Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? (39367 Views)

Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? / Afe Babalola University Is Ekiti's Second Largest Employer Of Labour - Fayose / Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Juliearth(f): 5:06am On Jul 02, 2017
Flashmove:
Hello,

My Uncle wants to bring their children back to study in Nigeria so that they will feel Nigeria and Nigeria will pass through them since they were born abroad.

I would like to know the best University that i will recommend to him.

Please give me the reason why its the best. Advantage and Disadvantage

FUT Minna
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Blue3k(m): 5:20am On Jul 02, 2017
What are they studying? Then pick the school based off rank. Then look at reputation in their area they wish to study. This will narrow down choices for each of his kids.

Flashmove
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by tayorh(m): 5:25am On Jul 02, 2017
I reject every spirit of backwardness, your uncle no try at all. I'm sure his children will definitely refuse to School in Nigeria..
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by ejykzy: 5:36am On Jul 02, 2017
To me ooo if his children want to study engineering, beta go FUTO, owerri dats the best engineering universty in 9ja or beta stil UNN, nsuka another good schol, unless they want to go and flex and do ashawo work then de can go to Unilag or uniben..no be me talk am na so e de for Bible....

1 Like

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:47am On Jul 02, 2017
ednut1:
Ur uncle is a destiny killer.

grin

I have a relative who did an IT related course abroad....and he told me lastyear that graduates of Nigerian universities actually are some of the best in his field.

Also, there are a lot of Nigerian-trained doctors doing well abroad...largely because they still rely on actually making diagnosis by examining the patient, and because practicing under limited facilities makes you inventive, and more resourceful....things that your average foreign trained doctor does not have.(eg...I can diagnose liver cancer by examining a patient. Some foreign doctors will waste time by sending for MRI without examining the patient)

Hardship does breed innovation.

Of course our Nigerian unviersities CAN do MUCH better....and they are not that perfect....but they still work.

1 Like

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by donfineboi: 5:57am On Jul 02, 2017
Kamelot77:
unilorin.........better by far..............
academy stability

You mean academic stability
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by babsy01(m): 5:59am On Jul 02, 2017
the best university Is Ahmadu Bello University Zaria

1 Like

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by LilSmith55(m): 6:13am On Jul 02, 2017
Nedfed:

Oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why u put kwarapoly?
You don spoil show.
Now uncle has change his mind.

Tell Uncle make e no vex, na play I dey follow dem play ooo...

Make e no change him mind... Abeg

1 Like

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by feran15(m): 6:36am On Jul 02, 2017
TheVictorious:

There are thousands of people in CU and whenever a few people of no substantial percentage get into problem for running fowl of the rules, it makes every single headline you can think of because it's CU. Cool down bro, I graduated from there and most of the things you here outside a too over-exaggerated.

im currently one. And it can get frustrating at times. dont want them to leave the good thing they have there and come here
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Volatee90: 6:47am On Jul 02, 2017
Adekunle Ajasin University
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Collins87: 6:52am On Jul 02, 2017
FUTY the best, now Mautech. Case closed.
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by kennyjam: 7:04am On Jul 02, 2017
OP Lautech is the Best so that Nigeria can pass through them. Thank me later in future..
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by philkay(m): 7:07am On Jul 02, 2017
Flashmove:
Hello,

My Uncle wants to bring their children back to study in Nigeria so that they will feel Nigeria and Nigeria will pass through them since they were born abroad.

To me I will recommend these universities
Oau
ui
unilag
unn
unilorin
but I will prefer Oau because the students are free to express themselves and also free from cultist however, one thing about the school is that academic calendar is not stable, just add one year with number of years you are expected to study in oau

2 Likes

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by sonnie10: 7:16am On Jul 02, 2017
9jakohai:

grin

I have a relative who did an IT related course abroad....and he told me lastyear that graduates of Nigerian universities actually are some of the best in his field.

Also, there are a lot of Nigerian-trained doctors doing well abroad...largely because they still rely on actually making diagnosis by examining the patient, and because practicing under limited facilities makes you inventive, and more resourceful....things that your average foreign trained doctor does not have.(eg...I can diagnose liver cancer by examining a patient. Some foreign doctors will waste time by sending for MRI without examining the patient)

Of course our Nigerian unviersities CAN do MUCH better....and they are not that perfect....but they still work.

Sir with all due respect, I beg to disagree with your submission that limited diagnostic tools brings out the best in a doctor. Modern medicine is Evidence Based. The ability to collaborate with others and utilize available resources to make accurate and informed decisions is very important. There are certain procedures that need to be decisively confirmed during the intervention process to avoid medical errors. For instances, a PICC line placement must be managed and adjusted precisely for proper vascular access. This can only be done by using the right imaging procedure. Most hospital in Nigeria are not fully supported for such medical cases which are common in advanced countries. This is just one example of how technology aids modern medicine.

Even the cancer you mentioned, the chances of being treated is based on early detection. No matter the doctor's experience in oncology, it is practically impossible to catch cancer in its early stage by mere assessment of patient when symptoms are not yet present. Advances in Nuclear medicine and molecular imaging have made it possible to see and nib them in the bud before they metasize.

Have you considered how bioengineering is redefining medicine? Doctors in advance have the best of medical equipment, calibrated and remotely monitored for accuracy and precision. A visit to an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) in a developed country hospital will wow you! You would see how patients are wired up and hooked to different monitoring devises 24/7.

So, I disagree that hardship bring out innovation, rather it dampens ones inventive genius.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by kehindetayo(m): 7:16am On Jul 02, 2017
Nasarawa State University. I am a product of that school.
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by damo2014(m): 7:17am On Jul 02, 2017
Skappy44:
university of ibadan, unilag,unilorin,uniben covenant university

university of Ibadan is the worst for now, especially its economics dept.
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Basic123: 7:18am On Jul 02, 2017
9jakohai:

grin

Exactly.

Infact,I always feel superior to medical doctors trained abroad especially Ukraine ,germany and russia.Also,that is why its very easy for someone that couldn't even secure admission to UI medical school or other reputable medical school like Ife went to Ukraine and go and become the overall best student.

1 Like

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by macapie20(m): 7:19am On Jul 02, 2017
TheVictorious:

So you've never left Edo republic before?? Go out and see what's happening outside!

Sorry, i only school in edo state. All my life has been in the north.
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by dprinz99(m): 7:21am On Jul 02, 2017
Statsocial:

Let me not talk about CU so ppl don't accuse me of bias. But I hope you know that according to Times Higher education ranking(most reputable ranking in the world) UI is better than 5000 out of 5200 higher institutions in the USA and it Is also amongst the top 5% universities in the world.
Academia in UI is potentially top notch and the only reason my own Almamater, CU would eventually out rank UI in reputable rankings would be because of the financial advantage of CU and excellent corporate governance which is absent in public universities. So bro don't look down on Nigerian universities.
I don't know what you are talking about and sure you don't know also
I don't know who told you that but I believe you know that no Naija uni is ranked among top 1000 in the world and beside,I believe you know that some university's budget is far beyond our countries educational budget.
Check MIT's budget for 2016 and compare to our 2016 budget on education and u won't stop crying for our educational system.
I'm yet to hear about the uni in america where a lecturer will opening collect bribe from student just to increase his GP
A GOOD American college or a nice college anywhere around the world is still by far better than our rubbish system.
Don't even like wasting my time typing this
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by ineed2know(m): 7:24am On Jul 02, 2017
UNIMAID Come and be made!!
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by dprinz99(m): 7:26am On Jul 02, 2017
[quote author=Basic123 post=58037415]

Exactly.

Infact,I always feel superior to medical doctors trained abroad especially Ukraine ,germany and russia.Also,that is why its very easy for someone that couldn't even secure admission to UI medical school or other reputable medical school like Ife went to Ukraine and go and become the overall best student.[/quote
Hope I didn't see Germany there
Coz they actually have the toughest educational system in the world
Tougher than america,uk,Aussie and Canada
Check ur fact .if the superiority complex has been burying your eyes,please respect any german graduate you seer from today
I know y u guys are shouting,if u have the chance to do one certificate course abroad,ur mentality will change

1 Like

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Majesticniyi(m): 7:26am On Jul 02, 2017
Anyone with objective data analysis skills can conclude from this thread that two schools win hands down as the best: University of ibadan (my Alma mater) and Covenant University (My church school).

But wait, is it not all these same people that abuse Oyedepo for the expensive school fees and how he is cheating people? So now, you know the school has standard abi? Check out the fees paid in Havard and MIT and you would know that for the standard of education offered by Covenant, the fees the students pay is relatively cheap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Abbasmh(m): 7:30am On Jul 02, 2017
If you want academic excellence, go to Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
UI and Unilag are also good
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Bobola07(m): 7:35am On Jul 02, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
hmmm! bro have u changed to futa?
i'll pm u
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Basic123: 7:37am On Jul 02, 2017
[quote author=dprinz99 post=58037621][/quote]

Hope I didn't see Germany there
Coz they actually have the toughest educational system
in the world
Tougher than america,uk,Aussie and Canada
Check ur fact .if the superiority complex has been
burying your eyes,please respect any german graduate
you seer from today
I know y u guys are shouting,if u have the chance to
do one certificate course abroad,ur mentality will
change

Yes its germany:Please don't go into cardiogenic shock with your inferiority complex and Ignorance.
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by oldfoolnigger(m): 7:39am On Jul 02, 2017
Bobola07:

i'll pm u
OK bro
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Rilwayne001: 7:39am On Jul 02, 2017
LilSmith55:
Kwara State Polytechnic, incase dey want to choose a poly

grin grin grin

That useless school where if you don't buy handouts it's automatically -20 marks in your semester exam? undecided
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 02, 2017
Basic123:

Exactly.

Infact,I always feel superior to medical doctors trained abroad especially Ukraine ,germany and russia.Also,that is why its very easy for someone that couldn't even secure admission to UI medical school or other reputable medical school like Ife went to Ukraine and go and become the overall best student.
sonnie10:

Sir with all due respect, I beg to disagree with your submission that limited diagnostic tools brings out the best in a doctor. Modern medicine is Evidence Based. The ability to collaborate with others and utilize available resources to make accurate and informed decisions is very important. There are certain procedures that need to be decisively confirmed during the intervention process to avoid medical errors. For instances, a PICC line placement must be managed and adjusted precisely for proper vascular access. This can only be done by using the right imaging procedure. Most hospital in Nigeria are not fully supported for such of medical cases which are common in advanced countries. This just one example of how technology aids modern medicine.

Even the cancer you mentioned, the chances of being treated is based on early detection. No matter the doctor's experience in oncology, it is practically impossible to catch cancer in its early stage when symptoms are not yet present. Advances in Nuclear medicine and molecular imaging have made is possible to see and nib them in the bud before they metasize.

Have you considered how bioengineering is redefining medicine? Doctors in advance have the best of medical equipment, calibrated and remotely monitored for accuracy and precision. A visit to an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) in a developed country hospital will wow you! You would see how patients are wired up and hooked to different monitoring devises 24/7.

So, I disagree that hardship bring out innovation, rather it dampens ones inventive genius.

One of the few times I get two answers that I totally agree with.!

Thanks guys, your answers were brilliant!
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by dprinz99(m): 7:45am On Jul 02, 2017
9jakohai:

grin

Bros no even mention the It sector stuff here ooo
I know hundreds of Nigerian graduate of computer science and related courses who can't even code or use one programming language and u are here talking what u don't know.
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Bobola07(m): 7:49am On Jul 02, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
OK bro
u av mail bro
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Ilaje44(m): 7:50am On Jul 02, 2017
Why would he wanna do that? Nigeria should pass through them when they are already adult? Does he want to destroy the children's life before it starts? He wants to send them to the low standard universities when they have opportunities to attend better tertiary institutions, what loving parent does such? I would understands if he wanted to send them to secondary school, but university is a no no. The best he should try to do is get them enrolled over there, and try to make them do student exchange programmes with participating Nigerian schools instead of sending them down outrightly to poorly funded Nigerian schools infested with cultism and randy lecturers.

If he wants a better life for his children, student exchange is the better program. He should also bear in mind that if the children are going to work abroad, they may still have to do additional programs to have their Nigerian degrees acceptable for potential employees abroad.

Nigerian universities where lecturers consider themselves as god, where they treat grown up people like kids?

Ọlọrun ma ma jẹki oju mi ribi kẹ.

Flashmove:
Hello,

2 Likes

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by LilSmith55(m): 7:53am On Jul 02, 2017
Rilwayne001:

That useless school where if you don't buy handouts it's automatically -20 marks in your semester exam? undecided

100% Right, ah no pray for my enemy to go to that School, very useless and overcrowdy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l / NDU Student Laments As Rat "Chops" Her 30k Inside A Saving Box In Amassoma / I Didn’t Know Anything About Education Sector When Buhari Appointed Me - Adamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.