Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? (39331 Views)

Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? / Afe Babalola University Is Ekiti's Second Largest Employer Of Labour - Fayose / Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 4:57pm On Jul 02, 2017
akblings:

its left for u to judge...
But that skol isnt afta producing 50 1st class students who cant make it outside d four walls of the university...

A third class student frm that skol, is extremely good...
Make your findings, u'd see wat am talkin abt...

We are still saying the same things. They can't produce (not award) first class! If you say a third class student of the school is very good, then by whose standard? The same school's standard? Why then didn't he make a better grade?

I guess you're a typical Nigerian that think the strength of an academic institution is in the inability of the students to learn "all" they need to know easily and conveniently. And if they perhaps try to do, their deserved result shouldn't be awarded.

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 5:00pm On Jul 02, 2017
macapie20:

Sorry, i only school in edo state. All my life has been in the north.

You schooling in Edo state; is that why you don't know that the schools you mentioned earlier can't compete favorably with their counterparts in Nigeria?
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 5:05pm On Jul 02, 2017
feran15:

im currently one. And it can get frustrating at times. dont want them to leave the good thing they have there and come here

But they never mentioned the school they are in. Did they? Hope you know that CU is performing better that most American institutions academically? And most of our Nigerians there don't attend the highly rated ones.

I think the point you wanted to make, or should have made, is that they should be aware that CU is a religious institution and they should try to download the handbook and list of prohibited items, in order to make an informed decision.

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 5:07pm On Jul 02, 2017
ejykzy:
To me ooo if his children want to study engineering, beta go FUTO, owerri dats the best engineering universty in 9ja or beta stil UNN, nsuka another good schol, unless they want to go and flex and do ashawo work then de can go to Unilag or uniben..no be me talk am na so e de for Bible....

By which rating sir? Your mind's rating Which parameters did you consider?
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 5:09pm On Jul 02, 2017
philkay:

To me I will recommend these universities
Oau
ui
unilag
unn
unilorin
but I will prefer Oau because the students are free to express themselves and also free from cultist however, one thing about the school is that academic calendar is not stable, just add one year with number of years you are expected to study in oau

The way OAU peeps fear CU lately, they wish it was non-existent!

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 5:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
sonnie10:

Sir with all due respect, I beg to disagree with your submission that limited diagnostic tools brings out the best in a doctor. Modern medicine is Evidence Based. The ability to collaborate with others and utilize available resources to make accurate and informed decisions is very important. There are certain procedures that need to be decisively confirmed during the intervention process to avoid medical errors. For instances, a PICC line placement must be managed and adjusted precisely for proper vascular access. This can only be done by using the right imaging procedure. Most hospital in Nigeria are not fully supported for such medical cases which are common in advanced countries. This is just one example of how technology aids modern medicine.

Even the cancer you mentioned, the chances of being treated is based on early detection. No matter the doctor's experience in oncology, it is practically impossible to catch cancer in its early stage by mere assessment of patient when symptoms are not yet present. Advances in Nuclear medicine and molecular imaging have made it possible to see and nib them in the bud before they metasize.

Have you considered how bioengineering is redefining medicine? Doctors in advance have the best of medical equipment, calibrated and remotely monitored for accuracy and precision. A visit to an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) in a developed country hospital will wow you! You would see how patients are wired up and hooked to different monitoring devises 24/7.

So, I disagree that hardship bring out innovation, rather it dampens ones inventive genius.

Very apt! I accept this position.

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by feran15(m): 6:13pm On Jul 02, 2017
[quote author=TheVictorious post=58053308][/quote]

they most likely arent in anyone right now, but its going to be a big shift from 4g networks and phones to cu and their crappy wifi. the hand book doesnt really describe the nonsense that goes on in cu. so its better to do more research or just school abroad.
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 6:22pm On Jul 02, 2017
feran15:

they most likely arent in anyone right now, but its going to be a big shift from 4g networks and phones to cu and their crappy wifi. the hand book doesnt really describe the nonsense that goes on in cu. so its better to do more research or just school abroad.

Then you're talking about a problem of country switch right now and not CU. Besides have you been to any other Nigerian varsity, I think CU outclass all, by the standard parameters we're considering. Otherwise, which other Nigerian university would you recommend, if they must school in Nigeria?

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 02, 2017
gidjah:
stop recommending stinking public universities to kids who have foreign trainings and with state to the art facilities outside this nation!, what have ui, oau got to offer this kids who need foreign basic standards of education ?, strikes, cultism, bad water, poor lighting systems, poor internet systems etc......abeg make una stop disgracing una self mentioning public universities biko!!(fyi, I attended a public university too , but nothing special came out of them qpqrt from the many long strike and poor learning conditions that is prevalent with all our public institutions nation wide ).private uni lik CU will do best for the kids in this situation biko

what's my business with you? was I talking to you? I was talking to the OP and not you pls!
stop getting angry with me,if you don't like my recommendations you can recommend for her!
forget the strikes and you'll know that some federal universities are far better than private universities! you can't compare fed and private uni in terms of being learned. a public uni graduate is ahead of a private!
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 02, 2017
Eportal123:
You are a fool, where is Oba Awon University

thank you very much for your insult.
so because I didn't mention OAU it resulted to calling me a fool?
how would u feel if I insult you?
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Eportal123: 7:15pm On Jul 02, 2017
Sorry though!
hunniebun:

thank you very much for your insult.
so because I didn't mention OAU it resulted to calling me a fool?
how would u feel if I insult you?
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by feran15(m): 7:44pm On Jul 02, 2017
[quote author=TheVictorious post=58055460][/quote]

the internet problem is just a cu thing. with phones, you can get 4g network nowadays or atleast 3G.
anyways education in nigeria isnt really worth it.
so id advise to stay abroad
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Amah91(m): 11:34pm On Jul 02, 2017
Federal University of Technology Owerri is one of the best school in Nigeria
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Basic123: 11:18am On Jul 03, 2017
Ilaje44:

Of course you would FEEL superior, because of the wrong sense superiority. I don't blame you, if you have the necessary exposure you will feel humbled. That nonsensical fake feel of importance that has kept the countries centuries behind needs to be done away with.

Lolz....you are boasting of being well exposed than someone you don't know who he is.Your problem is more than inferiority complex.

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Ilaje44(m): 1:03pm On Jul 03, 2017
Basic123:

Lolz....you are boasting of being well exposed than someone you don't know who he is.Your problem is more than inferiority complex.

My pican, even though I no boast anywhere in my writing say me I dey more exposed, I remain with my word say the boy is a very LOCAL champion. If he enter real theatre him go bow. Nigeria universities wey be say professors na demigods, and dem no fit tolerate critic, na dat one be universities? Abeg go laugh for somewhere else jere.
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Basic123: 1:23pm On Jul 03, 2017
Ilaje44:

My pican, even though I no boast anywhere in my writing say me I dey more exposed, I remain with my word say the boy is a very LOCAL champion. If he enter real theatre him go bow. Nigeria universities wey be say professors na demigods, and dem no fit tolerate critic, na dat one be universities? Abeg go laugh for somewhere else jere.

I also still maintain that inferiority complex dey worry you .
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by chineduemmao: 6:29pm On Jul 03, 2017
TheVictorious:

Not true sir, some are more substandard and some are more promising.
boriiiiiiiiiiiiiiing
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 03, 2017
None..
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by macapie20(m): 7:25am On Jul 04, 2017
TheVictorious:

You schooling in Edo state; is that why you don't know that the schools you mentioned earlier can't compete favorably with their counterparts in Nigeria?

I was just giving them hope.
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by cy4cent(f): 8:04am On Jul 04, 2017
*STUDY IN PHILIPPINES*

*2017/2018 AUGUST ADMISSION*

ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- O level Result [WAEC / NECO
- Birth Certificate
- Testimonial
- Four(4) Passport Photograph
- International Passport
- Transcript [for transfer students only] 

NB//
Tuition Fee in some schools there is cheaper than most private universities in Nigeria, it is paid per semester and can be paid on instalment.
Tuition fee can be in the range of *120,000 - 600,000* in NGN depending on the course..

*RESUMPTION DATE:*
August
November

*WHO CAN APPLY?*

... Students with Waec/Neco Result.

... Students who didn't make jamb.

...Students who made jamb but couldn't get admitted

... Transferees with transcript

Masters programs aspirants.

*RN that want to get BSN*
12-18 months

*BENEFITS OF STUDYING IN PHILIPPINES:*

... The B.Sc. programme runs for 4years

3years with Summer

No strike

1 year premed

Low tuition fee

Standard and modern infrastructure
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by frankosivue(m): 6:42pm On Nov 01, 2018
Dayo4real12:
Tell ur uncle to try ATBU ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY
A Balewite?
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Dayo4real12: 10:47am On Nov 02, 2018
frankosivue:
A Balewite?
Yes
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by planetzoom: 1:21pm On Nov 02, 2018
university of Abuja is the best,great abujites
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by TeeZinnas: 2:53pm On Nov 02, 2018
Well, I won't be fast in nailing the so called UNCLE.....MAYBE it's due to financial constraint BUH......CONVENANT UNIVERSITY IS THE BEST
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by frankosivue(m): 3:21pm On Nov 02, 2018
planetzoom:
university of Abuja is the best,great abujites
Tell us what makes it the best? Last time I checked, it was the worse federal university in Nigeria.
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by frankosivue(m): 3:23pm On Nov 02, 2018
TeeZinnas:
Well, I won't be fast in nailing the so called UNCLE.....MAYBE it's due to financial constraint BUH......CONVENANT UNIVERSITY IS THE BEST
The best? What about UI?
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by frankosivue(m): 3:30pm On Nov 02, 2018
Dayo4real12:
Yes
wow! I am also one.
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Dayo4real12: 8:50am On Nov 07, 2018
frankosivue:
wow! I am also one.
Wow

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 07, 2018
I would advise that you choose from the following private universities in Nigeria.
1. Afe Babalola University
2. America University of Nigeria
3. Blaze University
4. Covenant University
5. Eliza University
These are good schools. Covenant is a religious university hence you need to download their brochure if available on the internet.
The reason I gave these universities is because they rarely go on strike and impact knowledge on their students. They have stable academic calendar hence your kids or relation can graduate on time. The other universities listed by many on this forum are predominately public universities . Those universities lack good teaching skills. No good relationship between lecturers and students hence many students view their tutors as demigod. Students find it difficult to approach most of their lecturers if they have academic challenge. There is bureaucratic way of doing things in most public universities in Nigeria. So if you put them in those public universities be ready to deal with the consequences
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by frankosivue(m): 2:50pm On Nov 07, 2018
Dayo4real12:
Wow
Yeah. Will resume next year.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

UNN Suspends Chigozie Obum For Impregnating Four Students Within 4 Years / I Didn’t Know Anything About Education Sector When Buhari Appointed Me - Adamu / After Four Years In The University, No Certificate From Two Siblings