12:39am On Jul 01, 2017
emapeteum:
I think the federal government should as a matter of urgency should re-arrest Nnamdi Kanu so that the mistakes of 1966 will not repeat itself.
lol... U only make freedom faster. U don't think at all. The world is watching

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Foil Attempt To Cart Away Property In Okorocha’s Warehouse Sealed By EFCC / Kidnappers Terrorise Ogun Communities, Residents Lament Ordeals / Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.