Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra (20478 Views)

Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness / Almajiri System Has Contributed To Backwardness In North-east—lawmaker / Charly Boy Pictured With Nnamdi Kanu And Other Defendants At FHC, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by bitcoinvin(m): 9:32am On Jul 01, 2017
Why the "No Election In Anambra" By Nnamdi Kanu will Work -

-Most of the people against the no vote stance and rant online about the stance are mostly not from Anambra
-IPOB have grassroot supporters of 90% of the entire vote in Anambra State
-IPOB has been busy with the grassroots, galvanizing them,gaining their trust and loyalty.
-IPOB grassroot supporters many may not even have phones and access to internet to read all the rantings online against the "No Election"

As the no vote campaign starts, this is what i think
Am actually indifferent about the no vote stance of Ipob and all those who come online to rants as to people voting or not. The reality is, most of the people against the no vote stance and rant online about the stance are mostly not from Anambra and when they are from Anambra, most are not based in Anambra, and when there are based in Anambra, many may not have their voter card and when they have it, some will not vote and when they vote, they are in the minority.
IPOB's fan base are the Okada riders, keke men/women, the traders,tailors, carpenters, mechanics, market women, fruit sellers, transporters, a sizable percent of civil servants and students etc. IPOB have been very smart in winning the heart of these people. While most people who think smart of themselves spend time ranting and abusing IPOB online, IPOB has been busy with the grassroots, galvanizing them,gaining their trust and loyalty. This has been the tactics of some of the most grass-rooted politicians like fayose and aregbeshola. Their method may be different but the focal point has always been the grassroot because that is where you have the most support. Unlike the wannabe sophisticated people who always want to form educated,polished and come online to show themselves(this i mean for all tribes including the igbos). These grassroot supporters dont have that time. Many may not even have phones and access to internet to read all the rantings.
Once IPOB are able to captured the grassroots, they can and will always determine the direction of ideology, vote(if in politics) and power struggle
so based on this, if you like scream and abuse Nnamdi kanu and IPOB, it wont change anything. They are more focus than we can assume and it will be to ones peril to underestimate them. the only thing now is to dialogue with him and make him see reasons or better still, import paid voters from other states like they do in the past. Thanks
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by Abagworo(m): 9:32am On Jul 01, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu and his band of societal misfits and political loser sponsors like Ohakim former Imo State governor should not take the quiet stance of successful Igbos for granted. If care is not taken the war will start in Igboland between IPOB and other Igbos. They are gradually pushing real neutral Igbos to the wall.

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by DrogoG(m): 9:58am On Jul 01, 2017
Afam4eva:
I will keep saying that the call by Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB for disintegration does not contravene any known laws so should not be treated as a criminal case. Even though i have reservations about some of his choice of words, especially in the past, i think what he is doing is a germaine attempt to rile the government of the day to take Ndigbo seriously.

However, i'm disturbed by his recent statement that if Biafra is not given a referendum, that elections will not hold in Igboland, starting with the Anambra elections that comes up in November. While i know him and his group will pull something simila to the successful sit-at-home order, which in itself is within their rights and also does ot contravene any laws, i think if he goes ahead with his threat, we may taking Anambr state and Igboland back to the dark ages. Because it might give some people who have no business being in government taking over government because the electorates did not come out to vote.

We may not be whre we want to be but the Anambra state government starting from Peter Obi now to Obiano have made some leap which we're hoping that future governors will consolidate on.

So, i want every right thinking Igbo man to condemn Kanu's statement and i appeal to him to withdraw his statement.

In a very corrupt country where peaceful protesters are sometimes slaughtered, what do you expect?

We're following lawful means to get Biafra. If we don't get it through peaceful lawful means, then we'll get it by force!

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by authority2006(m): 10:56am On Jul 01, 2017
CutieGuy:
My brother ..
One of my friend was killed in nkpor onitsha.
And the painful part of it is that'this same obiano denied it, and as such he gave a false report to the army panel.
Where as the amnesty international has condemn vehemently the so called panel report.

APGA instead of realising there mistake and ask for forgiveness from the deceased families.
They were just hitting up the polity.

Ok today they wrote a threatening letter to nnamdi kanu to stay clear from Anambra election, as if they will be able to quench uprising from IPOB if they try nonsense with our leader.
As for me and my family, we have already concluded that none of us is going out to vote .

And if they felt that they will use force to threatened us ,then they should be ready for 70 million Igbos.
From house to house,burn fire go they showcase.
I don't think anyone will force anybody to come out by force. But it is likely to be the other way round. Preventing people who are willingly ready to vote from voting is likely to occur. Like disruption of electoral process which may lead to violence.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by PrinxArthur1(m): 11:19am On Jul 01, 2017
Afam4eva:
I will keep saying that the call by Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB for disintegration does not contravene any known laws so should not be treated as a criminal case. Even though i have reservations about some of his choice of words, especially in the past, i think what he is doing is a germaine attempt to rile the government of the day to take Ndigbo seriously.

However, i'm disturbed by his recent statement that if Biafra is not given a referendum, that elections will not hold in Igboland, starting with the Anambra elections that comes up in November. While i know him and his group will pull something simila to the successful sit-at-home order, which in itself is within their rights and also does ot contravene any laws, i think if he goes ahead with his threat, we may taking Anambr state and Igboland back to the dark ages. Because it might give some people who have no business being in government taking over government because the electorates did not come out to vote.

We may not be whre we want to be but the Anambra state government starting from Peter Obi now to Obiano have made some leap which we're hoping that future governors will consolidate on.

So, i want every right thinking Igbo man to condemn Kanu's statement and i appeal to him to withdraw his statement.
how many of u on nairaland have voters card?how many of u people reside in anambra?and u think people will just leave the gospel of mazi Nnamdi kanu to heed to urs?

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by obong(m): 12:21pm On Jul 01, 2017
gartamanta:

I support his election boycott call as an Anambra man. If we are serious about getting Biafra, we have to start a non violent revolution in Nigeria that will shake the polity. When politicians in the SE/SS realise they can be thrown out of office by election boycott, they will sit up and take Biafra seriously. When the federal govt realises that people are disengaging from politics, they will sit up.

We cannot be saying that we want change but we keep doing the same thing over and over again. It is time for us all to disengage from the political process of Nigeria.

This talk that it will take Igbos back is laughable. Igbo will always be taken backwards until the leave Nigeria
keep thé SS out if your biafra rubbish
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by eodavids(m): 12:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
SonofDevil:
tribal bigots like u re fully in support but don't want to come out publicly .
None of ur leaders or governors condemned him for hate speech at the initial stage cos they feel it doesn't affect them .
Like some said it is sweet to enjoy a mad man display but once he make attempt to enter into peoples houses it will be met with a firm resistance .
You hypocrites should live with it

Sonofdavil, you should speak to one person at a time. Do not generalise all Ndigbo as supporters of Kanu because you sure know its a lie. You need to show some maturity in what you say. Neddless to offend all Ndigbo because of KANU.

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by obong(m): 1:11pm On Jul 01, 2017
gartamanta:

Really? But Lord Lugard decided your country. His wife decided your name. Niether Lugard or his wife were even Africans.

Orji Uzor Kalu can try to convince Kanu to see his way, no harm in that. It is left for Nnamdi Kanu to accept or accept Orji Uzor Kalu's advice.

You are talking about PDP politicians? If APC politicians decide to meet Kanu on a date for a referendum, Nnamdi Kanu will dine with them too

My brother, if one man can make a statement and it will endanger his brethren in a place that is supposed their own country, it shouldnt be their country. It means Nigeria is a waste of time. So when Sultan of Sokoto says something, Hausas will be killed somewhere? When Soyinka says something, Yorubas will killed somewhere? So what is the point of Nigeria when what one persons says one thing and others are endangered?

Ojukeu never regretted Biafra, there are many youtube videos where he he says he is proud to have led Biafra.

Nnamdi Kanu spent almost 2 years in jail for his beliefs. He was in London, he didnt need to come down to Nigeria where he was already a wanted man. But he did. He stands for self determination and freedom. Just because Lugard lumped all of us together does not mean we are one country, nor does it mean we are one. Nnamdi Kanu is just evidence that Nigeria is unworkable.
so who decided the name Biafra?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by eodavids(m): 1:13pm On Jul 01, 2017
IAMMUIC:
My name is Macquis Udochukwu and I'm Igbo by ethnicity. I was born and brought up in lagos, in other words I've been in Lagos all my life. So also my parents. My parents have invested so much in Lagos, and telling them to leave behind all their investments and properties behind and move over to the region Biafra really doesn't settle well with me. Igbos Keep complaining about them being marginalized, but are they the only ones who have been marginalized in Nigeria?

I recently stumbled on an article where the so-called Messiah of the igbos Nnamdi Kanu openly declared his plans to bring Nigeria to ruins, a threat he plans to carry out by making sure no president emerges in 2019. According to him, all Biafran states will boycott the 2019 presidential election.

One thing I know for certain is that the only thing that can separate Nigeria is war. Another Civil war! It was also the case with Sudan and other countries that suffered secession as we all know it. What really happened in Sudan? After South Sudan had gotten the much desired freedom, was there ever peace within their walls? If at all the goal of Nnamdi Kanu and a handful of igbos are achieved, will Biafra ever be a nation of peace, stability and prosperity?

Truth is, the problem with Nigeria isn't Nigeria, a particular set of tribe or people, it is man himself. Man by nature is corrupt as we all know, Nnamdi Kanu himself isn't free corruption or human flaws. He too would disappoint as many as put their trust in him. We live in a flawed world overflowing with flawed men, igbos and every other tribe should understand this and live with it. Biafra is not going to be heaven or Canaan land as some are programmed to believe. There would be problems, such as we're currently experiencing in Nigeria.

I'm not comfortable with Nnamdi saying things on behalf of the entire Igbo nation as though he speaks for the entire Igbo nation. Let a poll be conducted to decide which Igbos are in support of Nnamdi's selfish action and those not in support. This would go a long way to correct the impression that all igbos are in full support of his actions. By the way, I wonder how Biafra would survive without the support of the Niger Delta region.

As Nigerians let us be wise and not be a gullible people. Let us not act like lower animals-the likes of cows and sheep, programmed to never think, but just follow anyone who leads them not minding the credibility or motif of the said shepherd.

God bless Nigeria and those dwelling within her walls!

https://www.nairaland.com/3891312/nnamdi-kanu-threat-peaceful-existence

I want to believe you are indeed Onyeigbo, and younhave spoken well. Its good to hear from a sensible Igbo person like you.
Pls, we need help. Ndigbo may have been disadvantaged by political arrangements in Nigeria, but God has favoured Us. Many of our problems today as Ndigbo are self inflicted.

Please continue to speak for the emancipation of umuigbo from this danger Kanu is dragging us into.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by APCsupporter: 2:30pm On Jul 01, 2017
adadike281:
me, my family and my group will vote. I have spoken to lots of people and many have changed their mind and will vote in November. Tomorrow, I will call my people at ihiala and ozubulu and speak to them on d importance of voting dis Nov. Everyone of us cannot be kanu's ass lickers

Never expected such from someone like thischeesy. Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by APCsupporter: 2:37pm On Jul 01, 2017
Afam4eva:

If you have something to say, say it to me. The problem with Nigerians is that we want everybody to think the way we do without considering that there are social, economic, religious and educational differences between Nigerians. I have never come out to show any form of support to Kanu even though i understand his grouse with the federation. Show me any freedom fighter or a supposed hero in the past that was perfect? Is it Mandela? Ghandi? It's one thing to be conciliatory with a course being spearheaded by a person and it's another thing to call the person to order when they cross the line.

Some of come off pretending that your only concerned about Kanu and his modus operandi when in actuall fact, you just hate the air that Igbos breathe. How come Uwazuruike that was very subtle and gentlemanly in his disposition was thrown into jail even though he towed the path that some people are advising Nnamdi Kanu to follow - DIALOGUE.

So, my dear it's really not about Kanu for some of you. It's your perpetual hate for a part of this country and you can keep telling yourselves lies to help you sleep at night.

imagine someone like you accusing someone of tribalism!

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by APCsupporter: 2:40pm On Jul 01, 2017
Mynd44:

Me hate? Looool.

But then again, we can actually pull out post to support your tribal bigotry and sturvs.

Oh, do I need to remind you that not vocally supporting insanity does not mean you were against it. It could have just meant you didn't want to be associated with such filth.

Anyway, enjoy the madness Nnamdi Kanu brings, y'all through your action/inaction made him larger than life.

Make I go sleep abeg

The guy has been indirectly supporting biafra. I wonder why you have not reported him sef
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 01, 2017
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by APCsupporter: 2:51pm On Jul 01, 2017
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by APCsupporter: 3:01pm On Jul 01, 2017
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by disciple1(m): 3:53pm On Jul 01, 2017
Hi, I’m using Dingtone now. Free calls and messages, such amazing! Download it from http://dingtone.me/fwa?i=kr4Mwx
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by adadike281(f): 6:20pm On Jul 01, 2017
Dera100:

but he is not carring everybody along...most roads in ozubulu is dead trap...d last time I went to Onitsha at ose okwu odu(ose market)...d road that leads to the market is a dead trap....he may be working in his senotraian district but he has not done anything to warrant a second tenure from us Esp those of us from Anambra south...I rest my case here..most of the companies here are owned by private individuals...
I hope obiano stooges are reading this? pls convene it to him. he should take care of every part of Anambra state or is he d gov of Aguleri?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by APCsupporter: 8:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by APCsupporter: 8:26pm On Jul 01, 2017
isalegan2:

Will no one rid us of this troublesome Ekiti vagabond called Mynd4.4? angry

Stop your lies against Afam. I've been on Nairaland Politics section since 2010.

Are you trying to say that he is not a tribalist or what?

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by APCsupporter: 8:50pm On Jul 01, 2017
Mrbigman1:

Seun and lalasticalala, pls ban this guy for using his anus instead Dan his brain.

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.

20. Complaints to or against moderators must be sent privately. Please don't disobey, disrespect, or defame them.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by dumodust(m): 11:23pm On Jul 01, 2017
KemjikaEme:
This saga between Kanu and Anambra natives has exposed the fact that Anambra people are noitoriously Clannish and bigoted which will ultimately drag Igbos and actualization backwards.
It is ok to dispute and disregard Kanu's call to boycott elections but downright disrespectful to claim that an 'Abia' man is not intelligent and good enough to tell Anambra what to do.
Is this how we intend to achieve Biafra? By making belligerent, caustic and stuupid utterances that belittle other Igbo people,states and groups.
I'm afraid Biafra is not and may not be the Utopia we dream of going by the Clannish reputation and character of Ndi Anambra.
It is unfortunate.
We dont care what the phuck you think, just tell your boy kanu to try and stay home, he is not a known leader and any order he issues is null and void except to brainwashed dolts like you. Please tell him to sack his own illegitimate governor and disrupt his own wrecked state further before he comes to anambra to dictate who votes who not. Imagine the nerve! Idiot is already denying people their civic right and he's not even anything yet. He will be woken up from his delusion come november
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by segunotiti(m): 11:28pm On Jul 01, 2017
Agumbaa:

APGA bit more than they can chew by that threatening letter they sent to NK.
Watch the video of NK in Ihiala today, everyone along that major road was hailing him, people who aren't IPOB members to start with.

I dey here sha, long way till November, fact is, IPOB will pull this off, they have started going round the state already to preach it to people.

What happens after, I don't know, but some ethnic groups in Nepal boycotted election this week, they refused to vote, they said they need Constitutional Amendment.
What is the grouse if you ask me -:

Recently Nepal moved from being a Hindu state to a more secular state, and they drafted a constitution, now the problem here is that, like Nigeria, they did not get opinion of everyone before creating the constitution, another thing two, they created 8 states and in that 8 states, they balkanized alot of the ethnic minorities and added their territories to other states, and it got the people infuriated.
They have been calling and making moves calling for the constitution to be amended and their issues settled, the government refused to do that, what did they do.
- All the ethnic groups who have issues with the constitution, said they can never participate in elections further, the government has been arresting people and using soldiers to flood the whole communities, they said the election is not for them, that they can never vote.

They found the perfect opportunity to express their dissatisfaction, and that is what they did. People resides with the people, and they can use it as they deem fit.

You aren't conclusive, did it solve the problem?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by dumodust(m): 11:36pm On Jul 01, 2017
KemjikaEme:

This clannish will be thrice replicated in Biafra. It will be the nemesis of the Igbo nation.
Last time i checked umu omambala is not a homogenous group but an artificial creation.

When abia state sacked all teachers and civil servants of anambra state origin, it wasnt clannish abi? Wawa/enugu people are very accomodating to outsiders in their civil service abi? Mbaise catholics are very nice to anambra bishops abi?
Please redefine your clannish to accommodate all these and more...
Anambra has been more accommodating to all than you jealous dolts will ever be, we are just tired off your tendency to try to prove your ipob points/experiments in anambra with your ever ready army of miscreants imported from other states. Please, we have tolerated you blocking the niger bridge and other stupid moves that caused untold hardship to everyone, this is the last straw.
Dont come preaching unity to us, we invented it till you guys shoved it back in our face, carry your kanu go back Aba

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by FriendNG: 12:11am On Jul 02, 2017
Mrbigman1:

Seun and lalasticalala, pls ban this guy for using his anus instead Dan his brain.

@Mynd44 is this guy a new Nairalander? When a drunk thief is hiding at police station fence.

Anyways safe journey for a long ban.

Mynd44 apply that rule two sharp sharp.

APCsupporter #KeepNairalandClean

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by genearts(m): 12:40am On Jul 02, 2017
isalegan2:

Nothing bigoted about his post. Afam4Eva is one of most honest and ethical posters on Nairaland.

Fact is, Igbos feel marginalised in Nigeria, and at this point in time, since I can remember, I have never heard people express more anti-Igbo opinions, not only online but also in real life. It is really worrying.

Anti-igbo hatred has reached pandemic proportions.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by Ngozi123(f): 12:45am On Jul 02, 2017
KahlDrogo:
The internet never forgets. lipsrsealed

Why are you all posting one screenshot of Afam saying what's not even a tribalist comment going by today's standards on Nairaland? It reeks of a smear campaign.

Afam4eva just ignore them; anytime they come across an Igbo person who says something they don't like, they label them a tribalist.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by Mrbigman1(m): 4:44am On Jul 02, 2017
APCsupporter:

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.

20. Complaints to or against moderators must be sent privately. Please don't disobey, disrespect, or defame them.

How much be ur pay? Stooge!
I dey look u dey cryf

How old re u? U worship dis guy?
I dey cry for u like dis.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Threat Of Political Backwardness In Anambra by Udopasa: 7:43am On Jul 02, 2017
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Buhari Hasn’t Acted On Minister Adeosun’s Certificate Scandal — Presidency / Police Stops Live Coverage Of Saraki’s Trial / Umahi Receives Ganduje In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.