Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,319 members, 7,836,377 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution (39205 Views)

BREAKING: OPC Announces New Leader, Oshibote Oodua / YOLICOM To Declare Oodua Republic, Rejects Restructuring / Northern Youths Order Igbo Out Of Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
ColonelDrake:

I agree with you. The ooni of ife comes to mind. I don't know what da hell is wrong with that guy. Hangs committed a lot of sacrileges - making Pst Adeboye to sit on his stool, carrying offering baskets in church and his excessive romance and obsession with the church. This is someone who is supposed to be the custodian of the Yoruba traditions and you'll still some of our Christian brothers supporting that disgracing acts

LOL baba abeg leave my king o grin grin grin

All these kings romance Jesus/Allah too much and it disgusts me. There's no way you'd subject yourself to immense rituals, take oaths at the foot of deities then upon getting on the throne you begin to shout Jesus and Muhammed; who are you fooling?

1 Like

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by YungMillionaire: 6:07pm On Jul 01, 2017
AkinPhysicist:

Obi is using Kanu to position his presidential candidacy. However, Kanu is like the proverbial tiger - you might have fun riding it but its very likely you end up in its mouth. Rochas is definitely Babangida's choice for now. Everyone knows Buhari is close to expiration. The consequent political confusion will surely test Nigeria's fragile unity. This is when the secessionist voices would become even louder - we never see anything yet.

That last sentence scares the living daylight out of me. The polity is already heated. Now imagine throwing that constitutional confusion in the midst. You are a very insightful guy!

5 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 01, 2017
AkinPhysicist:

YOU are dead wrong. You are confusing CULTURE with POLITICS. Now answer me this (truthfully):

Which of the two religions promote the destruction of traditional shrines and cultural monuments the most?
Well, if that's the angle you're coming from, then you're right.
Politically, we know the ass lickers and loyal slaves of the Fulani oligarchy.
Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 01, 2017
Obaluf0n:

LOL baba abeg leave my king o grin grin grin

All these kings romance Jesus/Allah too much and it disgusts me. There's no way you'd subject yourself to immense rituals, take oaths at the foot of deities then upon getting on the throne you begin to shout Jesus and Muhammed; who are you fooling?
Is he not my king too?
Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by FisifunKododada: 6:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
YungMillionaire:

That last sentence scares the living daylight out of me. The polity is already heated. Now imagine throwing that constitutional confusion in the midst. You are a very insightful guy!

O boi mesef read that thing fear catch me o! Akin sabi analyze abeg. A lot of us Nigerians are just too afraid to face the truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by FisifunKododada: 6:17pm On Jul 01, 2017
ColonelDrake:

Guys like that are better as neutrals. The moment he enters politics, his allegiance will change and he will start singing a new song, change his tune perhaps. May our loyalty not be tested in Fashola's voice

I think Tinubu has done some good work for the Yoruba nation. I think Akin is a future Jagaban. His mind is very clear and sharp. And he as pro-Yoruba as they come. I say give him a chance.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Sanchez01: 6:35pm On Jul 01, 2017
Efewestern:

Believe me the itsekiris don't see themselves as Yoruba.. yes they speak similar language with you, bear similar names with you.. but hey that doesn't make them Yoruba. Itsekiri is itsekiri, Yoruba is Yoruba. and I think itsekiri are more connected with ondo (Ilaje) than those from Lagos.

Wow I love the comments here, glad you guys love and respect minorities, Good to know.

cc: onuwaje
frathermathy
Sanchez01
wirinet

I wouldn't have said it better. Truth is, you would find thread as this with more intellectual contents than insults as opposed to the other people. The Itsekiris, though have their origin deeply rooted in the South West, do not share cultural similarities with the Yorubas. The guys here are intelligent, believe me.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
FisifunKododada:

I think Tinubu has done some good work for the Yoruba nation. I think Akin is a future Jagaban. His mind is very clear and sharp. And he as pro-Yoruba as they come. I say give him a chance.
Done ke? Like what and what? Apart from political positions, I don't see what Tinubu has done for the Yoruba. political positions only the benefit the recipients.
Compare to what Awo did for the Yoruba

7 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by 9jakool: 6:47pm On Jul 01, 2017
AkinPhysicist:

The writer is absolutely spot on. Nigerians underestimate the extent to which these two foreign religion have devastated our traditional cultures. The Yorubas are still faring better - go to the North and see how entire cultures have gone completely extinct because of Islam. And I mean COMPLETELY.
I see the foolery is getting to a few elements of Yoruba folks as well. You see that some ignorant folks are claiming that Oduduwa came from Meccah, because Mohammed was from there. Also when they go on hajj, they see the glitter of Meccah (which is a result of Saudi's oil) meanwhile forgetting that when Ile-Ife was an urban center of trade and culture, Meccah was just a small village in the Arabian desert.

It even gets more ridiculous when the Awujale was claiming that Ijebus are from Sudan when their founder, Obanta was from Ile-Ife. At the same time, they worry why their brothers, the Remos who are sworn Ife descendants constantly disassociate themselves from the Ijebus. You cannot spit in a pot of soup and expect someone else to eat it with you. I know many Ijebus don't buy that nonsense, but there are some very unfortunate folks out there who would rather claim to be descendant from some far fetched place. Even with this, I agree that Yorubas are faring better in comparison to other ethnic groups.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by FisifunKododada: 7:11pm On Jul 01, 2017
9jakool:

I see the foolery is getting to a few elements of Yoruba folks as well. You see that some ignorant folks are claiming that Oduduwa came from Meccah, because Mohammed was from there. Also when they go on hajj, they see the glitter of Meccah (which is a result of Saudi's oil) meanwhile forgetting that when Ile-Ife was an urban center of trade and culture, Meccah was just a small village in the Arabian desert.

It even gets more ridiculous when the Awujale was claiming that Ijebus are from Sudan when their founder, Obanta was from Ile-Ife. At the same time, they worry why their brothers, the Remos who are sworn Ife descendants constantly disassociate themselves from the Ijebus. You cannot spit in a pot of soup and expect someone else to eat it with you. I know many Ijebus don't buy that nonsense, but there are some very unfortunate folks out there who would rather claim to be descendant from some far fetched place. Even with this, I agree that Yorubas are faring better in comparison to other ethnic groups.

Walahi this guy you just spoke my mind. I have been saying this for years. The madness needs to stop. And soon.

6 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 01, 2017
ColonelDrake:

Is he not my king too?

Yes sir, of course he is.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by YungMillionaire: 7:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
Sanchez01:

I wouldn't have said it better. Truth is, you would find thread as this with more intellectual contents than insults as opposed to the other people. The Itsekiris, though have their origin deeply rooted in the South West, do not share cultural similarities with the Yorubas. The guys here are intelligent, believe me.

O boi u no lie o! these guys are cool-headed but very sharp/bright. This is what NL should be.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by YungMillionaire: 7:17pm On Jul 01, 2017
ColonelDrake:

Done ke? Like what and what? Apart from political positions, I don't see what Tinubu has done for the Yoruba. political positions only the benefit the recipients.
Compare to what Awo did for the Yoruba

I agree with you. Some1 like Akin should not get into politics. Because if they are unable to co-opt him with money dem go 'off' the guy. But I guess Akin is too much of a Yoruba nationalist to be co-opted. So he better stay off politics for his own good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by FisifunKododada: 7:23pm On Jul 01, 2017
YungMillionaire:

I agree with you. Some1 like Akin should not get into politics. Because if they are unable to co-opt him with money dem go 'off' the guy. But I guess Akin is too much of a Yoruba nationalist to be co-opted. So he better stay off politics for his own good.

YungMill, I will have to disagree with you and the colonel. The political arena is still the most consequential arena in any society. I would rather have the best and the brightest writing the laws than a bunch of mentally lazy hippos. We need to give a chance to young and bright Nigerians to look at the challenges of this country with fresh eyes. These old dogs are bereft of creative ideas and strategies.

7 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by AkinPhysicist: 7:31pm On Jul 01, 2017
9jakool:

Trust me few things are more vexing to me than this Mecca origin business - probably an idea promoted by some Arabs to promote Islam. It makes zero sense. And lacks zero cultural evidence.

9jakool:

Thanks for the emboldened gem.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by deedeedee1: 7:35pm On Jul 01, 2017
maisauki:

I'M A ROYAL BLOODED YORUBA GUY BUT JUS USED THAT MONIKER INTENTIONALLY...omo yoruba atata ni mi
That is good but we need to stop this "one Nigeria" Mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by YungMillionaire: 7:39pm On Jul 01, 2017
FisifunKododada:

YungMill, I will have to disagree with you and the colonel. The political arena is still the most consequential arena in any society. I would rather have the best and the brightest writing the laws than a bunch of mentally lazy hippos. We need to give a chance to young and bright Nigerians to look at the challenges of this country with fresh eyes. These old dogs are bereft of creative ideas and strategies.

You have a point. But I doubt some1 like Akin is even interested in going into politics full time.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by deedeedee1: 7:41pm On Jul 01, 2017
Obaluf0n:
For Yoruba independent state to succeed and thrive.

Religion has to be properly discussed.

A nation where the Adeboyes, Mr. Winnders etc as well Arab followers in Iwo, Ilorin and Ibadan will pose a threat to our stability or provide a loophole for external forces to exploit will not work. Yoruba religion has to be allowed to thrive by giving it the recognition it requires. And if possible, law should be passed banning these Abrahamic religions from preaching anti-traditional religion sermons for we know this is what they thrive on -- an imaginary lifelong battle against traditionalists automatically presumed to be evil and Esu that has no bearing in Christianity/Islam. This is despite both religions having their own battles with Satan and Shaitan respectively.

Take away the usual preaching, fasting and prayers against Esu, Aje, Oso, Emere and watch most churches fizzle out. Na why Yoruba people no like Catholic church; they've automatically assumed the death of traditionalists and their deities is the solution to their problems grin

There's also the need to put Yoruba culture at the forefront of the state. The state does not have to retain residue of former British colony. It has a lot to put out to create an identity for Yoruba in Brazil, Cuba, USA and so on to latch on to.

There's also the question of the appointment and role of Oba. Me thinks law should be passed that any Oba that cannot and will not stick with socio-cultural demands (spirituality) attached to the office need not vie for the throne and any king having problems taking charge of cultural demands of the office will/can be removed. Being a king requires a lot of rituals to ascend the throne; a lot of rituals to remain on the throne and a lot of ritual the king will be subjected to when he dies. We do not need these Nigerian kings who get on the throne and morph into Christ evangelists or Uthman Fodio.
Excellent contribution you made there!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by 9jakool: 7:42pm On Jul 01, 2017
FisifunKododada:

Walahi this guy you just spoke my mind. I have been saying this for years. The madness needs to stop. And soon.
There is nothing greater of a loss to an individual than loosing one's identity.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by AkinPhysicist: 7:45pm On Jul 01, 2017
YungMillionaire:

You have a point. But I doubt some1 like Akin is even interested in going into politics full time.

You are right, I am not interested. But I have no problem strategizing behind the scenes. I am currently working with a couple of candidates (Pro-Yoruba Nationalists) in my home state. Nigeria is nations within a single nation. All those people doing one Nigeria are avoiding reality. When the time comes each people have to be ready to move forward.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by YungMillionaire: 7:48pm On Jul 01, 2017
AkinPhysicist:

You are right, I am not interested. But I have no problem strategizing behind the scenes. I am currently working with a couple of candidates (Pro-Yoruba Nationalists) in my home state. Nigeria is nations within a single nation. All those people doing one Nigeria are avoiding reality. When the time comes each people have to be ready to move forward.

Interesting. What's your opinion of the Chinese influencing our elections by funding pro-Chinese investment candidates?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 01, 2017
YungMillionaire:

True. Never vouch for a man's character until you give him access to power.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by deedeedee1: 7:51pm On Jul 01, 2017
ColonelDrake:

I agree with you. The ooni of ife comes to mind. I don't know what da hell is wrong with that guy. Hangs committed a lot of sacrileges - making Pst Adeboye to sit on his stool, carrying offering baskets in church and his excessive romance and obsession with the church. This is someone who is supposed to be the custodian of the Yoruba traditions and you'll still some of our Christian brothers supporting that disgracing acts
That ooni of ife is an insult to yoruba people
Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by 9jakool: 7:53pm On Jul 01, 2017
AkinPhysicist:

Trust me few things are more vexing to me than this Mecca origin business - probably an idea promoted by some Arabs to promote Islam. It makes zero sense. And lacks zero cultural evidence.

Thanks for the emboldened gem.

Your story of the people you met in Brazil spoke to me. The funny thing is while these people are yearning hard to claim their Yoruba/African ancestry that was robbed from them, some of our own people are knowingly throwing away their identity.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
FisifunKododada:

You're missing the point. Nigeria's current retrogressive political structure doesn't give room for independent thinking and actions. You have to kowtow to either APC Or PDP political whims and caprices. I'd rather support him as an independent candidate and not under any political platform.
Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 01, 2017
deedeedee1:

That ooni of ife is an insult to yoruba people
"My father is Jesus"
Imagine such statement coming from the numero uno of Yoruba

3 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by deedeedee1: 7:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
The ooni of ife is not my king. I cant respect a man worships a different religion from our's. I am agnostic but i feel irritated when i see that Ni-ger kneeling down in church to worship a Jewish god. If he is not ready for that post, he should leave it! Nobody forced you to take it.
I wont be happy when is see the Oba of Ilesha doing same.
Crazy man!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by AkinPhysicist: 7:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
YungMillionaire:

Interesting. What's your opinion of the Chinese influencing our elections by funding pro-Chinese investment candidates?

Well the Chinese are here (Nigeria/Africa) mainly because of the natural resources and growing market. Nigerian Democracy is big business for China. The Chinese can actually choose their 'own' candidate now. While in the past foreign investors had to deal with the powers that be at the time. Remember the Lebanese (when they came during the Military era) could only bribe the military administrators for economic access. The Lebanese did very well but no business like Democracy business - the Chinese are making a killing. If we are not careful, they will own 50% of Africa before 2050.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by deedeedee1: 8:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
ColonelDrake:

"My father is Jesus"
Imagine such statement coming from the numero uno of Yoruba

That man should not have been there in the first place. He is a big insult to our culture and tradition. This is how they ridicule us outside.
Our Culture is our pride.
That fuccking dum-ass should be sent packing!!!
Is there no way he can be removed?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 01, 2017
deedeedee1:
The ooni of ife is not my king. I cant respect a man worships a different religion from our's. I am agnostic but i feel irritated when i see that Ni-ger kneeling down in church to worship a Jewish god. If he is not ready for that post, he should leave that it! Nobody forced you to take it.
Crazy man!!!
He's still our king bro. I just wish he'd stop that madness
He has his upsides too - uniting the Yoruba and promoting the culture abroad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
deedeedee1:
The ooni of ife is not my king. I cant respect a man worships a different religion from our's. I am agnostic but i feel irritated when i see that Ni-ger kneeling down in church to worship a Jewish god. If he is not ready for that post, he should leave it! Nobody forced you to take it.
Crazy man!!!
Lol didn't know you are an agnostic.
I am too. Christian by default
A hardcore religious unbeliever.
Pro Yoruba
Negative tolerance for religion extremism and anti Yoruba interest

That's me in a nutshell

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by deedeedee1: 8:09pm On Jul 01, 2017
ColonelDrake:

Lol didn't know you are an agnostic.
I am too. Christian by default
A hardcore religious unbeliever.
Pro Yoruba
Yoruba first before any other thing. This is what we should all practice.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Suspected Transborder Kidnapper Nabbed In Kwara Forest With Millions Of Naira / Details Of Patience Jonathan's Forfeited Funds Published By EFCC / Enugu Youths Clean The City After The Riots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.