Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? (39332 Views)

Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? / Afe Babalola University Is Ekiti's Second Largest Employer Of Labour - Fayose / Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by dprinz99(m): 10:31am On Jul 02, 2017
9jakohai:

grin

I have a relative who did an IT related course abroad....and he told me lastyear that graduates of Nigerian universities actually are some of the best in his field.

Also, there are a lot of Nigerian-trained doctors doing well abroad...largely because they still rely on actually making diagnosis by examining the patient, and because practicing under limited facilities makes you inventive, and more resourceful....things that your average foreign trained doctor does not have.(eg...I can diagnose liver cancer by examining a patient. Some foreign doctors will waste time by sending for MRI without examining the patient)

Hardship does breed innovation.

Of course our Nigerian unviersities CAN do MUCH better....and they are not that Marrying your friend is one of the most beautiful thing on earth, just see the smiles on their faces

Every moment is fun, no protocols, just enjoymento

Tap her ass in the kitchen. pinch her when she's carried away in deep thoughts, hug her from behind while she is undressing, help her wear her bra & necklace, the list is endless.

If both of u are not friends, the home will be filled with laws and protocols but with love there is no law or offense.

just see the way Messi and bae are walking down the red carpet, NO PROTOCOLS

My bae where art thou?
perfect....but they still work.

That u can give Panadol extra for headache makes u superior over well trained doctors ahbi?
How far BUHARI na?why isn't he treated in nigeria?
Ahbi presidency doesn't know we have better doctors in nigeria?or they haven't heard of you.
Don't go outside and see what your mate are doing,u think its to stay in one clinic and administer drugs.
Go to us,uk,canada,Aussie or any western eu country and see how long it will take u before u will be allowed to go close to patients

3 Likes

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by OdofinLadi(m): 10:36am On Jul 02, 2017
Flashmove:
Hello,

My Uncle wants to bring their children back to study in Nigeria so that they will feel Nigeria and Nigeria will pass through them since they were born abroad.

I would like to know the best University that i will recommend to him.

Please give me the reason why its the best. Advantage and Disadvantage
[color=#006600][/color] I would advise that ur uncle allows the kids to study abroad and come to Nigeria for their NYSC. One year is enough for them to be acquainted with Nigeria. Rots in naija tertiary institutions know no bounds. I work with one so, I know what I'm taking about. My humble advice

3 Likes

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by LilSmith55(m): 10:36am On Jul 02, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Spot on bro.. There was a time around 2013 when over 2,000 were admitted into their business administration department. Imagine that. Same with accounting department and some others like that. What kind of school does that

Can you imagine a student of 1200 in a lecture Room with 400 Seater Chair

1 Like

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Ichietome: 10:46am On Jul 02, 2017
dlox147:

The UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA is best bet.

*The University have got wonderful lectures, and in my years in that school I never heard of issues of lectures taking advantage of students.

*they have got one of the best learning environment with standard laboratories, lecture - room and reading halls.

*the University boost of one of the best library in West Africa.

*aside the early 2000, the issue of cultism is almost non existing from my findings.

*the school is located in a community that is free of the usual social setbacks for students (clubs, aristors, sugar daddy's, yahoo boys, slay Queens etc). It's environment is designed for students and for study. Though joints and clubs exist but they operate with the utmost decency.

*the cost of living is very affordable and as such discourages competition amongst students, giving time to concentrate on their studies.

*it has one of the most beautiful scenery in and around the school (perfect for picnic and healthy social gatherings).

*the security is at the top as the community engages and houses both police and military installations with the local vigilante to compliment.

Bro I can go on....

Lie for Africa
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 02, 2017
9jakohai:

grin

I have a relative who did an IT related course abroad....and he told me lastyear that graduates of Nigerian universities actually are some of the best in his field.

Also, there are a lot of Nigerian-trained doctors doing well abroad...largely because they still rely on actually making diagnosis by examining the patient, and because practicing under limited facilities makes you inventive, and more resourceful....things that your average foreign trained doctor does not have.(eg...I can diagnose liver cancer by examining a patient. Some foreign doctors will waste time by sending for MRI without examining the patient)

Hardship does breed innovation.

Of course our Nigerian unviersities CAN do MUCH better....and they are not that perfect....but they still work.

Nigerians and rubbish mentality. You're simply celebrating mediocrity, the world has gone beyond this orientation.

1 Like

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Naijasimplenews: 10:54am On Jul 02, 2017
NOUN and Unilorin is the most stabilize uni in nigeria www. naijasimple. com
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Claessique1(f): 11:29am On Jul 02, 2017
Flashmove:
Hello,

My Uncle wants to bring their children back to study in Nigeria so that they will feel Nigeria and Nigeria will pass through them since they were born abroad.

Please to come and do what...
Can't you convince him to. Leave them over there, when people here are seeking for means to study abroad, he is thinking of bringing them back here.
No good facilities, wack syllabus.

Well,
Private university is better off for them, should incase he is still bent on them schooling in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Donnetimmy(m): 11:40am On Jul 02, 2017
If your child is the type that loves reading like something else, OAU will be the best.

If he's the social freak, choose Unilag
U.I, ABU, UNN are equally good

C.U is okay also provided you have the financial ability, it is the only private university in Nigeria that deserves the hype.

1 Like

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Donnetimmy(m): 11:42am On Jul 02, 2017
Stable academic calendar is not the only thing that makes a university.

1 Like

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by christejames(m): 12:09pm On Jul 02, 2017
TheVictorious:

Yes but even though reputation is consequential, reputation is not everything you know? UNN has constantly declined in academic standard and excellence indicators over the years.

I beg to differ.
I think the UNN of today has somewhat improved far better than what the school used to be both in infrastructures and academic. The school is among the few schools in the country that conducts here semester exams online ( courses with larger number of students offering it). So many positive things to write about the school now. The lapses according to you I think stem froem the high number of students being admitted now but I think the school is putting modalities in place to contain this shortages.
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by saidu4real: 12:44pm On Jul 02, 2017
Ahmadu Bello university, Zaria
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by kibi(f): 12:45pm On Jul 02, 2017
The kids should stay there and do their studies. They don't really need to be in Nigeria to think or act Nigerian. With information technology they can jolly well read about Nigeria and make friends with Nigerians in diaspora. Coming to Nigeria at a time like this with all the kidnappers perfecting their trade coupled with cultism in most. Nigerian Universities including religious owned ones may likely turn those kids to what their parents never expected.
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Ilaje44(m): 12:50pm On Jul 02, 2017
Basic123:

Exactly.

Infact,[b]I always feel superior [/b]to medical doctors trained abroad especially Ukraine ,germany and russia.Also,that is why its very easy for someone that couldn't even secure admission to UI medical school or other reputable medical school like Ife went to Ukraine and go and become the overall best student.

Of course you would FEEL superior, because of the wrong sense superiority. I don't blame you, if you have the necessary exposure you will feel humbled. That nonsensical fake feel of importance that has kept the countries centuries behind needs to be done away with.

1 Like

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by alamoht(m): 12:55pm On Jul 02, 2017
ednut1:
Ur uncle is a destiny killer.
ednut1:
ednut1:
but why did you say that...funny you.

1 Like

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by bolinjkezzy(m): 1:09pm On Jul 02, 2017
adez9:
nah UV gat it wrong bro....dats for d old LASU not dis present LASU
I want to believe you are right
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by tkondscreen(m): 1:15pm On Jul 02, 2017
NOUN
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by mytym(m): 1:21pm On Jul 02, 2017
Flashmove:
Hello,

For balance in academics, social sophistication and Street Wisdom. I reckon with 3 unis.

University of Ibadan

Covenant University

University of Lagos.

Since the objective is so that "the kids pass through Nigeria and Nigeria flow through them, then I strongly recommend University of Ibadan. That way your uncle's kids will still

-keep their righteous soul,
-taste naija suffering small,
-learn positive street exposure without spoiling
-and ultimately they will have small knowledge to defend whatever grade they come out with written on their certificate.
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by bluetopaz: 1:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
kibi:
The kids should stay there and do their studies. They don't really need to be in Nigeria to think or act Nigerian. With information technology they can jolly well read about Nigeria and make friends with Nigerians in diaspora. Coming to Nigeria at a time like this with all the kidnappers perfecting their trade coupled with cultism in most. Nigerian Universities including religious owned ones may likely turn those kids to what their parents never expected.

I totally agree with you kibi, I have noticed you always make very intelligent comments. Sent you a PM.
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by vykta: 2:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
#ForSentimentsSake: Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta (FUNAAB)... But really! Nigeria!!! Abegi, let them school there and come and spend their holidays here (if need be). Nigerians are looking for opportunity to gain quality education outside and u wan bring ur pikin come here...

Asides private schools... all other universities have serious issues... They may be. good this year but a change. in VC, administration or government will turn them to one of the worst the next year.
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by badrufola(m): 2:22pm On Jul 02, 2017
University of ilorin...
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by bentuzene(m): 2:36pm On Jul 02, 2017
Flashmove:
Hello,

LOL

Okay what course do you want to study?
How do you want to be treated?

These are two questions that would supersede the question of which University is the Best cos even I would say Babcock University cos I schooled there and it wasn't a bad experience.

No Meat in you food just TOFU except you buy from town (The community and yes you are allowed to go out with due notification). You get egg.
No Jeans
Comfortable Hostels to your choice (If you'll love to look rich or just stay comfortable)
Wide array of courses and nice lecturers
You'll have to go for worship (Which is almost the same for other Faith-based private Institution)
A shopping Mall for all your provisions and necessary items.
Nice learning environment
Multiple life changing opportunities with students and career.
Staff to talk to when you have troubles

The school fees is high though
There are stern rules
you have to stay away from trouble all the time
Academic standard is high A = 80
If you get used to the system, you'll know who to talk to and that helps a lot

Then again there's UI. CU and Unilag...

So make your choice!

1 Like

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by blaze7x(m): 2:41pm On Jul 02, 2017
I'm really surprise that someone wants to send his children back to Nigeria to study when most Nigerians are looking for opportunities to study abroad (especially the States and UK)

Anyway going by The reasons you have stated . The University I will recommend is AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA. It is the only university that you will find virtually all the ethnic groups in Nigeria
It has competent professors and countless research institutes,
The Academic calendar is stable
And above all merit is their hallmark , of course what do you expect from the largest university in subsahara of Africa
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Jacktheripper: 2:51pm On Jul 02, 2017
Federal University, Oye Ekiti na name the rest carry but real quality lies with FUOYE
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 02, 2017
National Open University of Nigeria is the best!
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
blaze7x:
I'm really surprise that someone wants to send his children back to Nigeria to study when most Nigerians are looking for opportunities to study abroad (especially the States and UK)

Anyway going by The reasons you have stated . The University I will recommend is AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA. It is the only university that you will find virtually all the ethnic groups in Nigeria
It has competent professors and countless research institutes,
The Academic calendar is stable
And above all merit is their hallmark , of course what do you expect from the largest university in subsahara of Africa

Whaaaaaat??

Tha' tribal school?
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 02, 2017
dprinz99:

I don't know what you are talking about and sure you don't know also
I don't know who told you that but I believe you know that no Naija uni is ranked among top 1000 in the world and beside,I believe you know that some university's budget is far beyond our countries educational budget.
Check MIT's budget for 2016 and compare to our 2016 budget on education and u won't stop crying for our educational system.
I'm yet to hear about the uni in america where a lecturer will opening collect bribe from student just to increase his GP
A GOOD American college or a nice college anywhere around the world is still by far better than our rubbish system.
Don't even like wasting my time typing this
You didn't get the memo bro but UI made it to top 1000 for the first time ever and was ranked 800th by UK based Times higher education. Btw I graduated from Covenant uni and never for once saw a Student bribing a lecturer with sex or money.

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Endosteed(m): 4:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
Unilorin is one of the best because of thier stable academic sessions.
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 4:47pm On Jul 02, 2017
christejames:

I beg to differ.
I think the UNN of today has somewhat improved far better than what the school used to be both in infrastructures and academic. The school is among the few schools in the country that conducts here semester exams online ( courses with larger number of students offering it). So many positive things to write about the school now. The lapses according to you I think stem froem the high number of students being admitted now but I think the school is putting modalities in place to contain this shortages.

You are comparing UNN with their previous self when a host of other schools in the south west have overtaken them in academic performance for about 4 years now. You keep dwelling on the new improvements UNN have adopted, but how about University of Ibadan, Covenant University, Obafemi Awolowo University, etc ??. There are so many schools UNN don't come close to again in academic rating. I repeat, right now, University of Nigeria is at best, the best university in "eastern Nigeria."
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 4:50pm On Jul 02, 2017
dprinz99:

Don't mind their little mentality and mediocrity
I'm still wondering which Nigerian uni meets the 21st century uni standard even tho it offers 2courses

If there are any Nigerian universities that are trying standard-wise, then I think they are CU, UI and even ABUAD!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

UNN Suspends Chigozie Obum For Impregnating Four Students Within 4 Years / I Didn’t Know Anything About Education Sector When Buhari Appointed Me - Adamu / After Four Years In The University, No Certificate From Two Siblings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.